Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Cost Of Building A House In Lekki - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building A House In Lekki (25236 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / What Is The Cost Of Building A 4 Flat House In Ikorodu / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by Adysco: 10:57am On Mar 17, 2010
Does anyone have recent building experience of how much it will cost to complete a 5 bedroom detached duplex in Lekki?
Average plot size 450sqm.
Thanks
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by bamidele6: 11:56am On Mar 17, 2010
hellow sir,
i'm architect festus bamidele ayodeji, i ve earlier saw your poster but in different format. the basic fact is that, ve you done your design, because is the major channel to realised your actual cost. thanks bamidele.with this no one would give you the real figure
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by Adysco: 12:33pm On Mar 17, 2010
Just a rough estimate will do for budgeting purposes.
Thanks
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by bamidele6: 4:07pm On Mar 17, 2010
make your budget to be wthin 16m-20m
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 17, 2010
[b]I believe 15 million naira will get the entire project done since the whole project will be on a land thats just some sqmtr larger than half a plot of land.
You can write me so I can share some 5 bedroom duplex plan with you and get some plan designed and done on the office ArchiCAD for you.
Adeyemi Tunde
A'ASOG Nig Ltd.
Construction, Architecture

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by Adysco: 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2010
Pls send ideas or suggestions to Adysco@rocketmail.com.
Thanks
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by thirdeye(m): 11:51pm On Mar 17, 2010
If you must know you won't spend anything less than N30million.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 18, 2010
[b]@thirdeye

You missed this Sir:

I believe if its 648 sq mtr then we are talking about 2 units of 5 bedroom duplex. And that multiply the cost.
Raft foundation shouldnt go beyond 3 million.
Masonry work will gulp 2.5
the rooms wont be more than 11X11ft because of the sparse land since there has to be an extra 14 ft free, (10 ft in the front for the parking space), the remaining at the backyard.
And that leaves the decking and extra masonry above to gulp about 5 million.
The remaining 5 million will get the roofing, furnishing, and utilities done.
I have done 2 of this, one in Aradagun, Badagry, and in Ijeshatedo.
The house will be structural superb, though it wont be too flashy. Finishing can gulp a hundred million naira.
An original Israeli or Malaysian made and non-ibo made bullet proof door cost nothing less than #200,000 and titanium POP will eat up about 15 million naira.
Finishing is key. It can be presidential or simple. The home owner decides. Give me 15 million, I will give you keys to a stunning 5 bedroom duplex within 6 months.
Give me 30 million, there will be an immense difference[/b]

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 18, 2010
Bia,
Aasog,You seem to know your onions well.
How much do you think a 4 bedroom duplex in Isheri Magod area will cost.Simple design but with quality materials.
Biko,I need this urgently to start planning on how much funding I require.I know its not that easy but sometihing I need to start planning with.

Thankks
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by Echidime(m): 5:12pm On Mar 18, 2010
@the poster: Have you not heard, your still planing to build a house in lekki, are you from Lagos state or are you a yoruba? if not have a rethink cos abuja will be the first city to fall, as we shall not allow a single building to remain standing, the reason been that abuja was a desert and oil from the south is what gives birth to abuja.

No matter what any animal thinks, abuja shall fall, the muslims think they have won by building abuja,why didn't they call for division when there was no abuja?

Why didn't they call for division when the had not found little oil and Gold in the north?

Just wait and see, enough of all these nonsence,anyone can become a terrorist and did to abuja what they did to New york 9/11

Now that Ebele Jonathan is in power, the north knows that he is going to contest next years elections, and that power can't reach them again at least for the next 30 to 50 years, thats why they are killing people in jos to distract jonathan,and ask their wise brother Gaddafi to call for division.

We can now see that the north are not man enough to call for division but ask gaddafi to do it for them.

Where are their generals? IBB'S,ABUBAKAR'S, ATIKU'S, BUHARI'S?

They have lost out, still going to lose more,palestinians war with isreal will be called compassionate and paradise war to compare to what we shall do them this time around.

North and Yoruba, with other part of Nigeria fought the ibo's in 1967 to 1970 three solid good years of war, yet there were unable to win till they have to ask cameroun for help by closing the border so food don't come into calabar seaport,yet they still use calabar land BAKASI as compensation to Elhadji Ahidjo the then president of cameroun, and now they have our Bakasi.

Just ibo's the entire nation could not win for three years, and that was then, now we are already producing our nuclear weapon capable of reaching all part of the country when fired from the east, remember we produce all the amonition we use during the war, Oh May God help them to start another war.

