Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,528 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? (23055 Views)

Atheists Scared Of Ghosts. / This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by MRAKBEE(m): 2:02pm On Oct 29, 2017
Daviddson:
2. The White House
Address: 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
City: Washington D.C.
After his 11-year-old son Willie died of typhoid fever in 1862, Abraham Lincoln is said to have suffered aural and/or visual hallucinations wandering the WH halls, and his wife Mary Todd held seances in an effort to speak to her dead son (only to be visited by Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson instead). After Lincoln's assassination, Ulysses S. Grant continued that tradition and believed that he had contacted the ghost of Willie. Theodore Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, and Jacqueline Kennedy (among others) claimed to have seen Abraham Lincoln's ghost, and most recently Michelle Obama reported being awoken in the middle of the night by strange sounds.
American author George Saunders wins the 2017 Man Booker prize with his horror novel..
Lincoln in the Bardor. Its a story based on the experience of Abraham Lincoln in the white house

1 Like

Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by GuntersChain(m): 2:02pm On Oct 29, 2017
my people perish for lack of knowledge. seek knowledge
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by afroxyz: 2:03pm On Oct 29, 2017
gentlechyke:
white man creates a phone and you video chat with your brother you call it technology but when your Grandmother in the village use a mirror to see you in the city you call it witchcraft. No value for african products. smiley

Must it always be grandmother? But you have a point

1 Like

Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by Daviddson(m): 2:04pm On Oct 29, 2017
OtemSapien:
And the ghosts were reported to them by who? Check, you'll discover that it's the Christians or Muslims or other religious people that are reporting the ghostly occurences. Actually, people who are dead live on, but they cannot appear physically in our own 3D world here. Anybody who reported ghosts must have seen or come in contact with them in dreams or lucid dreams and not in our physical world, or else the person was hallucinating. I have seen ghosts too, but in dreams and lucid dreams. They can't come into our physical world, else they are no more qualified to be called ghosts but human beings.
My point is not to validate the belief in ghost as many people understand them to be. Those ghosts are actually demons masquerading as dead people, but at least that is still SPIRITUAL.
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by OtemSapien: 2:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
Daviddson:
My point is not to validate the belief in ghost as many people understand them to be. Those ghosts are actually demons masquerading as dead people, but at least that is still SPIRITUAL.
It's a lie, there are no demons. Our ancestors are living on and if we see them in their worlds now, we call them ghosts not demons. You'll die someday and become a ghost too.
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by j1mmy: 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2017
Harrynight:
watch American movies, China, India and all this telemundus u will see them potraying witches, Wizard and Ghost parts,
if there is no witches there nor do they beliv am sure they can hardly acts

They are portrayed as myths and entertainments. These beliefs are dated and today the western world uses them for entertainment and mythical portrayals.

You have to have some commonsense to see it but most Africans are too illiterate to understand the concepts!

On nairaland for example you have to write to most Nigerians like you are educating kids and apes! Sorry!!!
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by ladensmith(m): 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2017
EWAagoyin:
There's a saying which states that: person wai never born before no go know how he dey feel to get pikin

Someone that's lucky not have encountered anything spiritual before will find it so easy to type and call people who believes in witches and spirit "backward, illiterate and so on..... Whenever I see them I just look at them like someone who ignorant of his/her environment.

If you think witches and ghosts doesn't exist go to osun river and kill a fish... The rest they say will be history.
There is something like witchcraft but your assertion about killing a fish in osun river is false.... i stay in Oshogbo, i did some naughty things when i was a kid.

1 Like

Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by afroxyz: 2:09pm On Oct 29, 2017
riyanxeally:
ur answer is below
salem
American horror story
supernatural
the originals
vampire diaries
teen wolf
anabelle creation
chucky n cult
Amityville
these are to mention but a few foreign based movies to let u know there are forces n they re real dark...

