Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,960 members, 7,821,381 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Cost Of Building A House In Lekki - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building A House In Lekki (25255 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / What Is The Cost Of Building A 4 Flat House In Ikorodu / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by texasguy1: 4:41pm On Mar 19, 2010
aasog gave me an estimate last year over the internet. when we got to the site, he personally disagree with his own first estimate and i add extra 2.5 mil to it.

@poster stop emailing. write someone like aasog and take him to your site, this is a guy who took a swamp i cant access and turned it to a beautiful mansion for me

@aaasog

stop posting estimate. you are good but sometimes you think you are too sure. just visit the site and then give the client the estimate
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by mexxyaaron(m): 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2010
people in da house let's take it easy.i know how my fellow and learner colleague 700john feels like.we really dont like quacks tarnishing the contrustion profession. i will concur with my fellow Quantity Surveyor that its impossible for the aasog to put up a complete ,structurally fit duplex for 15 million in lekki.just be wise and dont fall for this trick.They will always come for more after getting u to part with an initial amount.thats is how it goes.BE VERY CAREFUL.

PLS REMEMBER THIS PENNY WISE,POUND FOOLISH.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by mexxyaaron(m): 5:03pm On Mar 19, 2010
TO BE ON THE WISE SIDE,JUST GET A PROFESSIONAL QUANTITY SURVEYOR TO PREPARE A FULL COMPLETE CONTRACT DOCUMENT,THEN GIVE IT TO AASOG IF TO SIGN BEFORE COMMENCING ANY THING FOR U,LET HIM PROVIDE A PERFORMANCE BOND FROM A REPUTABLE INSURANCE COMPANY BEFORE U PAY HIM ANYTHING.CONTACT ME FOR MORE ADVISE.

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by ZIMBA(m): 5:09pm On Mar 19, 2010
@ ALL,

LIKE I SAID BEFORE, THERE'S NEED FOR SUBSTANTIATED EVIDENCE THAT ALL THESE STORIES ARE VALID.

FOR ALL WHO ARE ATTESTING TO HAVING BENEFITTED FROM THE SERVICES OF THIS "PROFESSIONAL" COST ESTIMATOR, PLEASE DO US ALL A HUGE FAVOUR BY SENDING US PROGRESS PHOTOS (NOT PHOTOS OF SOMEBODY'S BATHROOM, LET'S SEE YOU OR YOUR WORKMEN ON THE SITE) OF THESE DEVELOPMENT AS WELL AS THEIR RESPECTIVE ADDRESSES, SO WE CAN CONFIRM.

IF YOU SEND THE ADDRESS(ES), I PROMISE TO GO VERIFY THE CLAIMS MYSELF AND REPORT WITHOUT BIAS.

FOR NO REASON SHOULD YOU PATH WITH YOUR MONEY BECAUSE SOMEONE CLAIMS TO HAVE BUILT A HOUSE FOR SOME OTHER PERSON YOU DONT KNOW. AND WE'VE SEEN CASES OF "RENTED TESTIMONIALS", WHERE PEOPLE WILL TESTIFY TO THE VERACITY OF A CLAIM FOR A FEE OR OTHER VESTED INTERESTS.

PLEASE DO THE RIGHT THING. ENGAGE PROFESSIONALS AND START WITH THE ARCHITECTS, QUANTITY SURVEYOR, CIVIL ENGINEER E.T.C.

I SAY AGAIN, LOOK BEFORE YTOU LEAP!!!

DEM NO DEY WRITE "CAVEAT EMPTOR" FOR PERSON FACE O.

GOD BLESS US ALL.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by Busybody2(f): 5:11pm On Mar 19, 2010
Bloody hell, what is it with the immature name calling, slandering aasog's character and addressing the poster like a thicko, who TWICE, mind you, asked for a rough estimate, haba.

And why are you dissenting and bitter haters allowing the OP'S info about the size of his plot (approximately3/4 of a full plot) to go in one ear and come out rightaway like you lot don't have no brain to process this tangible point?

Abeg flame me gently, my second paragraph was an innocent question.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 19, 2010
@texasguy1

You unfairly judged me sir. The estimate is "rough" as long as I havent been to your site. Its not supposed to be conclusive until I visit the proposed land. My apologies for upsetting the professionals in the house, but I stated in the estimate that the OWNER GETS TO DECIDE. He can pay me 15million for SOMETHING SIMPLE, or pay me more for something breath taking.

