Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Do We Really Need God As Humans? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Really Need God As Humans? (485 Views)

Are We Capable Of Objective Perception As Humans? / As Humans, We're Programmed To Be "Logical" In Our Thinking. / Six Important Reasons You Need God's Love. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Really Need God As Humans? by Penwielder: 10:08am On Feb 04, 2023
There're so many people today that are following God only because of what they think they can get from Him. They tithe because they've been taught that that it is a money-doubling secret. They pray and fast and engage in all manner of spiritual exercises with the hope that that would make God notice them and bless them.

I hate to put cats among your pigeons, but if success as the world defines it is what you're indirectly following God for, you're doing the "wrongest" thing. It's better, much more easier to be successful in terms of gaining wealth and fame when you do it on your own than when you try to use God.

The holy scriptures tells us that after God had banished Cain from His presence for murdering his brother, he went out and built a city. Get this. He didn't just build a house or an estate; we were told he built an entire city. God cast him away, and yet he was able to accomplish such a mighty feat_he was able to birth and pioneer a city. That means there're so many things you can do without God. (Oh my God, did that shake some of your dear religious beliefs?)

Some of us don't realize the powers we have in ourselves; we don't know how much we can do if we're determined. And that's why we think we need God to be successful (please understand that the context of success here is material.) There're so many atheists, people who do not acknowledge the existence of God and who do not worship or pray to Him, who are proudly successful; they are owners of large empires, and the very people that fear and call upon the name of the Lord work under these men. So you see that serving God isn't a means of becoming successful. In fact, with God it's even more difficult, because God will make many demands of you. There're so many things He will ask you not to do, so many restrictions and limitations He will place on you.

So our service of God shouldn't be because we want Him to help us become successful according to the standards of men. Our service of God should be based on the fact that it is mandatory. That's the whole essence of our existence; that's why we were created. So serving God is all about fulfilling the purpose for which we have been created and not about using God to give us what we think we need.

I beseech you therefore to search your hearts and set your priorities right. Your need for God shouldn't be tied to what you can get from Him. Your need for Him should be founded on the ground that you were made for this sole purpose: to do His bidding. If you won't serve God genuinely, it'll be much better you go solo because you have more chances of succeeding that way. But be rest assured that all you can achieve outside and without God will only amount to nothing, and peace and fulfilment will elude you. You can indeed be successful without God, but you need God to find that peace that comes only by fulfilling purpose.

Rooting for you.
J. Ebute (Penwielder)

1 Like

Re: Do We Really Need God As Humans? by Penwielder: 10:13am On Feb 04, 2023
To get more value, follow me on WhatsApp:

https:///penwielder

And Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100045563449794
Re: Do We Really Need God As Humans? by Tboy222: 11:04am On Feb 04, 2023
Are you joking? Well if you don't need God then you have to give back all he gave to you and i sincerely believe you know the outcome.
Re: Do We Really Need God As Humans? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:03pm On Feb 04, 2023
Tboy222:
Are you joking? Well if you don't need God then you have to give back all he gave to you and i sincerely believe you know the outcome.

He has already been given and he accepted it, so he is already in great trouble either way as the parable of the talents has shown.
Re: Do We Really Need God As Humans? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:09pm On Feb 04, 2023
Penwielder:
There're so many people today that are following God only because of what they think they can get from Him...

Creations don't have a choice but to follow their maker.

Now our Maker, God gave us the choice of following Him or doing your own thing.

Therefore, the wise creations know that it is always better to follow their Maker. No phone or car or robot will survive if cut off from its maker. They shall all rust and wither.

And how many people have already been doing as they like and are they many who make it by your standards? No

A high 80% don't and the 20% real eyes too late that they are in a trap.

So you are very stupid and evil to be telling plants that they do not need their Farmer because some plants look like they are flourishing.

Thus, evil shall burn and consume you forever!
Re: Do We Really Need God As Humans? by Tboy222: 12:10pm On Feb 04, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

He has already been given and he accepted it, so he is already in great trouble either way as the parable of the talents has shown.

He owns your soul , your body, your life , yhe air you breathe, the food , air and water you consume, he owns your brain, and the whole universe, what exactly did you own and what exactly does God owes you.
Re: Do We Really Need God As Humans? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:27pm On Feb 04, 2023
You have answered the question but you only followed what was written in the Bible to give your answer just as a mathematician who gave the answer his teacher told him without knowing how to work out the solution in a practical sense!

We need God for just one thing: the PEACE that surpasses all understanding!

Paul told first century Christians in Philipi:

and the PEACE of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus Philippians 4:7

And through whom can anyone have this type of PEACE?

Jesus said:

I leave you peace; I give you my peace. I do not give it to you the way that the world gives it. Do not let your hearts be troubled nor let them shrink out of fear. John 14:27

Now listen to the sacred secret!

