Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Will The Boy You Were Be Happy To Meet The Man You Are Today? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Will The Boy You Were Be Happy To Meet The Man You Are Today? (665 Views)

9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy / What Will The Child You Once Were Think Of The Adult You Are Today? / If Elections Are Today, Who Would You Vote? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will The Boy You Were Be Happy To Meet The Man You Are Today? by UbanmeUdie: 9:26pm On Oct 28, 2017
Life is beautiful and childhood definitely was a phase of life we all had. No child has ever been an adult before but there is no adulthood unless there is first a childhood.

Childhood is usually characterised with innocence, wishes and thoughts of unbelievable greatness, desires to see the moon and grow as tall as an iroko. Dreams of leadership and career choices being dramatized in behaviours resulting in passionate hailings from parents and friends, earning nicknames like Doctor, Engineer, Accountant, Governor, Senator, Lawyer, pastor, teacher, etc.

The world is always there to explore when moving from childhood to adulthood. Tragedies happen along the way. Many give up on their dreams simply because they lost a parent, others make wrong choices, some embrace the wrong circle of friends, yet others survived the storms and disasters of life to get into their dreams and make it a reality.

Many adults are truly proud of who they turned out to be today. However, there are so many out there who are ashamed of themselves and wish they could turn back the hands of time.

Time wasted is life wasted!

Are you proud of who and where you are today in life?
Do you think the boy you were yesterday will be proud to meet with the man you are today?

I am sure you still have a childhood picture of yourself somewhere, pull it out and take a close look at it with all honesty, do you really think the young man in that picture is proud of the way you are now?

Don't be embarrassed at yourself. Just think and try to discover where you missed it. No matter how long it is now that you have strayed from the path of greatness, know that discovery is the first step to recovery.

You can still make something out of life today, it is not too late to start afresh. It is better you die at the beginning of your race in the right lane than dying at the finish line of a race in the wrong lane.

Cheer up!

Cc:

Seun
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Re: Will The Boy You Were Be Happy To Meet The Man You Are Today? by Jbryte(m): 10:13pm On Oct 28, 2017
As a child, everyone aspire to become great but alas, few do achieve this feat owing to series of challenges from choosing suitable department be it Science, Art, Commercial at SS level. SSCE results, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB outcome favourable in time or otherwise.
Choosing a course when applying for admission in tertiary institution which may be granted or altered indiscriminately or even denied admission based on unidentified reason so to say.
As a graduate, you either get gainfully employed or be an entrepreneur. This is conditional
Conclusively, our government is not helping matters as there are little or no effort to emancipate the youth. May God help us achieve our dreams and aspirations by His Grace(Amen)

The first soul-lifting article I've read this week.

1 Like

Re: Will The Boy You Were Be Happy To Meet The Man You Are Today? by UbanmeUdie: 10:32pm On Oct 28, 2017
Jbryte:
As a child, everyone aspire to become great but alas, few do achieve this feat owing to series of challenges from choosing suitable department be it Science, Art, Commercial at SS level. SSCE results, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB outcome favourable in time or otherwise.
Choosing a course when applying for admission in tertiary institution which may be granted or altered indiscriminately or even denied admission based on unidentified reason so to say.
As a graduate, you either get gainfully employed or be an entrepreneur. This is conditional
Conclusively, our government is not helping matters as there are little or no effort to emancipate the youth. May God help us achieve our dreams and aspirations by His Grace(Amen)

The first soul-lifting article I've read this week.

I am glad you could relate with the article sir. Thanks for posting an intelligent comment.
God bless!
Re: Will The Boy You Were Be Happy To Meet The Man You Are Today? by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:46am On Dec 03, 2017
You should ask yourself this question first. Will the Child you were be happy to see you now becoming a low life sadist struggling hard to fit into the shoes of a revered joker called Nwaamaikpe? Answer this question with utmost sincerity then we could get this post rolling.

PonziHater

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will The Boy You Were Be Happy To Meet The Man You Are Today? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2017
Forget the childhood me, the me of 3 years ago will be ashamed to meet the now me. The inner me was totally destroyed in those 3 years.

(1) (Reply)

Loyal Staff And Lucky Winner Of Primehill Goes Home With Estate Plot Of Land / Breaking News:- The Great Don Wanny Of Omoku Has Been Killed / Nneka, The Undying Girl (sneak Peek)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.