After this Cameroun will smell our wrath over Bakasi and their role during Nigerian biafran war in 1967 to 1970
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by bodsibobo(m): 5:16pm On Mar 18, 2010
@ aasog,

NGN3M for raft foundation at Lekki, really? please send details to me for twin duplex 3 bed upstairs with 1 down stairs, all en-suite with double lock up garages each. ola.oh_la_la@yahoo.com, thereafter we can arrange meeting.

Thanks
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by thirdeye(m): 5:44pm On Mar 18, 2010
@aasog, ok o, I heard u, we pray God will give Adysco the strength to build so he can be able to give us a firsthand information after he must have finished the project. grin grin
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by omuaran: 5:57pm On Mar 18, 2010
Please indicate where you want the house built and what building materials you prefer.
Do you want a boat house or one on terra firma?
Do you want a mud house, a wood house, a brick house or a reinforced concrete house with steel bars on all windows and doors to keep out those who would come take what you got?
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 18, 2010
omuaran:

Please indicate where you want the house built and what building materials you prefer.
Do you want a boat house or one on terra firma?
Do you want a mud house, a wood house, a brick house or a reinforced concrete house with steel bars on all windows and doors to keep out those who would come take what you got?

Sounds like a maximum security prison. undecided
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by bawomolo(m): 7:52pm On Mar 18, 2010
An original Israeli or Malaysian made and non-ibo made bullet proof door cost

ha wahala dey o. ibo made? only in naija
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by larimo(m): 8:35pm On Mar 18, 2010
Adysco:

Does anyone have recent building experience of how much it will cost to complete a 5 bedroom detached duplex in Lekki?
Thanks

the estimates given here maybe very correct and maybe very wrong. lekki is huge and the conditions are not the same everywhere. i am currently building and I know some of these things. an estimate unattached to a plan doesnt really make sense. to avoid a shock, i suggest some things:

- do a survey if u haven't done one yet
- get all arch drawings first. its the starting point. it costs 'nothing' compared to the project itself.
- take the architect and the structural engineer to the site! very important!!! the soil is not the same everywhere in lekki, hence not d same cost for foundation.
- get all other drawings - structural, mech and electrical, etc
- get a quantity surveyor to give u an estimate based on the drawings. tell him its not a govt contract too grin. seek more opinions where possible.
- get someone to help u understand the drawings as best as possible. its very good for you.
- get a builder, get a contract. pray to God to give u someone trustworthy you can rely on even when you sleep.

i have learnt that in almost every task, there is a minimum requirement and a maximum one, hence an influence on the budget. you can send me your email address, so i sent you some information based on my own little experience. God help you.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by ZIMBA(m): 8:54pm On Mar 18, 2010
AT ALL CONCERNED:

IT IS MY VIEW THAT YOUR QUESTION IS BOTH OPEN ENDED, VAGUE AND MAY LEAD YOU INTO TROUBLED WATERS.

YOUR QUESTION IS AS IF I COME TO AS YOU FOR THE "COST OF BUYING A CAR IN BALTIMORE"
UNLESS SPECIFICS OF THE PROPERTY ARE KNOWN (THIS WILL INCLUDE THE TYPE, SIZE OF BUILDING AND OTHER DETAILS OF THE BUILDING, SOIL BEARING CAPACITY, E.T.C)

ALL THESE FACTORS WILL GREATLY AFFECT THE COST OF YOUR BUILDING. SO DONT EVER LET ANYBODY TELL YOU VAGUELY AN AMOUNT THAT WILL BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE
IF YOU DO, YOU MIGHT JUST BE EMBARKING ON THE COMMENCEMENT OF ANOTHER "WHITE ELEPHANT PROJECT" OR WHERE YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO COMPLETE IT, YOU WOULD BE SPENDING MONEY MEANT FOR SOME OTHER PROJECTS ON THE BUILDING OF A HOUSE.

VISIT LEKKI AND SEE THE SEA OF UNCOMPLETED BUILDINGS THERE, YOU'LL APPRECIATE WHAT I'M SAYING.

I'M NOT SAYING SOME OF THE PEOPLE WHO SAID IT WILL COST X,Y,Z AMOUNT ARE FRAUDS BUT I AM A PROFESSIONAL AND I DONT INTEND FOR ANYBODY TO GET INTO TROUBLE BECAUSE THEY BASED THEIR FINANCIAL DECISIONS ON VAGUES GUESTIMATES.

