Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

I Only Need Jonathan To Prove That I Am Innocent' Ex-pdp Spokesperson, Olisa Met - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Only Need Jonathan To Prove That I Am Innocent' Ex-pdp Spokesperson, Olisa Met (599 Views)

I Am Innocent Of All Charges Take Me To Court, Fayose Tells efcc / Present Pdp Spokesperson Indicted Atiku In 2006 / Breaking News: Former PDP Spokesperson, Dayo Adeyeye Decamps To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Only Need Jonathan To Prove That I Am Innocent' Ex-pdp Spokesperson, Olisa Met by Leader01(m): 9:22pm On Oct 27, 2017
Former PDP spokesperson, Olisa Metuh, says he would never allow himself to be used against ex-President Goodluck Jonathan. Metuh through his counsel had asked the Federal High Court to issue a summon on Former president Goodluck Jonathan to appear as a witness in his ongoing trial. Metuh is accused of collecting N400 million from the office of the former Naitional Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki. Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court on Monday October 23rd, signed the summons and asked the court Bailiff to ensure it gets to Jonathan so he can appear at the next court hearing.

In a statement released yesterday October 26th, Metuh says he is not calling on Jonathan to appear in court to humilate him but he wants the former president to come into the witness box to prove that he is innocent in the charges of money laundering leveled against him by the Federal government.
“It is, therefore, inconceivable and completely ridiculous for anybody to think that I would for any reason betray or surrender myself to be used against President Goodluck Jonathan, for whom I have immense respect and served diligently, without any apologies, in and out of office. To what end will I conspire with the same set of people, who singled me out to be humiliated and openly handcuffed, while spreading all manner of malicious stories against me, most of which they even denied outright in court while others remain completely unsubstantiated? Ordinarily, the content of the charge against me in the Federal High Court should not breed any worries but for the fact that it now appears that the anti-corruption fight has shifted the burden of proof to a defendant once an allegation is made. Without prejudice to all the foregoing, I accept that it was the need for corroboration of lack of mens rea on my part that led my lawyers to request for the evidence of the respected former President to assist them in proving my innocence.”
Metuh in his statement said that as a result of the controversies that have emanated from his invitation to Jonathan to testify in his case, he has asked his lawyers to review the subpoena.
“However, with all the controversies arising from the reports of the said pronouncements and the attendant concerns thereof, I have instructed my legal team to revisit and review the entire issue of the subpoena,” he said.
Source:http://www.ayaramargaretblog.com/2017/10/i-only-need-jonathan-to-prove-that-i-am.html?m=0#more
Re: I Only Need Jonathan To Prove That I Am Innocent' Ex-pdp Spokesperson, Olisa Met by HungerBAD: 9:24pm On Oct 27, 2017
Goodluck Jonathan,

Respect yourself and obey the law.
Re: I Only Need Jonathan To Prove That I Am Innocent' Ex-pdp Spokesperson, Olisa Met by Bari22: 9:35pm On Oct 27, 2017
Jonathan is not above the law
Re: I Only Need Jonathan To Prove That I Am Innocent' Ex-pdp Spokesperson, Olisa Met by Unik3030: 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2017
buhari doesn't want to face Jonathan directly (I think it's an agreement) but he wants to frustrate people to mention him. politics Na devils game
Re: I Only Need Jonathan To Prove That I Am Innocent' Ex-pdp Spokesperson, Olisa Met by jumper524(m): 9:48pm On Oct 27, 2017
stop politicizing your issue. you stole you stole.. seems the current chief judge of the federation is now involved in many corrupt issues.. d way criminals are making U-turn dey surprise me.. was it not d same metuh that was pleading to return his loot..
Re: I Only Need Jonathan To Prove That I Am Innocent' Ex-pdp Spokesperson, Olisa Met by ipobarecriminals: 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2017
sad THIEVES
Re: I Only Need Jonathan To Prove That I Am Innocent' Ex-pdp Spokesperson, Olisa Met by Paperwhite(m): 10:32pm On Oct 27, 2017
Bari22:
Jonathan is not above the law

HungerBAD:
Goodluck Jonathan,
Respect yourself and obey the law.
And Buhari have not only shown that he is not above the law, but that he is the law,jurist and executor by his absolute disdain for the supreme Nigerian constitution and legal court orders. Common Oputa panel,Buhari openly tell the whole world with uttermost disdain that he'll not and never appeared.So can you guys beat that? Do zombiesm with some dignity people.
Re: I Only Need Jonathan To Prove That I Am Innocent' Ex-pdp Spokesperson, Olisa Met by Paperwhite(m): 10:35pm On Oct 27, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
sad THIEVES
And what are the Danbazzaus,Abba Kyari's,Buratais,Maina's,Lawal Babachirs,Gwarzos(SEC boss),Amaechis,Fayemis,Fasholas,Budget padders and other grand standing crooks of the APC regime?
Re: I Only Need Jonathan To Prove That I Am Innocent' Ex-pdp Spokesperson, Olisa Met by ipobarecriminals: 11:03pm On Oct 27, 2017
Paperwhite:
And what are the Danbazzaus,Abba Kyari's,Buratais,Maina's,Lawal Babachirs,Gwarzos(SEC boss),Amaechis,Fayemis,Fasholas,Budget padders and other grand standing crooks of the APC regime?
go read my post.I dnt support THIEVES. 2019 go diff

(1) (Reply)

Ipob Gain More Support To Boycott Anambra Election (video) / Breaking News: Robert Mugabe Resigns As President Of Zimbabwe / ANAMBRA: Real Reasons Obiano Floored Opponents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.