Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,050 members, 7,814,603 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" (18393 Views)

Ajimobi: Buhari Reacts To Death Of Ex-Oyo Governor / Aisha Buhari Reacts To Alleged Invasion Of Timi Dakolo’s Residence (pixs) / Yuletide: NEMA Sets Up 24-hour Emergency Rescue Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by Bolster(m): 4:52am On Nov 01, 2017
Spaxon:
Stupid old man

Is it ur efforts.

It's the efforts of focused Nigerians and not tourists like u

Your frustration is understandable. But you should have take time to read the report instead of assuming the improved ranking was done by Nigerians.

FYI, World Bank do the ranking based on ease of doing business in a country. It measures the business environment and how government policies, MDAs and rules make it easy for people to do business in the country.

This can only be achieved by government not by citizens without political powers.

Always try to understand a topic before you make lame contributions.

If you hate Buhari, that's your prerogative but don't insult our sensibilities with your duncical comments.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by sunboy(m): 5:26am On Nov 01, 2017
I just checked my account balance but it’s still the same.
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by fleetfeet: 6:14am On Nov 01, 2017
I think you have said more than enough, that is how some people here were blasting the govt over the recently released World Bank Commodity Price forecast. They were blind to the opportunities it presented to nigerians.

Being on nairaland has opened my eyes to the abysmal level of literacy in our country today-mind you literacy has now moved from being able to read and write. You must also understand what is written and be able to apply it to your everyday life- that is literacy today.

I guess the only time some people will believe the govt is working is when the govt dumps cash in their pockets. You see them signup to ponzi schemes, are regulars in betting shops all looking for free and quick money. So excuse them if they don't understand the world Bank report, or if they can't fathom what it means to grow wealth gradually. It not their fault, they are not literate thats why.
Bolster:

Your frustration is understandable. But you should have take time to read the report instead of assuming the improved ranking was done by Nigerians.

FYI, World Bank do the ranking based on ease of doing business in a country. It measures the business environment and how government policies, MDAs and rules make it easy for people to do business in the country.

This can only be achieved by government not by citizens without political powers.

Always try to understand a topic before you make lame contributions.

If you hate Buhari, that's your prerogative but don't insult our sensibilities with your duncical comments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by Carter4luv(m): 7:26am On Nov 01, 2017
saraki2019:
make $500 daily , check my signature for details

How do I go about it saraki?
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by Carter4luv(m): 7:28am On Nov 01, 2017
Even if naija move to top. We can't wait till 2019 to vote him outta aso rock
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by FarahAideed: 7:29am On Nov 01, 2017
Bolster:

This is the bane of intellectual development of Nigerian youths.

The World Bank gathered and analyzed comprehensive quantitative data to compare business regulation environments across 190 economies and selected cities at the subnational and regional level in order to provide objective measures of business regulations and their enforcement.

Yet, you think you know better than them without any qualitative research or quantitative analysis from you, but mere emotions and sentiments.

Do you think serious businessmen and institutional investors relay on childish emotions and namby-pamby sentiments? FYI, they don't. They relay on more scientific researches like this World Bank Doing Business Report.

If it was so easy to do business under GEJ why weren't we where we are today in the ranking during his tenure?

Meanwhile, who appointed those men and women presently driving the force of reforms going on in the business environment in Nigeria? Goodluck Jonathan abi? SMH.

You are just a salary earner while I am a serial entrepreneur who has done feats you can only dream off so I know what I am saying ..I have no doubt that who ever came up with lame ranking must have used just a point of data and it must be new ease of registering a business in Nigeria which is courtesy some modern thinking leadership at the CAC and not your useless leader called Buhari ...any attemp by sadist buharist like you self to use this lame ranking as an achievement has definitely failed because we know the truth..In all my years of running multiple innovation driven businesses i can tell yiu for free doing business in Nigeria has never been harder than it is under the directionless rudderless leaderahip of the useless Buhari .

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by FarahAideed: 7:31am On Nov 01, 2017
fleetfeet:
I think you have said more than enough, that is how some people here were blasting the govt over the recently released World Bank Commodity Price forecast. They were blind to the opportunities it presented to nigerians.

Being on nairaland has opened my eyes to the abysmal level of literacy in our country today-mind you literacy has now moved from being able to read and write. You must also understand what is written and be able to apply it to your everyday life- that is literacy today.

I guess the only time some people will believe the govt is working is when the govt dumps cash in their pockets. You see them signup to ponzi schemes, are regulars in betting shops all looking for free and quick money. So excuse them if they don't understand the world Bank report, or if they can't fathom what it means to grow wealth gradually. It not their fault, they are not literate thats why.

