Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,445 members, 7,826,711 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Do Americans Need God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Americans Need God? (1224 Views)

Do We Really Need God As Humans? / Six Important Reasons You Need God's Love. / A Big Chapter Of My Life Just Opened And I Really Need God’s Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Americans Need God? by selfemployed(m): 6:14am On Oct 29, 2017
I was talking with a friend who came back to Nigeria from USA, and he told me that while he was there, he does not pray. He learnt how to pray when he came to Nigeria.

He does not pray in the USA because everything is working fine. His needs are met.

You get a student loan when you wan to study
Medical services are excellent
Power supply is 247
Good roads
Every good thing you can think of. So he does not need to pray.

So I was wondering.. Is it God that made America good or the Americans

What can Nigerians learn from this with the way the call on God for every matter, yet they are not better off
Re: Do Americans Need God? by Bibors(m): 6:24am On Oct 29, 2017
Africans are overly superstitious people.
Sell atheism to them and they will still find a way to add superstition to it.
We refuse to work hard and plan because we believe I'd will do it.
Meanwhile, our bad leaders know it's them that make things happen and the continue to steal while encouraging us to pray.

Religion is for the soul and eternity
Thinking smart is for the now and future generation on earth

3 Likes

Re: Do Americans Need God? by Desyner: 6:26am On Oct 29, 2017
What a question! Yes. Everybody needs God.
Re: Do Americans Need God? by OgundeleT(m): 6:31am On Oct 29, 2017
not only american, the world generally don't need God

1 Like

Re: Do Americans Need God? by Samsimple(m): 6:35am On Oct 29, 2017
Hahahaha op every country have their own palava .. Our light no steady but its way better than hurricanes, wildfire and earthquakes. Every body needs God.. But Nigeria own form of christianity is out of this world
Re: Do Americans Need God? by divinehand2003(m): 6:54am On Oct 29, 2017
Nigerians are very irresponsible set of people. If they want anything that they can just stand up and pick by themselves, they would rather call on God to come from heaven and make it happen.

1 Like

Re: Do Americans Need God? by selfemployed(m): 7:07am On Oct 29, 2017
Samsimple:
Hahahaha op every country have their own palava .. Our light no steady but its way better than hurricanes, wildfire and earthquakes. Every body needs God.. But Nigeria own form of christianity is out of this world

Is God responsible for hurricanes, wildfire and earthquakes?

Yet, Americans have been able to manage the effects of the hurricanes and still make life good for themeselves.

1 Like

Re: Do Americans Need God? by Samsimple(m): 7:10am On Oct 29, 2017
selfemployed:

Is God responsible for hurricanes, wildfire and earthquakes?

Yet, Americans have been able to manage the effects of the hurricanes and still make life good for themeselves.
na because the thing no hit you na why, imagine hurricane come nija wipe only your family funny uuhh
Re: Do Americans Need God? by Hector09(m): 7:25am On Oct 29, 2017
Everybody need God, but here in Nigeria even when answering call we do pray befor we pick up the phone, even when ant bite us before we kill the ant, we pray
Re: Do Americans Need God? by An2elect2(f): 11:15am On Oct 29, 2017
The sad thing is that people who reason like the op are thought as wise by some.
Re: Do Americans Need God? by OtemSapien: 11:18am On Oct 29, 2017
Whether you pray or not, whatever will happen will happen.
Re: Do Americans Need God? by Danielalhassan66(m): 1:52pm On Oct 29, 2017
OtemSapien:
Whether you pray or not, whatever will happen will happen.
u funny ooh u mean Prayer are not infective any longer
Re: Do Americans Need God? by Danielalhassan66(m): 1:54pm On Oct 29, 2017
American have there own way of life which makes things easy for then but in Nigeria we think we long God but our heart are full of evil
Re: Do Americans Need God? by OtemSapien: 1:54pm On Oct 29, 2017
Danielalhassan66:
u funny ooh u mean Prayer are not infective any longer
When I was a prayer warrior, I was not successful, but when I rejected praying for the use of my brains, my hands and my legs to get things done, I became very very successful, healthwisely, mentally, academically, intellectually and psychological. Prayer is for the weak minds.

1 Like

Re: Do Americans Need God? by OtemSapien: 1:55pm On Oct 29, 2017
Danielalhassan66:
American have there own way of life which makes things easy for then but in Nigeria we think we long God but our heart are full of evil
Our hearts are not full of evil more than the Americans, rather, our minds are full of gullibility and low mentality.
Re: Do Americans Need God? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2017
OgundeleT:
not only american, the world generally don't need God

3John 1:2. "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth."

