Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Ezeemo Signs Social Contract With Anambra People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ezeemo Signs Social Contract With Anambra People (266 Views)

Godwin Ezeemo Arrests His Nkwoka Stanley Atinga For Decamping To APGA / Obiano & Wife On Victory Road March To Thank Anambra People For Their Support / IPOB Members Attack Godwin Ezeemo, Anambra Governorship Aspirant In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ezeemo Signs Social Contract With Anambra People by austusnobet: 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
The Progressive People’s Alliance, PPA witnessed a mammoth crowd as they held officially flagged off their campaign over the weekend at All Saints Cathedral, Onitsha, during which the National Working Committee of the party led by her National Chairman, Chief Peter Ameh performed the ceremonial handing over of the party’s flag to Mr Godwin Chukwunenye Ezeemo and his deputy, 38 year old Hon. Stanley Nkwokah and Ezeemo stunned everyone by signing a social contract with the people.

Handing over the flag, Chief Ameh described Ezeemo as “a man of integrity and an embodiment of honesty and humility who has distinguished himself as an astute business man and administrator and therefore the ideal candidate for governorship in a great state like Anambra”.
Appreciating the “emotions, enthusiasm and excitement”expressed by the teeming crowd of supporters, Ezeemo opined that the electorates’ sacrificing their time to be part of the flag off was evidence that they are resolved to see a better Anambra State.
He shared his disgust at the “reckless abandon with which previous governments and event he present have been misusing their power to lord it over the people and siphon public funds” and promised that his emergence is a coup de grace for irresponsible governance.
In his words, “I know that our people have been lied to for so long and that is why you find it difficult convincing some people who have seen my antecedents but are still doubting the genuineness of my purpose.

This is why I have chosen to sign a social contract with you women, youths, traders, commuter drivers and all other groups that make up Anambra people today so that you can hold me accountable if I default from accomplishing any of my promises within the timeline I have slated to actualise them if I emerge your governor.”
He then read out the social contracts which consist of definite actions he would take to address infrastructural, policy and social justice issues that militate against the smooth and optimum functioning of the various groups of people in the state, signed them and asked for a representative of the various demographics to sign on their column.
READ MORE
https://naijtimes.com/2017/10/29/anambra-guber-mammoth-crowd-attends-ppa-campaign-flag-off/

(1) (Reply)

Court Fixed Nov. 1 To Rule On Diezani's Application To Join Case -channel TV / How Can We Get A Peaceful NIGERIA? / Nigeria, A Dry Fertile Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.