Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (180249 Views)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (71) (Go Down)

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 1:38am On Nov 01, 2017
thebosstrevor:

your story doesnt seems right,i feel you are lieing

you cant use department budget to fund a staff education,is that not fraud and stealing?,a staff going for further education(study leave) is either going on his own cash or if the staff is very valuable the company might decide to sponsor him and all processes are done in HR.

Something again you missed is that in Nigeria in Nigeria there 23 years old ceos collecting fat salaries,so what is your point?

I can't figure out why these people lie a lot, its a shame

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by salford1: 1:39am On Nov 01, 2017
dustydee:

For some MBA programs, age can be a disadvantage even though they don't mention it.
You are already limiting yourself bro. Don't do this to yourself. At 38 years of age, i assume you have some work experience that would be valuable to any mba class. I have a friend with an mba from said business school of the uni of oxford, he got into that school in his mid 30s. He got straight into AFDB before graduation. He would have still been stuck in his first bank job if he limited himself with pessimistic thoughts of non admission due to age.

The only challenge I see would be getting admissions due to competition from all over the world. These are mba programs that would 1000's of applications for maybe 50 seats.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 1:40am On Nov 01, 2017
MrFuckallday:
https://www.nairaland.com/4148311/mass-exit-doctors-looms-lagos
Nigeria ain't shii. Even medical doctors with years of experience are fed up and quitting. Fukk y'all saying otherwise on here

Ask those medical doctors to tell you how much they spent getting their qualification and how much their counterparts are spending to get theirs in the US

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 1:43am On Nov 01, 2017
salford1:

No one cares about your age in developed countries. Your age wont stop you from getting admissions or jobs.

Lies, they care about one's age in developed countries whereas no one cares in countries like Nigeria. You people LIE a lot

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by salford1: 1:49am On Nov 01, 2017
Pidgin2:

Lies, they care about one's age in developed countries whereas no one cares in countries like Nigeria. You people LIE a lot
Bring up one vacancy posting in the US where it states that you must be at a particular age range to apply.

I can bring you tons from Nigeria, especially those bank jobs.

If you cant bring me one vacancy from the US asking for age, then shut up.

6 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 1:56am On Nov 01, 2017
salford1:

Bring up one vacancy posting in the US or UK or Australia where it states that you must be at a particular age range to apply.

I can bring you tons from Nigeria, especially those bank jobs.

If you cant bring me one, then shut up.

The OP was asking if he can be admitted into school , in Nigeria there are no restrictions while abroad you won't be given a visa at 38 to study BSC even MSC in some schools. That said, there are sectors in Nigeria where old age is key, ask politicians and political appointees

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 1:58am On Nov 01, 2017
salford1:

Of course..the embassy. Read my message again..i said "Uni or employer".

Could you post a link from any university website to back up your admission denial to matured student?

In most cases...anyone in the late 20's is also classified as a matured student.

Even in Nigeria, a 3rd world country, universities dont deny admissions to old people. My uncle a former senior lecturer in botany returned to unilag and got his law degree at 55.

foreign University or employers wont mentioned your age to you but most times you will be disqualified because of your age
but you can get admitted into undergrad at 38 if you are a confident person who is passionate about your chosen degree but for jobs its very hard.lot of young guys with good experience are competing with you.

For MBA programme, your age is right but you need to have a lot experience for you to be considered for admission.

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by salford1: 1:59am On Nov 01, 2017
Pidgin2:

The OP was asking if he can be admitted into school , in Nigeria there are no restrictions while abroad you won't be given a visa at 38 to study BSC even MSC in some schools. That said, there are sectors in Nigeria where old age is key, ask politicians and political appointees
You did not read my original reply...did you?
I dont think the op mentioned anything about embassy too.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by salford1: 2:06am On Nov 01, 2017
Asper the embassy visa refusal raised..i dont know if age affects visa applications or not. I have come accross many old and young international students so I cant even say I have an idea on how embassies grants or refuse students visas. Applicants would be judged based on merits known to the visa officers.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by LaNiger(m): 2:17am On Nov 01, 2017
Thanks for your comments. I’m not here to argue with you. Here is my problem with us Nigerians, just because you’ve never experienced what I described does not make it a lie. Those who understand how department budgets are managed, know that you some latitude within your department’s budget or cost centers, as department head. America is a big country and not everyone works or lives in Silicon Valley. Most big companies have “location differential “ to account for the cost of living in certain areas. I only shared my story to say, that everyone’s story is different. Wishing you all the best.�

