Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. (1162 Views)

Jonathan Wanted To Rid The SW Of Tinubu And His Rascals / 2018 Nature Article Confirms Human Stunting In North And Partially SW Of Nigeria / Governor Ambode's Achievements In Pictures [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. by Obamaofusa: 9:33pm On Apr 22, 2018
Salute to all Nigerians especially the different tribes making up Nigeria for their contributions to education in Nigeria,Africa and the world.
We are going to showcase the achievements of some of the tribes in Nigeria to education.
We start with the Yorubas.Happy reading wink

Yorubas commenced going to school in 1800plus.

Yorubas are the first to attend a foreign University which is Glasgow University.

Yorubas have the highest number of first professors in Nigeria and probably in Africa.

They have the highest number of professors in Nigeria and probably Africa till date.

They have the highest number of female professors in Nigeria and probably Africa.

They have 5 youngest PhD holders in the world.

They have about 7 bright minds to have gotten 5.0 perfect cgp in the world.

They have the only bright mind to have been invited by 19 best universities in the world.

They have the highest number of best black mathematicians in the world.

They have the only black mathematician to have written the highest number of mathematical papers in the world.

They have the only African to have won The Nobel Laureate in Literature.

They have the only man to have co- won the peace Nobel Laureate with the former USA if America deputy Al gore.

They have the highest number of Private Universities,secondary and primary (private) in Nigeria and probably Africa.

They have the only University recognised in the world in the SW.A federal university.Made possible by all tribes of course.

Pls,add yours.Thanks.

lalasticlala,mynd44.

1 Like

Re: SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. by Ofemannnu: 10:45pm On Apr 22, 2018
Obamaofusa:
Salute to all Nigerians especially the different tribes making up Nigeria for their contributions to education in Nigeria,Africa and the world.
We are going to showcase the achievements of some of the tribes in Nigeria to education.

Yorubas are the first to attend a foreign University which is Glasgow University.

Yorubas have the highest number of first professors in Nigeria and probably in Africa.

They have the highest number of professors in Nigeria and probably Africa till date.

They have the highest number of female professors in Nigeria and probably Africa.

They have the only bright mind to have been invited by 19 best universities in the world.

They have the only black mathematician to have written the highest number of mathematical papers in the world.

They have the only man to have co- won the peace Nobel Laureate with the former USA if America deputy Al gore.

They have the highest number of Private Universities,secondary and primary (private) in Nigeria and probably Africa.

They have the only University recognised in the
world in the SW.A federal university.Made possible by all tribes of course.

Pls,add yours.Thanks.

lalasticlala,mynd44.

-
I concur but why would you say Yorubas are the first
to go tlo a foreign university?
Re: SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. by kettykings: 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2018
This is old and stale News . as i am tyoing this igbos have taking over , in education churning out the best in the world

2 Likes

Re: SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. by Ofemannnu: 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2018
Ofemannnu:

- I concur but why would you say Yorubas are the first to go tlo a foreign university?
I googled i it.Who is Vaughan?
The two students were conspicuous by their colour, and were subject to racial prejudice. Oluwole was called "Darkness visible" after the phrase from Milton 's Paradise Lost.-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Ladipo_Oluwole
Re: SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. by Ofemannnu: 11:03pm On Apr 22, 2018
kettykings:
This is old and stale News . as i am tyoing this igbos have taking over , in education churning out the best in the world

I have crosschecked.I think he is right.
Re: SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. by Obamaofusa: 9:04am On Apr 23, 2018
Ofemannnu:

-
to go to a foreign university?
Thank God,you have done your research smiley
Re: SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. by Obamaofusa: 9:08am On Apr 23, 2018
kettykings:
I am still going to start a thread on the educational achievements of the great tribe of Igbo too.
Those are a few educational achievements of the Yorubas.Igbos too have their educational achievements so also are the Hausas and the other tribes.Everybody is important.

1 Like

Re: SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. by kernel507: 9:22am On Apr 23, 2018
Ofemannnu:

-
to go tlo a foreign university?

On the average, Igbos have the highest illiteracy rate in Nigeria at least for now.

Re: SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. by Ritchiee: 9:59am On Apr 23, 2018
kernel507:

On the average, Igbos have the highest illiteracy rate in Nigeria at least for now.
This is interesting.Which year is this?I mean let us see the whole gist.Igbos are going places educationally,that is swell!
Re: SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. by Nigeriadondie: 10:03am On Apr 23, 2018
Obamaofusa:

They have the only University recognised in the world in the SW.A federal university.Made possible by all tribes of course.

