Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,582 members, 7,837,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Kindly Nominate Your Ministers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kindly Nominate Your Ministers (10679 Views)

Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari / Nominate Your Preferred Candidate For 2015 Presidential Election . / Nominate Your Worst State Governor Of The Year 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by invisible2(m): 7:23pm On Mar 19, 2010
If I were to give a list, no person who has been in govt before will near that list, fresh names with a new ideology targeted on radical change in the shortest possible time without minding whose ox is gored.
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by Eziachi: 7:45pm On Mar 19, 2010
Comrade Tompolo- Minister of Jungle justice
Asari Dokubo- Minister of Defence.
Gbenga Obasanjo- Minister for Women affairs and Divorce Matters
Madam Ette: Minister of expensive Decorations
Charles Soludo- Minister of Consolidation
Alhaji Sanusi- Minister of Deconsolidation
Prof Wole Soyinka: Minister of Protest
David Mark: Minister of Ghadafi affairs and Word Exchange matters.
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by Kobojunkie: 7:54pm On Mar 19, 2010
Roflmao!!! Just what we need,  more ministries of COMMOTION !!! Roflmao!!
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by PapaBrowne(m): 8:09pm On Mar 19, 2010
Eziachi:

grin grin
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by cvibe: 9:22am On Mar 20, 2010
;d
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by Boboribo: 10:17am On Mar 20, 2010
Those nominating our dear Dora the explorer (for INEC Chair) fail to realise that she is  a card carrying member of the PDP.  So?
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by 1luvkipsus: 12:26pm On Mar 20, 2010
Dora-health
Soludo-finance*
Ribadu-police affair
El-Rufai-FCT
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by fatai2: 3:40pm On Mar 20, 2010
mine is

I WANT MARRY GOODLUCK DAUGHER

faisalfatai@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by Delebayo(m): 4:30pm On Mar 20, 2010
For me Dorah Akunyili for minister for power grin
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by Shoot2Kill: 7:07pm On Mar 20, 2010
After reading most of the comments here, i can confidently say that being a Nigerian is a curse because i just realized that i belong to a country of buffoons. You guys always yap yap yap blaming the government but in reality it is we the Nigerians who are to blame for our woes.

Nigerians are the biggest morons on the planet, with all the so so grammar wey una dey speak for Nairaland, una no get common sense. All you idiots are willing to do is to continue to recycle old leaders. I give up on Nigeria, infact I give up on Africa and Africans!  sad 

Our race is cursed for sure,we can't seem to reason progressively,all we do is shoot ourselves in foot over and over again.

The below diagram shows how far we as Africans have progressed as race ,maybe we should just hand Nigeria back to Britain at least we will have some sort of discipline and common sense back in the country:

Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by detopshot(m): 7:32pm On Mar 20, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

After reading most of the comments here, i can confidently say that being a Nigerian is a curse because i just realized that i belong to a country of buffoons. You guys always yap yap yap blaming the government but in reality it is we the Nigerians who are to blame for our woes.

Nigerians are the biggest morons on the planet, with all the so so grammar wey una dey speak for Nairaland, una no get common sense. All you idiots are willing to do is to continue to recycle old leaders. I give up on Nigeria, infact I give up on Africa and Africans!  sad 

Our race is cursed for sure,we can't seem to reason progressively,all we do is shoot ourselves in foot over and over again.

The below diagram shows how far we as African have progressed as race ,maybe we should just hand Nigeria back to the Britain at least we will have some sort of discipline and common sense back in the country:
why don't you leave us to catch our fun if you're not a happy person? our leaders r bad, so? should WE die? i thought this forum is for Nigerians and friends of nigeria? does your comments reflect that of a well-wisher? is that how to help build nigeria if you so k? this guys never thot of d possibility of sending this to the acting president for consideration, they're just catchin their fun. in fact, You need to apologise to fellow Nairalanders for this comment, else . . .
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by Shoot2Kill: 7:40pm On Mar 20, 2010
detopshot:

why don't you leave us to catch our fun if you're not a happy person? our leaders r bad, so? should WE die? i thought this forum is for Nigerians and friends of nigeria? does your comments reflect that of a well-wisher? is that how to help build nigeria if you so k? this guys never thot of d possibility of sending this to the acting president for consideration, they're just catchin their fun. in fact, You need to apologise to fellow Nairalanders for this comment, else . . .