PLEASE DONT PATH WITH YOUR MONEY UNLESS YOU HAVE UNDISPUTABLE EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THE ACTUALISATION OF YOUR PROPOSAL.

IF YOU DESIRE TO BUILD A HOUSE, START BY KNOWING THE CRITICAL DETAILS OF THE HOUSE AND THE LAND ON WHICH YOU INTEND TO BUILD.

PLEASE LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP!!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by utotomi50(m): 11:02pm On Mar 18, 2010
I'd say a minimum of between 4million to 30million
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 19, 2010
[b]@ZIMBA

You got that right sir. Nigerian engineers dont go the extra mile and get Courses in Construction and Project Management. If you dont know these, those suppliers and Iron Benders, Welders, Masons, Carpenters wont drive you mad and make you appear like a fool most of the time. Many are very talented by are not good when it comes to Construction and Sight Management. Now adays, you dont just need a degree in Civil Engineering, but also detailed knowledge on how to handle the financial and project implementation, especially down here in Nigeria.

Anyways, here's a straight breakdown of what I was saying for a unit of 5 bedroom duplex on a 450sqm land:

Level 1: General Construction:
Foundation/ DPC (Damp Proof Course) Extension to 4 boards outline. Wall extension and reinforcement. German Floor of DPC, Cutting of 16 mm for the pillars/reinforcement, and setting of 9x9 blocks.

Materials: 120 pieces of 2X6 @ #900 per 1 = #90,000
50 pieces of 1x12 @ #500 per 1 = #25,000
2 bags of 4 inches nails @ 5k per bag = #10,000
About 7 Kilogram of 3 inches nails = #4,000
3 tonnes of 16mm @ #150k per tonne = #450,000
Transportation = #50,000
3 trucks of 20 tonnes Granite @ 120,000 per 1 = #360,000
3 trucks of Sharp Sand (20 tonnes) per 1 @ #40,000 = #120,000
50 bags of Dangote Cement @ #1800 per 1 = #90,000

S&A (Supervision and Administration by Engineers plus the cost of Concrete labor and Iron Bending with rough carpentry) shouldnt exceed #500,000
Add that up Sir, that gives you = #1,719,000

The filling/laterite will depend on the water level of the place, on a full plot, it will be larger. And on a half plot, by the time we throw a laterite worth #200,000, we will have a solid DPC (Damp Proof Course), sitting. A solidly built DPC can take as much as 4 to 5 story building. And thats the hardest thing to accomplish when building.

Level 2: Is just Brick works. Its the easiest part of construction, but must be handled by professionals and 9x9 blocks are highly recommended.
4000 Blocks @ #150,000 = #600,000
300 bags of Dangote Cement @ #180 per 1 = #540,000
120 pieces of 2X6 @ #900 per 1 = #90,000
2 bags of 4 inches nail @ 5k per bag = #10,000
1/2 bag of 3 inches @ #5000
3 trucks of 20 tonnes Granite @ 120,000 per 1 = #360,000
6 trucks of Sharp Sand (20 tonnes) per 1 @ #40,000 = #240,000
2 trucks of Sharp Sand @ #30,000 per truck = #60,000 (Bricklayers require a special sand called Dagoblu. It gives the sharp sand and cement a stickier tint)
2 tonnes of 16mm steel @ #150k per 1 = #300,000
12 dozens of Iron Mesh for DPC German floor @ #20,000 per 1 = #240,000

S&A and Labor comes down to #600,000 (Note we wont be buying any further wood but only nails since we have purchased enough woods for the ground floor work. Abara woods are perfect. They can be used on 2 different construction site if well preserved.)

Total = #3,290,000

Level 3: Decking/Upper Floor Bricklaying: Will all depend if you want an ordinarily decking or a decking with conical, domical, spiral, etc. The more the designs you desire on your decking, the more its likely to leave the 2-3 million Naira range. But a simple decking for a project like this wont go beyond 2.5 million naira.
For the bricklaying part, we will repeat the samething and same spending expenses, though the price this time will be a little more because labor will charge you extra for the hard task of carrying materials up and down. For both the decking and the extension, the expenses shouldnt go beyond #5.7m

Level 4: Roofing largely depends on taste. We have different designs: Onduvilla *extremely fanciful and light and made from aluminium* Step Tiles. Clays/Bricks/shingles. Aluminium. I am sure Ajah residents have abandoned the idea of building with slates. I havent seen any house with such roofing materials for a very long time. The most expensive roofing materials is the clay shingles. Always noticeable, but extremely costly, and it requires loads of reinforcement because of its heavy weight.

