Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,541 members, 7,819,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye (34238 Views)

Two Nigerian Pastors Use Same Woman For Same Miracle / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" / OAP Freeze's Biblical Misinformation On Collection Of Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by FarahAideed: 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2017
TalkYourOwn:
excuse me sir, your so called shoes doesn't guarantee happiness. #justSaying

Oh its urs that guarantees happiness shei Useless Nigerian Christian
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:12pm On Nov 03, 2017
The Prime Minister of the UK (though a new Airbus was recently acquired for the PM) and members of Parliament fly British Airways scheduled commercial flights.

I'm no Christian, but i was a long time Christian, and know enough about the faith to understand the twisted perversion of the salvation message that it is for a "shepherd" of the flock to live in the opulence reserved for the "people of the world". Even in America, this twisted generation of new-age pastorpreneurs and televangelists get ridiculed for their phoniness, but what makes it even more twisted is when such opulent living comes in the midst of an impoverished hell-hole like Nigeria.

Anybody who has studied the life and examples and teachings of Christ and his apostles and followers in the Bible who come away believing that a jet-set lifestyle for Pastors was sanctioned in the Bible is one hell of a brainwashed, mooronic, fuccktard zombie. If there exists any among the flock who live in penury and need while the shepherd of the flock can afford the rarest of luxuries like private jets, clearly you have to be really twisted in the mind to find that defensible.

1 Like

Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by Keneeby(m): 8:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
PrecisionFx:

The only reason Oyedekpo owns private jets ai because Nigerians are generally stupid, gullible n fully uneducated. No need to tell anyone to sell their cars and use BRT before they talk about pastors that use tithes n offerings to buy private jets. First things first, shey oyedekpo dem dem are living a Christ like life, Christ never owned a donkey, He never owned a house, he shared everything he has or whatever was contributed to everyone around...... Ur Nigerian pastors do the exact opposite of that.

U are a very ignorant person, receive sense wen ever it pleases u.

Because Jesus didn't own a house so pastors should not own a house. see dumpest reasoning. I know you are a bigot Catholic.

1 Like

Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by imohating: 8:30pm On Nov 03, 2017
I don't see anything wrong in using a private jet. A jet, plain or whatever is only a means of transportation like a car or a ship. If a person can buy and maintain it for his or her personal use or business, it's OK. I still don't understand why all this argument !
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by Faseyi17: 8:36pm On Nov 03, 2017
I trust deeper life pastor..... He ll nvr buy a private jet..........
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by Kay25(m): 8:36pm On Nov 03, 2017
Statsocial:
A Response to Freeze thread on private jets

/https://www.nairaland.com/4154132/freeze-im-after-prosperity-pastorsQuestion

and a question to him and his supporters by a Nairalander

By Ife Olaleye

Before writing on Why Pastors Use Private Jets can Freeze and his followers answer the question below for me as I see no difference between a private jet and a private car.

Can Freeze tell me the difference between a Private Jet and a Private Car?

My own response: To the people who use private cars, I tell you that you are of no difference from those who use Private Jets. If Freeze himself and his followers want us to take them seriously then they should sell off their cars to the poor and join the rest of us Nigerians to use BRTs. That is the only way they can prove to me that they are sincere about their crusade against Jets because who is to say Freeze won't buy a private Jet if he has the money to do so.

Now, If God would Judge Oyedepo and Adeboye for using private jets then don't be sure he won't judge you for using a private car when the rest of us are taking BRT. Why not use that money you use in buying Lexus, Camry and Toyota to feed the poor and simply use Danfo or BRT? (Sarcasm) It is amazing that even some Churches where they use Church money to buy Bus would come and criticize those who buy jets for international travels. The way today's people assess issues is strange. To them anything they can not personally afford must be unfair for the Church to procure.

