Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

How To Build A Quadcopter - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Build A Quadcopter (42556 Views)

I Want To Build A Rechargable Unit / Component Used In Making Quadcopter / Learn How To Build A Fuelless Generator And Make Money This Year (video)!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by Ilajeboy(m): 10:37am On Jan 02, 2018
RCDIY:
A quadcopter, also called a quadrotor helicopter or quadrotor, is basically a multi-blade helicopter that is lifted and propelled by four rotors. Quadcopters are classified as rotorcraft, as opposed to fixed-wing aircraft, because their lift is generated by a set of vertically oriented propellers.

Quadcopters generally use two pairs of identical fixed pitched propellers; two clockwise (CW) and two counterclockwise (CCW) se. These use independent variation of the speed of each rotor to achieve control. By changing the speed of each rotor it is possible to specifically generate a desired total thrust; to locate for the centre of thrust both laterally and longitudinally; and to create a desired total torque, or turning force.

Quadcopters are not new. There are several models on sale from various vendors.
Sizes range from tiny machines that can fit into a man's pocket to full-sized models able to lift a full grown man.
These are either flown for fun or used to make aerial photography.

Building a quadcopter on your own is quite an interesting project and requires a lot of work. Basic soldering skills is an advantage.
I can tell since I have made several models.

Basically you would need the following:
Frame (Different sizes available)
Motors (Different sizes here too)
Propellers
ESCs
Battery
Transmitter
Receiver
Battery charger

The idea of this thread is to guide and provide support to interested persons from parts acquisition through to the actually working model.

Hopefully, we can get some machines to fly and have lots of fun in the process.

Wow...... I must confess this is a bomb...... U selling?

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by obongtunji: 10:42am On Jan 02, 2018
I love this

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 02, 2018
RCDIY:

Your statement is not exactly correct, chief.
It's easier to maintain when you build. Also parts can be interchanged if you have more than one model.
O have 5 drones and I use same transmitter for all.

mention one place in nigeria where rc copters are built please, i mean real functional ones not d paper and wooden contraptions idle people put up.
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by toxicbrain: 11:01am On Jan 02, 2018
build what? you are just assembling... mtcheew
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by iukpe: 11:02am On Jan 02, 2018
UdoEya:
creative mind...
Kudos man...

But no hating, i was expecting to see molding scraps, an so on, not already made parts......

Technology has made things very simple up to 2017 and counting. So its really about, what is available and what can you do with it. Our shortfall over here is availability of that technology, and affordability. Else you have countless people who wouldn't mind to play around stuff. But when it costs you over N50,000 and more just to try.....it has to be your money.
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by kolawoleibukun: 11:13am On Jan 02, 2018
Homguy:
Idiot! Must you showcase your stupidity online? You don't have to type, just jump and pass!
ode your gran mama there. na me you day call idiot abi. if I slap puss comot for your left ears shebi dem go say I wicked?
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by devdanArthur98: 11:21am On Jan 02, 2018
RCDIY:

Ali-Express, bro
Please under which section on Ali express.. I tried searching but I'm not convinced with the results I'm getting
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by iukpe: 11:21am On Jan 02, 2018
toxicbrain:

build
bɪld/Submit
verb
construct (something) by putting parts or material together.
"the ironworks were built in 1736"
synonyms: construct, erect, put up, assemble, set up, raise More
make or become stronger or more intense.
"we built up confidence in our abilities"
synonyms: boost, strengthen, increase, improve, invigorate, augment, raise, intensify, enhance, escalate, multiply, swell; informalbeef up
"he built up his stamina by playing football"
noun
the proportions of a person's or animal's body.
"she was of medium height and slim build"
synonyms: physique, frame, body, figure, form, structure, shape, make-up, formation, stature; More
the style or form of construction of something, especially a vehicle.
"the car's high specification and impressive build quality"

www.dictionary.com/browse/build
Build definition, to construct (especially something complex) by assembling and joining parts or materials:

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 12:03pm On Jan 02, 2018
sakalisis:

Nice work

Can you list all the needed part/component and price

Parts list already discussed earlier on the thread. Just start from the first page, bro
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 12:06pm On Jan 02, 2018
bughead:
hi thinking of buying one basically for aerial photography and mapping! How much will you think it will cost?

Specifically the phone type controller

There are cheap ones like Xiaomi ($350-$450) and high end models like DJI ($1,000-$5000)
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 12:09pm On Jan 02, 2018
iukpe:
Very nice. PhimoTech in PH has been doing similar things but I admire your documentation. Perhaps we can have a collaboration sometime in future.

Nice one, bro.
I will contact you
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 12:10pm On Jan 02, 2018
kennyjam:
Weldone OP.

I love all these... but it's the resources that's halting me.
You're right. It's actually an expensive hobby..
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2018
Ilajeboy:

Wow...... I must confess this is a bomb...... U selling?

Thank you.
Not selling but could design for you if your need one
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2018
quentin06:

mention one place in nigeria where rc copters are built please, i mean real functional ones not d paper and wooden contraptions idle people put up.

One place?
My house grin
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 12:13pm On Jan 02, 2018
toxicbrain:

Professor, kindly teach us the difference between building and assembly in the context of crafts and machineries.

Thank you
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by obatoro: 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2018
Good job there, but where can I get all the materials and items needed for assembling?
It will also be nice to have a step by step instruction. I've followed the thread from day one.

