Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals (13673 Views)

Looking For A University To Enrol In This September? / Uniben Emerges Winner Of The 6th I. O. Agbede National Advocacy Competition / Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by santos41: 7:25am On Nov 02, 2017
Big congrats! Double gbosa to my department in uniben. Keep the flag flying
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by santos41: 7:27am On Nov 02, 2017
Big congrats! double gbosa to my department in uniben. keep the flag flying
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by Dannyfan(m): 7:27am On Nov 02, 2017
Proudly Nigeria, hope we see more of it
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by SmartyPants(m): 7:28am On Nov 02, 2017
sinaj:
If you know it why dnt you just tell him.

The answer is staring him in the face... Such laziness must not be encouraged.
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by katniss(f): 7:29am On Nov 02, 2017
We the brains!
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by 2shure: 7:39am On Nov 02, 2017
uniben
i dey wa8 una for main gate
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 02, 2017
Omonoba1:
The Team Uniben has emerged Second place at the recently held 2017 PetroBowl Championship of the Society of Petroleum Engineers Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition held in San Antonio, Texas, USA.

This is the first time in the history of the competition that an African School will advance to the final stage. The University of Benin had its first match in the PetroBowl Championship against the King Fahd University of Petroleum and Mineral Resources, Saudi Arabia of which they won and moved to the round of sixteen to compete against the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil of which again the university of Benin won to advance to the Elite 8 to play against the University of Tulsa, Oklahoma, U.S.A of which the University of Benin won to qualify them to the final four of the PetroBowl competition.

In the final four, the University of Benin faced Batangas State University, Phillipines and won after which they advanced to the final play against Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM) to take the second place and clinched the silver medal.

The Dean, Faculty of Engineering, Prof. Kess Obahiagbon led the Head of Department, Petroleum Engineering, University of Benin, Dr. Kelani Bello along other staff and students of the department to present the award to the Vice-chancellor, Prof. F.F.O Orumwense at the Vice-chancellor’s conference room.

Receiving the award, the Vice-chancellor, Prof. Osasere Orumwense who was overwhelmed by the performance of the students, thanked them for making Uniben proud and encouraged them to continue to soar higher.
Speaking, the Dean, Faculty of Engineering, University of Benin, Prof. Kess Obahiagbon informed the Vice-chancellor that only two students from the University of Benin participated in the competition as against five students from other universities as the other three students had visa restrictions.

In his remarks, the Head of Department, Petroleum Engineering, University of Benin, Dr. kelani Bello reiterated the outstanding performance of the students from the University of Benin adding that their victory automatically qualifies them to participate at the 2018 Society of Petroleum Engineers Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition in Dallas, U.S.A.

In their various remarks, the Students Affairs Chair, Society of Petroleum Engineers, Benin Section and Faculty Sponsor/Advisor, Uniben Chapter, Engr. Giegbefumwen Peter Uyi and the Students expressed joy for their victory.

Team Uniben consist of five students which include Okon Samuel Iniobong, Osogba Oghenekaro, Oseghale Aloysius, Anyaezu Tobenna, Henry Monday Oguns and Thompson Edidiong represented the Society of Petroleum Engineers, Africa region at the Annual Technical Conference 2017 International PetroBowl contest and the International Paper contest respectively

Source>>http://news.uniben.edu/2017/11/team-uniben-emerges-first-african-university-advance-final-stage-2017-petrobowl-championship-held-san-antonio-texas-u-s/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

This is my alumni. Uniben for life

1 Like

Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by vioment: 8:12am On Nov 02, 2017
This is commendable. cheesy
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by wonder233: 8:48am On Nov 02, 2017
I'm a proud alumnus of UNIBEN!
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 02, 2017
Cc: Salford, TUBLES, magnifik18 and all you foreigners
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by mechanics(m): 9:02am On Nov 02, 2017
Congratulations to them, they have made Nigerians proud, good students.
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by mikeng: 9:34am On Nov 02, 2017
Princecalm:

Do you really need someone to answer that?