Dude can you hear yourself? Is this the joke section or the political section?

That is the problem with you Nigerians and Africans ,instead of you to sit up and fix your nation ,you are busy catching your fun.

By the time you have finished catching your fun ,what legacy will you leave behind for your kids?

The issue of Nigeria is a serious issue and there is nothing fun about it.

The poster made a sensible request but you Nigerians have yet again turned the thread into silly one. Go to other thread e.g American threads ( www.topix.com ) you will see how Americans are discussing issues that affect them seriously.

If you want to catch your fun, go to the joke section.

And for your information ,i am a very happy person but a serious minded one.
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by asha80(m): 7:47pm On Mar 20, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

Dude can you hear yourself? Is this the joke section or the political section?

That is the problem with you Nigerians and Africans ,instead of you to sit up and fix your nation ,you are busy catching your fun.

By the time you have finished catching your fun ,what legacy will you leave behind for your kids?

The issue of Nigeria is a serious issue and there is nothing fun about it.

The poster made a sensible request but you Nigerians have yet again turned the thread into silly one. Go to other thread e.g American threads ( www.topix.com ) you will see how Americans are discussing issues that affect them seriously.

If you want to catch your fun, go to the joke section.

And for your information ,i am a very happy person but a serious minded one.

na naija mentality be that.catch fun while your house burns.
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by Shoot2Kill: 8:45pm On Mar 20, 2010
asha 80:

na naija mentality be that.catch fun while your house burns.

Thank you my brother , abeg ask this guy to name one progressive African or black nation on this planet. There is none because as a race all we do is think backwards.

From Haiti to Jamaica to Ghana to Uganda to South Africa. There is no single progressive black nation. South Africa which was once the only country blacks could be proud (because of disciplined white rule) is being destroyed slowly by the new black government because of massive unchecked looting of state funds.

It is because of catching fun that African never took HIV serious and now South Africa and Nigeria ranks highest in Hiv infections. It is because of catching fun that our schools have turned into cultism dens. It is because of catching fun that policemen shoot and kill innocent Nigerians without being prosecuted. It is because of catching fun that Christians and Muslims are hacking each other to death in jos. It is because of catching fun that Nigerian armed robber have the audacity to write letters to their potential victims informing them that they will be dropping by shortly.

I tire ooooooo , this yeye fun wey we dey catch sef ,what has it benefited us as Africans or as blacks

Until we stop for a second and admit that our heads are up our behinds ,we will never progress.
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by detopshot(m): 9:41pm On Mar 20, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

Thank you my brother , abeg ask this guy to name one progressive African or black nation on this planet. There is none because as a race all we do is think backwards.

From Haiti to Jamaica to Ghana to Uganda to South Africa. There is no single progressive black nation. South Africa which was once the only country blacks could be proud (because of disciplined white rule) is being destroyed slowly by the new black government because of massive unchecked looting of state funds.

It is because of catching fun that African never took HIV serious and now South Africa and Nigeria ranks highest in Hiv infections. It is because of catching fun that our schools have turned into cultism dens. It is because of catching fun that policemen shoot and kill innocent Nigerians without being prosecuted. It is because of catching fun that Christians and Muslims are hacking each other to death in jos. It is because of catching fun that Nigerian armed robber have the audacity to write letters to their potential victims informing them that they will be dropping by shortly.

