Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,202 members, 7,867,492 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:02 PM

Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning (15801 Views)

87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank / Dangote Blasts State Governors For High Poverty Rate In Northern Nigeria / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by shallysgirl: 12:12am On Oct 31, 2017
We are not leaving .we will occupy Lagos until Jesus comes. Take it or leave it. grin
Mille:
First of all, do you live in Lagos? If Yes, then why haven't you relocated to the 'prosperous Biafra'?

If No, then you shouldn't even be talking.

I lived in Orile for the first 22 years of my life ( Minus the time spent studying in boarding school and my University days in Ogun), and No, we didn't earn less than $3 dollars a day, nor live in your described housing. Sure, we were not rich but we spent a lot more than the meagre $3 dollars per day and it was a 3 bedroom apartment for a family with 3 boys.
So I wonder where you got your data from.

I do not deny the existence of these type of accommodations but there are as more apartment buildings in Orile.

Secondly, a large bulk of the people you describe here are 'immigrants' from SE, SS and the North. I'm certain for that of Ajegunle and Orile. Don't ask me how I know. I grew up in these places. The kind of 'unskilled immigrants' with no qualification whatsoever who show up in Lagos for a better life only to go and oppress the starving villagers in the East during Christmas.

Lastly, I agree with you. Lagos and the entire SW is home to poor people and has a bad economy. But please, tell your people to leave. I hear Anambra is far better. Tell them to go home and enjoy the goods back home. I'm not comfortable with the generations after generations of your people living in the 'poor SW'.

4 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by shallysgirl: 12:23am On Oct 31, 2017
Nobody is ranting. It is the truth.
Is ajegunle and all the areas she mentioned not slums?
Are there not more high rise residential buildings in Anambra than in Lagos?
Like she advised, push for better living conditions not rejoicing and jubilating over igr that cannot be accounted for. Epele.
Omofunaab2:

Lol.... omo that thread pain these people ooo. .

Yorubas provide stats to prove their claims while potor just go on ranting.

Op, give us stats or shut the fook up

4 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by shallysgirl: 12:43am On Oct 31, 2017
The question is, do they prosper? And the answer is yes. Whether in Lagos or in Asia, it's secondary. Better the end of a matter that the beginning thereof.
Decksaltedxx:

Coming from a flat head whose people cant prosper without running away from their erosion ravaged land. Buhahahjahahahahaahahahah

4 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by shallysgirl: 12:45am On Oct 31, 2017
And so?
Ogun get pipe borne water or electricity?
PVision2020:

hahahahahaha....you invest in the east and the esusu IGR of the whole 5 eastern Villages is not up to that of Ogun state alone.
You guys need to be pitied... ndo, pele

3 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by shallysgirl: 1:25am On Oct 31, 2017
Go and ask the yoruba communities in the east.
I go soon stop to buy something for my yoruba neighbour tuck shop.
self deceivers .
deomelo:

Abio...

Wetin I won go do inside that worthless and unproductive villages that even these lying ipob jokers can not wait to abandon for the SW.

Abeg God forbid bad thing and abomination.

grin

4 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by shallysgirl: 1:26am On Oct 31, 2017
We know, and it's the sw.
Michael004:
We all know the parasites in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by shallysgirl: 1:31am On Oct 31, 2017
Begging ke
what will you be able to do in the SE? Open tuck shop, drive taxi, open a tailor's shop, vulcanizer....
Michael004:
E pain the useless pig. Begging people to come to their land. Who wants to dine with pigs grin. Pig, go to where you belong, that is mud. We are not interested in your useless God forsaken barren bush.

3 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by deomelo: 2:31am On Oct 31, 2017
[s]
shallysgirl:
self deceivers .
[/s]

Yoruba community ko, yoruba congregation ni. abeg keep quiet.

5 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by isalegan2: 2:34am On Oct 31, 2017
laudate:

May God deliver you from exaggeration, hypocrisy and bare faced deceit. sad What did you just say here? "Onitsha has small landmass but better residential buildings than the entire SW combined?" shocked Where did you hear this bold faced lie? Which Onitsha are you talking about?

