Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force (1768 Views)

Osinbajo: Buhari Government Facing Unprecedented Challenge / Why Ex-EFCC Chairman Lamorde Wasn’t Promoted DIG / Breaking:- Compol Ibrahim Lamorde Assumed Office At Psfu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 30, 2017
Do you know?

The immediate past Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Lamorde, who was accused of corruption by the Senate, removed from office unceremoniously and declared wanted is now the Commissioner of Police in charge of the Special Fraud Unit (SFU), Ikoyi, Lagos.

Lamorde ran abroad to avoid appearing before the Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions to respond to frightening allegations of corruption against him. I am surprised that nobody is talking about the case against him again.

A confident Lamorde recently organised a wedding for his daughter in Abuja, with top Nigerians in attendance.
Faces at the wedding party revealed that a large number of active politicians during Lamorde’s phoney anti-corruption war years are indeed his friends.

Many of them were on ground to clink glasses with the former anti-corruption agency boss.

The list included former governor of Kogi State, Ibrahim Idris; former deputy President of the Senate, Ibrahim Mantu; Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal of Sokoto State; former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Ghali Na’aba; Senator Andy Ubah and Senator Godswill Akpabio.

Well, it seems the Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions is still unaware that Lamorde is back in the country. Perhaps, the pictures from the wedding will wake the committee from its slumber. Last year, it issued the warrant of arrest on Lamorde for refusing to appear before it. The 11-man committee investigated allegations of financial crimes and corruption brought against the former EFCC boss by Dr. George Uboh, a human rights activist. Chairman of the Investigative Committee, Samuel Anyanwu admitted that the petition against Lamorde was weighty.

Senator Anyanwu reeled out Uboh’s allegations against Lamorde to include:

1. That EFCC operates accounts in banks to warehouse recovered funds which do not reflect in EFCC’s audited account;

2. that the EFCC doctors and manipulates bank accounts to conceal diversion of funds;

3. that the EFCC releases recovered funds to unidentified persons and EFCC officials;

4. that EFCC moves fund from its recovery accounts to EFCC operations account from where it diverts same;

5. that over 95 percent of EFCC recoveries in foreign currencies, other than those from multi-national companies, had been diverted; that EFCC trades with recovered funds through bank deposits and placements;

6. that EFCC colludes with real estate companies in order to grossly undervalue seized assets before they are sold to their cronies;

7. that EFCC has not accounted for offshore recoveries and that over half of the assets seized from suspects were not reflected in EFCC exhibit records.

These are indeed hefty allegations. Now that Lamorde is back in the country, he must account for his EFCC years.

I hope the Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions will take urgent steps to apprehend him.

Now, Is President Buhari really fighting corruption?

Source: Oriental Times​

Re: Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by Paperwhite(m): 9:34am On Oct 30, 2017
Government of absolute impunity."I will phyt kwarrapton"government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:37am On Oct 30, 2017
Special Fraud Unit is a formation within the Police Force and not EFCC.

Secondly, Lamorde wasn't removed from office by the Senate.. He was replaced by Buhari in November 2015 having served out his required 4 years tenure. He was appointed in Acting capacity on November 23, 2011 and confirmed on February 2012. His tenure was to elapse February 2016, but in line with Civil Service practice, he was asked to proceed on 3 months leave ahead of time.

We should avoid tarnishing the careers of civil servants unjustly

(Modified)

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Secondly, Lamorde wasn't removed from office by the Senate.. He was replaced by Buhari in November 2015 having served out his required 4 years tenure (November 2011- 2015) as enshrined in EFCC ACT.

he was never removed by bubu. He ran away after he was declared wanted by the Senate
Re: Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by yaki84: 9:44am On Oct 30, 2017
e dey like say bubu dey use catapult dey fight kwarapshun.......

At this juncture, permit me to bid farewell to kwarapshun fight by this administration.
Re: Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Secondly, Lamorde wasn't removed from office by the Senate.. He was replaced by Buhari in November 2015 having served out his required 4 years tenure (November 2011- 2015) as enshrined in EFCC ACT.

Are you now campaigning for Lamorde to be the next President? Just a harmless question grin
Re: Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:53am On Oct 30, 2017
DABMarkNig2019:

he was never removed by bubu. He ran away after he was declared wanted by the Senate
You need to get used to Google

President Muhammadu Buhari has fired the chairman of the anti-graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Lamorde.

Mr. Lamorde, a police officer, was removed Monday, four years after he took over as chairman of the agency.

He worked earlier as the director of operations before he was appointed head by former President Goodluck Jonathan on November 23, 2011, after former chairperson, Farida Waziri, was removed.

Presidential spokesperson, Femi Adesina, told PREMIUM TIMES Mr. Lamorde “was not sacked”, but that he was only proceeding on terminal leave ahead of the expiration of his tenure in February 2016.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/192917-updated-buhari-removes-efcc-chairman-ibrahim-lamorde-appoints-replacement.html
Re: Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
You need to get used to Google

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/192917-updated-buhari-removes-efcc-chairman-ibrahim-lamorde-appoints-replacement.html
well, there are many sides to that coin. what me know is that he ran away before the presidency issued that statement. He was due to appear before a senate committee only for him to run away. Larmode used part of the recovered loot to fund bubus campaign in 2015
Re: Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:04am On Oct 30, 2017
DABMarkNig2019:

well, there are many sides to that coin. what me know is that he ran away before the presidency issued that statement. He was due to appear before a senate committee only for him to run away. Larmode used part of the recovered loot to fund bubus campaign in 2015
Where are you getting your information from? You keep misfiring...