And did anyone take their time notice hes building on half a plot AND NOT A FULL PLOT?
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by BabaO2: 5:35pm On Mar 19, 2010
@mexxyaaron, 700john et al
aasog of a man a gave comprehensive estimate, even his estimates are higher at some points e.g he quoted cement for #1800, but cement is actually #1400 presently.
can you please give us what he missed out to accommodate your #15000000 difference?.
It is either greed is in your bloods like our typical self in this country or you are not a practicing professional you are claiming to be or you are representing julius begger on government contracts.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by mexxyaaron(m): 5:59pm On Mar 19, 2010
@BABA O,

I CAN CLEAR THAT U ARE SPEAKING FROM A LAY MAN POINT OF VIEW,ITS NOT POSSIBLE THAT U PUT UP A DUPLEX BUILDING IN LEKKI FOR ANY LESS 22-30MILLION.I HAVE SUPERVISED NUMERIOUS BUILDINGS IN THAT AXIS,PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THIS IS NOT PERSONAL,JUST BEING PROFESSIONAL.
UNLESS U WANT A BUILDING THAT WILL START SHOWING STRUCTRAL DEFECTS IN LESS THAN TEN YRS.PLS CHECK OUR COMPANY WEBSITEFOR FUTHER CLARIFICATION.www.seasurveyors.com

ALSO NOTE AM NOT A CONTRACTOR,AM JUST TRYING TO PROTECT SOMEONE FROM GETTING REAP OFF OF HIS HARD EARN CASH.NO HARD FEELINGS MY BROTHER.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by 700john: 6:00pm On Mar 19, 2010
Baba_O:

@mexxyaaron, 700john et al
aasog of a man a gave comprehensive estimate, even his estimates are higher at some points e.g he quoted cement for #1800, but cement is actually #1400 presently.
can you please give us what he missed out to accommodate your #15000000 difference?.
It is either greed is in your bloods like our typical self in this country or you are not a practicing professional you are claiming to be or you are representing julius begger on government contracts.

it's obvious, you are speaking  from the depth of ignorance, say 120m below ground level or so, you are just not technically inclined, please do a market survey for evidence or better still, commit your hard earned money to aasog trust. slim chance brother!
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by host0: 6:05pm On Mar 19, 2010
@Baba-0

Gbam!
I was thinking the samething. I just made some calls after printing out this estimate because of a similar project. I realize that AASOG was charging a little extra for the cement and the transporting of materials down to working site. The cement down here is #1700. Though the same man building for me charged #17,500,000 after comparing aasog estimate he called me back to tell me that 16 million naira  for my own 5 bedroom. I have gained so much from aasog and I will be happy to bring him in when I am starting. I just dont know why some people wanted the guy to write 100,000 naira for building a 5 bedroom duplex. Shame on these greedy bunch. Not everyone in Lekki got there naira through stealing angry
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by dplordx(m): 6:55pm On Mar 19, 2010
@aasog