Bros, I take God beg you, if na play make you stop am, o! No let people take you do yeye for here! sad Those of us living in Lagos, know quite well that the highest number of residents within the slums, are just your own people. Just take a trip down there. They are well known for even turning decent neighbourhoods into slums or ghettos. Ask around... undecided

You're debating finances with a poster whose moniker is 419 squared.

3 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by PVision2020(m): 6:54am On Oct 31, 2017
shallysgirl:
And so?
Ogun get pipe borne water or electricity?
Lol, the last time I checked, the most backward region in term of electricity supply and pipe borne water is the 5 esusu villages from the East.
https://m.guardian.ng/news/eedc-explains-poor-power-supply-in-south-east/

4 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Michael004: 7:28am On Oct 31, 2017
shallysgirl:
Begging ke
what will you be able to do in the SE? Open tuck shop, drive taxi, open a tailor's shop, vulcanizer....
Ok, but we no sha get interest. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Michael004: 7:28am On Oct 31, 2017
PVision2020:

Lol, the last time I checked, the most backward region in term of electricity supply and pipe borne water is the 5 esusu villages from the East.
Give them fact.

4 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by shallysgirl: 11:58am On Oct 31, 2017
Rabbish, no pipe borne water, electricity or decent housing in the south west. Take it or leave it. cool
PVision2020:

4 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by shallysgirl: 11:59am On Oct 31, 2017
Who dey use the yoruba dustbin mosque in the SE?
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Yoruba community ko, yoruba congregation ni. abeg keep quiet.

4 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Sprumbabafather: 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2017
shallysgirl:
self deceivers .

What else does Yoruba girls sell in the east except different colours of concortions which can only give one kidney failure grin
Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by QueenSekxy(f): 1:08pm On Oct 31, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

What else does Yoruba girls sell in the east except different colours of concortions which can only give one kidney failure grin
and that several coloured soup (ncha nkota grin). .with fetish images,,come to bridge head and see how diabolical this people can be..tufia
cc michael004

2 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by mercyville: 2:56pm On Oct 31, 2017
QueenSekxy:

and that several coloured soup (ncha nkota grin). .with fetish images,,come to bridge head and see how diabolical this people can be..tufia
cc michael004

Go and eat your otokoto skull, cannibal.A cannibal comparing itself with human beings..
I spit on your vampire face..yuk.

4 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by intruxive(m): 4:53pm On Oct 31, 2017
Michael004:
[s][/s]Go to Europe, America, Asia and other African nations, go and see yorubas there. If we want to travel, is it now a place like eastern Nigeria? A place where its people like you can't stop trooping in mass to our land. We can't stoop so low. Yes, we don't travel because we don't travel to eastern Nigeria. We agree.
Lol, u get their shallowness perfectly. How does anyone travell to a place were the indigenous local are running away from like their is a war. More like a syrian refuge telling a german in germany to go to syria and see enjoyment.
grin

5 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by intruxive(m): 4:54pm On Oct 31, 2017
intruxive:

Lol, u get their shallowness perfectly. How does anyone travel to a place were the indigenous local are running away from like there is a war. More like a syrian refuge telling a german in germany to go to syria and see enjoyment.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by intruxive(m): 5:06pm On Oct 31, 2017
deomelo:

2 ipob states and not a single SW state on that list.

Dirty Igbos.. grin grin
3 sir!
Out of the 5state they have 3 is on the worst list of most polluted cities in the WHOLE WORLD shocked
Abeg can we just give this people their biafra let them shift, biko

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by totit: 6:11pm On Oct 31, 2017
mercyville:

Go and eat your otokoto skull cannibal.A cannibal comparing itself with human beings..
I spit on your vampire face..yuk.
No mind them ja're
Loool
grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by deomelo: 6:14pm On Oct 31, 2017
intruxive:

3 sir!
Out of the 5state they have 3 is on the worst list of most polluted cities in the WHOLE WORLD shocked
Abeg can we just give this people their biafra let them shift, biko

3?

