Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,956 members, 7,863,388 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:55 PM

Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent (26473 Views)

Police Arrests Lady Caught On Tape Physically Abusing A Child At A Creche (VID) / A Pregnant Woman Raped By Fulani Herdsmen Dies In Presence Of Ortom (photo) / A Baby Was Choked To Death At A Creche In Lagos (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by iluvdonjazzy: 8:30pm On Oct 31, 2017
thats a murder case
Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by writeprof(m): 8:30pm On Oct 31, 2017
It's sad that the child died and it WILL probably end that way.

Please, these places we call creches/schools should be looked into by the government.

I still insist that mothers must nurse their babies at least 1 year before sending them to creche.

Parents need spiritual discernment & direction before sending their children to any creche/school.

1 Like

Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by ireneidiva(f): 8:32pm On Oct 31, 2017
Formidable1:
What's creche? I don't know why parents would even consider that...unless they're super busy. The first 2yrs of a child's life is very important. It's the time you bond with your growing child and teach her the basics of life.

I patiently took care of my girl till 2yrs of age before I enrolled her in prenursery 1. She learned a lot, and basically surpasses most of her mates in class.
You don't work obviously. women who work have no choice.

7 Likes

Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by CioAngels(f): 8:32pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hope police will not take bribe to kill the case. Infact, the creche should be closed. Is Ambode aware? The action governor.
Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by doctokwus: 8:33pm On Oct 31, 2017
webincomeplus:
The baby died from aspiration. Chances are the baby was being force-fed, overfed and subsequently malhandled, or not properly positioned while being fed.
Be very careful the way you run into conclusions on a story the details of which you are not fully acquainted.
You can see that the blogger has indirectly already linked the death to a past personal beef the caregiver had with the mother without any attempt to get the other side of the story.
What if the baby had an underlying health issue that coincidentally cropped up as she was being normally fed.
What if there wasnt any food administration involved at at all.
Its easy to use high sounding medical terms but any learned person,moreso one in a health profession should always be wary attributing death to a particular cause or person without a proper,painstaking history and autopsy as long you were not their when the incident happened.

1 Like

Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by ireneidiva(f): 8:33pm On Oct 31, 2017
writeprof:
It's sad that the child and it WILL probably end that way.

Please, these places we call schools should be looked into.

I still insist that mothers must nurse their babies at least 1 year before sending them to creche.
They have to go to work.

1 Like

Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by WrathOfHadez(m): 8:33pm On Oct 31, 2017
Pap coming out of the baby’s mouth is evidently suffocation. The child was obviously force-fed while crying and food went the wrong pipe.

The irony is today’s mother are in a sociocultural crossroads of having a career and being a mother same time.

The price is being paid; children’s growth and health are being sacrificed for the ambitions of the mothers.

What’s a mother with a suckling baby doing in NYSC?

1 Like

Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by stilldoingokay(f): 8:33pm On Oct 31, 2017
Formidable1:

My point is, if there's the slightest opportunity that you can take care of your child by yourself at least for the 1st one year, grab it. She stands to gain so much than in crèche.

you have time for those who are not yet mothers yet, seriously.

if I most work under somebody then, there should be no babies, I can't have somebody else taking care of my babies.
Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by ireneidiva(f): 8:36pm On Oct 31, 2017
Dearlord:
This incident should serve as a lesson to others.

This pure wickedness, does anything here on earth worth losing a life?

If you can't take care of a your baby why getting pregnant at first place.

