Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Nigeria’s Misery Index Worsens To 77.5% - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Misery Index Worsens To 77.5% (1154 Views)

Abiola Ajimobi's Health Condition Worsens After Days In Coma / Buhari To Intervene As APC, Oyegun’s Bickering Worsens / APC Crisis Worsens As nPDP Faction Issues Seven-Day Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Misery Index Worsens To 77.5% by MyNewJackeT: 6:59pm On Oct 29, 2017

LIFE appears getting worse for majority of Nigerians as the misery index has grown to about 77 per cent according to calculations by some economists.

The misery index is an economic indicator, which helps to determine how the average citizen is doing economically and calculated by adding seasonally adjusted unemployment rate to the annual inflation rate.

Economist and Chief Executive Officer, Global Analytics Consulting Limited, Mr Tope Fasua told a correspondent of Tribune Online that Nigerian leaders are generally selfish and usually do not bother about the electorates once they gain public office.

As at the end of June 2017, youth unemployment in Nigeria stood at 61.6 percent, average unemployment was 14.2 percent while inflation rate in September was 15.98 percent.

As a result of worsening economic situation, desperate Nigerians have been leaving the country in droves through both legal and illegal routes.

According to data from National Commission for Refugees and International Organisation for Migration (IOM), 36,000 went through the Sahara Desert to Europe alone in 2016.Also, 11,009 women from Nigeria went into Italy alone during the year from a figure of 433 in 2013.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/nigerias-misery-index-worsens-77-5/
Re: Nigeria’s Misery Index Worsens To 77.5% by ThundrCork(m): 7:08pm On Oct 29, 2017
Not true....I saw on TV that we are out of recession #sarcasm
Re: Nigeria’s Misery Index Worsens To 77.5% by BankeSmalls(f): 7:16pm On Oct 29, 2017
Sarrki, 0menka and abagworo just left this country, I saw them trekking to Mali through the desert en route to Morocco grin
Re: Nigeria’s Misery Index Worsens To 77.5% by Bossontop(m): 7:43pm On Oct 29, 2017
Jus 77.5 ahn ahn i tot it wee b at 95 ooo......so as we dey suffer lyk dis we neva even c anytin yet.....chaaiii i give up oòo

Re: Nigeria’s Misery Index Worsens To 77.5% by MyNewJackeT: 7:46pm On Oct 29, 2017
Bossontop:
Jus 77.5 ahn ahn i tot it wee b at 95 ooo......so as we dey suffer lyk dis we neva even c anytin yet.....chaaiii i give up oòo

grin grin
guy abeg...o
Re: Nigeria’s Misery Index Worsens To 77.5% by MyNewJackeT: 8:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
oam4j
Re: Nigeria’s Misery Index Worsens To 77.5% by RZArecta(m): 8:03pm On Oct 29, 2017
What sort of life do you expect from a terrorist dictator ? cool
Re: Nigeria’s Misery Index Worsens To 77.5% by Paperwhite(m): 8:04pm On Oct 29, 2017
[/b]" As at the end of June 2017, youth unemployment in Nigeria stood at 61.6 percent, average unemployment was 14.2 percent while inflation rate in September was 15.98 percent.

As a result of worsening economic situation, desperate Nigerians have been leaving the country in droves through both legal and illegal routes."[b]

And where is that phoney-speaking but otondo APC finance minister that said "recession is just a word.... Nigeria is out of recession........Buhari is improving the economy"?
Meanwhile the idiots in this rudderless regime kept decieving themselves while amusing Nigerians with situations not keeping with reality on ground.
Re: Nigeria’s Misery Index Worsens To 77.5% by MyNewJackeT: 8:20pm On Oct 29, 2017
Paperwhite:
[/b]" As at the end of June 2017, youth unemployment in Nigeria stood at 61.6 percent, average unemployment was 14.2 percent while inflation rate in September was 15.98 percent.

As a result of worsening economic situation, desperate Nigerians have been leaving the country in droves through both legal and illegal routes."[b]

And where is that phoney-speaking but otondo APC finance minister that said "recession is just a word.... Nigeria is out of recession........Buhari is improving the economy"?
Meanwhile the idiots in this rudderless regime kept decieving themselves while amusing themselves with situations not keeping with reality on ground.

guy you'll be shocked if you read this.

she said the recession was a blessing in disguise.

http://thenationonlineng.net/recession-blessing-disguise-says-adeosun/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Misery Index Worsens To 77.5% by NaijaMutant(f): 8:23pm On Oct 29, 2017

Zombies, how market?
Re: Nigeria’s Misery Index Worsens To 77.5% by NaijaMutant(f): 8:28pm On Oct 29, 2017
BankeSmalls:
Sarrki, 0menka and abagworo just left this country, I saw them trekking to Mali through the desert en route to Morocco grin

ROTFL grin

May all those who worked towards the imposition of dullard Buhari suffer more than all of us who resisted the evil Change
Re: Nigeria’s Misery Index Worsens To 77.5% by Emekamex(m): 9:05pm On Oct 29, 2017

1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Misery Index Worsens To 77.5% by MyNewJackeT: 10:23pm On Oct 29, 2017
verified
Re: Nigeria’s Misery Index Worsens To 77.5% by feelgoods: 7:20am On Oct 30, 2017
hmm
Re: Nigeria’s Misery Index Worsens To 77.5% by MyNewJackeT: 10:10am On Oct 30, 2017
RZArecta:
What sort of life do you expect from a terrorist dictator ? cool

who's a terrorist director
Re: Nigeria’s Misery Index Worsens To 77.5% by redsun(m): 10:36am On Oct 30, 2017
Nigeria is a jungle at the moment, like there is no government in place.
Re: Nigeria’s Misery Index Worsens To 77.5% by FarahAideed: 10:39am On Oct 30, 2017
So true , the amount of misery in this country right now is so high all thanks to Buhari
Re: Nigeria’s Misery Index Worsens To 77.5% by RZArecta(m): 2:22pm On Oct 30, 2017
MyNewJackeT:

who's a terrorist director
I said TERRORIST DICTATOR and I'm specifically referring to Muhammadu Buhari your president cool
Re: Nigeria’s Misery Index Worsens To 77.5% by Trut(m): 10:16pm On Oct 30, 2017
This kind news no dey make frontage

(1) (Reply)

Dapchi School Girls; We Had A Deal With Boko Haram Not To Attack Them – Military / SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. / People Coming From Niger Rep. For Voter's Registration Involved In Accident.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.