Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) (16225 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Protest Release Of Boko Haram Terrorists / Widows Of Soldiers Protest Release Of Repentant Boko Haram Terrorists / Retired Soldiers Stranded On The Streets Abuja, Cry Out For Help (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by morereb10: 11:27am On Nov 01, 2017
This is an ongoing protest in FCT Abuja. Some retired officers of the Nigeria Army today, being Wednesday 1st November 2017 protested in Abuja, the nation’s capital, over their unpaid entitlements.

The ‘old soldiers,’ believed to be in their 70s and 80s, chanted war songs at the Unity Fountain, Abuja. “We are soldiers, we fought for the nation, we are old now no pension,” the protesters could be heard singing.

The development came two weeks after President Muhammadu Buhari approved the payment of pension to police personnel who served under the defunct Biafran police during the civil war. The protesters insisted that if ex-Biafran police could get their pensions, their case should not be forgotten.

Some inscriptions on their placards read;

‘As ex-Biafran police deserve pension, the ex-Nigerian soldiers also deserve pension benefit. Buhari approve payment to us, please’;

‘President Buhari don’t let us die, we can’t enjoy our benefits in the grave’; ‘Buhari save us from hunger’.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/11/retired-nigerian-soldiers-stage-massive.html

Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by magoo10(m): 11:31am On Nov 01, 2017
In their bid to cover up the real issues behind the biafra agitations the dullard and his cohorts decided to pay pension of exbiafra policemen and soldiers after so many years of which many of them are dead, forgetting the Nigerian soldiers and policemen owed pensions over decades of which many are also dead.
I am very happy that all this is happening at a time when one of the worst leaders in the history of Nigeria came back to power to see all the evil foundations they laid for future Nigerians.
Even in absentia nnamdi kanu continues to expose the evil deeds of past and present leaders including the dullard in power today.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 01, 2017
the buhari you people are calling is dead
jubrin from Sudan abeg do something

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by clevvermind(m): 11:50am On Nov 01, 2017
I AM HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS BUHARI'S ADMINISTRATION. MANY ARE IN PAINS AND HUNGER. 2019 SHOULD COME QUICKLY.

5 Likes

Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by Oluwasegun664(m): 11:50am On Nov 01, 2017
Pls Nairalander, I dont mind if my question cn b in FP..
Pls how do I pay a handling fee to new Zealand embassy at south Africa... I applied a visit visa n I was told to send my passport to their embassy at south Africa... Tnx

1 Like

Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by funnynation(m): 11:51am On Nov 01, 2017
So una no fit allow Buhari enjoy his new month in peace? Just small pension wey dey wan pay Biafra to make them fit forget about agitation una don carry una round cap go dey form group?
Ayam not understanding una oo. So only five of una wan do the protest.

I know say some people dey expect me to say "Thunder Fire Buhari".....but I no wan disturb thunder now bcs thunder dey on his way to London to ask Conte, Rudiger and Bakayoko when will be coming back to fire them one by one. Common una no fit play

4 Likes

Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by Adams011(m): 11:52am On Nov 01, 2017
This is serious
Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by DONADAMS(m): 11:52am On Nov 01, 2017
Nigeria matter sef
Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by nairavsdollars(f): 11:53am On Nov 01, 2017
Yet, one of their own is the President and Commander-in- Chief of the country. Imagine FG not paying Buhari his pensions
Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by ObamaOsama: 11:53am On Nov 01, 2017
even soldiers buhari will not pay, I think say soldiers are him friends
Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by Edonojie007(m): 11:54am On Nov 01, 2017
What Will I Even Say,is There Anything Like Administration In This Zoo Country,which Was Almost Splitted By The Home Of The Rising Imagination.
And Even Imagine 90s And 80s Prostesting Now Under The Spirit Of Jealousy,for What?
PLEASE NIGERIANS,STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF,WE ARE IN MILITRY RULE,AND STOP COMPARING YOURSELVES WITH COUNTRIES IN CIVILIAN RULE LIKE GERMANY,US,CANADA,SPAIN E.T.C WHERE DEMOCRACY SPEAKs.
So In A Nut-shell; HAPPY GOVERNMENT.
Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by adem30: 11:54am On Nov 01, 2017
clevvermind:
I AM HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS BUHARI'S ADMINISTRATION. MANY ARE IN PAINS AND HUNGER. 2019 SHOULD COME QUICKLY.

