Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven (1156 Views)

Meet TB Joshua’s Wife, His Daughter Who Is A Lawyer And His Son (+PHOTOS) / Corona Virus :20 People Makes Heaven In Nigeria / Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven by jodababa(m): 8:09am On Oct 29, 2017
I sat down today thinking of the best and fulfilling professions in Nigeria, one of the idea that came to me is Lawyer.
Obtaining a degree in law will take up to 6years to before it can be achieved.
I reasoned and come to conclusion that being a lawyer entails being an educated liar.
Since lying is part of the profession, I'm now asking, Do u think lawyers will make heaven
Re: Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven by Oye0404(m): 8:18am On Oct 29, 2017
Can a liar make heaven
Re: Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven by adepeter2027(m): 8:22am On Oct 29, 2017
What is heaven?
Where is heaven?
Transport fare to heaven cost how much?
Re: Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven by adepeter2027(m): 8:22am On Oct 29, 2017
Mr op, don't let heaven determine your future cos even Adeboye and Oyedepo don't give a sh!t about there, and that's why you see them lavishing the money of people(congregation), deceiving the sheeples
Re: Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven by jodababa(m): 8:23am On Oct 29, 2017
Oye0404:
Can a liar make heaven
No..because the Bible says For the wages of sin is death
Re: Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven by hopefulLandlord: 8:25am On Oct 29, 2017
interesting question
Re: Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven by jodababa(m): 8:27am On Oct 29, 2017
adepeter2027:
What is heaven?
Where is heaven?
Heaven is real. It's where God the creator reside The transport fare to heaven is Jesus Christ The cost is Salvation

2 Likes

Re: Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven by Remijuice: 8:28am On Oct 29, 2017
RIP English
Re: Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven by adepeter2027(m): 8:28am On Oct 29, 2017
jodababa:
Which is a product of God's masterplan
Re: Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven by jodababa(m): 8:28am On Oct 29, 2017
adepeter2027:
What is heaven?
Where is heaven?
Heaven is real. It's where God the creator reside The transport fare to heaven is Jesus Christ The cost is Salvation
Re: Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven by Makaveli08: 8:30am On Oct 29, 2017
grin be an honest lawyer. Not sure how successful you be though.
Re: Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven by Oye0404(m): 8:34am On Oct 29, 2017
jodababa:
I think that answers it.
Re: Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven by adepeter2027(m): 8:35am On Oct 29, 2017
jodababa:

Heaven is real.

Good answer. But remember extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and whatever can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Can you provide Evidence that heaven is real?
Can you describe heaven?
Do you know anybody or anyone who has been to heaven?
It's where God the creator reside

Which of the god resides here?
Do you mean to say Panku or Allah or Yahweh or vishnu, Zeus, Ra, Osiris, Amadioha,Krishna? Which of these gods?
[s]The transport fare to heaven is Jesus Christ
The cost is Salvation[/s]
Not needed
Re: Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven by hopefulLandlord: 8:40am On Oct 29, 2017
Makaveli08:
grin be an honest lawyer. Not sure how successful you be though.

a honest lawyer is a useless one
Re: Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven by timifizzy(m): 8:44am On Oct 29, 2017
In as much as this grammatical blunder is inexcusable, I want the OP to make good use of the functioning part of his brain by telling us

1(a) why he thinks lawyers wont make "heaven" in his context.

1(b) proceed to evaluate which of those reasons is not applicable to any other profession.

You see, the concept of this heaven is best treated personal. Your typical heaven might be different from the heaven I have conceptualized in my mind. So, please take this supposed problem question down as it is dead on arrival.

You can also answer these questions to open your mind.
2.(a) What do you do ?
2.(b) And tell us why you think you are sure of making heaven based on what you do.
2. (C) Juxtapose your answers in a and b above and weigh it side by side with your initial question. Don't you think you should be busy thinking out ways for you to make the supposed heaven?

3. Will your initial question be different if you are opportuned to be a lawyer?

N:B. If you think lawyers makes their living through lies and baseless claims, I bet you're only envious of a success you can't understand nor explain. The life of a real lawyer is too responsible to his cause than mar a good name with petty lies. Dig further and You'll understand more.
Re: Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven by adepeter2027(m): 8:52am On Oct 29, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

a honest lawyer is a useless one
Blood of lucifer
Re: Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven by eodavids(m): 8:57am On Oct 29, 2017
jodababa:
I wish to apply for a law program but due to the nature of the work ,I. e you need to lie before you win a case,
I decided to give it a rethink.
My question now is that, will any of these lawyers make heaven as the Bible says "all lier shall go to hell "

Lawyers aren't liars.