Be you educated or not let learn how to plan our life angry
Please how do you expect working mothers to cope?
Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by webincomeplus(m): 8:42pm On Oct 31, 2017
doctokwus:

Be very careful the way you run into conclusions on a story the details of which you are not fully acquainted.
You can see that the blogger has indirectly already linked the death to a past personal beef the caregiver had with the mother without any attempt to get the other side of the story.
What if the baby had an underlying health issue that coincidentally cropped up as she was being normally fed.
What if there wasnt any food administration involved at at all.
Its easy to use high sounding medical terms but any learned person,moreso one in a health profession should always be wary attributing death to a particular cause or person without a proper,painstaking history and autopsy as long you were not their when the incident happened.
People like you can be very funny. Did your eyes skip the part where I used the words "Chances are"? If you're too dumb to understand what that means, it simply means "there is probability that". So, just so you know, my statement wasn't by any means an affirmative or conclusive one. If you saw it as such, the problem lies with you.
Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by Bomgirl(f): 8:43pm On Oct 31, 2017
stilldoingokay:

let say the truth 7months old baby is really too young for creche, because the mother is super busy,

what happened to Nanny's if she is so busy,

My office only gives 16 weeks maternity leave. That means, as soon as it's over, I have to get back to work. 2 out of this 16 weeks is before birth o! What do I do?
You see, we really can't help but use these places. As for Nannies, you hardly get trustworthy people to stay in you house with your baby. It's actually like being between the devil and the deep blue sea!

1 Like

Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by ireneidiva(f): 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2017
menwongo:

Yes, mother Or mother-in-law or even niece can be better
Jobless mother or mother-in-law abi. And which parent will give you their daughter(niece) to use as maid?

4 Likes

Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by dominique(f): 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2017
Phrankin:
The mother should be arrested immediately. Ordinary youth service, you can't feed your own child. What will happen when she becomes a company executive. Just looking for who to blame for her negligence.

Very stupid comment. A serving corps member in a company works same office hours as the company executive. She entrusted her her child to the creche to take care of her baby for a few hours, so was she supposed to leave work to feed her baby? A child died within a creche facility and the handlers have not deemed it fit to reach out to the bereaved parents yet all you can do is to open your gutter mouth and blame the grieving mother. You and every other person that liked your post are all sick in the head.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by stilldoingokay(f): 8:47pm On Oct 31, 2017
naughtyDiana:
shut ur trap. when men insult fellow men, no one says "why u insulting ur fellow man".

miss, u can't force me to support a woman just because I am a woman too, just because she's female.., does that make any sense to you?

I will address anyone the way I want to, male or female.

if she wants to give her opinion, she should do so without making he " fellow woman" seem inefficient in her motherly duties.

this is your own opinion, and I respect it, but in her own opinion, she said nothing wrong, but in your own opinion, you were so insulting when replying, just because you're supportive.

we should understand, that, what work for mister A won't work for mister B.
Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by emerazz(m): 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2017
so dey should com an kiss ur feet bcus ur baby died while dey were feeding her.. remorse ko moris ni....

meanwhile investigation should b carried out from d expiry date of d pap, nafdac validity, initial medical status of the child etc and stop looking for who tu show u remorse
Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by stilldoingokay(f): 8:53pm On Oct 31, 2017
Bomgirl:

My office only gives 16 weeks maternity leave. That means, as soon as it's over, I have to get back to work. 2 out of this 16 weeks is before birth o! What do I do?
You see, we really can't help but use these places. As for Nannies, you hardly get trustworthy people to stay in you house with your baby. It's actually like being between the devil and the deep blue sea!

you're right, but I still prefer nanny than a creche,

that is if I most work ooh.
Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by merit1988(f): 8:53pm On Oct 31, 2017
The father of the baby works with eco bank. He's my husband's colleague. Very popular guy..it's so unfortunate cry
Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by ireneidiva(f): 8:56pm On Oct 31, 2017
stilldoingokay:

It is 'must' not 'most'.
Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by doctokwus: 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2017
webincomeplus:
The baby died from aspiration.
That above is a conclusive statement.
You only used "chances" to qualify the causes you felt led to the aspiration.U.already performed your own medical report as to the cause of death,from the comfort of your keypad.
Who now makes more sense and who needs to re-evaluate his grasp of knowledge and use of English?
Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by uglodoh(f): 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2017
stilldoingokay:

don't mind women's of now are these, 7months old baby faa, the baby is too young for creche for God sake.

