Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,360 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (180253 Views)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (71) (Go Down)

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 30, 2017
spartacus11:

Bad guy, u forget say na hustle all of us dey for naija
Really? you think so? i hope you are not depressed and poor like me.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by richybanky(m): 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2017
shallysgirl:
You haven't seen anything. People have been deceived, you will be shocked.
I know someone who left a great job and life in Nigeria and relocated with his family, now he is full of regrets. He can't return cause himself and wife resigned from jobs people are wishing for. Funny thing they are being fed now by relatives cause they aren't working though they are trying to get their documents. Great mistake, and he acknowledges it.
It is well smiley
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by dupyshoo: 4:53pm On Oct 30, 2017
It's obvious that you are spending that much because you live in London.

Come to Greater Manchester and you will be able to get a 3 bedroom house for less than £600
Monthly Electricity and Gas is £67 for a family of 3 with a toddler (Why do you pay that high for electricity?)
Monthly Megarider for buses less than £60 (though I drive)
Council tax - £115
Sky (Internet and TV) - £30
Groceries for my family - Average of £400 per month (How come you are spending the same amount for a family of 3)
Who rents fridge, microwave etc? Are you sure you are in the UK?
What are you dry-cleaning as a student?

Wonder why people stay in London when you can stay in Manchy and be earning much more than you are earning in London.

hodari:

Mr. man which UK? Is it not the same one that I'am staying?

Rent-£ 850 pcm
Internet (BT)-£30
Phone (EE) -£15
Tube (Oyster)-£161.84 monthly.
Renting fridge, microwave, washing machine & drier-£40
Utilities (SSE)-£150
Shopping-£400
Drycleaning-£30

That's a total of £1700 (almost 800,000 Naira!) And that's a very modest student lifestyle ooo, assuming you stay locked up in your crib with no enjoyment whatsoever.

To be honest, people are just managing in this fcukd up place.

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by dupyshoo: 4:55pm On Oct 30, 2017
I can't believe someone will be renting fridge and microwave. it is so strange!! You can easily get a new fridge for £100.

erico2k2:

Bro I think you are missing the point seriously,you are,you chose to live like that, you can live 70% less if you want to,i can give you the stat
on a second note, i just re-read your post, you claim you rent fridge?microwave and washing machine? are u for real?

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by erico2k2(m): 5:31pm On Oct 30, 2017
dupyshoo:
I can't believe someone will be renting fridge and microwave. it is so strange!! You can easily get a new fridge for £100.

He got that idea from watching toomuch American movie . He has never been to the weSt
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by mctowel01: 8:23pm On Oct 30, 2017
thebosstrevor:

This type of Nigerian just like getting free things they dont pay for or work for but complain that nigeria is bad when they dont even support the country they moved to

Medicare Levy in australia is a flat 2% tax on your net income if it exceeds $21,655, plus a surcharge of up to 1.5% if your income is over $90k

it is calculated by the salary you collect

if you pay nothing on medicare in Australia it means you are a foreign resident that dont have dependent, dont work and poor)

or you meet certain medical requirements.

Many Nigerians lie to get many things abroad,passport and document falsification,name and age fraud,some will claim oppression because they are gay when they are not,some will claim boko haram problems when they dont even live in the north etc,if they properly check their documents well and properly investigate,most will be deported.
You are just not making sense. What does liking free things have to do with me? Did I set the laws? You are just running around circles. Or are you saying 2% income for good healthcare is not worth it?

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by cupidhero(m): 8:59pm On Oct 30, 2017
Moety:
This one na serious matter ooo. Please if you have any relatives abroad try and assist then small. No be easy at all grin tongue
lmao...baba dey cry. This is serious and funny at the same time. I believe everybody's God ain't the same. our lives might be stories in the end but trust me it is a different story for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 30, 2017
Boyooosa:

What is the meaning of that?
Are they all into yahoo?
Don't water down the thread joor, koshi.
Am trying to get the fact and peeps here keep bringing it in, then, u come here to spew this myopically corrupt statement, abeg shift Jere.