Level 5: Finishing: Has a lot to do with how you want it. It can be moderate or luxurious. And it usually includes: Italian POP ceiling, Burglary proof, window nets, inside wroght iron/aluminium balcony (3.5 gauges), toilets, sinks, faucets, security house, tiles, plumbing, electrical work, window fenestration, plastering, rigging of electrical poles, etc. 6X6X6 ft Sanitary Sewers slabs and setting. Borehole works with installation of German M&K Submersible pumping machine. Painting. And transportation of materials to working site. 4 million naira will get the most expensive roofing done for your home with moderate finishing.

So far so good, I havent gone beyond #14,700,900

If you want a quote you can drop me an email here: adetund19@yahoo.com I wish I could explain better, gotta go to work![/b]

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 19, 2010
The luxury cant be more than the below moderate ones

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by mexxyaaron(m): 9:15am On Mar 19, 2010
Hell sir,
i'm emeka and a quantity surveyor/project manager,i saw ur post regarding the cost of building a 5 bedroom duplex in lekki and i want to tell u from expereince that u won't spend anything less than 30 million subject to Architectural,structural,mechanical & electrical drawings.I really wont want u to get into trouble of any sort because the architect sayihg that he can put up that building at 15millionis unrealistic with his fugure for a duplex in lekki;i'm of the opinion that his estimate was based on the Bungalow that was posted by him.i have attached a bill of quantities for a similar 5 rooms detacted building in lekki area to back myself up.i have handled several residential and luxury flats (as a consultant cost adviser/project manager for over 6 years)within lekki and i'm quite familiar with the site condition as it affect the building cost.Kindly check www.seasurveyors.com for further information.

i can be reached on these numbers 08063964630,08020822284,07025043029 or mexxy3a@yahoo.com and emeka3a@yahoo.com for furher clarification.

thank you.

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by Emperoh(m): 9:16am On Mar 19, 2010
Aasog

This is extremely professional and spot on. . . . .i like seeing people who know their onions and are honest!
Hope to contact you soon for a project. . . .cheers!!
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by browncocos(f): 9:40am On Mar 19, 2010
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 19, 2010
This is such a funny trend. Honestly, I have paid my dues in Lekki to Ajah axis. Trust me when I say its not that simple.

Lekki is not as simple as you guys are making it look like.

The most annoying thing is that there are losts of annoying abandoned projects on the island. The general complain is ''I was told it will cost XX, I have spent XX and yet the work is far from where I expected.

I wish I had the time to elaborate. There are lots of people even in nairaland here who have had such bitter experiences(I wouldn't mention their names but I wish they will respond to this trend).

My professional advice: It is better to start and finish a bungalow, than to start and abandon a duplex. Dont just jump at prices because they cheap, always read in between the lines.

@ poster
If you are considering a bungalow, make sure you have between 8 to 10million from start to habitability.
If you are considering building a duplex, Make sure you have between 20 to 22million from start to habitability. Anything less than that is a mirage.
I always suggest you have a semi-detached for your first house. That way, its not just a house, its also an investment.

Factors that might make a contractor not familiar with lekki-Ajah construction abandon your project because his estimate can no longer do the job;
1) High cost of construction
2) High cost of materials e.g someone quoted 30,000 for a trip of 20 tonnes sand. My brother, you're never going to get a 20 tonne trip of sand for less than 70k here. Imagine that difference
3) Settlement
4) Omo - Onile ( If not in a gated estate). Note, they have a funny way of dividing it so you wont know
5) Developmental fees usually between 1 to 2 million(If in a gated estate). Note, they have a funny way of dividing it so you wont know
6) Special jobs; This varies in different areas. For instance, site clearing that might cost you like 60,000; One family will say its is their ancestral right to clear the land, and you have to pay like 330k
7) Sand filling( the building and the compound)
cool 70% of lekki gets eroded during the rainy season, so you need to spend some extra cash to raise not only you building, but the entire site above the road level.

A good contractor should take care of all these without disturbing the client so as to get a good bargain.

Note; I have not included land documentation and building approval fees.

Conclusion; I believe the poster didnt ask for the cost of building a house, he wants to know the cost of building in lekki. This implies that he already espects that if a house cost 10 naira in other places, it will cost about 13naira or more in lekki. the funniest part of it all is that it is even cheaper to build in IKOYI and VI than in lekki and Ajah. Its just that people do not build simple houses in those areas. You hardly find pple on NL saying I want to build in Ikoyi or VI.