In all your affluence, good health and job, it's useless to gain all and still lose your soul to eternal condemnation... Without Jesus, your soul will be lost. But with Jesus you have everything . There's nothing to lose so don't let the devil use you..

It's God's desire that we all prosper and live in good health as our soul prospers.. This means the prosperity of the soul is as important as our physical status.. But the Salvation of the soul should be set above other things.
Re: Do Americans Need God? by mikeolu1: 2:29pm On Oct 29, 2017
When your drainage is full and mosquitoes invade and you have malaria, what do you do? Pray to God.
When all farm-friendly land is converted to church and hunger invade the land, what do you do? Pray to God
When roads are bad because we’ve embezzled money allocated to repairs, what do we do? Pray to God.
We need a hell lots of prayers to god than Americans

1 Like

Re: Do Americans Need God? by Danielalhassan66(m): 2:31pm On Oct 29, 2017
OtemSapien:
Our hearts are not full of evil more than the Americans, rather, our minds are full of gullibility and low mentality.
so bro u think nigeria is not successful because of their low mentality that might be true but do u think religion can make someone successful religion can take u anywhere think of country like China Indian the are one of the best countries in the world the dont even believe in God but the still progress

Re: Do Americans Need God? by OtemSapien: 2:34pm On Oct 29, 2017
Danielalhassan66:
so bro u think nigeria is not successful because of their low mentality that might be true but do u think religion can make someone successful religion can take u anywhere think of country like China Indian the are one of the best countries in the world the dont even believe in God but the still progress
Religion cannot make someone successful except if you become a pastorpreneur. Religion or belief in any form of god(s) doesn't add any dime to you. It even causes more harm than good.
Re: Do Americans Need God? by Danielalhassan66(m): 2:36pm On Oct 29, 2017
OtemSapien:
When I was a prayer warrior, I was not successful, but when I rejected praying for the use of my brains, my hands and my legs to get things done, I became very very successful, healthwisely, mentally, academically, intellectually and psychological. Prayer is for the weak minds.
do u believe this when two people endow in sex the become one and their soul tie together and bear the same bonding and course inthe spiritual rein
Re: Do Americans Need God? by OtemSapien: 2:38pm On Oct 29, 2017
Danielalhassan66:
do u believe this when two people endow in sex the become one and their soul tie together and bear the same bonding and course in the spiritual rein
I have nothing to say about this, but I wish it's like that for the purpose of oneness and togetherness. It's possible though, because all souls are even connected in the heads.
Re: Do Americans Need God? by Danielalhassan66(m): 2:51pm On Oct 29, 2017
OtemSapien:
I have nothing to say about this, but I wish it's like that for the purpose of oneness and togetherness. It's possible though, because all souls are even connected in the heads.
spirituality is the major problem of Nigeria
Re: Do Americans Need God? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 29, 2017
[s]
OtemSapien:
[/s]

As Christians that are spiritually filled, we need prayer to strengthen us in all ramifications . Behind every action, there's always a spirit that quickens or engineers it. If I'm lead to pray, it's the work of the Holy Spirit. I have to heed.

You claimed to be a prayer warrior yet you fell out of grace. When I see unbelievers using the phrase "I used to" I just shake my head n laugh . It shows how unfaithful you were in what you were doing... You let the devil use you because you lacked revelation of whom you serve. You served God in a customary way.. when you don't heed to the instructions of the LORD, you will grieve the spirit of God in u. ..

1 Samuel 15:11 "I am grieved that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the Lord all night."

We shouldnt grief the Holy Spirit(Ephesians 4:30)... we must Learn to heed to his instructions...

The devil had always tried to counterfeit the things of God even down to gifts...

Is it monetary success or achievements?, the devil will give u as long as you continue to remain faithless n commit evil against the lord. The Bible says all good gifts are from God. But people don't understand this verse.

The devil will counterfeit God's good gifts n package it to you. Whatever benefits you're enjoying now. If you're not in Christ, it's of the devil. Luke 11:13 n Mathew 7:11 talks about evil people in flesh that gives good gifts unto their children. But how much more God's gift if u ask ?

Luke 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit(good gift) to them that ask him?

Abraham was promised a son with Sarah but was tempted to lay with his servant to get a son.. He got the son but it wasn't God's good gifts to him.. The good gift God promised him was with Sarah... The beauty n glory of it all was that, the gift God gave Abraham turned out to be a generational gift in whose lineage birthed the MIGHTY GOD in flesh.. ....

Let us Christians learn to endure and wait on the Lord for his promises in our life to be fulfilled, as he's coming so we may not be found wanting on the last day... WE NEED GOD.
Re: Do Americans Need God? by OgundeleT(m): 2:54pm On Oct 29, 2017
Jacksonville:

3John 1:2. "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth."

