Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,501 members, 7,830,510 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

I Want A Licensed Gun? What Do I Do? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Want A Licensed Gun? What Do I Do? (1600 Views)

Kenyan Strangles 3-Yr-Old Son To Death Because Her Boyfriend Didn't Want A Child / Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) / Man Fights Armed Robber For Stealing Girlfriend’s Phone, Collects His Gun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want A Licensed Gun? What Do I Do? by Queenlovely(f): 9:51am On Oct 29, 2017
I don't want to be kidnapped in Nigeria. I Don't want to be held to ransom. My greatest fear is to be kidnapped. That is why I hired these private firm g47 to provide protection. My mum escaped a kidnapping attempt last year. I wouldn't want some idiot to reap where they did not sow. That's why I want to get a licensed pistol. How do I go about it?
Re: I Want A Licensed Gun? What Do I Do? by Slayer2: 9:57am On Oct 29, 2017
I once tried to obtain a firearm last year but I was told that I had to be up to 33 years of age or more and only available firearm licensed for citizens to use is a shotgun. Pistols and all other weapons are restricted to citizens but not limited to the military. Only the IGP can license a firearm for you.

1 Like

Re: I Want A Licensed Gun? What Do I Do? by Remijuice: 10:04am On Oct 29, 2017
Slayer2:
I once tried to obtain a firearm last year but I was told that I had to be up to 33 years of age and only available firearm licensed for citizens to use is a shotgun. Pistols and all other weapons are restricted to citizens but not limited to the military. Only the IGP can license a firearm for you.
33yrs of age?
Re: I Want A Licensed Gun? What Do I Do? by Slayer2: 10:05am On Oct 29, 2017
Remijuice:

33yrs of age?

Yup
Re: I Want A Licensed Gun? What Do I Do? by hazan041(m): 10:13am On Oct 29, 2017
here to read comments

1 Like

Re: I Want A Licensed Gun? What Do I Do? by SuperSuave(m): 10:59am On Oct 29, 2017
Getting a gun has always been on my mind for long, just for protection. I have one but it's not licensed.
Re: I Want A Licensed Gun? What Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 29, 2017
lol...
OP,
Re: I Want A Licensed Gun? What Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 29, 2017
FP, I know..
e sure..

Mynd44 oyyaa oo
Re: I Want A Licensed Gun? What Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 29, 2017
Queenlovely:
I don't want to be kidnapped in Nigeria. I Don't want to be held to ransom. My greatest fear is to be kidnapped. That is why I hired these private firm g47 to provide protection. My mum escaped a kidnapping attempt last year. I wouldn't want some idiot to reap where they did not sow. That's why I want to get a licensed pistol. How do I go about it?
Try cutlass, u need skills tho grin

4 Likes

Re: I Want A Licensed Gun? What Do I Do? by lukasmuyiwa(m): 11:15am On Oct 29, 2017
what if it's three guns that you have.. will you register the two too .
because am too lazy to register the two

1 Like

Re: I Want A Licensed Gun? What Do I Do? by Jakumo(m): 9:18pm On Oct 29, 2017
For 350K naira, which includes the traditional, "as usual" bribes, the Nigerian Police Force will sell you a pump-action shotgun WITH a legitimate licence, BUT you MUST have a well-connected person to broker the deal for you, so that you don't fall into the hands of scam artists POSING as cops.

Even if pistols were legal for civilians to own in Nigeria, which they are NOT, a pump-action shotgun is vastly superior to any pistol for most typical close-quarters home-defense scenarios, where riddling closed doors with fist-sized smoking holes can be accomplished with alarming rapidity, if the shot-gunner is adequately experienced in handling their instrument of death.

A pistol kicks like a mule under recoil in the shooters hand, with each single hard-to-aim slug that is fired per pull of the trigger, while in contrast, a single trigger pull on a shotgun touches off a fiery blast of up to 50 bone-breaking lead pellets that will stop ANY attacker in their tracks instantly, PARTICULARLY if the shot is aimed at the target's head. With the pump-action feature, you can with practice smoothly rack a fresh round of buck-shot into the chamber with amazing speed, before the deafening roar of each fired shot subsides, thus making possible rapid follow-up shots as needed to stop a fast-moving target, for example.

So there you have it. Do NOT buy a pistol in Nigeria, so as to avoid jail, but DO buy a 12-gauge pump-shotgun, from your friends working with, or for, the Nigerian Police Force.

The Remington Model 870 family of shotguns are among the most reliable brand names in the pump-action shotgun world. Below is a home defense derivative of the standard 5-shot Remington Wingmaster hunting model, the Remington Tactical Shotgun, configured with a longer 7-round capacity magazine. It is possible to buy pump shotguns with 12-round magazines, but when loaded up with 12 shells, the gun becomes heavy, and is thus may be slower to line up shots, than would be the case with a lighter gun carrying just 7-rounds in its magazine.

Normally with a pump-shotgun, you keep stuffing shells into the magazine every chance you get while you are shooting, so you don't run out of ammo until the target is good and dead.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want A Licensed Gun? What Do I Do? by ashjay001(m): 10:56pm On Oct 29, 2017
Jakumo:
For 350K naira, which includes the traditional, "as usual" bribes, the Nigerian Police Force will sell you a pump-action shotgun WITH a legitimate licence, BUT you MUST have a well-connected person to broker the deal for you, so that you don't fall into the hands of scam artists POSING as cops.

Even if pistols were legal for civilians to own in Nigeria, which they are NOT, a pump-action shotgun is vastly superior to any pistol for most typical close-quarters home-defense scenarios, where riddling closed doors with fist-sized smoking holes can be accomplished with alarming rapidity, if the shot-gunner is adequately experienced in handling their instrument of death.

A pistol kicks like a mule under recoil in the shooters hand, with each single hard-to-aim slug that is fired per pull of the trigger, while in contrast, a single trigger pull on a shotgun touches off a fiery blast of up to 50 bone-breaking lead pellets that will stop ANY attacker in their tracks instantly, PARTICULARLY if the shot is aimed at the target's head. With the pump-action feature, you can with practice smoothly rack a fresh round of buck-shot into the chamber with amazing speed, before the deafening roar of each fired shot subsides, thus making possible rapid follow-up shots as needed to stop a fast-moving target, for example.

So there you have it. Do NOT buy a pistol in Nigeria, so as to avoid jail, but DO buy a 12-gauge pump-shotgun, from your friends working with, or for, the Nigerian Police Force.

The Remington Model 870 family of shotguns are among the most reliable brand names in the pump-action shotgun world. Below is a home defense derivative of the standard 5-shot Remington Wingmaster hunting model, the Remington Tactical Shotgun, configured with a longer 7-round capacity magazine. It is possible to buy pump shotguns with 12-round magazines, but when loaded up with 12 shells, the gun becomes heavy, and is thus may be slower to line up shots, than would be the case with a lighter gun carrying just 7-rounds in its magazine.

Normally with a pump-shotgun, you keep stuffing shells into the magazine every chance you get while you are shooting, so you don't run out of ammo until the target is good and dead.

Kare o!? Mr Warriorgringringrin

(1) (Reply)

Domestic Violence Against Men / 10 Year Old Stabs 16-year-old For Having Affair With His 11 Year Old Girlfriend. / Izala Muslim Sect Riot In Jos As They Claim There Is Nothing Like Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.