Right from the garden of Eden Satan has won the heart of majority of mankind he is their choice as ruler so it's his system of rule that majority of mankind prefer rather than God's system of rule. That's why the scriptures say Satan is the prince of the world {John 14:30} he offered Jesus a chance to rule the world with him {Luke 4:5-7} but Jesus rejected Satan's system of rule {John 6:15} that's why Paul could refer to Satan as the god of this world {2Corinthians 4:4} and John called Satan the evil one in whose hands the whole world lies! 1John 5:19

Anyone looking at politics for the solution to mankind's problems today can't have a rest of mind because disappointments will always come from all sides but whoever rely on what Jesus taught us about God's Kingdom will have a hope of a brighter future knowing fully well that Jesus has conquered {John 16:33} and that sooner he's coming to take over the kingdom (government) of this world! Daniel 2:44; Matthew 6:10

That is the only way to real PEACE, all those anticipating a better condition through politics will continue to experience grief! Luke 21:25

So if you want the real PEACE find the true Christians (Jehovah's Witnesses) today and let us teach you how we are always relaxed no matter what happens in the world under Satan's control! John 12:31

Re: Do We Really Need God As Humans? by orisa37: 6:43am On Feb 05, 2023
YES.
WITH SOLOMON AND JESUS CHRIST THE RIGHTEOUS, THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE , WE ALL NEED GOD.
Re: Do We Really Need God As Humans? by jaephoenix(m): 6:55am On Feb 05, 2023
Penwielder:
There're so many people today that are following God only because of what they think they can get from Him. They tithe because they've been taught that that it is a money-doubling secret. They pray and fast and engage in all manner of spiritual exercises with the hope that that would make God notice them and bless them.

I hate to put cats among your pigeons, but if success as the world defines it is what you're indirectly following God for, you're doing the "wrongest" thing. It's better, much more easier to be successful in terms of gaining wealth and fame when you do it on your own than when you try to use God.

The holy scriptures tells us that after God had banished Cain from His presence for murdering his brother, he went out and built a city. Get this. He didn't just build a house or an estate; we were told he built an entire city. God cast him away, and yet he was able to accomplish such a mighty feat_he was able to birth and pioneer a city. That means there're so many things you can do without God. (Oh my God, did that shake some of your dear religious beliefs?)

Some of us don't realize the powers we have in ourselves; we don't know how much we can do if we're determined. And that's why we think we need God to be successful (please understand that the context of success here is material.) There're so many atheists, people who do not acknowledge the existence of God and who do not worship or pray to Him, who are proudly successful; they are owners of large empires, and the very people that fear and call upon the name of the Lord work under these men. So you see that serving God isn't a means of becoming successful. In fact, with God it's even more difficult, because God will make many demands of you. There're so many things He will ask you not to do, so many restrictions and limitations He will place on you.

So our service of God shouldn't be because we want Him to help us become successful according to the standards of men. Our service of God should be based on the fact that it is mandatory. That's the whole essence of our existence; that's why we were created. So serving God is all about fulfilling the purpose for which we have been created and not about using God to give us what we think we need.

I beseech you therefore to search your hearts and set your priorities right. Your need for God shouldn't be tied to what you can get from Him. Your need for Him should be founded on the ground that you were made for this sole purpose: to do His bidding. If you won't serve God genuinely, it'll be much better you go solo because you have more chances of succeeding that way. But be rest assured that all you can achieve outside and without God will only amount to nothing, and peace and fulfilment will elude you. You can indeed be successful without God, but you need God to find that peace that comes only by fulfilling purpose.

Rooting for you.
J. Ebute (Penwielder)
So what's the use of 'god'?

1 Like

Re: Do We Really Need God As Humans? by jaephoenix(m): 6:56am On Feb 05, 2023
Tboy222:

He owns your soul , your body, your life , yhe air you breathe, the food , air and water you consume, he owns your brain, and the whole universe, what exactly did you own and what exactly does God owes you.
No, Allah owns them
Re: Do We Really Need God As Humans? by jaephoenix(m): 6:57am On Feb 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
You have answered the question but you only followed what was written in the Bible to give your answer just as a mathematician who gave the answer his teacher told him without knowing how to work out the solution in a practical sense!

We need God for just one thing: the PEACE that surpasses all understanding!

Paul told first century Christians in Philipi:

and the PEACE of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus Philippians 4:7

And through whom can anyone have this type of PEACE?

Jesus said:

I leave you peace; I give you my peace. I do not give it to you the way that the world gives it. Do not let your hearts be troubled nor let them shrink out of fear. John 14:27

Now listen to the sacred secret!

