Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. - Autos (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. (35074 Views)

Pls What Will Be Your Criteria For Buying A Used Car? / Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export / 2004 TOYOTA COROLLA SPORT For Sale Juwt 2months Used Car Still Smells Toks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by dcole73: 10:35pm On Jan 21, 2018
Mehn,
Dr Gazzuzz,
Na me this lecture help pass.
I go call u soon.
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by dcole73: 11:57pm On Jan 23, 2018
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by dcole73: 12:13am On Apr 13, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Next example

Toyota camry 2007-2009 V6.

Major issue to look out for Failing transmission

Cost of TOKs N550,000

Another popular example
Honda accord 2003-2007 V6

Major issue to look out for, Failing transmission.

Note the problems associated with transmission failure on most cars are easily avoidable if proper preventive maintenance is carried out and driving habits are normal.

On to the next 1....

Please what would be the cost of a replacement transmission for the Honda Accord 2003 - 2007 V6, mentioned above;?
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by teegurl02: 6:18pm On Apr 15, 2018
Thanks a lot Gazzuzz for this topic. I want to buy a naija used honda accord 2007 model and use for taxify. What is your advice. Thanks sir

1 Like

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by CarGuideNG: 9:34am On Sep 09, 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by opray: 11:10am On Sep 09, 2018
Thanks for this
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by Olumyyde(m): 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2018
Mr Gazzuzz, u said for certain cars electrical issues can be restored with ease because they contain very few electrical modules, sadly not every car is wired that way. Can u plz name the types of cars u're talking about? nice work.
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by CarGuidNG: 4:22am On Dec 21, 2018
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by enet1(m): 3:42pm On Feb 16, 2019
Goodpm bosses in the house,is there any peculiar challenges associated with Toyota RAV 4 1999 model? Is it advisable for a first timer to buy the car? How are the Engine, Transmission, suspension systems? Does it have electrical issues?
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by blessedroveno(m): 6:12pm On Mar 14, 2019
Hello Gazzuzz, this thread has been really instructive. Please can you DM me your personal number? I need to talk to you personally.
GAZZUZZ:
[qcolor=#990000]engines and sludge.

There have been times when I inspected vehicles, they ran well and engines were smooth, no smoke, no rattles, but sadly the engines were filled with a lot of sludge.

What is sludge.

Engine with sludge

Engine without sludge

When the vehicle you are about to buy has fans wired directly, thermostat removed, and owner uses 20W50. The chances are that engine is sludge filled.

To verify open oil refill cover, and with a flashlight peep into the valve cover area. If it is dark and greasy you know what you are getting into, so factor it into long term cost.

If it is clean, lucky you.

You can also judge from the oil dipstick, vehicle owners that do not pay attention to oil changes always have very dark stained dipsticks.

[/color]
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by Coolexty(m): 2:04pm On Mar 17, 2019
Oga Gazzuzz thanks very much for this insightful post. I really think you should run an online mechanic shop. Obviously you do give lots of people assistance online which I have personally benefited from. More power to your elbows and God will continue to expand your ministry. Gazzuzz I hail O!!

1 Like

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:36pm On Mar 17, 2019
Coolexty:
Oga Gazzuzz thanks very much for this insightful post. I really think you should run an online mechanic shop. Obviously you do give lots of people assistance online which I have personally benefited from. More power to your elbows and God will continue to expand your ministry. Gazzuzz I hail O!!

appreciated.
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by Bash26(m): 7:51pm On Apr 14, 2019
My 02 Avalon with 1mz vvti engine had oil pump issue . affected the crankshaft so i changed the crankshaft metals and main bearing plus the oil pump .the engine was put back . the problem now is the engine runs for lets say 30 secs and drops . if u on it again it will run so same period and drop am thinking is it mechanical or electrical maybe if the mechanic didn't plug something well because there's no security in the car . Help
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by ojkamson: 6:21pm On Apr 19, 2019
Good information
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:25pm On Apr 19, 2019
free information
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by xtianchris(m): 10:22pm On Apr 20, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
free information
Do you inspect cars for potential buyers
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by danberg: 9:37pm On Apr 22, 2019
Thanks for all the wonderful info you dish out here for free.
Please, where is your workshop located precisely? I have a Honda Pilot that really needs your professional touch.
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by Teresematt: 10:59pm On Apr 22, 2019
I intend buying a Nigeria used car. Can you help me inspect? The car has been repainted once. I would be glad if you can leave your number so I can call you sir. Mine is 07036847905. Thank you.
GAZZUZZ:
free information

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:08am On Apr 23, 2019
Teresematt:
I intend buying a Nigeria used car. Can you help me inspect? The car has been repainted once. I would be glad if you can leave your number so I can call you sir. Mine is 07036847905. Thank you.

cost is N20,000 per vehicle for 50km radius of here. https://maps.google.com/?cid=6875435925006525965 

I don't dabble into vehicle price or documentation.

2 Likes

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by emeths: 2:02pm On Sep 07, 2019
Very informative
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by Jimraz4: 9:23pm On Sep 25, 2019
Thumb up @Gazzuzz. Am planing towards my first car. I will be counting on you in helping me find a good car.
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by sapoyoro(m): 12:17am On Jan 14, 2020
nice
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by Henry1200(m): 4:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
Nice work Guzzzz, please I want to get a Toyota corolla 2008 for the purpose of ride-hailing (Bolt NG)...
Please I need your help and total guidance. Please I will be glad if I can contact you...
My number 09030169808 (WhatsApp enabled)
Or uchehenry1205@gmail.com
Thanks...
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by ClitRaider: 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2020
enet1:
Goodpm bosses in the house,is there any peculiar challenges associated with Toyota RAV 4 1999 model? Is it advisable for a first timer to buy the car? How are the Engine, Transmission, suspension systems? Does it have electrical issues?
Why on Earth with you buy car wey senior pikin?
How would you feel driving that shittt on the road?!
Na by force to drive car?!
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by ClitRaider: 3:50pm On Jun 09, 2020
teegurl02:
Thanks a lot Gazzuzz for this topic. I want to buy a naija used honda accord 2007 model and use for taxify. What is your advice. Thanks sir
The car make sense die.
I just got some bahd stickers from China for my own.
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by Kayharry(m): 2:15pm On Sep 15, 2020
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by Bigsunny01(m): 5:08pm On Sep 15, 2020
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by mvphenryeto5: 5:41pm On Nov 18, 2020
GAZZUZZ:
engines and sludge.

There have been times when I inspected vehicles, they ran well and engines were smooth, no smoke, no rattles, but sadly the engines were filled with a lot of sludge.

What is sludge.

Engine with sludge

Engine without sludge

When the vehicle you are about to buy has fans wired directly, thermostat removed, and owner uses 20W50. The chances are that engine is sludge filled.

To verify open oil refill cover, and with a flashlight peep into the valve cover area. If it is dark and greasy you know what you are getting into, so factor it into long term cost.

If it is clean, lucky you.

You can also judge from the oil dipstick, vehicle owners that do not pay attention to oil changes always have very dark stained dipsticks.

Are you saying that removed thermostat causes oil sludge?
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by Midex88(m): 6:11pm On Nov 18, 2020
Good thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rki Autos - ***Buying Cars From The USA Made Easy*** / Selling Your Car Is Easy With Carxus! / Turn your Car Rearview Mirror Into A Communication Center with our Handsfree Car Bluetooth Kit +MP3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.