Mba Mba Mba!!!

3 dirtiest places in the world are in the SE garbage region?

OMG!!! grin grin

Even pigs no dirty reach that level... grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Nonaira1: 7:32pm On Oct 31, 2017
Ngokafor:

Bia nne,yiu didnt have to waste your precious time on these alayes and street urchins whose stomach are bloated from eating soar a and rotten ewedu daily.

Lazy two-bit nonenity who can exist on 'One Nigeria' only..Who doesnt know that if yorubas are as formidable as they claim to be,they would be in the for-front of secession?as wicked as horrible as they areMention secession and all the empty and shallow barrels on this thread as well as their elders will land in the hospital...Ignore them biko,,you are too posh for those low-lives.

Even anong one Nigeria Yoruba are not thriving. I'm still wondering why noone else is seeing this.

Yorubalsnd is the ONLY area in Nigeria that didn't have any hinder in terms of development yet they aren't developed or any where close to what you see to other African groups with the same predicament. Even at that, all the other regions in that one Nigeria that did have hinders and had to stop and restart all over again are behind them in terms of development. What does that tell you?

Let's say you and I are building our own houses at the same time. It's meant to be the same structure, the same everything. You stop for years while I didn't. The ones you has already built was bulldozed over. When you came back, noone offered to help you but yet I was already getting multiple helps. Then, after several years of you working by yourself with little to no help, you are back up with two bricks behind me. Would you say I am progressing in terms of that house building if you were able to catch despite all the obtascles you had that I didn't?

Ever traveled to Port Novo in Benin? If you have, you recall how some mock ibadan with that brown roof images. It's pretty much how that City looks like. Guess the tribe that own that City? Yoruba. It's even the capital city of Benin. I ask again, if yoruba are thriving people, how the city, another capital they owe, is one of the most underdeveloped city ever? What happened to their so called ability to build cities like they claim they did to Lagos "without oil money."
The saddest thing of it all is that the city is so bad, when you Google it, you rarely get images of it. What you see is a city in cape Verde and Spain with the same name.

2 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by oodualover: 7:58pm On Oct 31, 2017
Nonaira1:

Even anong one Nigeria Yoruba are not thriving. I'm still wondering why noone else is seeing this.

Yorubalsnd is the ONLY area in Nigeria that didn't have any hinder in terms of development yet they aren't developed or any where close to what you see to other African groups with the same predicament. Even at that, all the other regions in that one Nigeria that did have hinders and had to stop and restart all over again are behind them in terms of development. What does that tell you?

Let's say you and I are building our own houses at the same time. It's meant to be the same structure, the same everything. You stop for years while I didn't. The ones you has already built was bulldozed over. When you came back, noone offered to help you but yet I was already getting multiple helps. Then, after several years of you working by yourself with little to no help, you are back up with two bricks behind me. Would you say I am progressing in terms of that house building if you were able to catch despite all the obtascles you had that I didn't?

Ever traveled to Port Novo in Benin? If you have, you recall how some mock ibadan with that brown roof images. It's pretty much how that City looks like. Guess the tribe that own that City? Yoruba. It's even the capital city of Benin. I ask again, if yoruba are thriving people, how the city, another capital they owe, is one of the most underdeveloped city ever? What happened to their so called ability to build cities like they claim they did to Lagos "without oil money."
The saddest thing of it all is that the city is so bad, when you Google it, you rarely get images of it. What you see is a city in cape Verde and Spain with the same name.
Have you been to port novo before? Yes or no

3 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by totit: 9:29pm On Oct 31, 2017
oodualover:

Don't mind the nitwit.
Is this not aba,iboland paradise grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Y5uuuVTbY

Let's not even go there, ebonyi and the rest.
Lool

This is some part of port novo, below :

Curtsy

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=439577

1 Like

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by laudate: 9:36pm On Oct 31, 2017
Intruxive, Deomelo, Totit, Oodualover, mercyville etc, you guys are merciless... biko! Pity them small..... hehehehe!

