Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,884 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Tailor: Generator To Use Where There's No Electricity - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Tailor: Generator To Use Where There's No Electricity (4851 Views)

Secure Your Store, Shop With Our 4G Solar CCTV. No Electricity Needed / Lady Told Her Tailor To Make A Simple Gown For Her. See What She Got / Ankara Style A Tailor Said Is N85,000 (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tailor: Generator To Use Where There's No Electricity by Okadalifestyle(m): 11:38am On Nov 01, 2017
Due to the recent change in weather the transformer in my area when off for over a week now. And you will agree that this is the time fashion designers and tailors make good profit from the business. In order not to disappoint my esteemed customers, I want to know the kind of generator I can buy to suit my need. I have 3industrial machines and two steam irons.

Re: Tailor: Generator To Use Where There's No Electricity by jef1710: 1:00pm On Nov 01, 2017
Can you tell me about the load of the machines which is going to be put on the generator, also the expected usage time?

Yamaha Portable Generators | Generac 6551 22kW Generators

1 Like

Re: Tailor: Generator To Use Where There's No Electricity by ShofoworaIV(m): 10:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
Okadalifestyle:
Due to the recent change in weather the transformer in my area when off for over a week now. And you will agree that this is the time fashion designers and tailors make good profit from the business. In order not to disappoint my esteemed customers, I want to know the kind of generator I can buy to suit my need. I have 3industrial machines and two steam irons.

The motor of your 3 industrial machines has 250watts, usually most industrial uses the same 250watts, that multiply by 3 that's a total of 750watts.

The Iron consumes a maximum of 2400watts if you have 2 that's 4800watts.

I believe you use bulbs in your shop and the watts varies from 5watts, 13watts, 100watts e.t.c
If you use the florescent bulbs I would just estimate it to 100watts
If you use the yellow bulbs, just one of that is 100watts.

If you have a regular sound system 50watts would do, 60watts fan too.

If you put everything together you have 5760watts then you multiply that by 2 to get the Kva(thats what you would look for in the generator specs) and that's 11520watts so you should get a Generator that has more than 11.5kva say 12kva or greater to make the generator last long, has generators are made for backups but here in Nigeria they are a big joy to electricity.
To get 11.5kva or 12kva might be expensive for so you have to drop 1 iron.
So our new calculations would exclude 2400watts (by 2 4800watts)
The total estimate for your shop would then be 3370wats (by 2 6720watts)
Now you should know that your generator would be running 6.7kva meaning 7kva but you should get 7.5kva or greater for a good generator life span.

Check the below out.
Firman 7KVA ECO 10990ES

Elepaq 7.5KVA EC15000CXS

You can do google search for the price too.

I hope this helps you and anybody else. Like and share please. Cheers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tailor: Generator To Use Where There's No Electricity by Blendluv01(m): 12:51pm On Jun 27, 2020
Please has anyone used HP Elepaq EC S6000 CX before? Is it durable?

(1) (Reply)

Ready To Wear, Bespoke, Female Fashion / How To Grow A Bigger Sexy Butt / Photos: Top Nigerian Celebs Model Yomi Casual's New Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.