If yiu think the Buhari is working , has ever worked or is planning to work then I feel pity for you ..You people will not attempt to use this lame useless data as justification why Buhari needs another term

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by paulynpen(m): 7:56am On Nov 01, 2017
gists:
I know they will say this should not be attributed to her, but I will still say it.
They said she doesn't have blueprint..... Even though they made ZERO effort to get it as if its supposed to be plucked from thin air
They said she no sabi work.....
They said she no go university....
She supervised the sale of our Euro bond which was hugely over subscribed.
They kept comparing her with a certain arvard degree holder under whose watch billions were stolen and we were ranked 169th out of 190

Waiting to see on what issue she will put them to shame again.
But Nigeria was ranked 131st in ,2013 and 147th 2014, it shot to 170th position after bubu take over, I have not seen any work done. You took , you took naira from 197 to 500 and now back to 360, you took the ease of doing bossiness index from 147 to 190 and now back to 145 only two steps added you are here celebrating, now I know that the village people remoting you from the village mean business
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by lilytender: 8:11am On Nov 01, 2017
ChangetheChange:
grin

Mad man

Can Buhari even spell GLOBAL BUSINESS RANK

Please tell Mama Piss Sheppopo to spell it first.
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by Ngokafor(f): 8:23am On Nov 01, 2017
Apipia:

What is wrong with such enterprises? Lazy brain, You went to a University looking for which jobs, the ones you parents kept for you? Or Buhari? Who you thought do not have his own and family problems?
I turned a Ten Naira chewing stick selling business in 1988 to ....... I shall not boast. Audacity,Audacity,Audacity, if this trait is not in your life, you cant forego a day meal, to eat like a king tomorrow

Please,please and please..its an anomally to graduate from Universties and end up selling meat,okrika and shoes by the road side..Its a clear sign of a dying economy and nothing to do with hard-work...Perhaps you will say same when Doctors ends up as sales boys and girls?

Except its a personal passion..i dont think American college graduates ends up as janitors and house-keepers..In a healthy economy,there should be distinction between skilled and unskilled workers and not the blurred lines like we have here.
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by paulynpen(m): 8:34am On Nov 01, 2017
Bolster:

This is the bane of intellectual development of Nigerian youths.

The World Bank gathered and analyzed comprehensive quantitative data to compare business regulation environments across 190 economies and selected cities at the subnational and regional level in order to provide objective measures of business regulations and their enforcement.

Yet, you think you know better than them without any qualitative research or quantitative analysis from you, but mere emotions and sentiments.

Do you think serious businessmen and institutional investors relay on childish emotions and namby-pamby sentiments? FYI, they don't. They relay on more scientific researches like this World Bank Doing Business Report.

If it was so easy to do business under GEJ why weren't we where we are today in the ranking during his tenure?

Meanwhile, who appointed those men and women presently driving the force of reforms going on in the business environment in Nigeria? Goodluck Jonathan abi? SMH.
Hahahaha. Now to be sincere with yourself what really improved? Why are we this gullible? How do you manage to graduate from a university? I am still amazed at our crave for easy gratification. I was expecting you to give me the possible analysis of what caused d purported improvement. There is no improvement in power and fuel price jump from 87 to 145, security is at it lowest ebb. Naira is depreciating with a very bad debt to external reserve ratio, gridlock still taking serious toll on working hours, loan acquisition and financing is in Limbo, and someone is coming to tell you that we have improve tremendously you took it hook line and sinker? Without asking him how? You see if I were your parents I would have invested your school fees in rearing goats and pigs, its more profitable. Kai! Now Iknow why they say Nigerian ggraduates are unemployable
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by fleetfeet: 11:32am On Nov 01, 2017
You people? Who are they?
FarahAideed:

If yiu think the Buhari is working , has ever worked or is planning to work then I feel pity for you ..You people will not attempt to use this lame useless data as justification why Buhari needs another term
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by mechanics(m): 12:21pm On Nov 01, 2017
Nice, God be with our leaders.
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by saraki2019(m): 2:26pm On Nov 01, 2017
Carter4luv:

How do I go about it saraki?
click my signature to start
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by Apipia: 3:39pm On Nov 01, 2017
Ngokafor:

Please,please and please..its an anomally to graduate from Universties and end up selling meat,okrika and shoes by the road side..Its a clear sign of a dying economy and nothing to do with hard-work...Perhaps you will say same when Doctors ends up as sales boys and girls?

