Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

How Prepare Delicious Editan Soup (calabar Vegetable Soup) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Prepare Delicious Editan Soup (calabar Vegetable Soup) (4038 Views)

Eat Healthy! How I Prepare Delicious Nigerian Vegetable Salad, (photos,video) / Igbo Man Chikezie Introduces His Lovely Chinese Wife Erica To Vegetable Soup / Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Prepare Delicious Editan Soup (calabar Vegetable Soup) by vinegurl(f): 4:37pm On Oct 29, 2017
Editan soup recipe is a Nigerian vegetable-based soup made with editan leaf, water leaves, and assorted meat; editan soup is tasty, rich and it is commonly served with semolina, eba, fufu or with pounded yam.

There is more than one variety of editan leaf with varying degrees of bitterness hence; the best way to wash editan leaves to get rid of the bitter taste is to wash severally until the greenish liquid turns clear just like bitter leaf. However, the fastest way to wash editan is drop a little edible potash in a pot, then add the leaves to it and boil for 5 minutes; by boiling these leaves in potash water, the bitter taste is removed without much waste of time.
See how to make tasty Editan Soup in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbwF_t6JKoc
Re: How Prepare Delicious Editan Soup (calabar Vegetable Soup) by J0hnTrevolt(m): 1:54am On Nov 03, 2017
I miss this soup.
during my stint in ikot ekpene I enjoyed this soup like mad.
But down in the east nobody knows this soup surprisingly.
the soup is alien to my wife. Is there any way to find this editang in the east? I really need to eat this soup again I so much love it.
I fit travel to AKS jus cos of this soup oooo sad
Nice job madam
Re: How Prepare Delicious Editan Soup (calabar Vegetable Soup) by vinegurl(f): 3:51am On Nov 06, 2017
J0hnTrevolt:
I miss this soup.
during my stint in ikot ekpene I enjoyed this soup like mad.
But down in the east nobody knows this soup surprisingly.
the soup is alien to my wife. Is there any way to find this editang in the east? I really need to eat this soup again I so much love it.
I fit travel to AKS jus cos of this soup oooo sad
Nice job madam

thanks dear, good to know you love editan, you can ask for the leaves in any big market especially where they sell soup vegetables like ukazi, I'm very sure you will get

(1) (Reply)

The Next Big Franchise Now Open In Port Harcourt Bólé King!!! / Operation Flaunt Your Ofe Nsala (pics) / Good Catering School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.