Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB (23902 Views)

IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Places N1m Bounty On All Igbo Governors / APC Caught Sharing Money To Northerners To Vote (video) / Niger Delta Militants Issue Quit Notice To Northerners Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by Sanchez01: 4:49pm On Nov 02, 2017

The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has said the President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, John Nwodo and South East governors sacrificed its leader, Nnamdi Kanu to appease the North in order to obtain political appointments.

IPOB noted that despite the sacrifice, the President Muhammadu Buhari’s government has belittled and humiliated people of the South East.

The group made the claim while berating the organization over the failure of the Federal Government to replace the sacked Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Babachir Lawal with an Igbo man, “despite lobbying discreetly and openly.”

IPOB noted that in spite of the “lobbying” Buhari still went ahead to replace Lawal with a fellow Northerner.

A statement signed by its spokesperson, Emma Powerful reads, “We the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) under the command and leadership of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu the greatest prophet, seer and visionary of all time, note with sadness and utter humiliation, the belittling of Ohaneze Ndigbo, South East Governors and the entire Eastern political class over the rejection of an Igbo man for the lowly position of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) by Buhari’s administration.

“Despite lobbying discreetly and openly for this somewhat inconsequential position of SGF for months, the entire political class in the South East were roundly rebuffed by Major General Muhammadu Buhari, who instead gave the position to another Northerner. This has left the supposed apex socio-cultural organisation to take to the pages of newspaper to vent their frustrations at Buhari. A very unedifying spectacle unworthy of leaders of a once proud and gifted race.

“To make matters worse, this public rejection of Ohaneze Ndigbo and repudiation of the values of the Igbo political elite by the Buhari administration is confirmation, if such were needed, that the hasty proscription and banning of IPOB was a costly mistake on their part. They failed to appreciate that without the impetus and urgency that IPOB provided, any request made to the Government of Nigeria to right the injustices meted out to Easterners is bound to fail.

“Chief Nnia Nwodo and the 5 South East governors should, without delay, apologise to the people for misleading them into thinking that sacrificing IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu will appease the core North to the extent of granting them their sole wish of Igbo political appointments into Buhari’s administration.

“It is imperative to state for record purposes, that it was the proscription of IPOB by Ohaneze Ndigbo and South East governors that gave the military the impetus to hastily tag IPOB a terrorist organisation. We must not also forget that it was this same request for political appointment into the office of the SGF that led Ohaneze and South East governors to sanction Operation Python Dance II with its attending deaths and imprisonment without trial of IPOB family members.

“Our ancestors will be turning in their graves to think that the blood of 92 young men and women- 28 of them killed in Kanu’s compound, were sacrificed for the promise of mere political appointment that never materialised. This is the worst humiliation our people have had to endure for nearly 50 years. A once proud race has been reduced, through poor political calculation, to trading the blood of their children in exchange for nonexistent political appointment.

“Hopefully this humiliating episode in the history of our people will teach all and sundry a lesson that leadership requires a lot more than making yourself acceptable to your enemies in return for material gain. Freedom is a painstaking and arduous process of sacrifice, even when it may appear expedient to take the compromised easy way out.

“With this shameful episode, the Igbo political class have now lost out on every front, because they chose to destroy the only hope of the people, IPOB, just to prove to Arewa core North how loyal they are. As at today, Igbo political actors don’t have independence, they don’t have confederation, they don’t have much vaunted restructuring, no second Niger Bridge, Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway is not fully rehabilitated, Enugu-Onitsha Expressway is getting worse by the day, no infrastructural development and finally their much cherished SGF has eluded them too.

“They can now see that only IPOB has the solution to the plethora of problems bedevilling our people in Nigeria today. It is never too late for Ohaneze Ndigbo leadership and South East Governors to say they got their priorities wrong.”[/b]
http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/02/biafra-ohanaeze-igbo-governors-sacrificed-nnamdi-kanu-northerners-ipob/

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by Sanchez01: 4:50pm On Nov 02, 2017
grin grin grin

This dude should know when to stay mum. His rants project him as super pained.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by Noneroone(m): 5:18pm On Nov 02, 2017
Sanchez01:
grin grin grin

This dude should know when to stay mum. His rants project him as super pained.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
but you posted a comment to support his 'rants'. I think you are the super pained.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 02, 2017
I doubt if ohanaeze had any influence on the government's decision to crush IPOB. Buhari already made up his mind on what to do with them on his sick bed in London. By the way even if ohanaeze opposed the crackdown would it have deterred the government?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by Unik3030: 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2017
all I see about this ipob thing is that they want igbos to occupy every post in Nigeria n the Hausa know that, that's y they don't slack when it comes to dealing with igbos. just imagine, 2 igbo person were given appointment not less than a month n they still want this again

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by Unik3030: 5:33pm On Nov 02, 2017
Cyynthialove:
Waiting for headslaming terrorist to come here and start calling Ipob terrorists even when the world view all headslammers as terrorists. Lolzz.