What of if the woman works. Assuming the woman was told to resume work after Three month, what would she do? Resign?
Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by stilldoingokay(f): 9:00pm On Oct 31, 2017
ireneidiva:
It is 'must' not 'most'.

ooh, thanks for the correction, that is if you have never made a mistake,
wish I doubt, anyway thanks again.
Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by uglodoh(f): 9:04pm On Oct 31, 2017
stilldoingokay:

Those in the creche also work like nannies too. I prefer creche to having my babies with a nanny at home. Her was just unfortunate.
Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by Dearlord(m): 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2017
ireneidiva:

Please how do you expect working mothers to cope?

Sorry, did u work out ur bride price?

In life we make one choice before another.
And what happened to the woman was greed trying to serve two masters at ago.
Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by stilldoingokay(f): 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2017
Dearlord:
This incident should serve as a lesson to others.

This pure wickedness, does anything here on earth worth losing a life?

If you can't take care of a your baby why getting pregnant at first place.

Be you educated or not let learn how to plan our life angry

seriously, if you know you won't have time for your baby, then don't get pregnant.
Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by ireneidiva(f): 9:08pm On Oct 31, 2017
Dearlord:

Sorry, did u work out ur bride price?

In life we make one choice before another.
And what happened to the woman was greed trying to serve two masters at ago.
What is this?

3 Likes

Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by Bomgirl(f): 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2017
dominique:

Very stupid comment. A serving corps member in a company works same office hours as the company executive. She entrusted her her child to the creche to take care of her baby for a few hours, so was she supposed to leave work to feed her baby? A child died within a creche facility and the handlers have not deemed it fit to reach out to the bereaved parents and all you can do is to open your gutter mouth and blame the grieving mother. You and every other person that liked your post are all sick in the head.

I don't think these people have any idea how difficult it is to drop your baby and go to work! Or they are just being callous. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by uglodoh(f): 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2017
Olatara:
7 month is not too yung, where I work we have 4month babies and good caregiver.

Seven months is not too young. Mine was 2 months and I was told if I did not resume I should forget about the job.

1 Like

Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by olashas(f): 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2017
Atimeset:

But remember that our men no longer want to marry a woman who cannot provide also

Yeah. 50/50 marriage but they still expect the woman to take care of the kids full time.

1 Like

Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by naughtyDiana: 9:12pm On Oct 31, 2017
stilldoingokay:

this is your own opinion, and I respect it, but in her own opinion, she said nothing wrong, but in your own opinion, you were so insulting when replying, just because you're supportive.

we should understand, that, what work for mister A won't work for mister B.
exactly, a life was lost. express ur condolences and go. why she gloating
Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by Dearlord(m): 9:13pm On Oct 31, 2017
ireneidiva:

What is this?

Whatever u think it is.
Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by MamaOO: 9:14pm On Oct 31, 2017
stilldoingokay:

let say the truth 7months old baby is really too young for creche, because the mother is super busy,

what happened to Nanny's if she is so busy,

Because everybody has the means to employ a nanny! The way some of you reason... I don’t just know.

My baby started daycare at 7 weeks! 7 weeks! Bite me. I live in the US, I cannot employ a nanny cos the wages are literally more than what you who works 7-4pm earn. My mom Is dead and my MIL had to return to Nigeria urgently. I changed jobs while I was pregnant so I was entitled to only 6 weeks maternity leave.

What would people like you have suggested we do? Resign abi? Well, there are still women who don’t like to be handed money here and there by their husband and love to contribute to home expenses. Nonsense and ingredients

8 Likes

Re: Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent by Ishilove: 9:15pm On Oct 31, 2017
oyb:
Too many schools and crèches. They spring up like mushrooms. Lasg is not doing enough to properly regulate them.

God knows I reject it but if I were in her shoes, the world will not be able to contain I and that creche. The world will hear our voices

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Friend Sold Me To Ritualists For N150,000 / Troops Cleared More Terrorist Camps And Captured Weapons, Flags And Ieds(photos) / Suspected Cultists Behead Man In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.