Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,975 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar (21746 Views)

Cosmas Maduka's Wife, Charity Is Dead / Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO / Cosmas Maduka Preaching The Gospel By The Roadside In Lagos. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by Siddeek: 11:17am On Nov 03, 2017
Ipob man
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by enimooko: 11:17am On Nov 03, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Behind every great fortune, there is a crime...Honoré de Balzac.
In the Sicilian
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by marooh: 11:18am On Nov 03, 2017
And somebody is somewhere doing slayking grin
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by Agimor(m): 11:18am On Nov 03, 2017
Inspiring story. But looks flawed in all entirety. How do you start and run a business successfully with #200 even in the 90s.
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by Menofvalues(m): 11:19am On Nov 03, 2017
Great Words From A Great Man. I Have One Telemarketing Idea And Needs One Who Has A Vast Knowledge To Partner Up With Me.
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by Kpartners: 11:20am On Nov 03, 2017
Please 1$ in 1977 is about 250$ because then dollar was 80kobo. So in today's economy about 100,000 naira. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 03, 2017
bettercreature:
200 naira is equivalent to almost 100.000 naira in 1977

Our white and black panasonic TV +antenal +stabilizer+ tv shelf cost 281 naira in 1979

60 by 120 land at agidingbi ikeja cost 80 naira in 1978,

Then why didn't your dad become a Coscharis grin

4 Likes

Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 03, 2017
nairavsdollars:
Made his first millions through his girlfriend Stella Oduah
Stella was still in her diapers then. Use the brain for once

1 Like

Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by bettercreature(m): 11:22am On Nov 03, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Then why didn't your dad become a Coscharis grin
And who told you my dad is not rich? infact you know my dad
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by free2ryhme: 11:23am On Nov 03, 2017
JONITEZ:

This Article first appeared on [url]cresthub.com[/url]

Dr. Cosmas Maduka is the founder/CEO of ‘Coscharis group’, a company which has a presence in Beverage industry, Automobile industry, Agro-allied services and much more.

As a young child who lost his father at the age 4, he never stooped so low to what life can offer. His humble beginning and success story has inspired a lot of young people and has taught them that there is no limit to what we can achieve.

Narrating his entrepreneurial journey during an interview with the Vanguard newspaper, he shared some business tips that have gotten him to where he is now.

START SMALL

In 1977, after serving his uncle as an apprentice, he was settled with two hundred naira which is equivalent to $1 as at 2014/2015. Meanwhile, with the current exchange rate of the dollar to naira been 360, it’s not even up to $1 in today’s economy.

He went on to found his first company ‘’MADUKA BROTHERS as a sole trader, a company that deals with importing motorcycle and its spare parts, after which he moved on to partner with his bosom friend,(Mr. David Nwosu) to startup a new company that deals on the importation of car parts. Shortly after the company was dissolved, he went on to starting Coscharis motors and the rest is history. According to Forbes Magazine, Coscharis group is said to worth five hundred million dollars.

STICK TO YOUR DREAM:
Truly, energy focused on one direction produces a maximum result when compared to energy focused on multiple directions.

As he always says, “my dream is to build an institution that is capable of competing with big companies like Leventis motors and UAC”. Today, we could see how far he has gone with that dream.

NURTURE YOUR PROFIT:

When he finally started seeing the dividend of his hard work, he didn’t spend it on luxury. Even though he had the money to buy up to 20BMW cars, he never did that. Rather, he sticks to his old 504 model of Peugeot in order to nurture his profit.

GO EXTRA-MILE TO MAKE WORK:
Being someone who only had a 3rd-grade education, he grew his business to the point of a plateau, in order to get to the next level; he hired a professional manager to make it work. However, he still went on to attend a program at Harvard University.

DO NOT HIRE LIKELY MINDS:
“At Coscharis, we do not think alike, because if we do, nobody is thinking”. Those were his words during an interview session with a journalist.

MAKE GENUINE COMMITMENT:
“Anything worth doing is worth doing well” Your level of commitment towards your goal determines how successful it will be. He said,” At age 14, I made a commitment to serve God, this decision shaped my life”.

BE ACCOUNTABLE:
“Beware of little expenses, a small hole can sink a big ship –Thomas Jefferson”, Cosmas claims that ever since he heard the above-written quote of Thomas Jefferson, it has helped him build the right foundation for money.

