Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (180402 Views)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (71) (Go Down)

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Justbright(m): 11:28am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
sorry dude. It will take a Nigerian doing menial job in the US. twenty years to be able to complete a duplex. Unless they are involved in shady deals it is impossible. Even middle class Americans who make $57,000 annually cant save a thousand dollars monthly. When you get to America the hidden truth will ne revealed to you

Sidon there make pata Dey wear u... I av over a score of friends and colleagues who have not even spent half d year u mentioned and what Dey av built will daze u.. It's all about grace, priority and hard work... Stop giving unreliable and misguided figures and claims......ur accession is clearly biased and one sided

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by airsaylongcon: 11:32am On Oct 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Where did i say 1.2M is much?? Show me. By the way, that's for a senior level office not manager... grin Managers earn 1.8-2.0 and above...Find out you'll see

Still nothing compared to what unit or team leaders earn in the company I talked about
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 29, 2017
There are bank managers who can't boast of a house in lagos. While there are Nigerians overseas doing menial jobs who can boast of a house in lagos. It's all about their ability to manage their finances. Our brothers overseas are not as relaxed as we over here because they know why they left the shore in the first instance and the people looking upto them.

My two cents.

7 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Chivasex: 11:33am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
sorry dude. It will take a Nigerian doing menial job in the US. twenty years to be able to complete a duplex. Unless they are involved in shady deals it is impossible. Even middle class Americans who make $57,000 annually cant save a thousand dollars monthly. When you get to America the hidden truth will ne revealed to you

you are so 1000% wrong, it can never take even a year for some one in a America who is a professional to build a fucking house in that mother fucking country called Nigeria.

I know of so many people that built house when the dollar to Naira rate was over 400 last year/early this year.

So a middle class man that earns circa $60k can build a decent house in Nigeria within a year or two.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by histemple: 11:33am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
This is not Pidgin. I don't know such person but lots of people out there with same thoughts.

"This is not pidgin" Lol
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 11:34am On Oct 29, 2017
Young man thousands of doctors in Nigeria owned houses in Ikoyi and the rest. Most of their clinics built with money made in Nigeria. When it comes to success America don't have the monopoly. America doesn't give you any better opportunity than even Somalia. In Somalia they have billionaires too
bujebudanu1:

I have cousins that are doctors. nurses,engineers in the us that have lved for over 20 yrs.this guys are role models cos they have everything ad successful.houses investments in vgc.ikoyi.abuja.
in some company here in naija,they pay foreign degree holder in dollars sometimes more in naira.
u go dey naija dey form big boy with 80k.lmao wen ur mate they think of building castles with d menial job
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:

i smell heavy bitterness and anger in your writeup. all of it. anybody living in america and making 2k a month os better off than anyone in nigeria making 80k! (that is if he fends for only himself) take my word to the bank!

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by gregyboy(m): 11:35am On Oct 29, 2017
i dnt know all about other country's in the world but nigeria is bleeped up the hustle os real we save like mad i dont know how they do it who is earning 80k is still going build is house except he is not smart but in devlope world it can never happen because u dont own anytin u can lose anything at anytime so thats y saving is a big deal for them dey never see as a necessity to do so unlike in nigeria where inheritance is an advantage a niggi who has inherent a land can put a little hustle and erect a house

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by swagifted(m): 11:36am On Oct 29, 2017
my own 2 cents, in the US, prisons budget for washing machines and the electricity they consume(including maintenance) yearly for the prisoners, in nigeria even when you are living free...if you are not living above average income you cant afford that lifestyle.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by ernieboy(m): 11:36am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
Own stocks? Funny dude who hears a word a run with it. Owning stocks is tied most times to your 401k. Now leave here this minute and go do a research on what the average American has in 401k. Whenever you see my comments just move on or you end up being disgraced like others.
whao! so much bitterness, better check urself bro. I didn't know u were an insane bitter mofo I would not have responded to u.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by olawonder(m): 11:38am On Oct 29, 2017
My own take:
If a bank manager in Nigeria can save 30% of monthly income after paying all bills to fund (for example) a house project over a period of time, so can a menial hustler in the US! The difference (why the person in the US might not meet up) is that often that 30% savings might have to be sent home. If the banker in Nigeria also have responsibilities elsewhere, both will probably be in same level in comparison.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by richybanky(m): 11:38am On Oct 29, 2017
idu1:
I ll stay in nigeria if I have a job that can pay me 1.5m I'm a month.
Lols 1.5m for dis country Maybe if u know someone who is in power or highly connected to top top pple

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
Point out the lies and lets engage in an elderly manner

if you have not travelled to america or been to the states before, il kindly ask you to stfu!