MussslimsHead slammers are terrorist=. Donald Trump
gbenga adeyinka's girlfriend, I guess this is the new pic u are using now? what about that of oduduwa republic n that igbo doctored chat?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by adem30: 5:36pm On Nov 02, 2017
I love the way Buhari is giving it to the igbos fire for fire. because even if he yield to their demands, They will still attack him and have another chest beating. There is nothing He can do for them that they will appreciate. So YOU HATE ME, I DON"T CARE attitude of Buhari is commendable. Atleast He has nothing to lose nor gain from South east. So why are they demanding for special treatment?

If you like Keep all your IGR self and let's see who go suffer most. Only Ogun state will provide IGR generating from the south east.

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by Oloripelebe: 5:37pm On Nov 02, 2017
grin

Professional asslickers grin grin grin

Ohaneze Ndigbo (Hausa/fulani Slaves) grin grin

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 02, 2017
Proudly Yoruba Muslim

3 Likes

Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by Ayo4251(m): 5:39pm On Nov 02, 2017
V
Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by ivolt: 5:40pm On Nov 02, 2017
Okay
Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by enemyofprogress: 5:40pm On Nov 02, 2017
Its their culture and tradition, they will do anything for money and powergrin grin grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by Xisnin(m): 5:41pm On Nov 02, 2017
Ipob can't exist without spewing emotionally tribalistic comments.
If the python starts dancing on this coward kanu wannabe now,
next they will be crying foul to the UN and ICC.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 02, 2017
Tribal politics. Ugh.

If as you claim, Buhari is truly a bigot, then with statements like this, what makes you different from him? Why would you want appointment of one of "your own sons" into that position if not bigotry? Shouldn't you be more concerned about whether that person merits the appointment or not? Are you, IPOB, desiring to leave Nigeria because things aren't as good as they should be, or because you didn't get the chance to 'do your own' bigotry by putting your own 'sons' into key positions?

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by free2ryhme: 5:41pm On Nov 02, 2017
Politics of the east is a politics of tribalism

Ipob una no dey rest

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by 2lateBiafra: 5:41pm On Nov 02, 2017
Sacrificed” here in the NORTH WE DIDNT SEE THE BASTERD

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by chrisxxx(m): 5:42pm On Nov 02, 2017
drr
Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by braivheart: 5:44pm On Nov 02, 2017
hmm
Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by AntiWailer: 5:45pm On Nov 02, 2017
grin grin
Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 02, 2017
[quote author=adem30 post=62010942]I love the way Buhari is giving it to the igbos fire for fire. because even if he yield to their demands, They will still attack him and have another chest beating. There is nothing He can do for them that they will appreciate. So YOU HATE ME, I DON"T CARE attitude of Buhari is commendable. Atleast He has nothing to lose nor gain from South east.

If you like Keep all your IGR self and let's see who go suffer most. Only Ogun state will provide IGR generating from the south east. [/quote
Am an igbo man I support every thing u said,,we igbos are selfish and devilish in nature,,,,nobody can satisfy us,,,even if buhari cut his head and give igbos to swallow igbos will still complain,,,it runs in our blood

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by Michael004: 5:47pm On Nov 02, 2017
Hehehehehe

3 Likes

Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by mgbadike81: 5:48pm On Nov 02, 2017
God bless Biafra, the land of the rising sun.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by wokemzine: 5:48pm On Nov 02, 2017
Is this actually true?

I wish for love amongst ourselves.
Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by origima: 5:48pm On Nov 02, 2017
Which one be IPOB again, I thought the terrorist organisation and her hunchback leader are dead?
I didn't no this terrorist can be erazed given the way there chief priest KANU was moving when it lasted.
Fools,buhari was ready to eliminate anything call IPOB before KANU disappeared

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by Dlapezzi(m): 5:49pm On Nov 02, 2017
Shut the fuckup #IPoB

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by Guyman02: 5:50pm On Nov 02, 2017
Yoruba Muslims food don done, you have avoided all the Buhari corruption stories, now start posting all those cartoons and anti Igbo memes on this thread that has IPOB on the heading cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by Xisnin(m): 5:50pm On Nov 02, 2017
Unik3030:
gbenga adeyinka's girlfriend, I guess this is the new pic u are using now? what about that of oduduwa republic n that igbo doctored chat?

I thought I was the only one who noticed the Ipob she male and his fake
"oduduwa republic" agitation.

After realising that Ipob agitation is a failure in the making, he decided
to try the Oduduwa side to gain sympathy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by NotNairalandi(m): 5:51pm On Nov 02, 2017
Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by talk2percy(m): 5:52pm On Nov 02, 2017
After 2019 we will know who the real terrorists are...we know who the real terrorists are.
Re: Why Ohanaeze, Igbo Governors Sacrificed Nnamdi Kanu To Northerners – IPOB by mgbadike81: 5:53pm On Nov 02, 2017
2lateBiafra:
Sacrificed” here in the NORTH WE DIDNT SEE THE BASTERD
RIP English.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akpabio: I Never Asked Where God Was When I Made Emmanuel Governor / Akpabio, APC Threaten To Boycott Rerun Election / Southern Governors To Meet In Lagos On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.