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2018
devdanArthur98:

Please under which section on Ali express.. I tried searching but I'm not convinced with the results I'm getting

RC parts and accessories.
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 12:17pm On Jan 02, 2018
iukpe:

build
bɪld/Submit
verb
construct (something) by putting parts or material together.
"the ironworks were built in 1736"
synonyms: construct, erect, put up, assemble, set up, raise.....

Brother, don't waste your time on folks who don't have anything better to do with their time.
I'm sure he's still a Jambite

2 Likes

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 12:18pm On Jan 02, 2018
obatoro:
Good job there, but where can I get all the materials and items needed for assembling?
It will also be nice to have a step by step instruction. I've followed the thread from day one.

You can search online. I get all my parts online
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by Aventures(m): 12:19pm On Jan 02, 2018
RCDIY:
A quadcopter, also called a quadrotor helicopter or quadrotor, is basically a multi-blade helicopter that is lifted and propelled by four rotors. Quadcopters are classified as rotorcraft, as opposed to fixed-wing aircraft, because their lift is generated by a set of vertically oriented propellers.

Quadcopters generally use two pairs of identical fixed pitched propellers; two clockwise (CW) and two counterclockwise (CCW) se. These use independent variation of the speed of each rotor to achieve control. By changing the speed of each rotor it is possible to specifically generate a desired total thrust; to locate for the centre of thrust both laterally and longitudinally; and to create a desired total torque, or turning force.

Quadcopters are not new. There are several models on sale from various vendors.
Sizes range from tiny machines that can fit into a man's pocket to full-sized models able to lift a full grown man.
These are either flown for fun or used to make aerial photography.

Building a quadcopter on your own is quite an interesting project and requires a lot of work. Basic soldering skills is an advantage.
I can tell since I have made several models.

Basically you would need the following:
Frame (Different sizes available)
Motors (Different sizes here too)
Propellers
ESCs
Battery
Transmitter
Receiver
Battery charger

The idea of this thread is to guide and provide support to interested persons from parts acquisition through to the actually working model.

Hopefully, we can get some machines to fly and have lots of fun in the process.

Thanks for this info, very educative and it is something that can enhance the Interest of our children in science and technology. Also, it can strengthen parents - children bond she. you spend quality time together to build this.
please where can I get this materials , I will like to buy. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by EkpoTony(m): 12:23pm On Jan 02, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
na wah o

so make we come day build am? people plenty oh. so na where we go sell am? na video dem day teach this kind thing no be for pictures.

na this one Nigeria won take develop?

we no get things way we go show the world apart from copycat?

I swear you be full. why you come post this kind thin for 2018 na?
Must you follow and do, isnt i creative what his doing?
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 12:23pm On Jan 02, 2018
Aventures:
Thanks for this info, very educative and it is something that can enhance the Interest of our children in science and technology. Also, it can strengthen parents - children bond she. you spend quality time together to build this.
please where can I get this materials , I will like to buy. Thanks in advance
Thank you.
I actually started making a drone for my son's first birthday. While on it, I got more interested and it became my hobby.
I plan putting my children toward careers as pilots, UAV operators or or craft design and maintenance.

You can get all you need online.

Thank you
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by Aventures(m): 12:47pm On Jan 02, 2018
RCDIY:

Thank you.
I actually started making a drone for my son's first birthday. While on it, I got more interested and it became my hobby.
I plan putting my children toward careers as pilots, UAV operators or or craft design and maintenance.

Thanks any website link?

Thank you
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 12:56pm On Jan 02, 2018
Hello...
Thank you all for your interest and comments.

I have been actually waiting for PPM receiver to enable me continue the model I have been working on.

This model, a 250 size quad, will feature an F3 Flight controller running on iNAV software.
I intend to integrate advanced features like position/altitude hold, RTH, mission capabilities and 'follow me'.

The receiver is presently at the post office. Will pick up after work.
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by kennyjam: 12:56pm On Jan 02, 2018
thanks bro

RCDIY:
You're right. It's actually an expensive hobby..
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by Aventures(m): 1:02pm On Jan 02, 2018
RCDIY:

Thank you.

Thank you
Any website link?
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by bughead: 1:09pm On Jan 02, 2018
RCDIY:

There are cheap ones like Xiaomi ($350-$450) and high end models like DJI ($1,000-$5000)
thanks!

Do you engage in the sell of this so that I can hit you up on how I should go about it?
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 1:35pm On Jan 02, 2018
Aventures:
Any website link?
Not sure if it's okay to post links here. But try Ali-Express and Banggood.
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by speedy01(m): 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2018
KronicMorris:

Yeah... Awaiting your progress!
thumbs up for you brother...
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by toxicbrain: 3:16pm On Jan 02, 2018
RCDIY:

Brother, don't waste your time on folks who don't have anything better to do with their time.
I'm sure he's still a Jambite

really funny
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by RCDIY(m): 3:22pm On Jan 02, 2018
toxicbrain:

really funny

Hope you had a good laugh. Please educate yourself on words and their synonyms.
Re: How To Build A Quadcopter by kolawoleibukun: 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2018
EkpoTony:

I swear you be full. why you come post this kind thin for 2018 na?
Must you follow and do, isnt i creative what his doing?
the biggest full na you o. where your creativity won lead you go? weting this nonsense won contribute four our lives. dem day tell you say even innoson way day invent better thing way people see them lock am for jail. na you won come invent? na today we begin see invention? guy eno go work. the government no give any room for all these nonsense. make una focus on productive thing una age don add one yesterday. before you no na wrinkle and white hair for finish una for this nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top Six Most Endangered Animals In Nigeria(pics, Video) / SpaceX Rocket Explosion Destroys Facebook Satellite / Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.