You will not understand until the bank mafia your 1000$ .....and there's nothing you can do about it
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by justwise(m): 9:15pm On Oct 30, 2017
hodari:

My pad came with only a cooker fitted in and I don't cook anyways. undecided I had to rent or buy the rest of the equipment. Takeaway every night tends to raise the bills, not to mention grocery shopping and warm clothes as well. You know Richmond na. Anyway sha, you are implying that for one to live in the UK you must lower your standards, abi? Isn't that proving the OPs point?

This UK is hell on earth. After my masters I'll go back the next day after graduation. I'd rather move to saner African countries like Namibia, Botswana, South Africa, etc than stay in Onyiboland ever again.

I don't know if i should believe you.

You don't cook but at the same time you buy grocery? How exactly do you rent fridge, microwave and washing machine the UK?

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by noskcid(m): 10:13pm On Oct 30, 2017
spartacus11:

At bolded how any of dem even fresh? Abeg u look fresh more dan many of dem forget d bling bling wen dem dey wear come naija

Lol grin
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by blank(f): 10:29pm On Oct 30, 2017
justwise:

You don't cook but at the same time you buy grocery? How exactly do you rent fridge, microwave and washing machine the UK?

He is probably in student accommodation. Some of these new fangled student buildings offer stuff like that.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by hodari: 10:30pm On Oct 30, 2017
justwise:

You're still carrying this fridge matter for head like gala bah Wetin be your own, oga park well jor. And for the LAST time, why should I buy these stuff when it's cheaper to rent? I'm leaving here by August, 2018.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Boyooosa(m): 10:31pm On Oct 30, 2017
Justice96:

You will not understand until the bank mafia your 1000$ .....and there's nothing you can do about it
No banker can try that shiiit with me cos am not into illegit... Moreover, my assertion is not every bank manager is into that.
MW, the topic is absolutely different from your point.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by hodari: 10:35pm On Oct 30, 2017
dupyshoo:
It's obvious that you are spending that much because you live in London.

Come to Greater Manchester and you will be able to get a 3 bedroom house for less than £600
Monthly Electricity and Gas is £67 for a family of 3 with a toddler (Why do you pay that high for electricity?)
Monthly Megarider for buses less than £60 (though I drive)
Council tax - £115
Sky (Internet and TV) - £30
Groceries for my family - Average of £400 per month (How come you are spending the same amount for a family of 3)
Who rents fridge, microwave etc? Are you sure you are in the UK?
What are you dry-cleaning as a student?

Wonder why people stay in London when you can stay in Manchy and be earning much more than you are earning in London.

How will I commute from Manchester to attend KCL everyday? Chairman you don fall my hand ooo
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by justwise(m): 10:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
blank:

He is probably in student accommodation. Some of these new fangled student buildings offer stuff like that.

You will struggle to find any student accommodation in the UK where they rent fridge and microwave.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by justwise(m): 10:47pm On Oct 30, 2017
hodari:

You're still carrying this fridge matter for head like gala bah Wetin be your own, oga park well jor. And for the LAST time, why should I buy these stuff when it's cheaper to rent? I'm leaving here by August, 2018.

This is what happens when stories dosn't add up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by erico2k2(m): 10:49pm On Oct 30, 2017
blank:

Accommodation is accommodation, there is not difference.There is not specific house built for students, as Hostel houses everyone.I was o nce a student too.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by erico2k2(m): 10:51pm On Oct 30, 2017
justwise:

He is definitely not a student, and google could not provide him the answers,he lives in Zone6 aahah.Since U have been in this UK, have you ever heard of a Nigerian or a student at that renting white goods?
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by blank(f): 10:58pm On Oct 30, 2017
erico2k2:

Accommodation is accommodation, there is not difference. There is not specific house built for students, as Hostel houses everyone. I was o nce a student too.

