Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Do They Come Close? Tecno Phantom 8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do They Come Close? Tecno Phantom 8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 (3832 Views)

Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price / My Tecno Phantom 8 Unboxing — What's With The Fingerprint Magnet? / Pictures From The Launch Of The New Phantom 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do They Come Close? Tecno Phantom 8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 by Norman4real(m): 9:48pm On Oct 31, 2017
Acidosis:

You know what? It shares same retail price with the Phantom 8.. So which would you rather go for?
No they don't retail at the same price. There's a 100$ difference and that's before you incur costs of shipping and taxes. But despite the price difference Mi6 is still a better buy. My only complaint is it's small size, i can't comfortably go back to something smaller than 5.5inches.
Re: Do They Come Close? Tecno Phantom 8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 by Acidosis(m): 10:26pm On Oct 31, 2017
Norman4real:
just to be clear, the Mi6 is better than the phantom8 but they're not at the same pricing. The Mi6 starts at around 430-450$(before shipping and taxes) while the phantom is between 320-350$.

Forget the random dollar prices online. What's the retail price of the Phantom 8 in Naira?

I know about 3 sellers on Nairaland that will buy and ship the the Mi6 at about 150k.
Re: Do They Come Close? Tecno Phantom 8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 31, 2017
I ll pretend this post never existed infact its dead on arrival. Only compare Samsung with iPhone incase of next time
Re: Do They Come Close? Tecno Phantom 8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 31, 2017
Riyikebaby:

I agree with you, some of these Samsung phones are over priced. You'll see a tecno phone with same specs at half the price

My sister not until you have used a Samsung phone especially their flagship you will not understand what quality is...
Re: Do They Come Close? Tecno Phantom 8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 31, 2017
chicwoman:
Most of the ones these days do

Prove it
Re: Do They Come Close? Tecno Phantom 8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 by Sanchez01: 4:49am On Nov 01, 2017
The Samsung S8 is everything a Premium Tecno would ever dream to become but cannot. While I understand that Tecno and its aggressive marketers are trying very hard to make sales, it is laughable to see a comparison between the Phantom whatever and the S8.

The iPhone is just about the worthy phone makers worthy enough to raise a standard against Samsung devices. Tecno should be dragging with HomTom and Xiaomi. Interestingly, I'd choose a Xiaomi device over any Tecno phone.

1 Like

Re: Do They Come Close? Tecno Phantom 8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 by nuelzy: 7:42am On Nov 01, 2017
Jaymaxxy:

Did you watch the video at all? The S8 killed your 'Failtom 8' hands down. Samsung is more than a name.
oga shift over the bridge
Re: Do They Come Close? Tecno Phantom 8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 by TappGroupNG: 11:41am On Nov 01, 2017
Its going for 128k
Acidosis:

Forget the random dollar prices online. What's the retail price of the Phantom 8 in Naira?

I know about 3 sellers on Nairaland that will buy and ship the the Mi6 at about 150k.
Re: Do They Come Close? Tecno Phantom 8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 by TappGroupNG: 11:59am On Nov 01, 2017
Lol
Justice96:

My sister not until you have used a Samsung phone especially their flagship you will not understand what quality is...
Re: Do They Come Close? Tecno Phantom 8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 by TappGroupNG: 12:00pm On Nov 01, 2017
Asin
He should just shift
nuelzy:
oga shift over the bridge
Re: Do They Come Close? Tecno Phantom 8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 by TappGroupNG: 12:03pm On Nov 01, 2017
Hmmm
Acidosis:

Re: Do They Come Close? Tecno Phantom 8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 by Behankey(m): 12:21pm On Nov 01, 2017
Lol. Phantom 8 and Samsung S8? They are two different devices. The Phantom 8 is just a better alternative to the S8
Re: Do They Come Close? Tecno Phantom 8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 by sureinfo: 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2017
Henryneo:
Both phones are quite beautiful in their designs and both come with quite impressive specs. So i decided to put them through the comparison. the below video is the result of that comparison.