6 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by LaNiger(m): 2:30am On Nov 01, 2017
Thanks for your comments. I don’t want to be known, I’m not here to brag about my standard of living. Most wealthy Americans don’t brag about what they have and you may be living next to a millionaire and not know. Humility is virtue that i’ve learnt over the years. I was sharing my story to say that everyone’s experience is different and we all take different paths. Education is not the only key to success, there are many ways to be successful in life. The fundamental keys to success never change: humility, kindness, honesty, perseverance, self confidence and faith in God. BTW: I’m very involved in mentorship programs here in the USA and in Lagos. I don’t care for accolades or recognition. David became King not the traditional way, but because God had pre-ordained him as king. He had to overcome many obstacles to become king, he was not a perfect king either.

Wishing you all the best.

Pidgin2:

Can you please tell us what you have achieved with your $200K bonus so far and how have you contributed to Nigeria in any way or form? You are stating your success story with no logical backing. You cannot prove all you've stated as nobody here knows your real worth and none can attest to your claim especially as you are a stranger to Nigerians in Nigeria. Even in the US I'm sure you are not known so how do we verify your claim

I know a young man that buys cargo ship from UK yet he lives in Nigeria, he earns millions and there are many like him in Aspanda, trade fair, tincan, etc earning millions and travelling round the globe yet they do not have more than primary six education. That's the difference between Nigeria and US. Down here, you don't need to attend Harvard business school to make millions ask those into importing and exporting business.

Nigeria is a land of opportunities even without formal education one can make it, especially if you dedicate time to study how and what legit business men and women are doing. Can you make such money without education in the US?

8 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by LaNiger(m): 2:39am On Nov 01, 2017
Thanks for your comments. It’s never too late to do anything in life. You have to weigh the cost vs. the benefits of an MBA. What’s your end goal? There are Executive MBA programs out there that might work for you. The following schools have very reputable Exec MBA programs: Cornell, NYU, University of Pennsylvania etc. Someone commented about you getting a student visa, which the Executive MBA can help you with. An Executive MBA program is for older and more experienced applicants.

Good luck!!!!

dustydee:

Thanks for sharing your story. I am considering doing an MBA but at 38, do you think I am at a disadvantage? I am considering Oxford and Cambridge. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 3:14am On Nov 01, 2017
Sorry Little miss sunshine, those jobs don't belong to black people. America is a land of inequality.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/27/news/economy/racial-wealth-gap-blacks-whites/index.html

lindaayim:
Mr know it all. Nothing to say.....to you. stay blessed...https://jobs.ca.gov/CalHRPublic/Search/JobSearchResults.aspx#kw=Registered nurse

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Chapecoense(m): 3:17am On Nov 01, 2017
Stanleyelege:
I have read the debates here .

Nigeria is d fastest place to make money only if u indulge in sharp practices.
I was working with mtn prior my relocation to Australia. I am currently schooling and I save at least 3000dollars a month.
It took me 3.years of dedicated savings to gather 3million naira which I used as my first deposit.

I've spent only 6months in a Australia and I've saved over 12,000 dollars that is over 3milion naira. I have bought a rav4 jeep during this time, married an American citizen during this time, paid my tuition fee of 8000dollars during this time.
Saving $3k a month as a student... this one got me.

My dept at mtn was outsourced nd salary was adjusted to 48,000. This is less than what I earn a day working as a student. So how much do u expect such person to save from a salary of 48,000 naira
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 4:38am On Nov 01, 2017
LaNiger:
Thanks for your comments. I don’t want to be known, I’m not here to brag about my standard of living. Most wealthy Americans don’t brag about what they have and you may be living next to a millionaire and not know. Humility is virtue that i’ve learnt over the years. I was sharing my story to say that everyone’s experience is different and we all take different paths. Education is not the only key to success, there are many ways to be successful in life. The fundamental keys to success never change: humility, kindness, honesty, perseverance, self confidence and faith in God BTW: I’m very involved in mentorship programs here in the USA and in Lagos. I don’t care for accolades or recognition. David became King not the traditional way, but because God had pre-ordained him as king. He had to overcome many obstacles to become king, he was not a perfect king either.

