Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar (21748 Views)

Cosmas Maduka's Wife, Charity Is Dead / Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO / Cosmas Maduka Preaching The Gospel By The Roadside In Lagos. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by Dlapezzi(m): 12:46pm On Nov 03, 2017
Wroter
Mrkumareze:
The story no pure abeg. You mean the 200 naira was enough to start up the said business and that just metamorphosised to his current worth.. I cherish the man and his wealth but as per the wrote up here I disagree
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by charlsecy(m): 1:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
JONITEZ:

This Article first appeared on [url]cresthub.com[/url]
Very poor writeup without depth.
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by CzarChris(m): 1:08pm On Nov 03, 2017
nairavsdollars:
Made his first millions through his girlfriend Stella Oduah
It pains me to the bones whenever I read bigoted statements like this from an obviously illiterate slowpoke. It is sad that education is wasted on people like you. Coscharis was already a household name even before Obasanjo came into government in 1999. He supplied over 1000BMW cars that was used for the COJA Allafrican games in 2003 during OBJ's 1st tenure. Oduah was just at the teething stage of her political career then and you are here talking rubbish. No go find money, sit down dia dey talk nonsense.
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 03, 2017
Mission2prosper:
Lets make clean money attractive. Lalasticlala.

That's why it's got to be clean in the first place.
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 03, 2017
JONITEZ:

Dr. Cosmas Maduka is the founder/CEO of ‘Coscharis group’, a company which has a presence in Beverage industry, Automobile industry, Agro-allied services and much more.

As a young child who lost his father at the age 4, he never stooped so low to what life can offer. His humble beginning and success story has inspired a lot of young people and has taught them that there is no limit to what we can achieve.

Narrating his entrepreneurial journey during an interview with the Vanguard newspaper, he shared some business tips that have gotten him to where he is now.

START SMALL

In 1977, after serving his uncle as an apprentice, he was settled with two hundred naira which is equivalent to $1 as at 2014/2015. Meanwhile, with the current exchange rate of the dollar to naira been 360, it’s not even up to $1 in today’s economy.

He went on to found his first company ‘’MADUKA BROTHERS as a sole trader, a company that deals with importing motorcycle and its spare parts, after which he moved on to partner with his bosom friend,(Mr. David Nwosu) to startup a new company that deals on the importation of car parts. Shortly after the company was dissolved, he went on to starting Coscharis motors and the rest is history. According to Forbes Magazine, Coscharis group is said to worth five hundred million dollars.

STICK TO YOUR DREAM:
Truly, energy focused on one direction produces a maximum result when compared to energy focused on multiple directions.

As he always says, “my dream is to build an institution that is capable of competing with big companies like Leventis motors and UAC”. Today, we could see how far he has gone with that dream.

NURTURE YOUR PROFIT:

When he finally started seeing the dividend of his hard work, he didn’t spend it on luxury. Even though he had the money to buy up to 20BMW cars, he never did that. Rather, he sticks to his old 504 model of Peugeot in order to nurture his profit.

GO EXTRA-MILE TO MAKE WORK:
Being someone who only had a 3rd-grade education, he grew his business to the point of a plateau, in order to get to the next level; he hired a professional manager to make it work. However, he still went on to attend a program at Harvard University.

DO NOT HIRE LIKELY MINDS:
“At Coscharis, we do not think alike, because if we do, nobody is thinking”. Those were his words during an interview session with a journalist.

MAKE GENUINE COMMITMENT:
“Anything worth doing is worth doing well” Your level of commitment towards your goal determines how successful it will be. He said,” At age 14, I made a commitment to serve God, this decision shaped my life”.

BE ACCOUNTABLE:
“Beware of little expenses, a small hole can sink a big ship –Thomas Jefferson”, Cosmas claims that ever since he heard the above-written quote of Thomas Jefferson, it has helped him build the right foundation for money.

Source:http://cresthub.com/cosmas-maduka-turned-1-multimillion-dollar/

At age 14 he made a decision to "serve' God
U were serving God and still helped STELLA ODUA TO IMPORT 2 BULLET PROOF CARS FOR AN INFLATED SUM ABI........GOD SERVERS angry
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by uwabuwa888: 2:09pm On Nov 03, 2017
When the story is starts with lies..,imagine #200 to one dollar as of 1977...bros the story is lie for its starting is of lies... Nonsense writing with nonsense writer..hope he is going to pay you #200 for this article to start your own life...
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by tonquendo4u(m): 2:15pm On Nov 03, 2017
But giving someone 200naira then is equivalent to giving someone 10m now
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by Ranchhoddas: 2:19pm On Nov 03, 2017
enimooko:
In the Sicilian
The Godfather actually.

1 Like

Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by mallamabdul25: 2:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
OP JUST SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING NONSENSE HERE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS MAN?
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by emelda86(f): 2:47pm On Nov 03, 2017
All this shildren of hate screaming liar!!! Make una go work no be only yahoo una go sabi do

Lazy thing
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 03, 2017
JONITEZ:

Dr. Cosmas Maduka is the founder/CEO of ‘Coscharis group’, a company which has a presence in Beverage industry, Automobile industry, Agro-allied services and much more.

As a young child who lost his father at the age 4, he never stooped so low to what life can offer. His humble beginning and success story has inspired a lot of young people and has taught them that there is no limit to what we can achieve.