WHY CHURCHES USE PRIVATE JETS
Pastors buying private jets with tithes and offerings is an exaggeration take to far

Out of the millions of clergymen who exist across the globe there is just an handful. Most likely less than 100 who own private jets. As a matter of fact the use of private or charter jets is usually restricted to top leadership of most ministries e.g Pope of Catholic Church, GO of RCCG etc. However the enemies of the church both within and without have made a storm out of a glass of water to create the exaggeration(lie) and make it seem all churches are just being self serving. Before I proceed into addressing the issue of private jets I would like to address another trendy statement

A Private Jet is Just a personal Vehicle like any other Private Car

A private jet is not necessarily or exclusively luxury like a yacht for instance. Corporations, Governments and Organizations do own it for operational purposes and a Church with significant presence in more than 20 countries should actually consider owning one depending on how centralized the leadership of the church is.

It would be unwise of Living Faith and RCCG to use commercial Air transport.

The issue of Private jets ought not to be a Controversy. If you have a local assignment then use a local means of transporation. The assignment of most Nigerians are within the country. Hence a bicycle/motorcycle would do for those in the core villages while a Car would do for those in the City. And for individuals like Oyedepo and Adeboye who have Churches to run in 65 and 193 countries then the use of private jets may just be imperative.

On my little research I discovered that Oyedepo travels about 5 times in a week and still makes it back in time for Canaanlands Sunday service. That can only be possible if the Church has a private jet. Now my own pastor was once stuck Abroad due to some issues with his booked flight hence he missed about two Sundays or so. However I am not saying my pastor needs a private jet because he only travels once in a year for his summer vacation and rarely travels for international ministrations as we do not have a branch outside Nigeria. But on the other hand RCCG owns about 700 branches in UK alone, the biggest church in East Africa is a living Faith Church. Other countries like Zambia also have huge Living Faith members. So why should a pastor of such a church not have a means to travel in a private jet.

I once saw Oyedepo at a 8:00 clock service in Landmark University in Omu Aran(via internet). So I thought did he leave Ota as early as 3AM or did he sleep over at Omu Aran? But I was told by an indigene of Omu aran that anytime there is an Helicopter hovering over town then they are sure Oyedepo is around(and he comes around Omu Aran often) so I knew he came with a Chopper that morning and left with a chopper that same morning. But imagine if he had to use a commercial airline for that. He would have to take a trip to Ikeja board an available flight to Ilorin(if they have an Airport) or Abuja and then begin a journey back to Omu Aran and hope there is an Available flight back Lagos. All that wahala for a 60 something year old man just because you want to preach in a 45 minutes service Kwara.

Five Churches that should actually buy Private Jets if they don't have.

RCCG
Living Faith
Mountain Of Fire Ministries
Christ Embassy
Deeperlife Ministeries.

Perhaps there are few global ministeries in the world that have planted Churches as much as these churches in modern Christian era and that is testament to the indispensable role that Nigerian Christendom has to play in the propagation of the gospel in the end times.
For these Churches they appear to run a very Centralized leadership and that is very good. Hence I would actually recommend the use of Private planes and Helicopters for easy conveyance of their top leadership.

On a final note RCCG as a Church is bigger than some countries (membership vs citizens) e.g Lesotho, Licheistein yet can we say that the presidency of such Nations disparages their poor by using private planes for Official purposes? If we won't, then why do we insist on assassinating the Character of these Noble pastors who never respond to people castigating them?

https://educationexplorersite./2017/11/03/why-nigerian-pastors-use-private-jets-and-a-question-to-freeze/

Lalasticlala cool

Good one tell them
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
Statsocial:

/https://www.nairaland.com/4154132/freeze-im-after-prosperity-pastorsQuestion

and a question to him and his supporters by a Nairalander

By Ife Olaleye

Before writing on Why Pastors Use Private Jets can Freeze and his followers answer the question below for me as I see no difference between a private jet and a private car.

Can Freeze tell me the difference between a Private Jet and a Private Car?

My own response: To the people who use private cars, I tell you that you are of no difference from those who use Private Jets. If Freeze himself and his followers want us to take them seriously then they should sell off their cars to the poor and join the rest of us Nigerians to use BRTs. That is the only way they can prove to me that they are sincere about their crusade against Jets because who is to say Freeze won't buy a private Jet if he has the money to do so.