Wishing you all the best.

Thanks for your response. However, no one can still prove your words as no actual backing to them. The highlited is key to success and I'm sure that you will agree with me; such qualities don't have boarder restrictions

All the best

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 4:41am On Nov 01, 2017
[quote author=Chapecoense post=61959367][/quote]

Why are you quoting lies? Why don't you people learn to read, you are quoting someone who was found to be a liar, learn to read we have so many lazy readers in this country

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by donmaxman: 5:55am On Nov 01, 2017
LaNiger:
Thanks for your comments. It’s never too late to do anything in life. You have to weigh the cost vs. the benefits of an MBA. What’s your end goal? There are Executive MBA programs out there that might work for you. The following schools have very reputable Exec MBA programs: Cornell, NYU, University of Pennsylvania etc. Someone commented about you getting a student visa, which the Executive MBA can help you with. An Executive MBA program is for older and more experienced applicants.

Good luck!!!!

. LaNiger God bless you for the inspirational example you gave us. Nigerians generally have a pull him down syndrome. You can never compare any western country to Nigeria.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Pasca07: 7:12am On Nov 01, 2017
timesup234:
The funniest and most expensive joke I have heard from Nigerians doing menial jobs in the US. and earning between $1,500- $2,000, is claiming that they are richer than bank managers in Nigeria. I guess they make their money in America while spending it in Nigeria. This stupid joke need to stop. A Nigerian doing menial job in the US. at best can be compare to someone receiving 80,000 Monthly in Nigeria in purchasing power. A Nigerian doing odd jobs for 10 yrs will still be paying rent while a 10 yrs bank manager would have long built two to three houses with a lucrative investment. Nigerians in America need to stop converting currencies because it is clearly stated that if you earn $12,000 annually in America you are living in poverty
you are only fooling yourself on this thread,answer this question what is the percentage of Nigerians in America that send money back home through western union or moneygram compare to Nigerians working in naija that send to US?

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 7:15am On Nov 01, 2017
donmaxman:
. LaNiger God bless you for the inspirational example you gave us. Nigerians generally have a pull him down syndrome. You can never compare any western country to Nigeria.
It is a global and human thing. Americans pull themselves down as well. No single continent has a unique case. It is called capitalism, me before you or me, me, me and not ours
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 7:21am On Nov 01, 2017
Pasca07:
you are only fooling yourself on this thread,answer this question what is the percentage of Nigerians in America that send money back home through western union or moneygram compare to Nigerians working in naija that send to US?
You are even a bigger fool. What is the percentage of Nigerian wasting money on worthless American college degrees , spending millions giving birth in US. hospitals, millions on accident cars those broke ass Nigerians in America cheat us in order to complete their monthly rent payment compare to the pocket change you send via Money Gram. Nigerians living in America are broke so deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 01, 2017
Pasca07:

When the govt enforced limits on cards why was there an outcry by many especially students abroad who relied solely on funds from their Nigerian links to survive, did anyone do the stats or maths on these category of people? Billions of dollars from Nigeria are lodged in American banks, many Nigerians pay thousands of $$$ to attend schools there, millions of Nigerians part with money for visas to US, Nigerians also pay millions of $$$ to receive treatment there, trust me Nigerians pump in more money into the US than the reverse but trust Americans to do stats where it involves their image as a God father, take note that America is more populated than us but millions of $$$ are received in America from Nigeria through the above channels

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by fiendishghoul: 7:36am On Nov 01, 2017
timesup234:
The funniest and most expensive joke I have heard from Nigerians doing menial jobs in the US. and earning between $1,500- $2,000, is claiming that they are richer than bank managers in Nigeria. I guess they make their money in America while spending it in Nigeria. This stupid joke need to stop. A Nigerian doing menial job in the US. at best can be compare to someone receiving 80,000 Monthly in Nigeria in purchasing power. A Nigerian doing odd jobs for 10 yrs will still be paying rent while a 10 yrs bank manager would have long built two to three houses with a lucrative investment. Nigerians in America need to stop converting currencies because it is clearly stated that if you earn $12,000 annually in America you are living in poverty