There are also good forcez
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by EWAagoyin(m): 2:09pm On Oct 29, 2017
ladensmith:

There is something like witchcraft but your assertion about killing a fish in osun river is false.... i stay in Oshogbo, i did some naughty things when i was a kid.
osun is a mother goddess she knew you were just a kid
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by olabrad: 2:09pm On Oct 29, 2017
Riko2:
but Africans carry am 4 dere head like gala tongue

Another show of annoying ignorance. Do you know about Halloween? It has its origin in demonism. You will just hide in the corner of your room and be judging what is happening globally. Or you think the world starts and ends on naira land?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by Daviddson(m): 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2017
OtemSapien:
It's a lie, there are no demons. Our ancestors are living on and if we see them in their worlds now, we call them ghosts not demons. You'll die someday and become a ghost too.
Have you been to that world before, and if yes, where's it located on this plane?
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by Edonojie007(m): 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2017
j1mmy:

I think you are confusing illiteracy and lack of commonsense with the definition of spirituality!
The same mistake many Africans make that led them to the current state of global laughing stock!
Meaning? The Same Problem.
Ask Question Before You Counter Anything U Dont Know. Thats One Spirit Of Learning Africans Lack.
Spiritual Scientist; These Are People In Which Their Field Of Study,is All About Spirituality E.G-
- Inward Personalities
- Inward Dimensions
- The Soul
- Destinies
- Demons And Spirits
- Sin Elements
- The Truth Of The Creator, His Origin, His God-head, His Angels, And His Tentacles( Men).
Spiritual Scientist Go On Spiritual Discovery,as They Travel Inward Journey In Their Spirit-man.
You Dont Know This One- This Is My Field,so Shaaarap!
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by OtemSapien: 2:11pm On Oct 29, 2017
Daviddson:
Have you been to that world before, and ifbyes, where's it located on this plane?
I've been there several times. It's not on this plane, not within the universe that is physical. I call it 'inner universe' or 'spiritual universe'.
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by talk2percy(m): 2:13pm On Oct 29, 2017
Ghosts do exists and the whites believes in its existence too. Even Jesus did, yeah...yeah his disciples were afraid seeing him walking on the river, he told them not to be afraid that he's not a ghost!!! I know some fanatics will quote me now and be cursing me while crying like I have insulted their religious believes and its founder.
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by Daviddson(m): 2:13pm On Oct 29, 2017
OtemSapien:
I've been there several times. It's not on this plane, not within the universe that is physical. I call it 'inner universe' or 'spiritual universe'.
You're no atheist then. Are you?
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by Smartei(m): 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2017
Watin concern me? came to read comments

It's [s]sMaRtEi[/s] on the keypad
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by OtemSapien: 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2017
Daviddson:
You're no atheist then. Are you?
I don't have any belief system I am following. I follow reality and my own experience.
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by sanpipita(m): 2:15pm On Oct 29, 2017
Westerners believe so but they haven't allowed it block their sensibility
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by PierreDeFermath(m): 2:15pm On Oct 29, 2017
kay29000:
Yeah, white people believe in ghosts and witches, but they don't believe one witch or the other in their village is doing them. When they fail, they take responsibility for the failure, they don't blame witches and wizards.
Pastors made Africans to start believing their misfortunes is due to an old person in the families. maybe they don't want people to grow old again

1 Like

Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by Les: 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2017
Kingstel:

Could you share yours so we learn.
I believe God allowed those things to happen because those things retained the God consciousness in me during my time of awakening. my dad used to be sickly for no just reason so he went to some ministers and pastors for prayers and prayers started. They saw what was it and they dealth with it through prayer, it was a spiritual attack though not from demons but evil men. Right in front of me, 21 pins came out from different parts of his body from nowhere shocked Charms where discovered, and they weren't planted physically because no one had access to our home then. Alot of stuff happened that I don't just talk about. I'm very good intellectually so a point in my life came when rationality and freethinking came knocking and I wanted to give in but I couldn't because of those experiences. It continued until God's grace finally found me. There's freedom in Jesus Christ, Yes I'm a born again Christian and I'm also a rational and a free to think. Thank you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by kay29000(m): 2:19pm On Oct 29, 2017
PierreDeFermath:
Pastors made Africans to start believing their misfortunes is due to an old person in the families. maybe they don't want people to grow old again