Right from the garden of Eden Satan has won the heart of majority of mankind he is their choice as ruler so it's his system of rule that majority of mankind prefer rather than God's system of rule. That's why the scriptures say Satan is the prince of the world {John 14:30} he offered Jesus a chance to rule the world with him {Luke 4:5-7} but Jesus rejected Satan's system of rule {John 6:15} that's why Paul could refer to Satan as the god of this world {2Corinthians 4:4} and John called Satan the evil one in whose hands the whole world lies! 1John 5:19

Anyone looking at politics for the solution to mankind's problems today can't have a rest of mind because disappointments will always come from all sides but whoever rely on what Jesus taught us about God's Kingdom will have a hope of a brighter future knowing fully well that Jesus has conquered {John 16:33} and that sooner he's coming to take over the kingdom (government) of this world! Daniel 2:44; Matthew 6:10

That is the only way to real PEACE, all those anticipating a better condition through politics will continue to experience grief! Luke 21:25

So if you want the real PEACE find the true Christians (Jehovah's Witnesses) today and let us teach you how we are always relaxed no matter what happens in the world under Satan's control! John 12:31
How many kids have you molested this year
Re: Do We Really Need God As Humans? by jaephoenix(m): 6:57am On Feb 05, 2023
orisa37:
YES.
WITH SOLOMON AND JESUS CHRIST THE RIGHTEOUS, THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE , WE ALL NEED GOD.
What do you need god for exactly?

1 Like

Re: Do We Really Need God As Humans? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:26pm On Feb 05, 2023
jaephoenix:

How many kids have you molested this year

Now my responses have rendered you so dumb to the extent your brains only think of blackmailing anyone having faith in God. undecided

Re: Do We Really Need God As Humans? by jaephoenix(m): 3:10pm On Feb 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Now my responses have rendered you so dumb to the extent your brains only think of blackmailing anyone having faith in God. undecided
Its a question. Just answer it
Re: Do We Really Need God As Humans? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:07pm On Feb 05, 2023
jaephoenix:

Its a question. Just answer it
Go and ask your stupid father such a stupid question because it's not by force you have faith in God and it's not by force people become atheist like you! smiley

Re: Do We Really Need God As Humans? by xproducer: 5:32pm On Feb 05, 2023
... The holy scriptures tells us that after God had banished Cain from His presence for murdering his brother, he went out and built a city. Get this. He didn't just build a house or an estate; we were told he built an entire city. God cast him away, and yet he was able to accomplish such a mighty feat_he was able to birth and pioneer a city. That means there're so many things you can do without God. (Oh my God, did that shake some of your dear religious beliefs?)...

++++++++

Is this not an uninformed, incorrect position?? Do you not know that it is by the mercy of GOD that anyone even draws breath, let alone is saved from judgment for sin / the second death?? Have you heard of the example of Nebuchadnezzar who thought he accomplished all that he did by himself??

"O thou king, the most high God gave Nebuchadnezzar thy father a kingdom, and majesty, and glory, and honour: And for the majesty that he gave him, all people, nations, and languages, trembled and feared before him: whom he would he slew; and whom he would he kept alive; and whom he would he set up; and whom he would he put down. But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride, he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him" -

"And he was driven from the sons of men; and his heart was made like the beasts, and his dwelling was with the wild asses: they fed him with grass like oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven; till he knew that the most high God ruled in the kingdom of men, and that he appointeth over it whomsoever he will. And thou his son, O Belshazzar, hast not humbled thine heart, though thou knewest all this; But hast lifted up thyself against the Lord of heaven; and they have brought the vessels of his house before thee, and thou, and thy lords, thy wives, and thy concubines, have drunk wine in them; and thou hast praised the gods of silver, and gold, of brass, iron, wood, and stone, which see not, nor hear, nor know: and the God in whose hand thy breath is, and whose are all thy ways, hast thou not glorified" - Daniel 5:18-23

____

"Then He spoke a parable to them, saying: The ground of a certain rich man yielded plentifully. And he thought within himself, saying, ‘What shall I do, since I have no room to store my crops?’ So he said, ‘I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build greater, and there I will store all my crops and my goods. And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, and be merry.” But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided? So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.” - Luke 12:16-21
Re: Do We Really Need God As Humans? by jaephoenix(m): 6:24pm On Feb 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Go and ask your stupid father such a stupid question because it's not by force you have faith in God and it's not by force people become atheist like you! smiley
Since your generation of mol3sters came and your LovePeddler mother was rap@d, how many times did you molest your bastard sisters? Just answer
Re: Do We Really Need God As Humans? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:49pm On Feb 05, 2023
jaephoenix:

Since your generation of mol3sters came and your LovePeddler mother was rap@d, how many times did you molest your bastard sisters? Just answer
Go and ask your insane father such stupid question nobody is forcing you to believe in God! smiley
Re: Do We Really Need God As Humans? by Penwielder: 11:41am On Feb 06, 2023
So you are very stupid and evil to be telling plants that they do not need their Farmer because some plants look like they are flourishing.

Thus, evil shall burn and consume you forever!

[/quote]

You didn't understand my post. Please read again and get my point. I wasn't fighting the worship of God. What I'm saying is we don't need to follow God to be successful; we need to follow God because it's mandatory

(1) (Reply)

Meet Nigerian Digital Preacher Who Earns N3m Daily Praying On Youtube / Meanings Of Left-right Eye Twitching Male/female In Astrology World / Prayer Request.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.