Except its a personal passion..i dont think American college graduates ends up as janitors and house-keepers..In a healthy economy,there should be distinction between skilled and unskilled workers and not the blurred lines like we have here.
Keep day dreaming. What baffles me dropping America, in matters like these. Are you aware millions of America college graduates are unemployed? Live on the streets? Depends upon food coupons to have decent meals? Wise up, there aint NO perfect economy anywhere in the world.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by zinizta: 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2017
Bolster:

Have you read the full World Bank Doing Business Report for 2018? I have. You should too.

I know if you do you won't be here saying statistics of Abuja and Lagos was used to extract a conclusion on the country. I have read it and I know all the 36 States including FCT was analyzed in that report.

Go check the report. It is over 200 pages. But there's a special report on Nigeria, it is 122 pages. Go and read. You will be enlightened.

If you're too lazy to read the whole report go to their website, use a good browser and you can select each state to check their reports.

Nigerian youths are so lazy and used to sitting on their bums and reeling out lame assumptions.

Research. Read. Be. Enlightened.
May God Bless You Abundantly For This Comment.

There Is An Epidemic Of Ignorance Among These folks Who Will Rather Talk Than Listen, Condemn Than Learn, Nag Than Believe...

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by Bolster(m): 3:31am On Nov 02, 2017
FarahAideed:

You are just a salary earner while I am a serial entrepreneur who has done feats you can only dream off so I know what I am saying ..I have no doubt that who ever came up with lame ranking must have used just a point of data and it must be new ease of registering a business in Nigeria which is courtesy some modern thinking leadership at the CAC and not your useless leader called Buhari ...any attemp by sadist buharist like you self to use this lame ranking as an achievement has definitely failed because we know the truth..In all my years of running multiple innovation driven businesses i can tell yiu for free doing business in Nigeria has never been harder than it is under the directionless rudderless leaderahip of the useless Buhari .

Responding to you is probably a waste of my precious time because you ignorance stinks to heaven.

It is obvious you haven't read the report. Is that how you run your so-called "multiple innovation driven businesses"? Lol. I can imagine what kind of businesses you run with your weak and unsubstantiated assumptions. By the way if you have to shout to people what you've achieved, it is obvious your achievements aren't big enough.

Meanwhile, let me educate you a little. You see the report considered the following areas:
1. Starting a business
2. Dealing with construction permits
3. Getting electricity
4. Registering properties
5. Getting credits
6. Protecting minority investors
7. Paying taxes
8. Trading across borders
9. Enforcing contracts
10. Resolving insolvency
11. Labour market regulation

Then about the modern thinking in CAC, why wasn't the modern thinking done under GEJ? Why is the modern thinking happening under the " direction less, rudderless leadership of the useless Buhari"? Guy, why is critical thinking such a stress to you?

Listen, if you can't even attempt to read the report prepared by highly educated and intelligent individuals in the World Bank, then it is sheer waste of time debating you on the report.

Go. Read. Comprehend. Then come back and let's discuss the report. Otherwise, stay off my intellectual town and wallow in your ignorance-ville.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by Bolster(m): 3:49am On Nov 02, 2017
paulynpen:

Hahahaha. Now to be sincere with yourself what really improved? Why are we this gullible? How do you manage to graduate from a university? I am still amazed at our crave for easy gratification. I was expecting you to give me the possible analysis of what caused d purported improvement. There is no improvement in power and fuel price jump from 87 to 145, security is at it lowest ebb. Naira is depreciating with a very bad debt to external reserve ratio, gridlock still taking serious toll on working hours, loan acquisition and financing is in Limbo, and someone is coming to tell you that we have improve tremendously you took it hook line and sinker? Without asking him how? You see if I were your parents I would have invested your school fees in rearing goats and pigs, its more profitable. Kai! Now Iknow why they say Nigerian ggraduates are unemployable

This is the problem with guys like you. Y'all too lazy to read. Have you read the World Bank report? No. How then can you judge or condemn what you're ignorant about? You guys are just a pathetic case of study.

Instead of sticking to the topic you decided to insult me. But I understand your lame tactics. Digress and derail the flow of the topic with insults because you're too dumb to understand the topic.

Anyway, I don't trade insults with kids but I will rather educate you.

So, here are the areas the report discussed:
1. Starting a business
3. Getting electricity
5. Getting credits
7. Paying taxes
9. Enforcing contracts
10. Resolving insolvency

Pray, tell where is the issue of price of fuel from "87 to 145" comes in? Where does security comes in? Where does Naira exchange rate comes in? Where does gridlock on the road comes in? Where does your so-called "bad debt to external reserve ratio" comes in? These are even issues you have no idea about, because if you do you won't raised them as points. That's so weak.