No offence.
Get lost if you can't answer me
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by Princecalm(m): 9:37am On Nov 02, 2017
sinaj:
If you know it why dnt you just tell him.

and you think he doesn't know it
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by percyshelu(m): 9:37am On Nov 02, 2017
Nigerians are too brainy, 2 against 5, e no eaay
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by Princecalm(m): 9:48am On Nov 02, 2017
mikeng:

Ok undecided
mikeng:

Ok
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by Lilimax(f): 10:03am On Nov 02, 2017
Congratulations my alma mata Unibest smiley
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:27am On Nov 02, 2017
Orgasmic! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy. Proud of my alma mater! grin

1 Like

Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by Estellar: 10:59am On Nov 02, 2017
Alexbrain:
Uniben my UNIBEN!!!
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by Estellar: 11:00am On Nov 02, 2017
PrimadonnaO:
Orgasmic! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy. Proud of my alma mater! grin
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by Tedassie(m): 11:14am On Nov 02, 2017
This is great news,big ups to them
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 02, 2017
Pidgin2:
Cc: Salford, TUBLES, magnifik18 and all you foreigners

Like, can you be more childish; dragging people from one irrelevant topic to the next!

Trust me, if I were attending to every single post and comments on nairaland, I would be broke.

Maturity starts when drama ends; call me when you grow up.

Ibtwn; Congrats to the individuals you blogged or the blogger posted about. Success is indeed fulfilling.
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 02, 2017
Magnifik18:

Like, can you be more childish; dragging people from one irrelevant topic to the next!

Trust me, if I were attending to every single post and comments on nairaland, I would be broke.

Maturity starts when drama ends; call me when you grow up.

Ibtwn;Congrats to the individuals you blogged or the blogger posted about. Success is indeed fulfilling.

Yeah, FYI these are Nigerians schooling in Nigeria, a country you called a failed nation is achieving this, can any good thing come from a failed country?
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by Emekaz99: 1:07pm On Nov 02, 2017
Yea congrats to them. I was in the qualifying rounds held at the department but couldn't make the team. Hope to be there next year.

1 Share

Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by gaffyGIFT: 3:28pm On Nov 02, 2017
UNIBEST, UNISTRESS, UNIBRAIN ........ I HONOUR MY SCHOOL UNIBEN.....
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by Patrich221: 3:32pm On Nov 02, 2017
We wish to say a very big congratulations to all candidates who will be making their way down to the university this academic session. we congratulate you fro your effort which eventually granted you success but above all we all know that it is simply the grace of God that saw you through.
However, we wish to let everyone who could not further into the university simply because of their WAEC or NECO. There is an opportunity for you, it takes your courage and believe to make it through this time. remember, if it is only WAEC or NECO that is your problem, that is to say with your WAEC results and NECO complete your admission is set and settled,
OR
That you are a graduate but did not come out of the university with a certificate but wants to work or you that you did not go to the university but needs a job because you are very skilled and talented.
Then contact us for immediate assistance that will make you smile once again..call us on 09075188015. With God all things are possible. Do not waste another one year sitting at home when there is an alternative
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 02, 2017
gaffyGIFT:
UNIBEST, UNISTRESS, UNIBRAIN ........ I HONOUR MY SCHOOL UNIBEN.....

The stress in that school is much but the certificate is so worth it smiley

1 Like

Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by misstiq(f): 6:44pm On Nov 02, 2017
victorakpabome:

This is my alumni. Uniben for life
Chill honey. It's your alma mater. And you're an alumnus. Capisce?
#proudlyuniben
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by Emekaz99: 8:58pm On Nov 02, 2017
donneco:
Should have been the National champion , UNIUYO representing Africa but thanks to issues with getting visa, my boys couldn't travel.
Anyway, Kudos to UNIBEN for making Nigeria and Africa proud.
Yea but UNIUYO went na. They were eliminated in the first round.
Re: Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals by Vioncy(f): 9:33am On Nov 03, 2017
though am not a student of UNIBEN, but I will always rep her because one day I WILL MAKE HER PROUD

(1) (2) (Reply)

To School And Work In Sweden:tuition Free! / Nairaland Featured In Oye: Journal Of Language, Literature And Popular Culture / Photos From MTN Tour In LASU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.