I tire ooooooo , this yeye fun wey we dey catch sef ,what has it benefited us as Africans or as blacks

Until we stop for a second and admit that our heads are up our behinds ,we will never progress.
guy, nominate ur ministers and send to SAVE NIGERIA GROUP or to the senate. i pray ur request will be considered. meanwhile, i hate the words WE and US in ur reply. always say I. again, since u're a very serious-minded person, what've you done to change the country? I DON'T NEED UR REPLY!!!!
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 20, 2010
Minister of Internet Forum SEUN OSEWA

Minister of Lands and Conflict Affairs BECOMMRICH

Minister of Suspension and Interlocking KOSOVO

Minister of Amebo (Information) Mama-Gee

Minister of State Amebo (Information) Amaka
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by detopshot(m): 11:25pm On Mar 20, 2010
barnabasj:

Minister of Internet Forum SEUN OSEWA

Minister of Lands and Conflict Affairs BECOMMRICH

Minister of Suspension and Interlocking KOSOVO

Minister of Amebo (Information) Mama-Gee

Minister of State Amebo (Information) Amaka
LWKMD. . .how you tak know?
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by ayettymama(f): 11:31pm On Mar 20, 2010
Eziachi:

reasons why nigerians are the happiest people on earth!

we find humour in absolutely everything!!
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by larez(m): 9:17pm On Mar 21, 2010
I see so many people who are concerned about assassination threats against Dora. It is true and well to be concerned, but if Nigeria is serious about protecting it's citizens, then it should pass a law to make it capital punishment to be involved in any way or not to report any information of assassination attempts or plan. Then a panel of judges should be formed consisting of the most respected Nigerians to try such cases. It will be good as well to have a monitoring United Nations body overlooking such trials to avoid the innocent being convicted. Nigerians should seek solutions instead of making excuses and allowing the status quo to continue.
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by rebranded(m): 9:26pm On Mar 21, 2010
Heard Dora will be appointed FCT Minister, thank me later
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by larez(m): 9:56pm On Mar 21, 2010
rebranded:

Heard Dora will be appointed FCT Minister, thank me later

Not only heard, but also read it online. I think it's a great move to remind the whole of Nigeria that Abuja belongs to all Nigerians.
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by alldone(m): 10:44am On Mar 22, 2010
he should appoint people with pedigree. we dont need any of this guys that was sacked.
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2010
larez:

Not only heard, but also read it online. I think it's a great move to remind the whole of Nigeria that Abuja belongs to all Nigerians.

How in the world does the reappointment of this woman mean the whole of Nigeria belongs to Nigeria? Was her Ekiti decision that of all Nigerians? Was her NTA decision also echo the will of all Nigeria? Does her involvement in keeping secret the real situation with Yar adua for over 3 months, only to back pedal when the wind started changing also echo the sentiments of all Nigerians?
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by kosovo(m): 5:35pm On Mar 22, 2010
i just think Goodluck should bring in Fresh blood, People we have never heard of. . . not reshuffling or bringing the same old gray headed pot-bellied people who will still work with the same old discredited political philosophies that have failed Nigeria and have not placed food in the tables of the Nigeria People. .

History will never Forgive Goodluck if he behaves the same way every other person occupying that position have behaved. I can only hope he acts wisely so he put all the issues associated with Bad Governance in a state of pello pepulli pulsu
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by montelik(m): 7:31pm On Mar 22, 2010
I really hope this won't be another round of putting square pegs in round holes.
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by jumobi1(m): 7:54pm On Mar 22, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

The below diagram shows how far we as Africans have progressed as race ,maybe we should just hand Nigeria back to Britain at least we will have some sort of discipline and common sense back in the country:

I totally agree man. Most advanced countries do recycle but we can't afford that in Nigeria because these gay politicians haven't done shit for us. Time for fresh minds.
Infact I nominate you my brother.
If I was in charge, I would only nominate academics (Double Masters or PHD holders). Don't ask me why
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by olafolarin(m): 10:13pm On Mar 22, 2010
I will select the following:

Head of SSS : Nuhu Ribadu
INEC Boss : Col Umar(Rtd)
National Planning: Prof Pat Utomi
Minister of Works: Bola Tinubu
Science AND Technology: Barth Nnaji
Health : Dora Akunyili / prof Tolu Odugbemi
Internal Affairs: Ibrahim shekarau
Information : Donald Duke
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by auwal87(m): 11:28pm On Mar 22, 2010
auwal87 - Prime Minister

grin grin grin
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by Borat1: 2:53pm On Mar 23, 2010
Head of SSS : General Boyloaf
INEC Boss : Iyabo Obasanjo
National Planning: James Ibori
Information : Pastor Tunde Bakare
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by Shoot2Kill: 3:39pm On Mar 23, 2010
detopshot:

guy, nominate your ministers and send to SAVE NIGERIA GROUP or to the senate. i pray your request will be considered. meanwhile, i hate the words WE and US in your reply. always say I. again, since u're a very serious-minded person, what've you done to change the country? I DON'T NEED your REPLY!!!!

I think it is lame of you to ask what i have done for my country.I know what i have done and many of you here have read and heard about my activities.I don't need to go into detail but those who are aware are aware.If you are debating with someone try to stay on point ,what has save nigeria group got to do with the nomination of ministers And i will use "we" and "us" because we all contribute to the backwardness of nigeria.

jumobi1:

I totally agree man. Most advanced countries do recycle but we can't afford that in Nigeria because these gay politicians haven't done poo for us. Time for fresh minds.
Infact I nominate you my brother.
If I was in charge, I would only nominate academics (Double Masters or PHD holders). Don't ask me why

While i agree with your comment ,i disagree with the sentence bolded above.

Our problem is not education, if you look at the current government of Nigeria, you will find that over 70% of the people that make up our federal government are well educated. Some of them are even professors. The problem with these people is greed and lack of "forward thinking"

Bro i only have a Bsc in political science from LASU but i bet you my life that i can do a better job than all the presidents Nigeria has ever had. How am i so sure of this you may ask?

Well i am 30 years old and i own 4 successful companies which i run by myself and every year my companies profits grow by at least 30%.I am also well travelled and i have a lot of business ties worldwide. I am an idea driven guy, i don’t sit in one place and expect miracles to happen i read progressive books ,i blog ,i do spread trading online, i study financial markets and economies, i watch documentaries ,i study scientific gazettes, i monitor new technological developments all over the world.

I have a yearning to know everything and my drive has helped to me acquire the the kind of knowledge and skills i will never have acquired in a school. The problem with us Africans is that we think once we have acquired a PHD then we are perfect. Well that is just wrong.

You see a boy who has been a practicing farmer from the age of 16 will be smarter than a guy who has a PHD in agriculture because he is farm smart and he has tested the waters or you can use the term used in the military "battle tested"

The method of selecting ministers in Nigeria is crap, if i was Jonathan, what i will create a ministerial competition which only be open to young up and comng entrepreneurs in the Nigeria and i will select the best from every field to compete in the competition which will aired live for all to see. They will be tested with different task and eliminated from the race as they fail. For the final task the contestants will be asked to draw up a plan that will revolutionize their ministry. This plan will presented at a live debate where they will grill with question from both the judges and the studio audience.

A panel of judges preferably from the abroad will now select the best candidate and that candidate will be nominated the new minister for his/her particular ministry. This process will be similar to process used in the TV “Apprentice” to select the best professional. This way you will be able to select your freshest most talented candidate for the job. If this idea is taken seriously, a competition that will last 3 week can be created and experts hired from abroad to judge the candidates and select the best one.

To further strengthen the government and the ministries, once the new ministers are appointed, a new independent ministerial watch dog agency should be established that will monitor all the ministers. This agency should comprise of foreign professionals who are not prone to bribery and corruption. This agency will have the power to suspend a minister without the president’s intervention should he not be performing well. This will ensure transparency.