It's funny all you've said, never once did you compare the situation to Nigeria, even if America isn't heaven, it's definitely not the same with Nigeria, real life isn't what you read online...why don't u go to America yourself and compare the difference? After all you'll always be a Nigerian, you can easily go back to ur country if u don't like what u see. But I feel it's very myopic comparing a life of 80k in Benin city to Any city in America; plus if America is really hell like ur family members have been deceiving u why haven't they returned to Nigeria? How can u confidently post facts from ur bedroom when u haven't go out to really explore the world? America isn't perfect; Nigeria isn't either...stop deceiving people, stay wherever works for u

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by fiendishghoul: 7:40am On Nov 01, 2017
Pidgin2:

When the govt enforced limits on cards why was there an outcry by many especially students abroad who relied solely on funds from their Nigerian links to survive, did anyone do the stats or maths on these category of people? Billions of dollars from Nigeria are lodged in American banks, many Nigerians pay thousands of $$$ to attend schools there, millions of Nigerians part with money for visas to US, Nigerians also pay millions of $$$ to receive treatment there, trust me Nigerians pump in more money into the US than the reverse but trust Americans to do stats where it involves their image as a God father, take note that America is more populated than us but millions of $$$ are received in America from Nigeria through the above channels

Even you know in your heart when typing this that it's wrong, there isn't any basis for comparing Nigeria to America. I don't think Nigeria is completely lost, there are a lot of people still making it there, very true...but trying to compare the two countries is really misleading, I wonder how u sleep at night doing this to people who u clearly know don't know better
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by fiendishghoul: 7:47am On Nov 01, 2017
Pidgin2:

Can you please tell us what you have achieved with your $200K bonus so far and how have you contributed to Nigeria in any way or form? You are stating your success story with no logical backing. You cannot prove all you've stated as nobody here knows your real worth and none can attest to your claim especially as you are a stranger to Nigerians in Nigeria. Even in the US I'm sure you are not known so how do we verify your claim

I know a young man that buys cargo ship from UK yet he lives in Nigeria, he earns millions and there are many like him in Aspanda, trade fair, tincan, etc earning millions and travelling round the globe yet they do not have more than primary six education. That's the difference between Nigeria and US. Down here, you don't need to attend Harvard business school to make millions ask those into importing and exporting business.

Nigeria is a land of opportunities even without formal education one can make it, especially if you dedicate time to study how and what legit business men and women are doing. Can you make such money without education in the US?

You say this, but you don't talk about the millions of Nigerians who have failed without education...what's the success rate of uneducated Nigerians?? You're still addressing the problem from only one angle...not everyone will make it Nigeria, not every one will make it in America; why are you buttering things up?

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nadratan: 7:52am On Nov 01, 2017
I haven't been to America but I don't know in God's name why someone will be so mad and envious of that opportunity-laden country or other Developed European countries. For instance, I am a freelancer in Naija here and 80% of my income is from America. There is opportunity and hope in such countries. I do love Naija so much but I can't join the bandwagon of people claiming this country is a sane place to live. Do you even know the percentage of people that are suffering in this country? Do you know how many people that stop me on the road and ask for money everyday?

This issue is not even debatable at all. I am making a good money from my freelancing job, high enough to give me a good life in Naija. But do you know what, I am planning to leave this f*cked up county soon. I need to be in a stable environment and start planning for my unborn children... Moving to a place where I can make better use of my skills, make more money and live a good life.

As a freelancer, I am even scared of the police because they will mistaken you for a yahoo boy and victimise you. Its time to stop arguing blindly. I love Naija but I love my life more...

FYI: I am going on a vacation in the next couple of weeks from Money I earned while virtually living in America. I paid my travel expenses in just 2 days without even feeling it... tell me the percentage of legit working class Nigerians that can afford that??

