Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,498 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Why CIS And Not IGR Should Be The Focus Of Government - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why CIS And Not IGR Should Be The Focus Of Government (3444 Views)

The Presidency Of Nigeria Should Not Be The Focus Of Igbos In 2023 / Starting The Conversation: The Focus Is Saraki / Davidson Akhimien Proposes New Focus Of Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why CIS And Not IGR Should Be The Focus Of Government by Rmxr: 12:40pm On Oct 29, 2017

1 Like

Re: Why CIS And Not IGR Should Be The Focus Of Government by EternalTruths: 12:46pm On Oct 29, 2017
Omofunaab2:

I'm sure 90% of those human parts was supplied by potor. Na ur work

The day baby factories in the East starts to pay tax that's when their IGR will improve

You guys who pay tax, why is the number of poor people rising in your land despite rising IGR.
Re: Why CIS And Not IGR Should Be The Focus Of Government by Omofunaab2: 12:48pm On Oct 29, 2017
EternalTruths:

You guys who pay tax, why is the number of poor people rising in your land.

This stat says otherwise

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why CIS And Not IGR Should Be The Focus Of Government by EternalTruths: 12:48pm On Oct 29, 2017
DrGoodman:
I hope they have not ran away?

Another skull which is badly decomposed has just been found in Ikare ekiti, information reaching us says it was cut by two alfas,

The more the IGR the more the skull mining.

It doesn't make sense
Re: Why CIS And Not IGR Should Be The Focus Of Government by EternalTruths: 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2017
DrGoodman:

Another idea,

They should start charging tax on ritual killers, their IGR will be bigger than the whole money we get from NIger delta oil money.

They love to argue blindly when it is clear that poverty is driving more of them into ritual activities despite rising IGR.

1 Like

Re: Why CIS And Not IGR Should Be The Focus Of Government by Blue3k(m): 12:57pm On Oct 29, 2017
DrGoodman:

The stat must be for Lagos alone. If you put On do there, even the north will be richer than you guys.

Hmm your education was a waste. How can your math and reading skills be this terrible. Just like your friend you guys don't know how to react to proof.

Even without Lagos the stats still lower at 21.4%. The rest of geopolitical regions would still be higher.

3 Likes

Re: Why CIS And Not IGR Should Be The Focus Of Government by GavelSlam: 12:59pm On Oct 29, 2017
DrGoodman:

Citizens income is so high in Anambra that the poorest man can feed ten families in the south west.

Please use your high IGR to feed those who cut genitals to sell in Ogbomosho due to extreme hunger grin

So how come you cannot afford recharge cards?

how do you communicate for your business in this day and age?

Please don't tell me it's by flute.

5 Likes

Re: Why CIS And Not IGR Should Be The Focus Of Government by DrGoodman: 1:04pm On Oct 29, 2017
GavelSlam:

So how come you cannot afford recharge cards?

how do you communicate for your business in this day and age?

Please don't tell me it's by flute.

Blue3k:

Hmm your education was a waste. How can your math and reading skills be this terrible. Just like your friend you guys don't know how to react to proof.

Even without Lagos the stats still lower at 21.4%. The rest of geopolitical regions would still be higher.

You want me to believe useless data made in Ibadan which cannot stand the truth test? grin

You need to travel. I have been to your region and met poverty face to face. I was so shocked. We are more free with cash here, poverty leads to crime, like ritual killings.

1 Like

Re: Why CIS And Not IGR Should Be The Focus Of Government by GavelSlam: 1:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
DrGoodman:

You want me to believe useless data made in Ibadan which cannot stand the truth test? grin

You need to travel. I have been to your region and met poverty face to face. I was so shocked. We are more free with cash here, poverty leads to crime, like ritual killings.

You must have passed Delta state on the way to Lagos.

How was the night bus?

5 Likes

Re: Why CIS And Not IGR Should Be The Focus Of Government by Blue3k(m): 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2017
DrGoodman:

Oxford and UN are in Nigeria? You're probably just high off your developer dust so I'll forgive your intoxicated rambling. Even grandmas are into the craze.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why CIS And Not IGR Should Be The Focus Of Government by PVision2020(m): 1:12pm On Oct 29, 2017
EternalTruths:
Blue3k I learnt through a documentary that China intentionally leak foreign technologies to her citizens so that they can increase their personal incomes by manufacturing theirs.
pls be eternally truthful to yourself. An increased CIS = Increased IGR. It's directly proportional related.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why CIS And Not IGR Should Be The Focus Of Government by EternalTruths: 1:17pm On Oct 29, 2017
PVision2020:

pls be eternally truthful to yourself. An increased CIS = Increased IGR. It's directly proportional related.