Source:http://cresthub.com/cosmas-maduka-turned-1-multimillion-dollar/

sometimes it is hard to believe
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by wacoj(m): 11:24am On Nov 03, 2017
This is the most stupid article Ive read this month.
So he used two hundred naira to start his own company and from there Import and export
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 03, 2017
bettercreature:
And who told you my dad is not rich? infact you know my dad
Finally Dangote son is on Nairaland grin

anu mpama

2 Likes

Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by bewla(m): 11:27am On Nov 03, 2017
Mission2prosper:
Lets make clean money attractive. Lalasticlala.
this are my role models not a thief in politics and corridor of power back by cabals

1 Like

Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by ojnnaco(m): 11:27am On Nov 03, 2017
I love and cherish success stories.
I love hardworks and commitments.
But the OP swiftly shifted what the exchange rate as at 1977 is. We will like to know, not just telling us that its not upto $1 now.
Thanks.
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by mhizsuzzy(f): 11:27am On Nov 03, 2017
The man is young ooh
Have always thought he is an older man
Thumbs up for ur dedicated handwork
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by franzis(m): 11:28am On Nov 03, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
No one can earn a billion naira honestly.
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by deariekay(m): 11:28am On Nov 03, 2017
Femoje:
hello, my name is femi I'm a young Tech startup, and am working on a social network basically for Nigeria. my team and I have been coding and programming the network site for about four months now to bring out the best. we need your assistant in the area of funding, we want seed funding offering in this project because we plan to launch the site first week of next month. And I will be glad if you play a part by funding the project to your capacity and interest. I will be glad to get feedback from you. Best Regard. WhatsApp: +2348173857040

Go to Gtb.
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by omoadeleye(m): 11:34am On Nov 03, 2017
Femoje:
hello, my name is femi I'm a young Tech startup, and am working on a social network basically for Nigeria. my team and I have been coding and programming the network site for about four months now to bring out the best. we need your assistant in the area of funding, we want seed funding offering in this project because we plan to launch the site first week of next month. And I will be glad if you play a part by funding the project to your capacity and interest. I will be glad to get feedback from you. Best Regard. WhatsApp: +2348173857040

Social network dan plenty pass people self
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by ipobbigot7: 11:47am On Nov 03, 2017
$1 into multi million?

Story to the gods.

We all know them, they are business men in the day time, monsters with guns at night, occultic ritualists in the secret and drug pushers when they travel out.

You believe that story you blame yourself.
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by Iamtipsyy(m): 11:48am On Nov 03, 2017
bettercreature:
200 naira is equivalent to almost 100.000 naira in 1977

Our white and black panasonic TV +antenal +stabilizer+ tv shelf cost 281 naira in 1979

60 by 120 land at agidingbi ikeja cost 80 naira in 1978,

200 naira was probably around 3million then cos people were paid 5naira as salary.
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by muller101(m): 12:08pm On Nov 03, 2017
JONITEZ:

Some many things we call crime has some legal ways of attaining it.
give example
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 03, 2017
Femoje:

Who are your target customers?

And how do you plan to reach them?
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by ivolt: 12:12pm On Nov 03, 2017
franzis:

You are right, working for salary, there is no way you can earn a billion naira
unless you steal, cheat or embezzle.
Even a million naira will be a luxury.
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by Mission2prosper: 12:14pm On Nov 03, 2017
bewla:
this are my role models not a thief in politics and corridor of power back by cabals
Yes thats how its supposed to be and there many great men like him in Nigeria but the youths don't know them because they almost never flaunt their wealth and the Nigerian media rarely talk about them.On the other hand, yahoo boys and polithiefcians are flaunting their wealth.Thus the average Nigerian youth thinks the only way to be really rich is yahoo and polithieving.
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by kiddapunk: 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
1 dollar was 0.645 naira in 1977, which makes 200 naira about 310 dollars. A barrel of oil in 1977 was 24 dollars which means his 200 naira could buy him about 10 or more barrels of crude oil
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by savagefinder: 12:33pm On Nov 03, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
foolishness without borders
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
Made his fortune from inflated govt contracts. Sold cars to govt at tripe d price and was settled. Stella bullet proof car der. Criminals everywhere forming saint.
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 03, 2017
franzis:

From your signature, it seems you run a business

Are you saying you cannot honestly EARN a billion naira?

Don't you think that kind of thinking can stunt growth?
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
bewla:
made his money executing inflated contracts. Still a crook

Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by IBBG(m): 12:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
imagine dangote had an uncle dantata that borrowed him 500k in the 80's to start business, can you imagine the worth of 500k in the 80's? May God bless us with people who will invest in our entrepreneural dreams.
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by Soulsymbol99: 12:42pm On Nov 03, 2017
Nnewi is d only village/town with d most billionaires in Nigeria cool capital oil(ifeanyi uba) coscharis, innoson, chikason, ojukwu 2 name but a few cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NMFB: I Was ₦‎201,773.38 Through My Bank Account! Help / Born Without Hands But Uses Her Legs To Do Amazing Things / Where To Buy Green Coffee Bean Extract In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.