your not picking your calls.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by thirdeye(m): 7:39pm On Mar 19, 2010
I think is not proper to call anybody names here, aasog is right to his own understanding and his line of profession, for a builder/architect/engineer to forward an estimate to you, it will look more like the estimate aasog gave which I also do but unfortunately this estimates are inconclusive like the one a quantity surveyor will give you which will cover sundry and the most unexpected expenses (imagine paying omo onile alone 1million naira, imagine filling part of the road leading to ur site e.t.c) The place in question is generally seen to be of weak soil now consider feeling your site over 1million again. A building professional will always concentrate on estimating what will bring the carcass of the building to what you people termed habitable.
Let me give u an example--A twin duplex I am involved in has 2 major problem, is swampy and is on a low level to the road, after taking the level we had no choice but to increase the height of the raft to 5 boards most of the other buildings around the same area are below the road and you have to throw water to d front, virtually all buildings around are suffering from differential settlement none is standing straight, this and many more challenges you'll meet as you go from one site to the other in your professional life. The carpentary work alone cost 1 million plus, the bracing is unlike what you do on ordinary sand. Now which advice will you give for the type of reinforcements you'll have there? the project to dpc level cost 8million plus (this sum was not inflated, now imagine if I have to add profit to it). Don't want to scare prospective lekkittes but the truth must be told u'll spend 30million by the time you are moving in.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by segcymoor(m): 8:21pm On Mar 23, 2010
I am Architect too with wealth of xperience in Builing industry. u see, this aasog dont sound like quack but i am afraid he doest think clealy before he mention 15m. if u ask me that figure can hardly do to plastering level because i'm handling a 6 bedrm duplex @ Ajah and We are starting roofing tommorow. I know d amt I ve spent so far. Anyway, u can't blame him because he does not claim to be QS but just Builder. He guess base on his xperiece and got it but absolutely wrong.May be he has special methodto do that,
However, he has entitled to his opinion so pls it's unfair to regard him as quack
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by orin1981(m): 11:05pm On Mar 23, 2010
i am an experienced quantity surveyor and i stay down in ajah where i have worked on several properties. i believe 17 million naira will build this structure on half a plot of land to a fine taste though 15million will build something very modest with simple finishing. i can volunteer a complete breakdown myself. i agree with aasog quotation, the only problem is that it is too decent and the house will be plane and it wont have the necessary things that characterize ajah properties. i mean the flash.
for those calling him names, i think it is naive of them. the best you can do is prove him wrong by quoting a much more comprehensive estimate or analyze your inflated 30 million etc. like i said, i agree with him, but the house will probably be something so simple and plain. i can prove my own 17million estimate like he has clearly proved his 15million which seems almost accurate except for the fact that he's not a quantity surveyor.
You can write me here to get your estimate or quote: mmeehan72@yahoo.com
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by lionness(f): 10:39am On May 05, 2010
can aasog please email me the total cost of building a duplex? i want it down in okun ajah.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by larimo(m): 11:15am On May 05, 2010
segcy.moor:

I am Architect too with wealth of xperience in Builing industry. u see, this aasog dont sound like quack but i am afraid he doest think clealy before he mention 15m. if u ask me that figure can hardly do to plastering level because i'm handling a 6 bedrm duplex @ Ajah and We are starting roofing tommorow. I know d amt I ve spent so far. Anyway, u can't blame him because he does not claim to be QS but just Builder. He guess base on his xperiece and got it but absolutely wrong.May be he has special methodto do that,
However, he has entitled to his opinion so pls it's unfair to regard him as quack

haba! your comments are harsh and out of place, u as a 'builder' should know that your building is NOT a reference for building in Ajah or anywhere else. There are many factors involved in building. Please make professional comments and stick to the subject.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by Coverdales: 10:53am On Apr 03, 2012
I don't understand why are people trying to crucify aasog for his words. Clearly none of us has been to the site in question except the owner to really judge or give the right estimate. But what aasog did was give a rough estimate based on his own experiences on building in the area and he does mention that the said amount will only get a modest house.

Moreso, aasog might have his own special way of sourcing for materials and getting them to site on a cheaper rate than some other builders.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by gtrust: 2:29pm On Apr 03, 2012
Chei!!!

See how people are fighting someone (aasog) who said the truth :oChei!!!

Spyder008 did a beautiful 6 bed detached in Enugu for less than 5 million naira
in 2012. So you have another 10 million naira to 'compensate' for the Lekki location.

Some greedy people prefer 15 million profit and more!

We Thank God for people like Spyder008 etc who have 'opened people's eyes'
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by Coverdales: 9:18pm On May 02, 2012
This actually the best looking kitchen have seen on here, simple and beautiful, the upper cupboards are not miles away from the work top.... Good job
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by shegunwilliams9: 2:01pm On May 12, 2012
Hello people and naija man.....i would realLy like your help on this matter as i have been stuck abroad for the past 15 years. Now i would like to go to Nigeria but got no home there and cant stay with friends,So i want to build a 2 bedroom bungalow/house with one bathroom and a garage. I have a plot of land ready at Orofun village eleko/lekki road and the building will be something like this on the link below....Can you please advise me on the cost estimate to complete such and the time period.....and any good builder for contact......Thanks a lot.

