Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,652 members, 7,851,234 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:31 PM

Who Are The Modern Day Babalawos In Africa Today? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are The Modern Day Babalawos In Africa Today? (407 Views)

My True Life Encounter With Nairalanders Who Are Witches, Wizards, and Babalawos / 'babalawos' - Pastor Who Bought Wife Lamborgini Begs For Money, Freeze Reacts / Babalawos, Iyanifas, Diviners & Seers Meet Here: Lets Discuss Divination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are The Modern Day Babalawos In Africa Today? by paxonel(m): 8:14am On Oct 29, 2017
Don't be suprise, you might find out that you are still practicing diabolism, this time in the name of Jesus.
Let's look at the ancient African traditional religious practices and compare to what we do today in churches.
1. Africans throughout history were found visiting one form of juju priests or the order on regular bases out of fear of the unknown. They fear the air, trees, fellow humans, sky, hills, sun, night, and nature, etc
This characteristics is continued even when people are now converted in christianity and Islam. You see them visiting one pastor or the order for deliverance, prosperity, salvation, etc, even when nothing is wrong with them. Hence, you see people going to church on regular bases.
2. African shrines in those days were characterised by all sort of rituals for the cleansing of visitors(who were already convinced that they need spiritual cleansing) during which they pay heavy cowries(money). So the Ifa priests(or whatever) enrich themselves with the money the people bring.
This characteristics is also continued in churches today. Hence, we have wealthy pastors today because church members have already accepted that they have spiritual problems which is not true.

When a pastor in church(mfm D. K Olukoya and Chris Okafor of Liberation city, etc) begins to tell people, trace your family lineage, your grandmother or grandfather must have been a witch, someone in your family is practicing diabolism, etc, which is the cause of your failures in life. What is the pastor trying to achieve?
First of all he is probing your intelligence.
And you know, most Africans are not intelligent enough to understand (sorry to say), so they will fall into that kinda scam very very well.
When you believe the pastor, you find yourself praying fire prayer
Die by fire
Die by thunder
Die by water
What are you doing, you are simply conducting ritual,
In church.

Now here this,
Jesus says there is nothing hidden under the sun that shall not come out to manifest.
So, there is nothing like witchcraft, there is nothing like spiritual powers attacking people (save the power of resurrection of Christ which keeps us alive today).
If your grandparents were practicing African traditional religions and rituals(which was normal) they did it out of ignorance .
Non of those things gave them fortune or failures.
They had fortune through the work of their hands.
They had failures because they were never educated.
If you are not succeeding in life today it is because there is something about your career that you are taking forgranted which successful people in that same field do not take forgranted.
Education is the key to every success in life(be it formal or informal education). Nothing in this life happens mysteriously.
THERE IS CAUSE AND EFFECTS

From all what I'm saying, pastors are the modern day babalawos today ranging from Adeboye(who people believe that by mere shouting Amen to his prophecies they will get fortune), Oyedepo, Olukoya, Chris Okafor, Ashimolowlo, Oritsejafor, Idahosa, Mike Okonkwo, Oyakhilome, to the least pastor in Nigeria.
So when you are running to pastors and someone is testifying how he met fortune through the pastor, check it.
That testimony is not real.
Something is manipulating somewhere
grin grin
Re: Who Are The Modern Day Babalawos In Africa Today? by OtemSapien: 8:26am On Oct 29, 2017
Na so. That's one big reason I don't want people to know me too much, hence they would make me an idol instead of idolising their own selves.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Modern Day Babalawos In Africa Today? by Emmanueltrin(m): 8:59am On Oct 29, 2017
well ,is true but some of things are connected to the bible
Re: Who Are The Modern Day Babalawos In Africa Today? by paxonel(m): 9:00am On Oct 29, 2017
OtemSapien:
Na so. That's one big reason I don't want people to know me too much, hence they would make me an idol instead of idolising their own selves.
This is why i love nairaland. Nobody knows you, you are not at any risk to say the truth grin
Re: Who Are The Modern Day Babalawos In Africa Today? by OtemSapien: 9:02am On Oct 29, 2017
paxonel:

This is why i love nairaland. Nobody knows you, you are not at any risk to say the truth grin
Three to four people on nairaland have seen me face to face anyway. wink

(1) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo Best Success Teaching Compilations, Making Impact / What If God. / How Many Evolutionists Does It Take To Change A Light Bulb?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.