Now, If God would Judge Oyedepo and Adeboye for using private jets then don't be sure he won't judge you for using a private car when the rest of us are taking BRT. Why not use that money you use in buying Lexus, Camry and Toyota to feed the poor and simply use Danfo or BRT? (Sarcasm) It is amazing that even some Churches where they use Church money to buy Bus would come and criticize those who buy jets for international travels. The way today's people assess issues is strange. To them anything they can not personally afford must be unfair for the Church to procure.

WHY CHURCHES USE PRIVATE JETS
Pastors buying private jets with tithes and offerings is an exaggeration take to far

Out of the millions of clergymen who exist across the globe there is just an handful. Most likely less than 100 who own private jets. As a matter of fact the use of private or charter jets is usually restricted to top leadership of most ministries e.g Pope of Catholic Church, GO of RCCG etc. However the enemies of the church both within and without have made a storm out of a glass of water to create the exaggeration(lie) and make it seem all churches are just being self serving. Before I proceed into addressing the issue of private jets I would like to address another trendy statement

A Private Jet is Just a personal Vehicle like any other Private Car

A private jet is not necessarily or exclusively luxury like a yacht for instance. Corporations, Governments and Organizations do own it for operational purposes and a Church with significant presence in more than 20 countries should actually consider owning one depending on how centralized the leadership of the church is.

It would be unwise of Living Faith and RCCG to use commercial Air transport.

The issue of Private jets ought not to be a Controversy. If you have a local assignment then use a local means of transporation. The assignment of most Nigerians are within the country. Hence a bicycle/motorcycle would do for those in the core villages while a Car would do for those in the City. And for individuals like Oyedepo and Adeboye who have Churches to run in 65 and 193 countries then the use of private jets may just be imperative.

On my little research I discovered that Oyedepo travels about 5 times in a week and still makes it back in time for Canaanlands Sunday service. That can only be possible if the Church has a private jet. Now my own pastor was once stuck Abroad due to some issues with his booked flight hence he missed about two Sundays or so. However I am not saying my pastor needs a private jet because he only travels once in a year for his summer vacation and rarely travels for international ministrations as we do not have a branch outside Nigeria. But on the other hand RCCG owns about 700 branches in UK alone, the biggest church in East Africa is a living Faith Church. Other countries like Zambia also have huge Living Faith members. So why should a pastor of such a church not have a means to travel in a private jet.

I once saw Oyedepo at a 8:00 clock service in Landmark University in Omu Aran(via internet). So I thought did he leave Ota as early as 3AM or did he sleep over at Omu Aran? But I was told by an indigene of Omu aran that anytime there is an Helicopter hovering over town then they are sure Oyedepo is around(and he comes around Omu Aran often) so I knew he came with a Chopper that morning and left with a chopper that same morning. But imagine if he had to use a commercial airline for that. He would have to take a trip to Ikeja board an available flight to Ilorin(if they have an Airport) or Abuja and then begin a journey back to Omu Aran and hope there is an Available flight back Lagos. All that wahala for a 60 something year old man just because you want to preach in a 45 minutes service Kwara.

Five Churches that should actually buy Private Jets if they don't have.

RCCG
Living Faith
Mountain Of Fire Ministries
Christ Embassy
Deeperlife Ministeries.

Perhaps there are few global ministeries in the world that have planted Churches as much as these churches in modern Christian era and that is testament to the indispensable role that Nigerian Christendom has to play in the propagation of the gospel in the end times.
For these Churches they appear to run a very Centralized leadership and that is very good. Hence I would actually recommend the use of Private planes and Helicopters for easy conveyance of their top leadership.