Pls,add yours.Thanks.

lalasticlala,mynd44.

undecided In the absence of statistical proof, all u re saying are just from ur deluded imagination. I am quite sure the OP was born in the SW, did pry sch in SW, High sch in SW, poly/uni in SW, would work in SW, marry in SW, retire in SW and die in SW. Thank God for NYSC that takes some of u guys out of your enclave. I am even sure this writer has not even seen River Niger let alone crossing the bridge. Yet they wud seat down to make baseless comparisons denigrating all other tribes. Wake up from your slumber or at least take a trip and see beyond your enclave.
https://guardian.ng/news/despite-decades-of-funding-literacy-level-in-the-northern-states-remains-low/amp

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/download/43

Is it for nothing even in National Common Entrance Imo and Anambra has the highest cut-off mark even far more than d so-called Ekiti fountain of knowledge my foot.
https://naijschools.com/national-common-entrance-examination-2018-cut-off-mark-for-each-state/

In JAMB without argument for over 20 years Imo state has had d highest number of applicants.
Wake up
Re: SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. by kernel507: 10:19am On Apr 23, 2018
Ritchiee:
This is interesting.Which year is this?I mean let us see the whole gist.Igbos are going places educationally,that is swell!

This is cumulative till last year.
Re: SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. by Ritchiee: 10:31am On Apr 23, 2018
kernel507:

Plus,can you help with the link even if it is off?
Re: SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. by Ritchiee: 10:33am On Apr 23, 2018
kernel507:

Pls,can you help with the link even if it is in PDF?
Re: SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. by kernel507: 11:19am On Apr 23, 2018
Ritchiee:

Pls,can you help with the link even if it is in PDF?

https://www.nairaland.com/4465022/buharis-state-second-highest-rate

n.
But when it comes to Medicine, four states have dominated admission trends for at least five years, consistently trouncing the other 32 states and the Federal Capital Territory.
The states are Imo, Anambra, Delta and Enugu.
Between 2011 and 2015, these states had more students gaining admission to study Medicine than any other state, data from the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) show.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/261340-exclusive-jamb-report-reveals-four-nigerian-states-
Re: SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. by Obamaofusa: 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2018
Nigeriadondie:

undecided In the absence of statistical proof, all u re saying are just from ur deluded imagination. I am quite sure the OP was born in the SW, did pry sch in SW, High sch in SW, poly/uni in SW, would work in SW, marry in SW, retire in SW and die in SW. Thank God for NYSC that takes some of u guys out of your enclave. I am even sure this writer has not even seen River Niger let alone crossing the bridge. Yet they wud seat down to make baseless comparisons denigrating all other tribes. Wake up from your slumber or at least take a trip and see beyond your enclave.
https://guardian.ng/news/despite-decades-of-funding-literacy-level-in-the-northern-states-remains-low/amp

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/download/43

Is it for nothing even in National Common Entrance Imo and Anambra has the highest cut-off mark even far more than d so-called Ekiti fountain of knowledge my foot.
https://naijschools.com/national-common-entrance-examination-2018-cut-off-mark-for-each-state/

In JAMB without argument for over 20 years Imo state has had d highest number of applicants.
Wake up

Whatever you think will rock your boat,spill it.It does not diminish facts on ground.Igbos too are educationally endowed but Yorubas achievements speak volumes.My bros,are you saying that those educational achievements can be compared to all what you have posted there when everybody knows that Yorubas have always been the most educated with a lot of laurels in Nigeria,Africa and the world to show for it.
Re: SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. by Obamaofusa: 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2018
kernel507:

These are stats.

Re: SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. by Obamaofusa: 3:42pm On Apr 23, 2018
I am posting them haphazardly.Bear with me. smiley

Imo will almost possibly lead mainly because of the free education that has been going on there for several years now.I give it to the Yorubas who have been leading for a long time and still continue to lead according to these recent stats here.Coupled with their numerous educational achievements,they are the ones to beat.The others have seen that Yorubas got most of their achievements through education and have vowed to catch up with them while the Yorubas are somewhat complacent but to my mind,they still lead. smiley smiley

Re: SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. by Ritchiee: 8:09pm On Apr 23, 2018
Obamaofusa:
I am posting them haphazardly.Bear with me. smiley

Imo will almost possibly lead mainly because of the free education that has been going on there for several years now.I give it to the Yorubas who have been leading for a long time and still continue to lead according to these recent stats here.Coupled with their numerous educational achievements,they are the ones to beat.The others have seen that Yorubas got most of their achievements through education and have vowed to catch up with them while the Yorubas are somewhat complacent but to my mind,they still lead. smiley smiley

With the statistics posted and the world class achievements of the Yorubas in education,I say the sky is the limit only if they will not be satisfied with the meagre lead they have right now.I also believe that Yorubas have the highest number of people schooling abroad who are not caught in the statistics.
For the people with the highest number of professors,this is the stats released by the NUC last year.I trust the Igbo Profs if it were not right,they would have opposed it to the high heavens.

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Guber: Fayose Speaks On Alleged Plan By APC To Rig Election / I Support Amnesty For Boko Haram, Says Tinubu / FLASHBACK: The Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.