Cheers y'all

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by mexxyaaron(m): 10:47am On Mar 19, 2010
Pls find attached the cv of the company that am presently working for at the moment for ur perusal.pls be very careful not to fall into the trap of quacks who claim to do all only for them to lure u into committing u to part with your hard earn money only for them to come by back asking for more money.Why do u think we have many abandon projects around.PLS NOTE AM NOT A CONTRACTOR BUT I CAN ASSIST U IN PICKING A QUALIFIED AND RELIABLE,LOCAL AND AFFORDABLE CONTRACTORS FOR UR CONSTRUCTION WORK FOR A REASONABLE/NEGOTIABLE FEES.AT LEAST U WILL BE GETTING VALUE FOR UR HARD EARN MONEY.CALL EMEKA 08063964630,08020822284,07025043029.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by mexxyaaron(m): 11:11am On Mar 19, 2010
cant upload it now,i send it to ur email address
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by tolummie: 11:57am On Mar 19, 2010
i've gone through the responses on the cost of building a 5 bedroom detached dulex as requested.i want to advice the client to desist from any quack contractor or 'swindlers' who are not in tandem with the client's objectives of achieving the trio of cost,time and functionality.What dictates the cost of a project go beyond somebody just coming up with a ridiculous figure.Lekki's projects are known to be on the high side considering the soil condition and the utilities.

i want to assume that the 15million figure given by one of the respondents is for the Bungalow (elevations shown above) OR as part of the usual gimmicks of some contractors to commit or lure the client to embark on a project, only for the client to realise at a later date that the initial cost given by the contractor has been exceeded;this accounts for majority of abandon projects and cost overrun which often lead to clients being dissastisfied.

i will agree with the opinion of some of the respondents such as the Quantity Surveyor (mexxyaaron),designs,Larimo and Thurdeye.
The most appropriate thing to do is get an Architect,structural engineer for your designs and a Quantity surveyor to give you an estimate or Bill of Quantities so as to determine the cost of your 5 bedroom detached duplex taking into consideration all the factors identified by the preceeding respondents.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by Tunde20197: 2:39pm On Mar 19, 2010
@ dysco i live on lekki axis and i think a can tell you a little bout construction on that that axis, am also a contractor with loads of experience{ construction management background}-: advice no. 1 forget bout rough estimate.
Do your design , no matter how sketchy they are. just like larimo, design 5 and mexxyaron said, you can then decide what method of construction you intend to use. if you do things properly u wont regret & u will even safe so much money, it will suprise you.
If you need more info feel free to call or maill me
adedapojohn@yahoo.com
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by dplordx(m): 2:41pm On Mar 19, 2010
the same aasog guy called tunde adeyemi is handling my project in sangotedo.i proposed he builds a 5 bedroom duplex on half plot and a 2 units of one storey 2 bedroom flat on the otherside.thoug we dont have enough parking space in the house but the house is now at the lintel level after spending 8 million according to the estamate he submit in december.i will vouch for him anytime thoug i wish his office is not in agbado cool
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by 700john: 3:44pm On Mar 19, 2010
it is completely preposterous and unthinkable to be shooting building cost without paying particular attention to salient factors like design, zonal rate, communal trend and all that. am a practicing quantity surveyor and i can bet my life that with the false cooked figures declared by "aasog" you will only succeed in better positioned trouble- palava.
the guy is just punching calculator no technical backing in fact that guy must be a quack , please check up
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by larimo(m): 4:09pm On Mar 19, 2010
i don't think its appropriate to call anyone names based on their suggestions. Everyone is entitled to his/her proper opinions/positions.

I have learnt good stuff from threads like this amidst varied opinions and I am sure that the poster will do his homework too.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Lekki by 9icest: 4:27pm On Mar 19, 2010
@700john

Aasog is building for a friend of mine who is currently in the UK. The finishing is been done right now in Ajegunle, lag. i go to the site like twice every month and no matter when i get there,i feel relaxed that he has given the job to the right person.though the estimate thing cant be perfect because on one occasion fashola boys came from the town planning and my friend had to send me #100k which he used in getting some little settlement done.that is not the problem of a builder.thats supposed to be in the mind of the owner.though assog charge expensively but gets the job done nevertheless because hes sincere.call him a caculator puncher thats your wahala atleast give your own estimate first before you rubbish someone who has done several successfully.he has convinced me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX In DIAMOND ESTATE 60M / Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.