2 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by AshiwajuFoward: 9:41pm On Oct 31, 2017
Nonaira1:

You mean like this brown roofed Onitsha and Enugu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by mercyville: 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2017
Nonaira1:

How dare you compare a piggy bank(Igboland) with central bank(Yorubaland).The size of your small enclave (Igboland)is almost the size of OYO state,just a part in Yorubaland and 45 million of Igbos have not been able to develop this small enclave into eldorado.In spite of your rituals,drugs peddling,baby factory etc and with your late civilization,you still have brown roofs in your small enclave.A few evidence that Yorubas are richer than the Igbos,are their numerous massive industries, highest number of private universities,private colleges,real estate people,ICT people etc.Do not be delusional and compare a small enclave filled with 3000 houses with a large area where 1000000 houses are scattered all over.Do not be like Ojuku..

6 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Nonaira1: 10:27pm On Oct 31, 2017
oodualover:

Actually yes I have. Multiple times.

Anymore questions?

2 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by oodualover: 10:34pm On Oct 31, 2017
mercyville:
How dare you compare a piggy bank(Igboland) with central bank(Yorubaland).The size of your small enclave (Igboland)is almost the size of OYO state,just a part in Yorubaland and 45 million of Igbos have not been able to develop this small enclave into eldorado.In spite of your rituals,drugs peddling,baby factory etc and with your late civilization,you still have brown roofs in your small enclave.The singular evidence that Yorubas are richer than the Igbos,are their numerous massive industries, highest number of private universities,private colleges,real estate people,ICT people etc.Do not be delusional and compare a small enclave filled with 3000 houses with a large area where 1000000 houses are scattered all over.Do not be like Ojuku..
Lols bro, can you imagine the nonsense that guy just wrote? Do you know that Yoruba land in kwara and Kogi is almost the size of eboeland? Yorubas in these two states are not up to 7 million. Yorubaland is about three times the size of Eboland( both ss and se). This is why they are trying to grab our land.
It is also funny that despite how dense eboeland is, only 1/7 of their land is developed. Most of eboeland is filled with bushes and red mud. Yet this is the same dirty tribe that claim Yorubaland is poor.
Irony!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by oodualover: 10:36pm On Oct 31, 2017
Nonaira1:

Actually yes I have. Multiple times.

Anymore questions?
You have and you said majority of port norvo is filled with brown roof. You don't know what you are saying.

3 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Nonaira1: 10:38pm On Oct 31, 2017
totit:

Don't mind the nitwit.
Is this not aba,iboland paradise grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Y5uuuVTbY

Let's not even go there, ebonyi and the rest.
Lool

This is some part of port novo, below :

Curtsy

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=439577

You know in attempt to save face, you ended up proving me accurate. How hilarious!!!

One thing skyscrapercity forum is known for is providing the best images of each cities in Africa in attempt to give the illusion that the cities are comparable to Western cities. Funny enough, the case of Port Novo is uncompleted building, unpaved roads, out dated buildings that appears to be built during colonization among other things. In between the images, you'll see few decent buildings with poor background and of course, one image of a nice bridge. Though they were attempting to show the "beautiful part" of port Novo, they only able to reach 2 pages ALONE.... Mind you, that's a capital city. Therefore indicating lack of the so called "beautiful, developed part" of the city That's say it all. Did you even bother to look at the link you provided?

Next time you want to use selected imagery to try and "expose" a city to someone who's actually been to the city and seen it with his eyes...I suggest use a better scenery/links. Don't prove me right in attempt to prove me wrong. You only end up making your self look dumb as Bleep.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Court Nullifies Senator Ndume’s Suspension / Oshiomhole: Real Reason Why I Went To The U.S / El-Rufai Announces Plan To Lay Off Public Servants In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.