Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,150 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

"Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon (22701 Views)

Why Restructuring Is Mathematically Impossible In Nigeria / Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG / FG: Why Restructuring Won’t Work Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by irepnaija4eva(m): 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2017
By Anthony Ogbonna

Ex-Head of state, General Yakubu Gowon has said that restructuring Nigeria is impossible.

General Gowon said Nigeria’s restructuring is impossible because the country is made up of over 5000 ethnic groups with ethnic dialects and languages which would not allow each group to yield to another in terms of concession of certain benefits.

The Former Head of State gave the statement while speaking at Minna, Niger State.

According to him, there would be various definitions of what restructuring is by the various ethnic groups and that this would make it impossible for the groups to come to general conclusion as to what it really should be.

General Gowon who urged for a united Nigeria however doubted the buoyancy in finance by state governments to fend for themselves if the country is to be restructured to regional bases as being pushed by some.

According to him, “Nigeria is made up of over 500 ethnic groups, languages and dialects and so many various groups called nationalities and they want restructuring.

This restructuring everybody is asking for, we will have about 500 different ideas of restructuring. There is call for restructuring to reduce the number of states to only a few either back to the old region or to the zones.”

“Those are some of the ideas that I do not know whether it will be possible for any state today to wish to be merged with another state. Let us see whether our politicians will see guidelines to be able to achieve what they want.

“But I have my problem whether the states will be financially capable so they will be able to run there states properly.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/restructuring-nigeria-impossible-says-gowon/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by irepnaija4eva(m): 2:28pm On Oct 27, 2017
Agitators, secessionist, fiscal federalism apologist be like....

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by dealslip(f): 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2017
But this thing is not difficult now. Just return to what we practiced before the 1966 coup. Even if there are 5000 ethnic groups at least we all knew what region each belonged to. What is complex about that. I just think this is deliberate ignorance.

150 Likes 11 Shares

Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by loveth360(f): 2:41pm On Oct 27, 2017
Division is the best.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by magoo10(m): 2:50pm On Oct 27, 2017
When will these old men that have failed nigeria die and leave the younger generations to their fate, even at old age these men have nothing meaningful to offer after plunging the nation into a senseless war borne out of greed and hatred.

Biafra is my identity

158 Likes 15 Shares

Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by asksteve(m): 7:31pm On Oct 27, 2017
Sir, restructuring Nigeria is very possible n is workable. The restructuring ppl are asking for is simply a return to true federalism.

What is hindering it is u n ur likes not wanting to let go of d common wealth of d people u have annexed as ur personal properties.

104 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by kolnel: 4:34pm On Oct 28, 2017
That’s why it will be hard for Nigeria to move forward
Too much parasitic states

11 Likes

Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by GoodiOG(m): 4:34pm On Oct 28, 2017
Restructuring cannot works of course. Regional Division is the only thing that Nigeria needs today. Like the FTC said, Nigeria shluld just go back to Before 1966 coup.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by lonelydora: 4:34pm On Oct 28, 2017
So this yeye man is still talking after reneging on Aburi Accord which caused Civil war?

Well, i don't blame him. He is still eating big from the national cake.

Restructuring won't work, then let's divide.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by olamil43: 4:34pm On Oct 28, 2017
get the best prices from different stores on [url]quickfinda.com[/url]
Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by dannytoe(m): 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2017
You cant restructure when bahuri is still hollding on to 95% Vs 5% myopic and hypocritic ideaology.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2017
welcome to nigeria where the average man has low IQ, they scammed u in 2015, 2019 is coming they are screaming restructure, the low IQ nigeria now believes restructuring would solve corruption, nepotism, inflation of contract,unemployment, bad road, lack of power, crappy health system. Gosh who do us like this

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by lollmaolol(m): 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2017
Been wanting to read details.

This man is senile..... nothing is impossible

4 Likes

Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by castrol180(m): 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2017
good, agitators should please hear and digest that...
Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by Odingo1: 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2017
Restructuring is not hard, Nigeria have six regions as of today, allow each geopolitical zone to control their resources and create a number of state they want or revert to 1960 constitution and group Nigeria into four regions, North, West, Mid West and East.

8 Likes

Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by itiswellandwell: 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by fulaniHERDSman(m): 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2017
angry
Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by Ambitionsway: 4:36pm On Oct 28, 2017
Common sense they said isn't common.. na true

2 Likes

Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by Rubbiish(m): 4:38pm On Oct 28, 2017
dealslip:
But this thing is not difficult now. Just return to what we practiced before the 1966 coup. Even if there are 5000 ethnic groups at least we all knew what region each belonged to. What is complex about that. I just think this is deliberate ignorance.
Not ignorance my brother
Before 1966 & now are not the same, things have changed
Corruption & laziness have taken a better part of us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by inotice: 4:39pm On Oct 28, 2017
Northern leaders and one Nigeria chant are like pvssy and dickson.It intoxicates them.They just can't seem to get enough of it.Bunch of kleptomanic underworld bloodsucking parasites.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by Rubbiish(m): 4:39pm On Oct 28, 2017
yeyerolling:
welcome to nigeria where the average man has low IQ, they scammed u in 2015, 2019 is coming they are screaming restructure, the low IQ nigeria now believes restructuring would solve corruption, nepotism, inflation of contract,unemployment, bad road, lack of power, crappy health system. Gosh who do us like this
God bless u @bold
It simply wont change anything...
Individuals are the ones that are corrupt, not region or state

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by shevy878: 4:40pm On Oct 28, 2017
what is wrong with this North Central dullards. How many times ll dey xplain Restructuring to you guys.
Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by kay29000(m): 4:40pm On Oct 28, 2017
Nothing is impossible. There doesn't have to be 500 regions. There just has to be 5-7 regions...kinda like how it was before.

1 Like

Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 28, 2017
dealslip:

Back to regions where big tribes dominated small tribes.

No thanks, speaking as a minority. And before 66 corruption and tribalism dey

2 Likes

Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 28, 2017
shift833:
See my account balance is for all mtn sim working

Trabant Aminus take you.
Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hmmm

Thing is restructuring is basically talk about how to share oil money.

That is why I don't back it.

Call me when Northerner and Southerners are ready for an innovation based economy free of oil.

1 Like

Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by davillian(m): 4:44pm On Oct 28, 2017
If I slap uehn

1 Share

Re: "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon by logica(m): 4:44pm On Oct 28, 2017
Let us see whether our politicians will see guidelines to be able to achieve what they want.
This is all there is to say, and that matters. The rest is an opinion which is his right to have.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akpabio, Orji Lead PDP Senators-elect To Pro Saraki Meeting, APC Rattled! / Buhari At The Funeral Of Late Emir Of Borgu / Ortom’s Exit From APC A Blessing To Us – Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.