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by erico2k2(m): 11:39am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
The funniest and most expensive joke I have heard from Nigerians doing menial jobs in the US. and earning between $1,500- $2,000, is claiming that they are richer than bank managers in Nigeria. I guess they make their money in America while spending it in Nigeria. This stupid joke need to stop. A Nigerian doing menial job in the US. at best can be compare to someone receiving 80,000 Monthly in Nigeria in purchasing power. A Nigerian doing odd jobs for 10 yrs will still be paying rent while a 10 yrs bank manager would have long built two to three houses with a lucrative investment. Nigerians in America need to stop converting currencies because it is clearly stated that if you earn $12,000 annually in America you are living in poverty
kai, See wetin VISA refusal turn people to.take heart, dem go soon re-open Visa lottery for Nigerians, try again ndoooooo

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by loswhite(m): 11:43am On Oct 29, 2017
Mille:

Same thing I have been telling people everytime but they don't agree. You can only do the conversion when the money gets home.

In Lyon currently, even earning €30k annual salary means you will live a basic life. Same as someone with a 80k salary in Nigeria. Earning under €20k means you are living under the poverty line. Not even with a tax rate of 30%.

Don't think about owning a car or raising a family with a €20k salary in Lyon. I'm sure it's either you are homeless or sharing a room with such a salary in Paris.

And yet, I see these same people flashing all over Facebook but people back home don't know.

so with 80k salary you can live a basic life in Nigeria...lol do u even knw the definition of what a basic life is?

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 29, 2017
It's so funny how people can be in Nigeria and be talking about life in the States.

Life here will treat you the way you live it. Personally I don't live on credit and I save more than $20k yearly from my salary alone and save extra from few investments. The only credit I have here is mortgage, I saved and bought my two cars cash.

I worked in Nigeria under FG for 1yr as level 8 and couldn't pay for one bag of cement but today, I have houses at home and I haven't been here for one million years.

A lot of Nigerians dont have papers to get a good job and that doesn't mean we are all suffering.

Most of us here earn well above $70k yearly aside doctors who earn hundreds. I'm basing the pay on California's pay rate though. Ask more question and I'll answer.

19 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by boringnigerian: 11:44am On Oct 29, 2017
Funny how living abroad is "so bad", yet everyone either wants to either go there or is proud to have someone there
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by airsaylongcon: 11:45am On Oct 29, 2017
remi1444:
what's the name of the company is it a Nigeria based firm? am inquisitive...lolx

Yup Nigerian based. Ruthlessly competitive
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by dreamworld: 11:47am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
Bro you are not correct, you can earn little in the states and live in poverty, but invest the little money in Nigeria where it has great value,
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by LuvU2: 11:48am On Oct 29, 2017
I agree with the Op, his points are more convincing embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by idu1(m): 11:54am On Oct 29, 2017
richybanky:

Lols 1.5m for dis country Maybe if u know someone who is in power or highly connected to top top pple
lol yea you are right.

American tend to makes everyone equal no much connection to secure good jobs. Just have the necessary skills and qualifications.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by LuvU2: 11:54am On Oct 29, 2017
Ezechinwa:

Why we love America, because it's a civilized place to live in, you don't see it citizens practicing JUNGLE JUSTICE, the basic amenities such as light, roads etc are available for the common man.
Do you know how ashamed I get seeing my POLICE collecting bribe in public?
or how AREA BOYS beat up people in public and nobody can stop them, everybody just looks.

Oh, why don't you compare a more useful thing such as the educational sector of both countries?

Even Nigerian companies will prefer to employ a USA undergraduate to a Unilag Professor, why because, since 1960 till date, where can you find the black man in the history of invention with our current educational system.

Graduates here cannot even produce anointing oil.

if money is your only criteria, well you are wrong, we all know ALL FINGERS ARE NOT EQUAL... so don't compare yourself with anybody but hustle and make it

You have a point but how has ur living in America helped Nigeria then? Does schooling in America turn u to an inventor, then we should boast of many by now, u don't think?

