Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,461 members, 7,850,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:53 AM

- Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / (922 Views)

Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? / When We Follow God's Commands Is His Will Automatically Done In Our Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 28, 2017
Removed
Re: by squash47(m): 5:57pm On Oct 28, 2017
Follow ur brain and chase ur dream!

2 Likes

Re: by Oledia(m): 6:28pm On Oct 28, 2017
You are the one that decided to be confused. Neither the Bible nor your parents are forcing you. Your parents are humans and are the closer people to understand you. You just need to give them enough reasons in order to convince them. It may take some time and effort.
Re: by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 28, 2017
squash47:
Follow ur brain and chase ur dream!
I know but contrary to what is been written in Ephesians 6:1-3..,,, Is It a sin to disobey your parent after when they have made the wrong decisions for you?

1 Like

Re: by Lessonteacher(f): 6:57pm On Oct 28, 2017
THE BIBLE NEVER MISLEADS YOU EVENTUALLY; YOU HEART COULD MISLEAD YOU
Re: by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 28, 2017
Oledia:
You are the one that decided to be confused. Neither the Bible nor your parents are forcing you. Your parents are humans and are the closer people to understand you. You just need to give them enough reasons in order to convince them. It may take some time and effort.
What if you have that parent that won't just listen to you for once ?
Re: by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 28, 2017
Lessonteacher:
THE BIBLE NEVER MISLEADS YOU EVENTUALLY; YOU HEART COULD MISLEAD YOU
Casing point!
Is it that if your parent makes the wrong decision for you that may even render you helpless or useless tomorrow,, then i don't see any reason why you should follow what is been written in Ephesians 6:1-3 because at the end, is either you find yourself stranded or you may die premaritally as a result of too much or over hard labour.
Re: by adepeter2027(m): 7:38pm On Oct 28, 2017
Do not follow any but use your head (I mean your brain).
Re: by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2017
adepeter2027:
Do not follow any but use your head (I mean your brain).
As a Christain, I shouldn't follow is been written in the bible?
Re: by OtemSapien: 7:47pm On Oct 28, 2017
Follow your brain.
Re: by charismaticdave(m): 7:49pm On Oct 28, 2017
Follow your heart, they will not help you to study in the University
Re: by Daeylar(f): 7:55pm On Oct 28, 2017
Follow your heart but use your brain. Leave the bible out of this.

This part of your opening post really bothers me

Pridestorm:
As an aspirant, you aspire to be an Engineer, and you're very good at fixing and repairing spoilt items.., and all of a sudden, your parent decided that you should study engineering for medicine and at the other hand, you don't have any idea, not even a pinch partaining medical field(s) and your parent further stated that if you don't obey or follow their instructions, they won't be there for you either financially or otherwise.....
Contrary To What Is Been Written In Ephesians 6:1-3,,, Are We To Follow Our Heart Or What Is Been Written In The Bible Because I'm Totally Confused......

Can you take care of yourself and your education on your own? If yes then go for your dreams. Your parents have lived their life, they should allow you to live yours, after all you're the one that actually has to study either course.,
If no, well...
Re: by Zenithpeak(m): 7:58pm On Oct 28, 2017
Just make them understand that, they will be responsible for whatever outcome they got from you doing their own dream course.

Kindly do their course for them........

Jesus Christ said, if someone want to drag you to one mile journey, follow him to two...

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2017
Daeylar:

Can you take care of yourself and your education on your own? If yes then go for your dreams. Your parents have lived their life, they should allow you to live yours, after all you're the one that actually has to study either course.,
If no, well...
Got it!
But what if you're not exposed to certain aspect of life or maybe you're just the type of person that's always lonely or don't know any skill(s) that may benefit you tomorrow..,, what are you going to do?
Re: by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 28, 2017
Zenithpeak:
Just make them understand that, they will be responsible for whatever outcome they got from you doing their own dream course.

Kindly do their course for them........

Jesus Christ said, if someone want to drag you to one mile journey, follow him to two...
Thanks dude! cheesy
You made a valid point grin...!

1 Like

Re: by Daeylar(f): 8:11pm On Oct 28, 2017
Pridestorm:
Got it!
But what if you're not exposed to certain aspect of life or maybe you're just the type of person that's always lonely or don't know any skill(s) that may benefit you tomorrow..,, what are you going to do?

I don't understand, can you take care of yourself? I didn't get your answer to this.

As for your post, if you're lonely you can try to make good friends or just pursue your interests and find any one that shares the same interest with you to start up a friendship with, at least you can start from there. (But how is this related to your schooling issue though? This also goes for your skills question.)
Re: by Daeylar(f): 8:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
Op do you really need help or this a hypothetical question?
Re: by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 28, 2017
Daeylar:

If no, well...
You Might be right..,,,But you're swimming against the current.....
Re: by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 28, 2017
Daeylar:
Op do you really need help or this a hypothetical question?
Yea...
For Sure!
Re: by Daeylar(f): 8:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
Pridestorm:
Yea...
For Sure!

All right smiley
Re: by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 28, 2017
Daeylar:

All right smiley
But It Isn't all about Skills..,,,It's about the Bible
Re: by joshnes(m): 8:26pm On Oct 28, 2017
The scripture you quoted, the verse 1 says "obey your parents IN THE LORD". Your obedience to them as a christian should be tied to the Lord's will. And God will never force a man against his will so their forcing you to read what you don't want to read falls outside this scripture. To your question, you should pray to God to touch them and talk with them to see reasons with you. If you go ahead with their desire, you will probably regret it for the rest of your life. Pour out your heart to them and if they truly love you, they'll let you follow your passion.

(1) (Reply)

Treasures In Heaven / Interpretation Of Dreams And Vision / In Response To Reno Omokiri (ijebu-jebusite) - Proxillin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.