I must also say that the Tecno Phantom 8 is a pretty decent looking and performing device. I'd love to hear from you guys. let me know what you think about these phones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2ZbLH95hVI

Definitely the phantom 8 is the bomb
Re: Do They Come Close? Tecno Phantom 8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 by Henryneo(m): 5:23pm On Nov 01, 2017
Mr Efico. If you read thouroughly you would find that the review was between the flagship of two different brands. it wasn't about Cost or specs or what you think. Of course everyone know the Samsung would be better. The idea was to see how they stack up.

OCTAVO:
The problem is that most of the people doing these wacky comparisons don't even bother to check in depth reviews on YouTube. You can compare Tecno, gionee, Infinix all together, but not with Samsung!
Re: Do They Come Close? Tecno Phantom 8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 by ddjay: 5:34pm On Nov 01, 2017
Henryneo:
Both phones are quite beautiful in their designs and both come with quite impressive specs. So i decided to put them through the comparison. the below video is the result of that comparison.

I must also say that the Tecno Phantom 8 is a pretty decent looking and performing device. I'd love to hear from you guys. let me know what you think about these phones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2ZbLH95hVI

U wan start civil war ba,den u go run leave people dey fight. God is watching sha
Re: Do They Come Close? Tecno Phantom 8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 by OCTAVO: 11:50pm On Nov 01, 2017
Henryneo:
Mr Efico. If you read thouroughly you would find that the review was between the flagship of two different brands. it wasn't about Cost or specs or what you think. Of course everyone know the Samsung would be better. The idea was to see how they stack up.

Oga, what happened to comparing Flagships from top brands in same league like LG, Sony, HTC, Samsung, Google Nexus, Nokia, Motorola etc. You are obviously not getting my own point.

Tecno has its own league, bring Tecno into the same group with likes of Gionee, Infinix, injoo.

1 Like

Re: Do They Come Close? Tecno Phantom 8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 by DaveHert(m): 2:41am On Nov 02, 2017
Can you guys just stop with these comparisons, it drives me crazy to see such retarded threads.

The Samsung S8/S8+ have both been undisputedly crowned "Best Phones of 2017" and "The Most Beautiful Phones Ever" among other premium phones like:
LG G6
Google Pixel 2
iPhone 8 Plus
OnePlus 5
Motorola Moto G5 Plus
Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Honor 9
HTC U11
LG V30
Huawei Mate 10 Pro
Iphone x
Xiaomi Mi 6

Pick any one of the above mentioned phones and it will wipe the floor clean with Tecno's Phantom 8, and among these top dogs the Samsung Galaxy s8/8+ is considered "The Best".

What you should try comprehending is that Tecno phones were made while considering the average African's/Nigerian's budget, they weren't made to compete with the intentional premium top dogs, that is why you don't see them attempting to ship their phones past the shores of Nigeria and some few African countries, because if they did, they would drown.

You know why? Because these guys are the ones that have come up with every technological innovation in existence today that you can possibly think of. What innovative feature has Techno come up with on their own? Nothing. Period. Every feature on their phone is an IMITATION.

Now stop these crazy comparison rants and go get a Tecno phone if that is what you can afford and stop trying to prove that a Kekenapep is better than a Lamborghini.

The day you see the the S8/S8+ in person is the day you will fully understand the significance of my analogy.

Re: Do They Come Close? Tecno Phantom 8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 by DaveHert(m): 2:46am On Nov 02, 2017
Riyikebaby:

I agree with you, some of these Samsung phones are over priced. You'll see a tecno phone with same specs at half the price

Keep quiet jhor and stop saying things you don't fully understand. It is highly offensive.
Re: Do They Come Close? Tecno Phantom 8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 by genius43(m): 8:37am On Nov 02, 2017
chicwoman:
Have you seen the new Phantom 8

I have used Samsung and I have used Tecno, they are not close.
Tecno can't battle with xiaomi talk more Huawei. So just cast the comparison aside

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Recharge Mtn Benin Sim Card In Nigeria / How To Activate Mtn 75mb For N20 And 1.5gb For N400 / Get 1GB Free On Airtel Self Care App(steps Explained)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.