I can educate you if you are interested
Re: Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:28pm On Oct 29, 2017
eodavids:

Lawyers aren't liars.

I can educate you if you are interested

Kindly educate me
Re: Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven by eodavids(m): 9:21am On Oct 30, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Kindly educate me

@proudlyngwa, thank you.

The primary duty of the lawyer is to guide the court/Judge in arriving at the appropriate interpretation of a relevant law.

Now, know it, "the law is an ass" as popularly known, and as such; where a fact in issue arises, the lawyer on this side argues the matter to suit his client's interest. The other lawyer on the apposing side does same.

Now, you must know that the Judge/court serves as an umpire who listens to both parties and receives evidence from both sides.

"He who asserts must prove" is another popular maxim and is to the effect that any allegations brought before a court must be proven, or else will be deemed a lie.

Remember also that our constitution, in section 36 provides for presumption of innocence in favour of any person accused of a crime-unless the party making such allegations succeed in proven it before the court.

What am I saying in essence?

Know it that Lawyers don't just lie before a court and win a case whether on the side of prosecution/plaintiff or on the side of defendant/respondent. What they do is to argue the matter before the court in the interest of their clients.

THE BIG PICTURE: MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN WRONGLY ACCUSED AS WELL AS MANY HAVING BEEN FRAMED UP AND THEY APPEAR GUILTY AND IRREDEEMABLE ON THE SURFACE, BUT ON THE PROCESS OF PROSECUTION/LITIGATION, THE MATTER WILL FAIL TO BE PROVEN AGAINST SUCH ACCUSED.

The law is there to protect the innocent while punitive measures are provided against the offender guilty party. However, where an allegation could not be proven against the accused, it means one of the following:

1. THE ACCUSED IS INNOCENT. or

2. THE PROSECUTING COUNSEL IS INCOMPETENT.

Please, it is a hasty/sweepy statement to say lawyers are liars.

On going to Heaven: LAWYERS WILL GO TO HEAVEN IN THEIR HOARD, BECAUSE, BASICALLY THE LAWYER IS A HUMANITARIAN WORKER WHO DEFENDS THE INNOCENT AGAINST THE BIG AND MIGHTY AND GUILTY OPPRESSOR.

DON'T MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THE LAWYERS ONLY DEFENDS THE CRIMINALS. THEY DEFENDS THE INNOCENT AND OPPRESSED MORE.

BLESS YOU

1 Like

Re: Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven by Cyynthialove(f): 9:42am On Oct 30, 2017
Good lawyers can make Heaven
Re: Can A Lawyer Makes Heaven by Therie(f): 12:53am On Nov 17, 2020
[11/17, 00:06] Therie Margaret: Luke 11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.
[11/17, 00:06] Therie Margaret: Luke 11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers. 11:47 Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them.
[11/17, 00:07] Therie Margaret: Luke 11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers. 11:47 Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them. 11:48 Truly ye bear witness that ye allow the deeds of your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and ye build their sepulchres.
[11/17, 00:08] Therie Margaret: Luke 11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers. 11:47 Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them. 11:48 Truly ye bear witness that ye allow the deeds of your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and ye build their sepulchres. 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.
[11/17, 00:09] Therie Margaret: Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.
[11/17, 00:17] Therie Margaret: (asked by a lawyer,)

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and whatever can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Can you provide Evidence that heaven is real?
Can you describe heaven?
Do you know anybody or anyone who has been to heaven?

***The law courts do not permit faith as evidence neither does it esteem God but rather 'evidence' is their master, their idol the blind woman carrying scales that weigh balances***
[11/17, 00:26] Therie Margaret: 1 Corinthians 6:1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? 6:4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. 6:5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? 6:6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers. 6:7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?
[11/17, 00:31] Therie Margaret: Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
[11/17, 00:35] Therie Margaret: Matthew 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. 18:21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? 18:22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
[11/17, 00:40] Therie Margaret: Matthew 5:33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths: 5:34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne: 5:35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King. 5:36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black. 5:37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Chris Okafor Blesses Follower With N73M Duplex In Magodo, Lagos (PICS) / Racist Catholic Statue Of White Angel Subduing A Black Devil In Ghana / The Most Powerful Spiritual Man In Yoruba Land Nigeria Ogun State Ijebu Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.