You should have asked them, when last did they received their pension. Let 2019 come. You don't have more than one PVC

2 Likes

Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 01, 2017
LETS VOTE WISELY IN 2019......................
DIS PPU SUPPOSE HEAR AM FROM US IN 2019...
MAKE DEM KNW SAY POWER RESIDES WITH US

2 Likes

Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by niceprof: 11:54am On Nov 01, 2017
Biafra has awakened something in the average Nigerian's conscience ..Nnamdi Kanu,i celebrate you.

2 Likes

Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 01, 2017
Yet, people dey hustle Nigerian Army job.
Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by CriticMaestro: 11:56am On Nov 01, 2017
Old soldier never dies
Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by kasmail(m): 11:56am On Nov 01, 2017
Wen in service, na to dey beat civilian up and down instead of saving for future. Anyway sorry o.. It is well
Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by anibi9674: 11:56am On Nov 01, 2017
Fg abeg pay them their money.
Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by EmperorLee(m): 11:57am On Nov 01, 2017
There was a nation. Smh
Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by Pidginwhisper: 11:57am On Nov 01, 2017
magoo10:
[s]In their bid to cover up the real issues behind the biafra agitations the dullard and his cohorts decided to pay pension of exbiafra policemen and soldiers after so many years of which many of them are dead, forgetting the Nigerian soldiers and policemen owed pensions over decades of which many are also dead.
I am very happy that all this is happening at a time when one of the worst leaders in the history of Nigeria came back to power to see all the evil foundations they laid for future Nigerians.
Even in absentia nnamdi kanu continues to expose the evil deeds of past and present leaders including the dullard.
[/s]
You beta go write book..make you no waste your talent for here undecided

1 Like

Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by josipho: 11:57am On Nov 01, 2017
This country is doomed
Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by femo122: 12:00pm On Nov 01, 2017
sad

Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by magoo10(m): 12:00pm On Nov 01, 2017
Pidginwhisper:
You beta go write book..make you no waste your talent for here undecided
doing that already sir.
Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by Jerrypolo(m): 12:00pm On Nov 01, 2017
Oluwasegun664:
Pls Nairalander, I dont mind if my question cn b in FP..
Pls how do I pay a handling fee to new Zealand embassy at south Africa... I applied a visit visa n I was told to send my passport to their embassy at south Africa... Tnx

You are about being scammed!!!

I repeat!!!, you are about being scammed!!!.
Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by mgbadike81: 12:00pm On Nov 01, 2017
I only saw five retired terrorists hiding their faces behind placards.
Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by Pidginwhisper: 12:02pm On Nov 01, 2017
magoo10:
doing that already sir.
That one sef dey

Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by birdsview(m): 12:02pm On Nov 01, 2017
magoo10:
In their bid to cover up the real issues behind the biafra agitations the dullard and his cohorts decided to pay pension of exbiafra policemen and soldiers after so many years of which many of them are dead, forgetting the Nigerian soldiers and policemen owed pensions over decades of which many are also dead.
Even in absentia nnamdi kanu continues to expose the evil deeds of past and present leaders including the dullard.
The hate in you is blinding
Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by yomalex(m): 12:04pm On Nov 01, 2017
this is despicable
Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by checkolatunji: 12:05pm On Nov 01, 2017
magoo10:

1 Like

Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by Sandrapreti(f): 12:05pm On Nov 01, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) by checkolatunji: 12:05pm On Nov 01, 2017
lucky999:
the buhari you people are calling is dead

jubrin from Sudan abeg do something

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gboyega Nasir Isiaka Shares Chin-chin & Cake - Ogun Governorship ADC Aspirant / Osun 2022: APC, PDP Scuffle Leave Five Injured In Ede / LAWMA Serves Intention To Seal Notices On Some Businesses In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.