Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Can You Buy This Artwork Made By A Nigerian For 3million? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Can You Buy This Artwork Made By A Nigerian For 3million? (2094 Views)

Can Someone Help Identify The Media/materials Used In This Artwork? *pix* / Check Out This Artwork Of Albert Einstein I Just Drew / See This Artwork Done By 10-Year-Old Kareem Waris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Buy This Artwork Made By A Nigerian For 3million? by aolumaxi(m): 2:29pm On Nov 02, 2017
This artwork alongside many others is currently being exhibited at the October rain 2017 exhibition

starting bid, 3,000,000

I thought its only oyinbo people that sell stuff like this sha

cc. Erad,
lalasticlala,
explorers,
cao,

Re: Can You Buy This Artwork Made By A Nigerian For 3million? by lalanice(f): 2:33pm On Nov 02, 2017
where is d work ?? lol

1 Like

Re: Can You Buy This Artwork Made By A Nigerian For 3million? by teresafaith: 2:51pm On Nov 02, 2017
J
Re: Can You Buy This Artwork Made By A Nigerian For 3million? by wordbank(m): 2:53pm On Nov 02, 2017
N30k just to encourage the artist
Re: Can You Buy This Artwork Made By A Nigerian For 3million? by aolumaxi(m): 3:09pm On Nov 02, 2017
teresafaith:
J
j for justify
Re: Can You Buy This Artwork Made By A Nigerian For 3million? by aolumaxi(m): 3:10pm On Nov 02, 2017
wordbank:
N30k just to encourage the artist
encourage u say? the artist is not an upcoming one ooo... a well renowned artist

two people have already bidded down sef
Re: Can You Buy This Artwork Made By A Nigerian For 3million? by wordbank(m): 3:12pm On Nov 02, 2017
aolumaxi:
encourage u say? the artist is not an upcoming one ooo... a well renowned artist

two people have already bidded down sef
Ask how much they're bidding
Re: Can You Buy This Artwork Made By A Nigerian For 3million? by aolumaxi(m): 3:13pm On Nov 02, 2017
wordbank:

Ask how much they're bidding
its in the image, the highest bid so far is 3.2 million
Re: Can You Buy This Artwork Made By A Nigerian For 3million? by 4lorunsho(m): 3:55pm On Nov 02, 2017
as for me I don't know about art and I can't cherish it like the people involved. For bless. for those who will love to travel to Israel check my signature .
Re: Can You Buy This Artwork Made By A Nigerian For 3million? by cao(f): 6:10pm On Nov 02, 2017
Nope.
Re: Can You Buy This Artwork Made By A Nigerian For 3million? by DerrickM(m): 11:11pm On Nov 02, 2017
My good Lord,this is a sacrilege and a travesty to the genre of art. This shows how lazy the artist has gotten to draw something. Even digital artists are more serious online and can't try rubbish like this. Pay 3million for a rough sketch like that heck no even if i got that kind of cash. Scratch that make that never. embarassed undecided shocked angry cry

aolumaxi:
This artwork alongside many others is currently being exhibited at the October rain 2017 exhibition

starting bid, 3,000,000

I thought its only oyinbo people that sell stuff like this sha

cc. Erad,
lalasticlala,
explorers,
cao,
Re: Can You Buy This Artwork Made By A Nigerian For 3million? by Slimszy: 9:10am On Nov 03, 2017
DerrickM:
My good Lord,this is a sacrilege and a travesty to the genre of art. This shows how lazy the artist has gotten to draw something. Even digital artists are more serious online and can't try rubbish like this. Pay 3million for a rough sketch like that heck no even if i got that kind of cash. Scratch that make that never. embarassed undecided shocked angry cry

Lol... You don't know anything about art.. Kindly research about the Legendary (Yusuf Grillo) born 1934.. This is the least price i have seen his work being sold.. His works sells for millions
Re: Can You Buy This Artwork Made By A Nigerian For 3million? by Slimszy: 9:14am On Nov 03, 2017
Some of his works