The bolded is not true. Only say what you know.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by hodari: 11:00pm On Oct 30, 2017
justwise:

Wetin consign me sef. Weder you believe it or not that's your own wahala. By the way, I don travel today to a place called Steyning in West Sussex. In the heart of onyibo countryside where they breed Shetland horses. Old money. I'm sure you've never travelled to such a place. You're just managing Peckham and Lewisham small. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by blank(f): 11:05pm On Oct 30, 2017
justwise:

You will struggle to find any student accommodation in the UK where they rent fridge and microwave.

Probably. It's either furnished accommodation or unfurnished. Maybe added perks?
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by erico2k2(m): 11:06pm On Oct 30, 2017
blank:

You did not highlight my post o n there, which part did U say was not true?
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by blank(f): 11:08pm On Oct 30, 2017
erico2k2:

You did not highlight my post o n there, which part did U say was not true?

I have modified it.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by erico2k2(m): 11:08pm On Oct 30, 2017
blank:

Probably. It's either furnished accommodation or unfurnished. Maybe added perks?
Plz in all honesty, tell me howmany students u know who rent a full flat say one bedroom flat in London, where studio average £650 to £800
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by erico2k2(m): 11:12pm On Oct 30, 2017
blank:

Well Im waiting for you to post me links to houses built specifically for students,Plz do point me to one, FYI I lived in one of these few months here.http://www.lsevacations.co.uk/Home.aspx?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxsb-sa6Z1wIVFRIbCh0WxQ_QEAAYAyAAEgIIDvD_BwE
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by justwise(m): 11:28pm On Oct 30, 2017
hodari:

Wetin consign me sef. Weder you believe it or not that's your own wahala. By the way, I don travel today to a place called Steyning in West Sussex. In the heart of onyibo countryside where they breed Shetland horses. Old money. I'm sure you've never travelled to such a place. You're just managing Peckham and Lewisham small. grin grin

..yea neither do i rent fridge and microwave to avoid buying my own

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by justwise(m): 11:32pm On Oct 30, 2017
blank:

You really believed that this guy rented a pad at the cost of £800 plus a month with only cooker on it? A student accommodation?
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by blank(f): 11:39pm On Oct 30, 2017
erico2k2:

Well Im waiting for you to post me links to houses built specifically for students,Plz do point me to one, FYI I lived in one of these few months here.http://www.lsevacations.co.uk/Home.aspx?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxsb-sa6Z1wIVFRIbCh0WxQ_QEAAYAyAAEgIIDvD_BwE

http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/ouraccommodation/

https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/accommodation/

Should I go on? There are many student only accommodation. I guess there must be some miscommunication?
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by erico2k2(m): 11:44pm On Oct 30, 2017
blank:

http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/ouraccommodation/

https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/accommodation/

Should I go on? There are many student only accommodation. I guess there must be some miscommunication?
See where you missed the argument, what you posted is what I was talking about,student halls, its an ensuit room not a flat or a house.I was saying there is no house or flat built for student rather studnets have halls or Hostels.That guy up there is claiming he lives in a flat that came with just a cooker.In any of these halls you and I posted would any come without white goods?
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by blank(f): 11:44pm On Oct 30, 2017
justwise:

You really believed that this guy rented a pad at the cost of £800 plus a month with only cooker on it? A student accommodation?

Just giving him the benefit of doubt. Don't know about the price though.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by blank(f): 11:48pm On Oct 30, 2017
erico2k2:

See where you missed the argument, what you posted is what I was talking about,student halls, its an ensuit room not a flat or a house.I was saying there is no house or flat built for student rather studnets have halls or Hostels.That guy up there is claiming he lives in a flat that came with just a cooker.In any of these halls you and I posted would any come without white goods?

Ah. Sorry. I skipped some pages.

@ renter, Wehdon sir.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (71)

Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.