IGR can rise without an increase in CIS.
Re: Why CIS And Not IGR Should Be The Focus Of Government by PVision2020(m): 1:37pm On Oct 29, 2017
EternalTruths:

pls explain.
how will igr increase when the citizens have no source of income?

3 Likes

Re: Why CIS And Not IGR Should Be The Focus Of Government by Rmxr: 1:55pm On Oct 29, 2017
EternalTruths:

How can IGR rise if the people aren't being taxed. Do you know how much tax people pay in developed countries?

4 Likes

Re: Why CIS And Not IGR Should Be The Focus Of Government by EternalTruths: 3:01pm On Oct 29, 2017
PVision2020:

pls explain.
how will igr increase when the citizens have no source of income?
Rmxr

Most IGR are tax based.

So a governor can increase the tax base or rate without helping the citizens generate more income.

In the case of CIS, the governor will focus on programs that can enable the people generate more money.

Example

Imagine Benue state governor opening an agro allied industry that uses Yam as a raw material and then telling Benue people and other Nigerians to supply yams, what do you think will happen to the income of the yam farmers.?

What do you think will happen to the income of the Benue people and other Nigerians if the governor after 5years privatize the company through private investment from the Benue people and other Nigerians.?

Think.

Governors should focus more on programmes of such nature.

Imagine Abia state governor, creating a platform for Aba made products to be sold at local & foreign markets. What do you think will happen to the income of the Aba artisans.?
Re: Why CIS And Not IGR Should Be The Focus Of Government by PVision2020(m): 3:20pm On Oct 29, 2017
EternalTruths:
Rmxr

Most IGR are tax based.

So a governor can increase the tax base or rate without helping the citizens generate more income.

In the case of CIS, the governor will focus on programs that can enable the people generate more money.

Example

Imagine Benue state governor opening an agro allied industry that uses Yam as a raw material and then telling Benue people and other Nigerians to supply yams, what do you think will happen to the income of the yam farmers.?

What do you think will happen to the income of the Benue people and other Nigerians if the governor after 5years privatize the company through private investment from the Benue people and other Nigerians.?

Think.

Governors should focus more on programmes of such nature.

Imagine Abia state governor, creating a platform for Aba made products to be sold at local & foreign markets. What do you think will happen to the income of the Aba artisans.?
well said but all that you mentioned above will invariably increase the revenue of the state as well.
Govt provides social amenities and incentives so as to increase its revenue. No Govt. is Father Christmas.
Now to your example, Gov. Ikpeazu promoting Aba made product will affect both the CIS and IGR.
Show me a producing/exporting country/state and I will show you a country/state with huge IGR.
Germany that you mentioned earlier have one of the best economy in Europe despite going through two world wars, not because they are oil rich but because of good Tax regime.

1 Like

Re: Why CIS And Not IGR Should Be The Focus Of Government by EternalTruths: 3:28pm On Oct 29, 2017
PVision2020:

well said but all that you mentioned above will invariably increase the revenue of the state as well.
Govt provides social amenities and incentives so as to increase its revenue. No Govt. is Father Christmas.
Now to your example, Gov. Ikpeazu promoting Aba made product will affect both the CIS and IGR.
Show me a producing/exporting country/state and I will show you a country/state with huge IGR.
Germany that you mentioned earlier have one of the best economy in Europe despite going through two world wars, not because they are oil rich but because of good Tax regime.

In the case of Germany, is not about the Tax but the CIS system.

Germany has the presence of the most numerous family businesses in the world.

Governors should focus more on building the indigenous people CIS.

Don't forget again that a state can increase her IGR without increasing her CIS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biafra Sit At Protests: Polls Boycott Is Different From Election Holding.. / Image Of A Country: Some Americans Mock Nigeria On Twitter / ELECTION: HONOURABLE OGHENE EGOH WINS HOUSE OF REP PDP AMUWO ODOFIN LAGOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.