Re: Can You Buy This Artwork Made By A Nigerian For 3million? by Slimszy: 9:16am On Nov 03, 2017
The Legendary Yusuf Grillo

Re: Can You Buy This Artwork Made By A Nigerian For 3million? by DerrickM(m): 1:00am On Nov 04, 2017
You know what i don't find funny are people like you online who think they know it all about everyone. If you knew my artistic background you wouldn't make that "callous" statement about me not knowing anything about art which is quite ironic. It isn't a contest so i don't get what your big problem is. I don't really have to see things your way,okay and it was the OP who asked the question not you.

I didn't even take it serious that it was his work because of his level of detail in his finished works. If people want to pay for his doodle their cup of tea but i wouldn't. If not that the buyers are usually kept private i doubt it will be Nigerians bidding for it.

I am fully aware who Yusuf Grillo is and his contributions to Nigerian art. Yabatech dept of art doesn't pay homage to him for nothing. Thanks for the unnecessary lecture.

Slimszy:

Lol... You don't know anything about art.. Kindly research about the Legendary (Yusuf Grillo) born 1934.. This is the least price i have seen his work being sold.. His works sells for millions

1 Like

Re: Can You Buy This Artwork Made By A Nigerian For 3million? by Slimszy: 4:18am On Nov 04, 2017
DerrickM:
You know what i don't find funny are people like you online who think they know it all about everyone. If you knew my artistic background you wouldn't make that "callous" statement about me not knowing anything about art which is quite ironic. It isn't a contest so i don't get what your big problem is. I don't really have to see things your way,okay and it was the OP who asked the question not you.

I didn't even take it serious that it was his work because of his level of detail in his finished works. If people want to pay for his doodle their cup of tea but i wouldn't. If not that the buyers are usually kept private i doubt it will be Nigerians bidding for it.

I am fully aware who Yusuf Grillo is and his contributions to Nigerian art. Yabatech dept of art doesn't pay homage to him for nothing. Thanks for the unnecessary lecture.

Apologies for my choice of words. My comment was instigated by your use of 'sacrilege, lazy' and alternatively placing the artist side by side with a digital work.

As much as I respect your opinion (which is free), your critique is no way objective. The idea and inspiration behind the work must be respected.
Re: Can You Buy This Artwork Made By A Nigerian For 3million? by DerrickM(m): 3:04pm On Nov 04, 2017
No problem,apology accepted. Art is art regardless of the form and can stand side by side because i do both. The computer doesn't create magic only the artist making use of it as a medium. That common saying "garbage in and garbage out" is very true. The only reason i could catch up so easily with digital art in the last 2years was my background in traditional art and architecture combined.

Walk into the art shops on Ojuelegba road or Iyana Ipaja under bridge the cost of oil and acrylic paints is over the roof thanks to higher fx rate if you aren't getting well remunerated fro your art. Online you can get the digital brush sets for free for Photoshop and the like to do the same thing saving cost. The only difference is digital is faster less messy and the turnaround for delivery using a digital tab to a client is much faster.

That poster from a graphic design point of view didn't clearly state to me it was done by Yusuf Grillo because i have only viewed his finished works just like you posted. That is really why i commented in that way. It doesn't change the fact about what the general direction of art is changing with the attitude nowadays. Less work or dedication but want the money and fame in a flash. It's all good though,the times we live in. cool grin smiley

Slimszy:

Apologies for my choice of words. My comment was instigated by your use of 'sacrilege, lazy' and alternatively placing the artist side by side with a digital work.

As much as I respect your opinion (which is free), your critique is no way objective. The idea and inspiration behind the work must be respected.

(1) (Reply)

Best Photography Schools In Lagos Nigeria- 2022 Reviews / Please Rate My Female Friend Art Work, She Intend To Make It Big With Art. / Graphic Designer Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.