On a final note RCCG as a Church is bigger than some countries (membership vs citizens) e.g Lesotho, Licheistein yet can we say that the presidency of such Nations disparages their poor by using private planes for Official purposes? If we won't, then why do we insist on assassinating the Character of these Noble pastors who never respond to people castigating them?

https://educationexplorersite./2017/11/03/why-nigerian-pastors-use-private-jets-and-a-question-to-freeze/

Lalasticlala cool

Thanks bro for this. Truth is there are many things we won't understand until we put ourselves in people's shoes.
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by Investnow2017: 8:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
FrankGiel:

. I'm just curious, what part of the bible did Jesus travel by horse.. Innocent question??

Maybe it was a "Private Horse". Their jesus must be very, very different from the only Begotten Son of God. I see!
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by Afonjashapmouth: 8:55pm On Nov 03, 2017
Statsocial:

I want to commend your effort on this write up and for time taken to educate some folks, I don't want to resolve to throwing jabs in this particular post cos that won't differentiate me from them. To start with who are we to fight for God, let's leave this ignorant people and pray they see beyond the physical. Let me ask you a question which should be answered out of your broke mindset. What would you have done differently if God place you over such number of congregation? Would you resolve to jumping from one international flight to another domestic flight to cover such number of churches? Would you have preferred a megaphone to a wireless mic? Would you have created an institution to maintain Christian deciplines in our children, build them of standard like you see abroad and then resolve to make it free then kill your members with monetization? Who pays for your church monthly electricity? And some of you can't sit in a church without AC blowing. If Christianity choose to keep weekly and monthly service under the tree just like in the oldies how many of you would even still be a Christian? Pastors are supposed to wallow in poverty and live their lives in penury ? Funny of the complainants don't even go to church nor pay tithe. The Antichrist must come in a way to catch people unaware trust me and as for freeze backing up his theories with the Bible, remember no Christian knows the Bible like Satan himself and he chooses how to twist it. We all met tithing in this world and as far as we have it today there is no church calling people out for not paying their tithe. Who pays for the servicing of the thousands of churches? The G.O? Your once in 3months #50 offering? It's crazy how people come up with the logic behind their ranting. Let me ask you this, when Jesus wanted to enter into Galilee he requested for an ass, even the owner gave it out willingly and people even choose to decorate it, my dear did he chastened them for it? Did he queried if the person bought the ass with what money. People want to know the things of the spirit by blindly throwing jabs at God himself and the truth is no matter how much you try the physical cannot equate with the things of the spirit. If tithing is wrong then are you saying all the pastors in the whole world are not of God to have heard from him and address it? But you people won't come out to proof being gay is not biblically aii instead it will be live and let's live quote. Pastors are not celebs to be explaining how they get their gift cos I can bless any life that has impacted me with anything and still choose to keep up with the maintenance. People willingly put money into the spreading of the gospel and you are complaining
about how it should be used, are the pastors flying this jets to watch Barca or man u matches? Bitterness is all I am seeing everywhere, keep your tithe and stop writing all this nonesense about men that have devoted over 70yrs of their life serving God without any scandal. Go for your politicians head (He won't cos freeze knows the consequences) and they would say politicians stealing is a different case but the one we gave to the house of God willingly should be probed. What happened to then when in church people come together to work on people's farm to raise money to feed their pastor that has no job but win souls in their villages. Note: this year I daddy G.O visited a parish near my house and I went there to see for myself, this baba came with his wife in just a white sedan Lexus without a tint I was just like where is the noise people are making? All he had on him was his Bible and tambourine. No designer shoe or cloth. The next week opposite the same church MFM GO came to officially open a church I do attend with some family friends and trust me he brought just two sienna bus from his HQ in yaba. It's end time sign people and people will be getting wiser in their own eye it says. Well done keep revolting against the work of God getting to the unbelievers faster.

1 Like

Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by Themandator: 8:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
Nasa28:
Is that what church is all about? Buying of private jet?

Pls read about the old churches.

Even Jesus didn't even bother about those mundane things because they're of less important.

It is like you didn't read the article ...Josh nations of the earth did Jesus Christ visit? The work of evangelism pi's left to our erased our pastors need aircraft to fly across oceans
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by Ogaonos: 8:58pm On Nov 03, 2017
Nasa28:
Is that what church is all about? Buying of private jet?