Harken, I'm not your average Joe, if you want to talk about issues like this you must be in the know. Don't come here and sputter flapdoodle and you think I will let it go.
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by Bolster(m): 3:58am On Nov 02, 2017
zinizta:
May God Bless You Abundantly For This Comment.

There Is An Epidemic Of Ignorance Among These folks Who Will Rather Talk Than Listen, Condemn Than Learn, Nag Than Believe...

Absolutely.

It is so sad.

The high-stakes ignorance is alarming. Sometimes I read comments on this forum and I get afraid for the future of this country. With so much ignorance amongst our youth, how can this country ever move forward.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by Bolster(m): 4:08am On Nov 02, 2017
fleetfeet:

The level of ignorance people display here is pathetic. I weep for my country.

You know sometimes I don't even bother to respond to some of these guys, but occasional I just attempt to correct and educate them, yet all I get back are insults.

What kind of future lies ahead for Nigeria when our youths are too lazy to learn, too eager to embrace get-rich-quick schemes, too slow to read and so quick to insult?

Our leaders are alarmingly corrupt and our youths are hopelessly ignorant and pitiably lazy. We need a miracle in this country.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by paulynpen(m): 12:45pm On Nov 02, 2017
Bolster:

This is the problem with guys like you. Y'all too lazy to read. Have you read the World Bank report? No. How then can you judge or condemn what you're ignorant about? You guys are just a pathetic case of study.

Instead of sticking to the topic you decided to insult me. But I understand your lame tactics. Digress and derail the flow of the topic with insults because you're too dumb to understand the topic.

Anyway, I don't trade insults with kids but I will rather educate you.

So, here are the areas the report discussed:
1. Starting a business
3. Getting electricity
5. Getting credits
7. Paying taxes
9. Enforcing contracts
10. Resolving insolvency

Pray, tell where is the issue of price of fuel from "87 to 145" comes in? Where does security comes in? Where does Naira exchange rate comes in? Where does gridlock on the road comes in? Where does your so-called "bad debt to external reserve ratio" comes in? These are even issues you have no idea about, because if you do you won't raised them as points. That's so weak.

Harken, I'm not your average Joe, if you want to talk about issues like this you must be in the know. Don't come here and sputter flapdoodle and you think I will let it go.

Are you really serious or you just been mischievous? You mean naira depreciation does not affect ease of doing business? Then why are many companies folding up because of naira value. Are you telling me that starting business has become easier because there is constant power supply, accessible road and or good loan facilities? You see like Nigeria I have given up on you. You prefer world bank book to the realities staring you in the face. They told you your eyes are behind and you believed because it is in the book, that is exactly my one with you. Its really pathetic that the so called no ordinary Joe is this " intelligent" its really disheartening... Hmmm SMH
You are putting up a list for me without seeing how you are nailing yourself? Just go away! Go away am no gonna talk with you
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by zinizta: 5:42am On Nov 08, 2017
paulynpen:

Are you really serious or you just been mischievous? You mean naira depreciation does not affect ease of doing business? Then why are many companies folding up because of naira value. Are you telling me that starting business has become easier because there is constant power supply, accessible road and or good loan facilities? You see like Nigeria I have given up on you. You prefer world bank book to the realities staring you in the face. They told you your eyes are behind and you believed because it is in the book, that is exactly my one with you. Its really pathetic that the so called no ordinary Joe is this " intelligent" its really disheartening... Hmmm SMH
You are putting up a list for me without seeing how you are nailing yourself? Just go away! Go away am no gonna talk with you
You Are Not Financially Literate We Understand.

Cause It Sucks When You Have To Spoon Feed A Grown Man...

You Are At Liberty To Believe What You Want

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by paulynpen(m): 11:29am On Nov 09, 2017
zinizta:
You Are Not Financially Literate We Understand.

Cause It Sucks When You Have To Spoon Feed A Grown Man...

You Are At Liberty To Believe What You Want
Hahahaha... You are really financially literate and you can not link the ease of doing business with fall in naira... Your knowledge in finance is all poo. I would have been intimidated if you provided useful points contrary to mine... Its a pity you are a local financial champion
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by zinizta: 2:25pm On Nov 09, 2017
paulynpen:

Hahahaha... You are really financially literate and you can not link the ease of doing business with fall in naira... Your knowledge in finance is all poo. I would have been intimidated if you provided useful points contrary to mine... Its a pity you are a local financial champion

i Agree With You...

Feel Better Now ?
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by blackhinstan: 2:43pm On Nov 09, 2017
what was the Nigeria position before you came into power??/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Campaign In Mecca, Desecration Of Religious Sanctuary – NAHCON / Tribunal sacks PDP Reps, Senate Candidates; affirms Fom (Reps), Lalong (Senate) / Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.