Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon (26811 Views)

Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon / 26-Year-Old Corper Sanni Mariam, Passengers, Driver Die In Imo Road Accident / Mother, 2 Daughters Die In Ogun Accident As SUV Rams Into Stationary Truck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by arTiculaTe01: 3:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
personal59:

Oga Wetin happen? this your comment plenty pass the news

I tire oh. Verbiage! angry
Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by datola: 3:28pm On Oct 29, 2017
Always b careful when driving.

RIP.
Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by sirgalahad26(m): 3:29pm On Oct 29, 2017
help me to greet my grandmas over there!tell them i love them #R.I.P
Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by Fabulouski(m): 3:31pm On Oct 29, 2017
He came to Nigeria for burial.
Now, he'll be buried
� �
Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by darkmarky(m): 3:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
Why is it that when someone comes Into Nigeria, bad things start happening to the person
Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by BanevsJoker(m): 4:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
Be careful what you wish for. When your Oba Lil Wayne was threatening Igbos with the Lagoon, you lot were applauding him. Since 2015, guess how many Igbos have drowned in the Lagoon? Zero. How many Yorubas? Exactly. T billz was lucky, he has good friends. Hold Oba Lil Wayne responsible. Remember what happened to Hamman in the Book of Esther. The gallows he built for Mordecai, he was the one hung from it.
Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by RaptorX: 4:09pm On Oct 29, 2017
amunkita:
Came Into Nigeria Last Tuesday only for him to die that way...
Abeg the British should come back to colonize us again, maybe this time efficient emergency agency, good road network will be delivered to us...

Nigeria nd sad news all the time...
What is good road got to do with this accident? Or you think people don't die in accidents in the countries you want to come recolonize yours.

1 Like

Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by helovesme(f): 4:16pm On Oct 29, 2017
FarahAideed:
If only people will Obey the 80kmh speed limit on third mainland bridge

The speed limit on that road should be no more than 50kmh.

1 Like

Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by helovesme(f): 4:19pm On Oct 29, 2017
davodyguy:
This is terribly saddening.
I can bet with anything that it was front tyre burst.

I had my near death experience too in 2006, 11th February. At 149kmph, my front tyre answered and the car turned over 3 times, before one of the beams on the bridge stopped me from entering the Lagoon. The mark, is still on 3rd Mainland till date.

For those of you familiar with Adekunle exit, watch out for a sign of impact

Car was written off

149kmh is very fast.

That’s over twice the legal speed limit in some sane countries with very good roads.

I hope you’ve learnt your lesson and you do not drive that fast again.

Speed kills.

1 Like

Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by asawanathegreat(m): 4:24pm On Oct 29, 2017
They should transfer lagos Lagoon to abuja, I want some evil polithiefcians inside d lagoon
Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by talk2emma: 4:28pm On Oct 29, 2017
Rip
Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by walosky(m): 4:33pm On Oct 29, 2017
All these pot-bellied officers that cant swim not to jump out of an aircraft via parachute

Oga RIP Sir
Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by omoelerin1: 4:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
Only God knows the atrocities he has committed when he was a military chief. May be all he invested in his estate business were proceeds of corruption, who knows.
May God forgive me

RIP.
Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 29, 2017
RIP
Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by tballeyy(m): 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2017
Iya osun it is now time to give zeza for zeza
Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 29, 2017
bibelo:

don't be daft does the car not have headlight?
the problem with must Nigerians is that they don't know it's easier to get a Saloon car to easily come to a halt when on top speed,an SUV will roll over severally when trying to halt at top speed most especially on third mainland bridge.....seen it happen alot

Generally, SUVs roll over more easily. Most SUVs carry that warning in their manual or as fine print in the top corner of driver's side.
Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 29, 2017
omoelerin1:
Only God knows the atrocities he has committed when he was a military chief. May be all he invested in his estate business were proceeds of corruption, who knows.
May God forgive me

RIP.

Don't good people die in accidents?
Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
helovesme:

The speed limit on that road should be no more than 50kmh.

50km/h is too slow in TMB. That's in itself dangerous.

I used to use TMB for car race before (trying to beat personal record of 5 minutes) but I stopped after reading about all these accidents. I dont do more than 80kmh there any longer.
Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by maasoap(m): 10:51pm On Oct 29, 2017
davodyguy:
This is terribly saddening.
I can bet with anything that it was front tyre burst.

I had my near death experience too in 2006, 11th February. At 149kmph, my front tyre answered and the car turned over 3 times, before one of the beams on the bridge stopped me from entering the Lagoon. The mark, is still on 3rd Mainland till date.

For those of you familiar with Adekunle exit, watch out for a sign of impact

Car was written off
149 kmph! That's like saying "I'm tired of living, I want to commit suicide".

1 Like

Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by davodyguy: 11:03pm On Oct 29, 2017
maasoap:

149 kmph! That's like saying "I'm tired of living, I want to commit suicide".
when Lagos Ibadan exp was still good, i did 180kmph in 2005. I left UI at 4:30pm and got to ikoyi at 5:30pm.

I've stopped since
Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by stevecantrell: 11:28pm On Oct 29, 2017
BanevsJoker:
Be careful what you wish for. When your Oba Lil Wayne was threatening Igbos with the Lagoon, you lot were applauding him. Since 2015, guess how many Igbos have drowned in the Lagoon? Zero. How many Yorubas? Exactly. T billz was lucky, he has good friends. Hold Oba Lil Wayne responsible. Remember what happened to Hamman in the Book of Esther. The gallows he built for Mordecai, he was the one hung from it.

Wow !
you must work in all the morgues in Lagos. How else would know all the statistics ?
Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by bullbull: 4:14am On Oct 30, 2017
amunkita:
Came Into Nigeria Last Tuesday only for him to die that way...
Abeg the British should come back to colonize us again, maybe this time efficient emergency agency, good road network will be delivered to us...

Nigeria nd sad news all the time...

Re: Retired Air Force Officer, Driver Die As SUV Plunges Into Lagoon by joameh: 8:36am On Oct 30, 2017
Honestly God have mercy,it's really sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Accident Along Enugu/Port Harcourt Expressway, Victims Rushed To FMC Umuahia / BRT Passengers Fight After Waiting For 3 Hours Under The Rain At Agric, Ikorodu / Air Peace Commences Flight From Abuja To Ibadan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.