Pls read about the old churches.

Even Jesus didn't even bother about those mundane things because they're of less important.
i tiya o.d op is a fool.GOD wil ask 1 questn 4 him.did my son jesus hav charlots in israel.if jesus had it wit exotic my brother d ruler in jerusalam 4 no need judas 2 identify jesus.we knw dt private jet pastors ar money laundering pastors.dt y ther against auditing church account.
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by primateayoola(m): 8:58pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointZerom:
During the earthly ministry of Jesus Christ, He used the highest means of transportation (Horse). It is not a sin if a pastor uses private Jet which is also the highest means of transportation as at today.
y

Use your sense and study Bible very well before quoting!!, Jesus christ was never recorded using horse but Donkey (even young one) that is a mark of humility. Oh ye children of perdition!.
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by istand49ja: 8:59pm On Nov 03, 2017
The question I couldn't still find answer to is..... Are these people called? How, when and where were they called. Christianity is a modern form of colonization. The same privileges Adeboye and Oyedepo has, I had too. Subjection to these people's trick and brainwashes is lack of ignorance. I closed a ministry that was doing great in terms of prayers, teaching and deliverance after I realized that I could not help God in any way.(Only him can do his job). The way these pastors operates is(........). I even read on vanguard recently that a just concluded research dispute the fictitious stories of Adam, Eve and wall of Jericho. Even Jesus operated then still seems to be a mirage and self adulations mission. Just like Nnamdi KANU(the Biafra moses leading his people on emotions and not objective reasoning) ((apology to the biafrans)).

Emotions and destiny fulfilled missions cum gratification should set aside while running the heavenly race, including private jets acquisition... Jesus christ , the author and finisher of our faith could only rode horse that was not even his to Jerusalem as he could buy as many as possible horse and also got as gifts.
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by Lotechi(m): 9:09pm On Nov 03, 2017
comparing a private jet and a private car is over stretching metaphor. How much do you think a private jet cost?
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2017
DanXplore:
I am a Christian and i love God and it is my civic obligation to acknowledge the truth. What freeze in his own unique way has said is the pure truth. I might not be the wisest man on earth but when i hear the plain truth i know.

Tithing was and is never a part of the new covenant. I repeat, tithing is not a part of the new covenant. While i know that most pastors teach tithing out of a heart of sincerity, the doctrine in itself is wrong! It is bad and dangerous when error is taught with utmost sincerity and zeal. Zeal that does not come from knowledge and truth is catastrophic.

What God requires in the new covenant is obedience. Not following some old ritual.

Nevertheless, your actions become spiritual when faith is applied it. If u decide to give 10% to a local assembly because you feel their is a need to be met or because you want to honour God, then that is fine. Another person can decide to give 50%. All is done according to one's faith. If the church fully practices what the founding fathers practiced as christianity, people will even give more than 10%. Authentic blessing will flow if one follows the teachings of Jesus.

Tithing came with the Law and is of the law. Abraham tithed before the law to honour a man of God, melchizedeck. God had to make tithing a command because the people were inherently greedy and so he had to force a way, by means of the law, to cause men to give. This is not so in the new covenant. Our giving should not be forced based on some religious promulgation, but based on the love and truth that is on the tablets of our heart.

Scripture is palpable enough to be misconstrued. Paul said if he could not spare his Son, how much more will he give us all things. James said true religion is to help those in need. Your love for God is seen in service to men. God will not bless you because you are faithful in giving 10% of your money but rather in your consistency in maintaining the character of christ in your environment. In another place, it says he has given unto us all that pertain to life and godliness through the knowledge of Jesus christ...NOT through the law. knowledge in this context represents the systems of the kingdom of Christ which is predicated upon love, trust and sincerity and not some law.
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by somehow: 9:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
For your learning.

Deuteronomy 14:1-25

Exodus 23:10-11) (Leviticus 25:1-7).

