Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,122 members, 7,838,845 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Don't Make This Mistake, Think And Ask Questions, Before You Leap! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Don't Make This Mistake, Think And Ask Questions, Before You Leap! (419 Views)

Is It Right Or Wrong For A Candidate To Ask Questions (s) During An Interview? / TGI Management Trainee Program (LEAP) 2019 / Look Before You Leap(an Advice Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Make This Mistake, Think And Ask Questions, Before You Leap! by FX2BROWN: 9:50pm On May 01, 2022
I worked in an organization for 3 years, was in the corporate department where loans were given to salary earners only. I only go to work on Mondays, that's 4 times a month.
My take-home was on commission, sometimes, my pay might be #70,500 while on worst case, it could be #17,000. Average of #45,000 to #50,000 monthly.
A friend connected me to another job of #151,000 @ Surulere with lovely packages. The company was into loan and I was posted to Mushin. I later threw in my resignation at my previous place.
After a month, in my new place, a colleague spoke to me in parable, that, "Why did you resign from your peaceful job to this one?". I gave me all the excuses, but with a look of askance, he left.
The 2nd month, the Team Leads, were made to meet with the CEO. There we were made to sign an undertaking that if we have default of 5% above our loan portfolio, our salary would be withheld, failure to append our signature, means resignation.
That month, we booked #13 million loan and had 45% default combined by various Team units.
We were not paid for the 3rd month, because we had signed that the unpaid obligation most be below 5%. By the 4th month, we had reduced it to 18%, but management could not pay us. At this point, some staffs had resigned.
5th month, it was reduced to 7% default, but funny enough, management did not still pay. I was angry and resigned. Uptil this moment, my 3 months salary was not paid!
My advice: Ask questions before you leave for another job, carry out research on the walfare of staff from old hands, pally with old hands to gather information and before you jump, look very well. To know the name of the coy: Send an e-mail to: fx2brown@gmail.com
God bless...
Re: Don't Make This Mistake, Think And Ask Questions, Before You Leap! by Amani004(m): 10:05am On May 02, 2022
Thanks for sharing.. very valid point

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Call For Application / A Candid Advice Is Needed Please / Hotel Front Desk Surulere Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.