http://www.thehousedesigners.com/plan/the-rollen-1809/

Main Floor Plan:
M
Stories: 1
Total Living Area: 1234 Sq. Ft.
First Floor: 1234 Sq. Ft.
Bedrooms: 2
Full Baths: 1
Width: 35 Ft. Depth: 55 Ft.
Garage Size: 2
Foundation: Basement

GENERAL HOUSE INFORMATION
Number of Stories: 1
Width: 35' 0"
Depth: 55' 0"
Dwelling Number: Single
EXTERIOR STYLE

NUMBERS OF ROOMS
FINISHED SQUARE FOOTAGE
Main Level: 1234 Sq. Ft.
Total: 1234 Sq. Ft.
GARAGE
Garage Type:
Garage Size: 2

FOUNDATION
Basement
FRAMING INFORMATION
Roof Framing: Combination
Exterior Wall Framing: 2x4
INSULATION (R)
Per IRC Climate Zones

THE SECOND OPTION HOUSE IS ON LINK AND AS BELOW

http://www.thehousedesigners.com/plan/the-athabasca-1408/

Stories: 1
Total Living Area: 1175 Sq. Ft.
First Floor: 1175 Sq. Ft.
Bonus: 662 Sq. Ft.
Width: 28 Ft. Depth: 42 Ft.
Garage Size: 1
Foundation: Basement, Crawl Spac
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by zogo(m): 2:19pm On May 12, 2012
You NEED or HAVE Properties in Enugu State for Port Harcourt city and its environ for; LEASE, SALE, BUY, LET? You have properties you want us to take full management and control of property even while you're not in that location? We gurantee you of our professional and latest services. Call or come to our office:

Gideon Ele & Co.

(Real Estate Consultants, Managers, Developers, Architects Etc.)
15 Ebonyi/oroazi Road,
Port Harcourt.
+2348188573805, +2347063249904
gideonele@yahoo.com
View few of our properties here: www.legitassets..com

Follow/Like us on facebook: www.facebook.com/gideonele
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by kikeige: 6:11am On May 14, 2012
@ aasog

Do you mind posting the phone number of the people who did the kitchen cabinets and the bathroom on this post?
I will gladly use them for my duplex project that is at the finishing stage now. Please,kindly reply here (for the benefit of others) or to my e-mail address shawlar_0@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by Maca411: 12:05am On Jul 03, 2012
Roofing

---
AMERICAN FIBREGLASS ROOFING SHINGLES FROM PABCO IS NOW AVAILABLE IN NIGERIA - LAGOS and ABUJA

Best in Roofing.
http://www.pabcoroofing.com/pabco_premier_laminated_shingles.html

American Fibreglass Shingles are already the top roofing product in Ghana. It is also
becoming popular in Nigeria, especially in Abuja, Lagos, etc. We expect it to become the
leading top of the line roofing product here in Nigeria as it has done in Ghana.

Roofing Supply Group of Nigeria:
We provide Excellent Guidance to: Roof Style, Structural work, Architecture and Top Class finishing,
Best in class Technical Expertise.
We supply Pabco Fibreglass shingles in Nigeria and West Africa.

Distributors are needed in Nigeria.

Contractors, Architects, Builders, and Distributors can contact us
with our contact information is below.

Roofing Supply Group of Nigeria
Office in Lagos
Phone: 08038276676
---

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by dagreen14: 12:40am On Sep 09, 2012
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by cleric(m): 4:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
@ OP,How much did u finally spend? I am curious to know who was right after so many name calling. grin
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by csiworksnig(f): 1:43am On Aug 13, 2014
we supply silk paints of popular american brands of Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams for as low as 20k for 25litres and 4k for 4litres

these paints have an average coverage of 16m2 per litre on a regular wall and its available in any colour upon request.

CONTACT
08028540261, 08093577005
email: csiworksnig@gmail.com
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by DiroiD(m): 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
We are into construction of roads, drainage, paving tones, buildings in lekki, mainland and every part of lagos, ibadan, ogun and every part of nigeria... We shall do estimate based on the soil conditions and area. Pls call engr Ola on 07057255428 for further enquiry... Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Young Man Laments As Flood Carries Away His Properties In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Please What Is The Recommended Soak Away Size For A Small Bungalow / I Need Quotation For Plumbing And Wiring For Three Bedroom And Two Selfcontain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.