Lamorde served between Nov 2011 and Nov 2015, that is greater part was Jonathan's era. If you say he sponsored Buhari campaign, then why wasn't he given a second tenure as EFCC Chairman or promoted to Assistant Inspector General of Police since 2015 when some of his juniors are already AIGs and CPs?

He was simply asked to proceed on 3 months leave, upon return he was returned to the Special Fraud Unit as Commissioner where he was before his secondment to EFCC.

Some tarnishing the image of a policeman simply because you want to nail the ruling government.
Re: Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Where are you getting your information from? You keep misfiring...

Lamorde served between Nov 2011 and Nov 2015, that is greater part was Jonathan's era. If you say he sponsored Buhari campaign, then why wasn't he given a second tenure as EFCC Chairman or promoted to Assistant Inspector General of Police since 2015 when some of his juniors are already AIGs and CPs?

He was simply asked to proceed on 3 months leave, upon return he was returned to the Special Fraud Unit as Commissioner where he was before his secondment to EFCC.

Some tarnishing the image of a policeman simply because you want to nail the ruling government.
maybe you work for the presidency who knows? A man who was alleged to have fled to one of the west Africa countries after he was declared wanted by an institution like the Senate is now working with the government and you are here defending him. Was he investigated by the govt? No! because they know he was one of sponsors.
Larmode was supposed to be investigated by the efcc but the govt came announcing that he would be proceeding on leave. That of course should be his reward for bank rolling them; beside he's within the police formations today.
Tonye stop supporting evil. The government has failed in this fight against corruption.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:45am On Oct 30, 2017
[s]
DABMarkNig2019:

maybe you work for the presidency who knows? A man who was alleged to have fled to one of the west Africa countries after he was declared wanted by an institution like the Senate is now working with the government and you are here defending him. Was he investigated by the govt? No! because they know he was one of sponsors.
Larmode was supposed to be investigated by the efcc but the govt came announcing that he would be proceeding on leave. That of course should be his reward for bank rolling them; beside he's within the police formations today.
Tonye stop supporting evil. The government has failed in this fight against corruption.
[/s] If after explaining you stull insist on this beerpalor gist, I am afraid I will have to bow out because engaging you further will only reduce my IQ.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by capatainrambo: 10:46am On Oct 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Secondly, Lamorde wasn't removed from office by the Senate.. He was replaced by Buhari in November 2015 having served out his required 4 years tenure. He was appointed in Acting capacity on November 23, 2011 and confirmed on February 2012. His tenure was to elapse February 2016, but in line with Civil Service practice, he was asked to proceed on 3 months leave ahead of time.

(Modified)
apDa chieftain grin

no hope in pdp

apc we dash una grin
Re: Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s] If after explaining you stull insist on this beerpalor gist, I am afraid I will have to bow out because engaging you further will only reduce my IQ.

I laugh.
beer parlour gist but dezianis and FFK cases ain't beer parlour gist?
I no be zombie abegi
Re: Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by capatainrambo: 10:56am On Oct 30, 2017
DABMarkNig2019:
I laugh. beer parlour gist but dezianis and FFK cases ain't beer parlour gist? I no be zombie abegi
leave tonye guy

na hungry writer e be. the guy don defend evrybody good or badgrin

dead reputation!!!
Re: Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by FastShipping: 10:58am On Oct 30, 2017
DABMarkNig2019:

What is your gain making up stories? Repent Mr Man.

You just lied from top to bottom. I'm not even APC or Buhari fan. But let's say the truth at all time. You lied here blatantly.
Re: Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 30, 2017
FastShipping:

What is your gain making up stories? Repent Mr Man.

You just lied from top to bottom. I'm not even APC or Buhari fan. But let's say the truth at all time. You lied here blatantly.
making up stories about Larmode? hahaha! These are verifiable facts.
You guys said the same thing when Maina s case busted initially. I pray the presidency wouldn't deny or blame pdp for this
Re: Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
capatainrambo:
leave tonye guy

na hungry writer e be. the guy don defend evrybody good or badgrin

dead reputation!!!
that guy zombiezim too much
Re: Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by amliftedhigher: 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

(Modified)
After his removal, he was charge for heavy corruption of which he dodge the Senate and ran away.
Re: Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 30, 2017
amliftedhigher:
After his removal, he was charge for heavy corruption of which he dodge the Senate and ran away.
we have a common ground now. He ran away but now back to the police force so who gave him clearance? like maina like larmode
Re: Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by TheFreeOne: 5:35pm On Oct 30, 2017
Considering the shenanigan of anticorruption fight I have been wondering what position this government would have offered the notorious armed robber Anini if he were to be alive.
Maybe the head of anti robbery squad?

And I hope we wouldn't wake up one day and be told that Shekau the BH leader has been given presidential pardon by this scandalous presidency.

APC, Buboo and his kitchen cabinet cabal...the gaga shuffle of corruption.
Re: Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 30, 2017
TheFreeOne:
Considering the shenanigan of anticorruption fight I have been wondering what position this government would have offered the notorious armed robber Anini if he were to be alive.
Maybe the head of anti robbery squad?

And I hope we wouldn't wake up one day and be told that Shekau the BH leader has been given presidential pardon by this scandalous presidency.

APC, Buboo and his kitchen cabinet cabal...the gaga shuffle of corruption.
men that's just the truth.
Anini would have been the CSO to the president
Re: Buhari's Government of Corruption? Ibrahim Lamorde is Back to The Police Force by Nobody: 2:21am On Oct 31, 2017
l

(1) (Reply)

See Amaechi And APC Plot To Unseat Wike In 2019 / Kogi: Tinubu Blames El-rufai Over Yahaya Bello’s Poor Performance / Breaking: Another Top Ally To Buhari Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.