In all your affluence, good health and job, it's useless to gain all and still lose your soul to eternal condemnation... Without Jesus, your soul will be lost. But with Jesus you have everything . There's nothing to lose so don't let the devil use you..

It's God's desire that we all prosper and live in good health as our soul prospers.. This means the prosperity of the soul is as important as our physical status.. But the Salvation of the soul should be set above other things.
how does reading from a book that was handed over to my father by their slave master prove Yahweh is useful? abeg leave that story. god is useless everywhere
Re: Do Americans Need God? by Danielalhassan66(m): 2:58pm On Oct 29, 2017
OtemSapien:
the major problem of Nigerians is spirituality
Re: Do Americans Need God? by Danielalhassan66(m): 2:59pm On Oct 29, 2017
OtemSapien:
the major problems of nigerians is spirituality
Re: Do Americans Need God? by Danielalhassan66(m): 3:03pm On Oct 29, 2017
OtemSapien:
Religion cannot make someone successful except if you become a pastorpreneur. Religion or belief in any form of god(s) doesn't add any dime to you. It even causes more harm than good.
religion Does not make some prosper but dont forget God can make someone prosper
the problem of Nigeria is spirituality
Re: Do Americans Need God? by Danielalhassan66(m): 3:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
Samsimple:

na because the thing no hit you na why, imagine hurricane come nija wipe only your family funny uuhh
even with those things happening there American is still better than Nigeria where a pastor building church from the the offering of the members and the members can't afford to pay the bills the have to send there children to a public school
what a world
Re: Do Americans Need God? by OtemSapien: 3:08pm On Oct 29, 2017
Danielalhassan66:
religion Does not make some prosper but dont forget God can someone prosper
the problem of Nigeria is spirituality
The problem of Nigeria is religion(spritualizing the physical occurences) not spirituality.
Re: Do Americans Need God? by OtemSapien: 3:15pm On Oct 29, 2017
Jacksonville:
[s][/s]

As Christians that are spiritually filled, we need prayer to strengthen us in all ramifications . Behind every action, there's always a spirit that quickens or engineers it. If I'm lead to pray, it's the work of the Holy Spirit. I have to heed.

You claimed to be a prayer warrior yet you fell out of grace. When I see unbelievers using the phrase "I used to" I just shake my head n laugh . It shows how unfaithful you were in what you were doing... You let the devil use you because you lacked revelation of whom you serve. You served God in a customary way.. when you don't heed to the instructions of the LORD, you will grieve the spirit of God in u. ..

1 Samuel 15:11 "I am grieved that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the Lord all night."

We shouldnt grief the Holy Spirit(Ephesians 4:30)... we must Learn to heed to his instructions...

The devil had always tried to counterfeit the things of God even down to gifts...

Is it monetary success or achievements?, the devil will give u as long as you continue to remain faithless n commit evil against the lord. The Bible says all good gifts are from God. But people don't understand this verse.

The devil will counterfeit God's good gifts n package it to you. Whatever benefits you're enjoying now. If you're not in Christ, it's of the devil. Luke 11:13 n Mathew 7:11 talks about evil people in flesh that gives good gifts unto their children. But how much more God's gift if u ask ?

Luke 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit(good gift) to them that ask him?

Abraham was promised a son with Sarah but was tempted to lay with his servant to get a son.. He got the son but it wasn't God's good gifts to him.. The good gift God promised him was with Sarah... The beauty n glory of it all was that, the gift God gave Abraham turned out to be a generational gift in whose lineage birthed the MIGHTY GOD in flesh.. ....

Let us Christians learn to endure and wait on the Lord for his promises in our life to be fulfilled, as he's coming so we may not be found wanting on the last day... WE NEED GOD.

I am GRACE personified, how come you're telling me that I fell out of GRACE?
I left the IMAGINARY FIGHT(Prayer warrioring) for the REAL FIGHT(psychophysical/psychospiritual) warrioring).
Re: Do Americans Need God? by Danielalhassan66(m): 3:18pm On Oct 29, 2017
OtemSapien:
The problem of Nigeria is religion(spritualizing the physical occurences) not spirituality.
i careless about religion only fools fight in the name of religion
spirituality make people to think differently and mislead other
Re: Do Americans Need God? by OtemSapien: 3:19pm On Oct 29, 2017
Danielalhassan66:
i careless about religion only fools fight in the name of religion
spirituality make people to think differently and mislead other
So true anyway, since it's even the spiritualists that are inventing religions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

OK / Update: Bishop Oyedepo Offered US Visa He Was Initially Denied / ENDTIME Timetable...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.