Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor (13559 Views)

Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Back As UNILAG VC / Buhari suspends Babalakin as UNILAG Pro-Chancellor, sacks Acting VC / ADP Lagos Congratulates Ogundipe As The New UNILAG Vice Chancellor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by Queenlovely(f): 8:00am On Oct 28, 2017
lilytender:

Obviously most of third religious people are narcissistic and megalomaniac. Such people shouldn't head educational institution if we want to progress.

I swear. Education has been abused. The saliva from that man's mouth almost blinded me. He was without a care in the world
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by WaffenSS(m): 8:18am On Oct 28, 2017
I don't know why higher academics in Nigeria seem the exclusive preserve of fossilized old men.

All VCs, Deans, Profs etc are at least 70.

In Nigeria it's an anomaly to see a 40 year old prof. They won't let you go near.

Where i work we've a 34 year old PhD.

2 Likes

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by waledeji(m): 8:42am On Oct 28, 2017
Queenlovely:
I met him 5 years back a jfk airport and we spoke for sometime at the waiting area. I was going to Oregon and he was flying to Benin republic. He was beating his chest about his various achievement in life while I watch with keen interest.
His Ipad was filled with so many narcissist pictures of him. I pity the school

1 Like

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by Blackfriday: 8:54am On Oct 28, 2017
He his nice man,i had a brief encounter with him during my I.T in unilag at a special research laboratory in school of science headed by Dr Henry into. Know he has the credibility and honestly tot he might become a VC oneday
holytribe:

It's not about any connection. There has been a great progression in his career right from Dean of spgs to DVC academics and research and now the incoming Vc. He is a man of integrity and I have met him series of times

1 Like

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 28, 2017
holytribe:

It's not about any connection. There has been a great progression in his career right from Dean of spgs to DVC academics and research and now the incoming Vc. He is a man of integrity and I have met him series of times

Prof is a definition of humility.
He became a professor in his thirties.

2 Likes

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 28, 2017
WaffenSS:
I don't know why higher academics in Nigeria seem the exclusive preserve of fossilized old men.

In Nigeria it's an anomaly to see a 40 year old prof. They won't let you go near.

Fortunately for Ogundipe, he became a prof in his thirties.

1 Like

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by pennywys(m): 9:54am On Oct 28, 2017
O God give Uniport a new VC, Lale is killing us slowly
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by braine(m): 10:01am On Oct 28, 2017
Queenlovely:
I met him 5 years back a jfk airport and we spoke for sometime at the waiting area. I was going to Oregon and he was flying to Benin republic. He was beating his chest about his various achievement in life while I watch with keen interest.

He has really achieved much. I was in his Department for my undergrad degree. He was like a mini god in Botany department.
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by madgoat(m): 10:01am On Oct 28, 2017
I wonder why botany is even a course grin
Imagine studying plants cheesy ... Whats more crazy than that? grin
Well i guess its better than people studying plant science grin grin cheesy grin thats just madness grin and even animal science... Oh lawd save me. grin
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by Keballl: 10:27am On Oct 28, 2017
madgoat:
I wonder why botany is even a course grin
Imagine studying plants cheesy ... Whats more crazy than that? grin
Well i guess its better than people studying plant science grin grin cheesy grin thats just madness grin and even animal science... Oh lawd save me. grin

Ignorance is your Forte. Keep it up..

2 Likes

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by Walelavender(m): 11:11am On Oct 28, 2017
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing an enviable service delivery in d Varsity.
Would love to go to their PG school. Any Idea about the cost of running an MEng in Civil Engineering?
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by WaffenSS(m): 11:19am On Oct 28, 2017
DrWise:

Fortunately for Ogundipe, he became a prof in his thirties.

And a VC in his 100s?

sad
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by VirtuesEmpire(f): 11:25am On Oct 28, 2017
...school search made easy@ collegecatlog.ng

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by mechanics(m): 11:32am On Oct 28, 2017
Congrats to him, it's not easy at all.
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by patwilly(m): 11:53am On Oct 28, 2017
lilytender:

Obviously most of third religious people are narcissistic and megalomaniac. Such people shouldn't head educational institution if we want to progress.
I think I subscribe to this view. There's a lecturer in the same school: a self professed religious man and a redeemed pastor who's exactly as you've described. The man behaves as if the world revolves around him. Looking at him, you ll definitely ask how he was allowed to come close to the church never mind being a pastor.
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
Prof is a good man and very humble. Unilag is lucky to have him

1 Like

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by domido(m): 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2017
My former area pastor...congratulations sir. he finally got it.
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by agabusta: 12:55pm On Oct 28, 2017
WaffenSS:

34 year old PhD is no big deal. Them plenty for Unilag.

I thought you wanted to share with us 34year old University President. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by bullbull: 12:59pm On Oct 28, 2017
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by Magjoel(m): 1:11pm On Oct 28, 2017
Congrats Prof. Ogundipe, may God be with you. I hope you will do better than the former
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by ArchiPelago1: 2:31pm On Oct 28, 2017
braine:

He has really achieved much. I was in his Department for my undergrad degree. He was like a mini god in Botany department.

Only Professor Olowokudejo is greater than him in the dept
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by planetzoom: 6:59pm On Oct 28, 2017
I Thought some people said RCCG was a business centre. Me i love this business centre that produced Nigerias vice president,now The VC of the best and most popular University in Nigeria and many other eminent personalities. i will have to join this business centre ASAP.
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by Youngeasy1: 7:02am On Oct 29, 2017
ArchiPelago1:

Only Professor Olowokudejo is greater than him in the dept

Professor Olowokudejo where, in Faculty of Science or Business Admin? I haven't come across that name in Faculty of Science but I do know one in Faculty of Business Admin
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by Keballl: 7:37am On Oct 29, 2017
Youngeasy1:

Professor Olowokudejo where, in Faculty of Science or Business Admin? I haven't come across that name in Faculty of Science but I do know one in Faculty of Business Admin

The Same Botany dept. as Prof. OGUNDIPE. He is a former Dean of Student affairs.

Na him be Baba.

1 Like

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by georjay(m): 7:01pm On Nov 02, 2017
Keballl:

The Same Botany dept. as Prof. OGUNDIPE. He is a former Dean of Student affairs.

Na him be Baba.

baba never retire?
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by georjay(m): 7:05pm On Nov 02, 2017
ArchiPelago1:

Adekunle.. Man that likes Fungi more than Oxygen

Thank God for adekunle that year o

Adongbede wanted to do me strong thing"
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by ArchiPelago1: 5:41am On Dec 15, 2017
Youngeasy1:

There is only one Professor Olowokudejo in Unilag, the one in Bus Admin is a Dr who happens to be his wife.. Prof Olowokudejo was DSA during the 2005 student riots where his house was razed down.

1 Like

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by ArchiPelago1: 5:43am On Dec 15, 2017
Keballl:

Na him be Baba.

Yea, Prof created the department.. it was formerly called Dept of Botany and Microbiology until Prof decided to secede.
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by ArchiPelago1: 5:44am On Dec 15, 2017
georjay:

baba never retire?

Baba still dey kampe oo.. He's an Agba Awo
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 14, 2020
Queenlovely:

Good morning. Please why did you conclude with "I pity the school?"

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB Introduces E-facility Android App / Photos: Yinka Ayefele’s Handsome Son Graduates From Howard University / ASUU: No TSA waiver for universities-FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.