These watch dog agency will consist of former director, architects, doctors, financial forensic detective, it specialist e.t,c to deal and monitor each ministry. This agency will also be able to make recommendations to the ministers in area that the ministry is failing.
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by Gekko(m): 4:03pm On Mar 23, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

I think it is lame of you to ask what i have done for my country.I know what i have done and many of you here have read and heard about my activities.I don't need to go into detail but those who are aware are aware.If you are debating with someone try to stay on point ,what has save nigeria group got to do with the nomination of ministers And i will use "we" and "us" because we all contribute to the backwardness of nigeria.

While i agree with your comment ,i disagree with the sentence bolded above.

Our problem is not education, if you look at the current government of Nigeria, you will find that over 70% of the people that make up our federal government are well educated. Some of them are even professors. The problem with these people is greed and lack of "forward thinking"

Bro i only have a Bsc in political science from LASU but i bet you my life that i can do a better job than all the presidents Nigeria has ever had. How am i so sure of this you may ask?

Well i am 30 years old and i own 4 successful companies which i run by myself and every year my companies profits grow by at least 30%.I am also well travelled and i have a lot of business ties worldwide. I am an idea driven guy, i don’t sit in one place and expect miracles to happen i read progressive books ,i blog ,i do spread trading online, i study financial markets and economies, i watch documentaries ,i study scientific gazettes, i monitor new technological developments all over the world.

I have a yearning to know everything and my drive has helped to me acquire the the kind of knowledge and skills i will never have acquired in a school. The problem with us Africans is that we think once we have acquired a PHD then we are perfect. Well that is just wrong.

You see a boy who has been a practicing farmer from the age of 16 will be smarter than a guy who has a PHD in agriculture because he is farm smart and he has tested the waters or you can use the term used in the military "battle tested"

The method of selecting ministers in Nigeria is crap, if i was Jonathan, what i will create a ministerial competition which only be open to young up and comng entrepreneurs in the Nigeria and i will select the best from every field to compete in the competition which will aired live for all to see. They will be tested with different task and eliminated from the race as they fail. For the final task the contestants will be asked to draw up a plan that will revolutionize their ministry. This plan will presented at a live debate where they will grill with question from both the judges and the studio audience.

A panel of judges preferably from the abroad will now select the best candidate and that candidate will be nominated the new minister for his/her particular ministry. This process will be similar to process used in the TV “Apprentice” to select the best professional. This way you will be able to select your freshest most talented candidate for the job. If this idea is taken seriously, a competition that will last 3 week can be created and experts hired from abroad to judge the candidates and select the best one.

To further strengthen the government and the ministries, once the new ministers are appointed, a new independent ministerial watch dog agency should be established that will monitor all the ministers. This agency should comprise of foreign professionals who are not prone to bribery and corruption. This agency will have the power to suspend a minister without the president’s intervention should he not be performing well. This will ensure transparency.

These watch dog agency will consist of former director, architects, doctors, financial forensic detective, it specialist e.t,c to deal and monitor each ministry. This agency will also be able to make recommendations to the ministers in area that the ministry is failing.

shoot2kill, if you dont mind please grant me the pleasure of knowing you offline. perhaps we can share/collaborate on some ideas, you can reach me at arushmusic@yahoo.com.
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by beneli(m): 4:07pm On Mar 23, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

Your thoughts are very interesting, but there’s need for clarification on the bolded parts:

When you talk about ‘judges preferably from abroad’, did you mean foreign nationals, ‘diasporan Nigerians’, or in your minds eye where you thinking of Caucasians? Would say, an Indian national qualify to be a judge ‘from abroad’? Which ‘foreign professionals’ exactly are not ‘prone to bribery and corruption’? There aren’t any, really, whether they be ‘diasporan Nigerians, blue eyed blond haired PhD holders or whatever.

It’s the system that you have in place that creates or expunges the ‘proness’ to corruption. It is not a function of race, ethnicity or geography.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. / "DSS Can Now Detain Suspects For 45 Days" - Abuja High Court / Buhari Presidency Abandons Duties, Turns To Monitoring Spirit - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.