Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,362 members, 7,957,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:14 AM

Look Before You Leap(an Advice Needed) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Look Before You Leap(an Advice Needed) (661 Views)

Don't Make This Mistake, Think And Ask Questions, Before You Leap! / I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice / TGI Management Trainee Program (LEAP) 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Look Before You Leap(an Advice Needed) by Megabig: 5:09pm On Nov 01, 2017
Hello Nairalanders,

Good afternoon and a happy New month to you all,I am currently writing this from my cubicle(tiny space assigned to me at work) to search for possible steps to take as I believe my instincts have failed me this time,let me make it real quick and short....
I got my present job 4 months ago meanwhile I was already working with a consulting firm before this one,I had very good colleagues,friendly working environment,a very intelligent head and also I am tutored(official training) at least once in a week,.
I walked into the office one day when a colleague of mine told me he is about to tender his resignation(gin g for studies Abroad),I felt so bad because we were very close and we also argue a lot which usually leads to a perfect ending,his departure made me the boss in my department,I was seen as the next in line to my boss,things continued to work smoothly until a faithful day,we got a mail on salary cut on gross,It's came as a joke to us all until the end of the month when we received the "stipend",I decided to adjust and start applying in other places,attend a number of interviews and was finally offered a post in my present firm(This firm is not up to one year in operation).
I was not too happy to leave my formal place because I knew I had a lot of opportunities there,the welfare of employees was top notch and I have always doubted if I could ever get same elsewhere, I honourable tendered my resignation and I was invited three times by my boss,operations manager and also the accounts officer for reasons ,I "Lied" I was getting married and need to relocate with my family...It was hard and I was finally allowed to leave.
Now am in my new job and I think am going crazy, issues started when our head's wife returned from abroad to head a department in the firm, first we were blocked from visiting jobsites,normal closing hour turned from 6pm to at least 8pm,her son interfers in whatever proposal my department presents,in fact he decides and there is no two ways about it.
My communication with my friends and family has dropped,am totally tired,no single training so far since 4 months,I have no head therefore I work as a head and also an assistant,my salary have been deducted twice due to simple mistakes which I didn't even make...
Today I walked into the office and realised I cannot use Google.com, oh yes I cannot,I sent a mail and was told it was blocked by the IT on the instruction of the Owners son..Am using nairaland via my phone guys and I cannot check anything asides the office application and the outlook given to me at work.
I don't even have anyone to scold me if I make mistakes, Am just left to work and that's it, no structure and they are never ready to abide by the codes stated in the offer letter,if I arrive 8:13am is trouble but I will leave later than the stipulated time on my offer letter and they have no issues about that.
People on nairaland please I need your advice as I am really going crazy..
Searching for a job when out of a job in Nigeria is a huge problem,am really scared of sitting at home while searching for a job. But also know that I am frustrated.

Please I do need an advice on the next step to take as things are difficult right here,Also know that I work as a robot(I only do what am asked to do).I am also not interested in the salary again(not even enough)

Before you leave your job,please look well as it may not be easy on the other side of the road...

Advice me pls...

Thanks
Re: Look Before You Leap(an Advice Needed) by drasob: 7:03pm On Nov 01, 2017
Having gone through your post, I must say that I feel your pain but I believe you allowed greed get a better of you.

Nevertheless I am not here to cast aspersions on you but to offer my advice

1) I would advise you start looking for other jobs using your phone, since your office Internet access has been restricted.

2) I would advise you eat the humble pie and seek for ways to return to your former employer. It's not too late to correct the wrong. I have seen it happen before.

3) If you are interested in entrepreneurship, this might be the time to take the plunge.

Your write up is much appreciated. As some people will get to learn from your mistake rather than making theirs.

The grass is not always greener on the other side.

1 Like

Re: Look Before You Leap(an Advice Needed) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 01, 2017
Op, I understand what u have discussed because I worked in a company that had more strict rules than ur present condition. I resume 8am and don't have closing time ( it must be minimum of 5pm and maximum of infinity.) and even if I close by 10pm in a day, and maybe come to work 8:01 the following day, I'll be penalized. we don't bring phone at all to premises and d internet doesn't go beyond Google. Also, I never got any training for the two years. I used to be a very good optimist. until I left the company last month, I was probably the happiest person. what helped me may also help you.

1. Tell ur friends and family members that u are always busy dat u can't entertain call during d day.
2. Start saving as much as possible so that you can leave in earnest.
3. Search and apply for as many jobs as possible early in the morning before you go to work.
4. Develop a very cordial relationship between other heads of dept so dey will believe u are really enjoying the job (this is good especially if you have to lie in other to attend another interview)
5. Always help other employees to see the benefits of not using phone at work in that it improves the productivity. ( this makes the management feel that you are "a friend of the company" and hence will entitle u for other benefits).
6. I don't know weda u are a male or female, (u can occasionally work overtime free for them so u can get their favour.
7. pray
I did dem and dey worked for me.
Re: Look Before You Leap(an Advice Needed) by StPete: 10:37pm On Nov 01, 2017
maduabuchi2014:

I was enjoying ur comments until I got to nos 5 and 6. Those comments are terrible cos they make you a pretender and a snitch. Why should someone show a good appearance outside while having a different thought inside. What do you think his colleagues would call him if they somehow learns about his browsing from home? Oga pretence is the worst thing ever and is killing this country. Someone should be bold enough to point the wrongs of these Employers cos the worst they can ever do is to ask you to go and believe me, you will fair better wen u leave

(1) (Reply)

Vacancies Here!! / 2018/2019 Fully Funded World Bank Paid Summer Internships, USA / Drury Industries Limited Fresh Job Recruitment {14 Positions}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.