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 7:53am On Nov 01, 2017
fiendishghoul:

You say this, but you don't talk about the millions of Nigerians who have failed without education...what's the success rate of uneducated Nigerians?? You're still addressing the problem from only one angle...not everyone will make it Nigeria, not every one will make it in America; why are you buttering things up?
Young man pack well. Success is not tied to education. Nothing gurantees success. Education in form of schooling even delays it. Just incase you dont know college educated Americans will need to keep working into their mid 70's in order to complete the debt circle they started in their 20's. Thats what will form the basis of my next post. You think you are debating a gala hawker? The figure is out there, go and do the research yourself. They will work almost into their 80's

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Pasca07: 7:54am On Nov 01, 2017
timesup234:
You are even a bigger fool. What is the percentage of Nigerian wasting money on worthless American college degrees , spending millions giving birth in US. hospitals, millions on accident cars those broke ass Nigerians in America cheat us in order to complete their monthly rent payment compare to the pocket change you send via Money Gram. Nigerians living in America are broke so deal with it.
you see how useless u are? U failed woefully to answer simple basic 2 question.did I asked you about the percentage of students that paid for America college degrees? No wonder you have been spewing thrash on this thread ...

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by fiendishghoul: 7:56am On Nov 01, 2017
Nadratan:
I haven't been to America but I don't know in God's name why someone will be so mad and envious of that opportunity-laden country or other Developed European countries. For instance, I am a freelancer in Naija here and 80% of my income is from America. There is opportunity and hope in such countries. I do love Naija so much but I can't join the bandwagon of people claiming this country is a sane place to live. Do you even know the percentage of people that are suffering in this country? Do you know how many people that stop me on the road and ask for money everyday?

This issue is not even debatable at all. I am making a good money from my freelancing job, high enough to give me a good life in Naija. But do you know what, I am planning to leave this bleeped up county soon. I need to be in a stable environment and start planning for my unborn children... Moving to a place where I can make better use of my skills, make more money and live a good life.

As a freelancer, I am even scared of the police because they will mistaken you for a yahoo boy and victimise you. Its time to stop arguing blindly. I love Naija but I love my life more...

FYI: I am going on a vacation in the next couple of weeks from Money I earned while virtually living in America. I paid my travel expenses in just 2 days without even feeling it... tell me the percentage of legit working class Nigerians that can afford that??

Exactly, America isn't all people hype it to be, but it's just absurd comparing the situation to Nigeria, like the country is some sort of paradise where people make millions easily without being educated like pidgin2 has been saying
Cuz a few people made it, doesn't mean everyone can or people should stop migrating, that's really myopic

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by fiendishghoul: 7:58am On Nov 01, 2017
timesup234:

Nigerians living in America are broke, yet no sources to back up ur claims, how many broke Nigerians do u know in America? Post links to facts, I want to see some numbers

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Pasca07: 7:59am On Nov 01, 2017
Pidgin2:

madam patriotic have you ever wonder why Nigeria travel to USA to study?pls tell me if you know
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 8:00am On Nov 01, 2017
Nadratan:

This issue is not even debatable at all. I am making a good money from my freelancing job, high enough to give me a good life in Naija. But do you know what, I am planning to leave this bleeped up county soon. I need to be in a stable environment and start planning for my unborn children... Moving to a place where I can make better use of my skills, make more money and live a good life.

Your post is for the brainwashed. There are more people suffering in America than Nigeria. America is a country filled with homeless and hopeless people. The net worth of Americans is tied to the value of their home they wont be able to afford till death. College educated Americans at the age of 35yrs are still living with their parents while the females sell their bodies to sugar daddies in europe in order to come up with the monthly $200 student loan debt. America infratructure is in a decaying state and illiteracy is rampant with very high suicide rate. The US. death rate is higher than that of Nigeria in figures, i can go on and on and on. America indeed is one overhyped shithole

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by fiendishghoul: 8:01am On Nov 01, 2017
timesup234:
Young man pack well. Success is not tied to education. Nothing gurantees success. Education in form of schooling even delays it. Just incase you dont know college educated Americans will need to keep working into their mid 70's in order to complete the debt circle they started in their 20's. Thats what will form the basis of my next post. You think you are debating a gala hawker? The figure is out there, go and do the research yourself. They will work almost into their 80's

You seem knowledgeable that's why I'm engaging you, I'm just curious why you don't add the number of the uneducated failures to your argument
If the educated ones work till they're 80, what do you think the average age of the uneducated will be?

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (71)

Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.