Lol!
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by possesscable(m): 2:20pm On Oct 29, 2017
gentlechyke:
white man creates a phone and you video chat with your brother you call it technology but when your Grandmother in the village use a mirror to see you in the city you call it witchcraft. No value for african products. smiley
nna ehn leave em,u can do video call with somebody thousands of miles away wet in be dat if no witchcraft
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by Daviddson(m): 2:22pm On Oct 29, 2017
OtemSapien:
I don't have any belief system I am following. I follow reality and my own experience.
OK, but you're no doubt a subscriber to faith by your own submission. Take care.
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by OtemSapien: 2:24pm On Oct 29, 2017
Daviddson:
OK, but you're no doubt a subscriber to faith by your own submission. Take care.
Which faith did I subscribe to?
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by B2mario(m): 2:26pm On Oct 29, 2017
If it's only Africa why does have English name?
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by KingSango(m): 2:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
The whole world believes in ghosts, spirits and all cultures have witchcraft practices.
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by j1mmy: 2:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
Edonojie007:

Meaning? The Same Problem.
Ask Question Before You Counter Anything U Dont Know. Thats One Spirit Of Learning Africans Lack.
Spiritual Scientist; These Are People In Which Their Field Of Study,is All About Spirituality E.G-
- Inward Personalities
- Inward Dimensions
- The Soul
- Destinies
- Demons And Spirits
- Sin Elements
- The Truth Of The Creator, His Origin, His God-head, His Angels, And His Tentacles( Men).
Spiritual Scientist Go On Spiritual Discovery,as They Travel Inward Journey In Their Spirit-man.
You Dont Know This One- This Is My Field,so Shaaarap!

No you sharap, monkey!
You are still confusing yourself!
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by Daviddson(m): 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2017
OtemSapien:
Which faith did I subscribe to?
It's OK, that could be for another day.
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by litaninja(m): 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2017
Of course they do.
What they DON'T so is allow that belief to dominate every aspect of their lives and fall backwards because of that...
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by NotComplaining: 2:29pm On Oct 29, 2017
j1mmy:
well...But Africans have almost monopolized it and as such all manner of commonsense fell by the wayside!

If you are comparing with Americans (for example)
You will not find 10% of Americans who think their jobs came from god or juju
You will not find 10% of Americans who think their illness was caused by their enemies (in-laws, ex wife, business partner...rubbish like that)
You will not find 10% of Americans who think people can fly at night
You will not find 10% of Americans who think electricity, children, cars and recovery from problems came from god or juju)
You will not find 10% of Americans who have uncountable children because they think god will feed them

Simple phenomenons like a new work, phone, paying the rent and fixing a car are attributed to god or juju rather than the person being educated and qualified for the job, able to drive to landlords house or the phone shop!
They then post online asking everyone to thank god or phoning the babalawo to congratulate him!

The list goes on, but you will find over 90% of Africans who are stupid enough to believe very basic level of idiocy!

Americans believe in all sorts but commonsense approach to life still outsmarts the level that many Africans are at today.

The African approach is more closer to apes mentality on the subjects than the current human ones practiced by other sections of global society!

Want to see a white man talk to God, let him catch a terminal illness.

Want to see a white man invoke demons, stand in his way of success.

Whites dont know voodoo but ask them about shaman or guru.

Whites dont go Mosques, Churches, they visit Indian temples, ask them about Hare Krishna and see their face light up.

Zodiac signs, arent they a for of reading the future??

Same things.
Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by Rajiolaade: 2:31pm On Oct 29, 2017
l once visited a town called Borculo in the Netherlands where evidence of witchcrafts & sorcery museums are kept.we were told that horrible black magic witches activities by the inhabitants made the govt.to promulgate laws that Carry death sentence against practitioners of those evil works, the town & the laws still stand till date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? by hanassholesolo: 2:34pm On Oct 29, 2017
Daviddson:
2. The White House
Address: 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
City: Washington D.C.
After his 11-year-old son Willie died of typhoid fever in 1862, Abraham Lincoln is said to have suffered aural and/or visual hallucinations wandering the WH halls, and his wife Mary Todd held seances in an effort to speak to her dead son (only to be visited by Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson instead). After Lincoln's assassination, Ulysses S. Grant continued that tradition and believed that he had contacted the ghost of Willie. Theodore Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, and Jacqueline Kennedy (among others) claimed to have seen Abraham Lincoln's ghost, and most recently Michelle Obama reported being awoken in the middle of the night by strange sounds.

OHHH SHIIIT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why You Should Avoid Sexual Immoralities On Campus / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? / How Virginity Can Qualify You For Special Favours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.