Anyway I dnt like topics like this cos they proffer no solution but more hopelessness for poor Nigerians

4 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by onyedika2015: 11:54am On Oct 29, 2017
All this one na good matter,infact it depends on individual, means life style,size of your family if u have one,i know two people in united state one with a job of less dan $40,000 anually and the other with a job $65,000 and both have interest of building in niger but the one of 40,000 have 2set of 3 bedroom but the one of 65,000 job still struggling with just one nd both are single men,so i believe it have to do with life style and interest, not everyone have interest to build in nigeria that's another tin

4 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by BlowJobs: 11:55am On Oct 29, 2017
You will be helping Nigeria to earn foreign exchange. Lets all take advantage of the opportunities the Internet presents to us.
This is the 21st century you don't have to go to America to earn American dollars $$. you can stay here in Nigeria and make it BIG

God Bless Nigeria!!...and America too (specifically Google grin grin)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3tRyD5LCN0&t=583s

Yes, you're right. however, i don't plan to be rich. i don't dream of being rich. i just want to be comfortable. good road, electricity, good standard of living. live a comfortable and fulfilled life. I just wanna be happy. is that too much to ask for?

If Nigeria is working for you, Please stay. It didn't work for me so i left.

15 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by richybanky(m): 11:56am On Oct 29, 2017
idu1:
lol yea you are right.

American tend to makes everyone equal no much connection to secure good jobs. Just have the necessary skills and qualifications.

I'm telling u and u will have access to good life not like Nigeria that d only pple enjoying d God forsaken country is the powerful pple

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Shikena(m): 11:56am On Oct 29, 2017
CaptainJeffry:
It's so funny how people can be in Nigeria and be talking about life in the States.

Life here will treat you the way you live it. Personally I don't live on credit and I save more than $20k yearly from my salary alone and save extra from few investments. The only credit I have here is mortgage, I saved and bought my two cars cash.

I worked in Nigeria under FG for 1yr as level 8 and couldn't pay for one bag of cement but today, I have houses at home and I haven't been here for one million years.

A lot of Nigerians dont have papers to get a good job and that doesn't mean we are all suffering.

Most of us here earn well above $70k yearly aside doctors who earn hundreds. I'm basing the pay on California's pay rate though. Ask more question and I'll answer.
Thank you. What I read here weak me patapata. $10k? Some Nigerians and their itk on what they have zero clue about cheesy
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by BlowJobs: 11:56am On Oct 29, 2017
Chascop:

alright bro.. na small small.. we'll surely get there.

I dey LA

That's the spirit bro. Told my finace. once my pali land, i dey go back to school. She's been very supportive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by dimejalex(m): 11:57am On Oct 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Do you know what the average bank manager earns atall?

Allow me educate you, seems like you don't..A Masters/PhD bank manager earns atleast 1.2 Million Per Month... You can't compare this with the yankee hustler..
guy u no get sense manager no dey collect that much US is not only the land of opportunity but also a good stepping stone so use ur brain
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by richybanky(m): 11:58am On Oct 29, 2017
shallysgirl:
My own is that only a stupid bank manager will leave his job in Nigeria to go to America to do menial /odd jobs. I think that's the line of argument.
Is it possible for a bank manager to leave his job and move to a country where he will be doing menial job? I think bank manager earns nothing less than a million monthly..
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 29, 2017
idu1:
Cowleg bro what are the various professional exams for medical laboratory scientist that want to relocate US?

You got to repeat schooling in the USA. Then get their license.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2017
Ok bro lets do the maths. You don't expect someone earning $75,000 to be squatting with a roommate. Such person is due for a two bedroom house or at least a one bedroom if he/she is not married. A standard one bedroom goes for $1,700 monthly in most areas in Chicago. That is over 20,000 on rent annually. Then you new model car note payments along with monthly insurance will cost you $700 which totals $8,400 annually. You are expected to pay over $200 monthly on premium health insurance which totals $2400 annually. Meanwhile before you start rejoicing, earning $75,000 means over $13,000 will be taken as federal tax, $4500 as social security, over $1,000 as medicare and another $3,000 as state tax meaning you are actually left with just $51,000 to spend for the year. I have not even gone into other major expenses, by the time I am through you will find out earning $75,000 or even $100,000 annually in America is nothing. You guys should learn from my posts and stip debating me. You are all rookies or people who really know what is happening but choose to lie or deceive themselves.
cooltola:
No be so. You can save money up to $10000 if you earn $75000 a year in the US. It is called managing and not going beyond your boundaries . Same things go for Nigerian who earn N250000 a month I happen to see both advantages and disadvantages of Nigeria and US. If there were good paying jobs in Nigeria, i can promise many Nigerians will come back home. For me i cannot manage on living on N60000 a month.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by idu1(m): 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2017
cowleg:

You got to repeat schooling in the USA. Then get their license.
repeat degree?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (71)

Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.