Narrating his entrepreneurial journey during an interview with the Vanguard newspaper, he shared some business tips that have gotten him to where he is now.

START SMALL

In 1977, after serving his uncle as an apprentice, he was settled with two hundred naira which is equivalent to $1 as at 2014/2015. Meanwhile, with the current exchange rate of the dollar to naira been 360, it’s not even up to $1 in today’s economy.

He went on to found his first company ‘’MADUKA BROTHERS as a sole trader, a company that deals with importing motorcycle and its spare parts, after which he moved on to partner with his bosom friend,(Mr. David Nwosu) to startup a new company that deals on the importation of car parts. Shortly after the company was dissolved, he went on to starting Coscharis motors and the rest is history. According to Forbes Magazine, Coscharis group is said to worth five hundred million dollars.

STICK TO YOUR DREAM:
Truly, energy focused on one direction produces a maximum result when compared to energy focused on multiple directions.

As he always says, “my dream is to build an institution that is capable of competing with big companies like Leventis motors and UAC”. Today, we could see how far he has gone with that dream.

NURTURE YOUR PROFIT:

When he finally started seeing the dividend of his hard work, he didn’t spend it on luxury. Even though he had the money to buy up to 20BMW cars, he never did that. Rather, he sticks to his old 504 model of Peugeot in order to nurture his profit.

GO EXTRA-MILE TO MAKE WORK:
Being someone who only had a 3rd-grade education, he grew his business to the point of a plateau, in order to get to the next level; he hired a professional manager to make it work. However, he still went on to attend a program at Harvard University.

DO NOT HIRE LIKELY MINDS:
“At Coscharis, we do not think alike, because if we do, nobody is thinking”. Those were his words during an interview session with a journalist.

MAKE GENUINE COMMITMENT:
“Anything worth doing is worth doing well” Your level of commitment towards your goal determines how successful it will be. He said,” At age 14, I made a commitment to serve God, this decision shaped my life”.

BE ACCOUNTABLE:
“Beware of little expenses, a small hole can sink a big ship –Thomas Jefferson”, Cosmas claims that ever since he heard the above-written quote of Thomas Jefferson, it has helped him build the right foundation for money.

Source:http://cresthub.com/cosmas-maduka-turned-1-multimillion-dollar/

1 dollar in 1977 does not translate to 1 dollar today.

Meanwhile brand new cars in the 1970s.cost between 1000 - 4000 naira, depending on he type n model. Of car.
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by AngelicBeing: 2:55pm On Nov 03, 2017
sad
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by kenny5811(m): 3:34pm On Nov 03, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Behind every great fortune, there is a crime...Honoré de Balzac.
..... inflated supply contracts from federal n state governments..... der has to b a crime sumwher jst luk properly.
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by thexemplary(f): 3:40pm On Nov 03, 2017
Woah! Gifted hands
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by bewla(m): 3:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
Mission2prosper:
Yes thats how its supposed to be and there many great men like him in Nigeria but the youths don't know them because they almost never flaunt their wealth and the Nigerian media rarely talk about them.On the other hand, yahoo boys and polithiefcians are flaunting their wealth.Thus the average Nigerian youth thinks the only way to be really rich is yahoo and polithieving.
eyes opener
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by sshalom(m): 4:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
One of the most respected and GOD fearing business men in our country. Indeed a man to emulate.
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by onyii255(m): 4:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
uwabuwa888:
When the story is starts with lies..,imagine #200 to one dollar as of 1977...bros the story is lie for its starting is of lies... Nonsense writing with nonsense writer..hope he is going to pay you #200 for this article to start your own life...

English haf die...
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by jaxxy(m): 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2017
Good thinking, good product, Good investment.
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by dominique(f): 5:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
Misleading article. N200 in 1977 was not equivalent to a dollar, it was worth way more than that.
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by Doncharis(m): 5:56pm On Nov 03, 2017
The power of a simple dollar,
Millionaires have healthy respect for money thats why they manage to remain that way.
If you dont respect money,you cant have it,having money is one thing retaining it is where the task lies.The lure of the zeros is simply too great!
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by mikolo80: 6:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
bettercreature:
200 naira is equivalent to almost 100.000 naira in 1977

Our white and black panasonic TV +antenal +stabilizer+ tv shelf cost 281 naira in 1979

60 by 120 land at agidingbi ikeja cost 80 naira in 1978,

don't mind doing mumu

1 Like

Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by saasala(m): 12:48am On Nov 04, 2017
Femoje:
hello, my name is femi I'm a young Tech startup, and am working on a social network basically for Nigeria. my team and I have been coding and programming the network site for about four months now to bring out the best. we need your assistant in the area of funding, we want seed funding offering in this project because we plan to launch the site first week of next month. And I will be glad if you play a part by funding the project to your capacity and interest. I will be glad to get feedback from you. Best Regard. WhatsApp: +2348173857040

Can I see blueprint of your project, plans, design templates/sketch, branding and marketing strategy. How many percentage of your business are you willing to offer to raise fund
Re: How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar by enimooko: 4:34am On Nov 04, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
The Godfather actually.
Oh yes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NMFB: I Was ₦‎201,773.38 Through My Bank Account! Help / Born Without Hands But Uses Her Legs To Do Amazing Things / Where To Buy Green Coffee Bean Extract In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.