Numbers18:21-24)

Deuteronomy 14:22-29

Hebrews 7:5) https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/tithing/

http://www.askelm.com/tithing/thi003.htm

DanXplore:

The primary purpose of tithing is not to feed levites with it. According to the program of God, tithing was meant for those who could not cater for themselves.
Now, since the Levites were not to work or have portions like the other 11 tribes, part of the tithe was to be their inheritance. It is an exaggeration on your part to say tithing in its totality is an inheritance for the levites. They are only subsets of those who are to partake of tithes.
Other partakers are widows, the homeless etc. Levites are only entrusted to be custodians of the keys to the store house and according to the principle that says that oxes should not be muzzled while treading the grains, it becomes expedient that they partake of the collections...in addition to the fact that they were not to work

Certain things are not explicitly stated in the bible but by deductive logic, one could draw meaningful principles by connecting scripture with scripture. If God had left Israelites to make their own rules, they would have adopted a laissaz-faire system of economy where no one cared for the other. atleast we can see this from the lamentations of the prophets of old. Every rule was made to promote a system of love and unity. Alot of laws such as eye for eye and so many others were written in the old testqment and if not that Jesus mentioned somewhere in the gospels that those laws were made by Moses becauseof the wickedness of their hearts, we would have thought it was God that made that law.

God made all the laws to benefit man. Jesus himself said the law was made to serve man. God foresaw the greed in men's heart and their proclivity to neglect those in need, as adumbrated in the story of cain and abel, tithing was then a good measure to control it. That a verdict is not explicitly stated in the bible does not in any way discredit it's truthfuless when common logic supports it. It will at most limit its receptivity
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by kraftyiyk: 9:33pm On Nov 03, 2017
Dear OP, please make proper research before drawing comparisons, you could have at least used Google, the entire catholic church and ofcourse Pope which you mentioned in your twisted post does not own a single private jet! The Pope travels with regular aircraft of Alitalia which he books down like days before embarking on any trip, with the same Alitalia regular cabin crew. on his way back he either uses the aircraft of the country he visited or he calls the services of Alitalia... He his proactive by booking for flight reservation ahead of time, which counters your argument of busy schedule. will you now argue that these churces GO's are bigger and busier than Catholic Pope?

Next time please dont mention Roman catholic in any careless brainless analogy .

1 Like

Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by Linuslina1: 9:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
I think this write up makes a lot of SENSE [color=#006600][/color].
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by Heavance(m): 9:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

They say knowledge is wisdom, knowledge is light. A little research, a little reading, a little digging would have done a lot to your vision. It's the reason why you fail to see the difference between a JET and a CAR.

Private also implies 'personal' use. Are you admitting that these private jets are purchased by the churches to cater to the personal need of the CEO aka Man of God?
I no be Muslim, but salam (peace) onto your life, for giving that answer.

I wanted to ask the person if he knows the cost of maintenance for these things, then I remembered your first line to him/her.

1 Like

Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 03, 2017
drnoel:

Pls to correct a misnomer. The catholic church does not keep private jet for the pope and does not hire one. Its is not that they can't but they don't. Leave the Pope out of ur bag of rubbish yearns
The pope uses a Chartered Alitalia private plane with his entourage. Whether u like it or not doesn't change the facts.
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by kraftyiyk: 10:08pm On Nov 03, 2017
Statsocial:

The pope uses a Chartered Alitalia private plane with his entourage. Whether u like it or not doesn't change the facts.
The pope books any random flight available bro. I repeat, any random available Alitalia aircraft. Once again , please keep Roman catholic church out of your analogy.
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 03, 2017
somehow:
For your learning.

Deuteronomy 14:1-25

Exodus 23:10-11) (Leviticus 25:1-7).

Numbers18:21-24)

Deuteronomy 14:22-29

Hebrews 7:5) https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/tithing/

http://www.askelm.com/tithing/thi003.htm

All i have said is within the boundaries of these scriptures. I doubt that you went through these references that you probably copied hook, line and sinker from the internet before posting else you would see that it clearly defines all i have been saying.

If you like, give your tithe, i am not against it as long as it is from a heart of faith and revelation. But the fact is that tithing is as powerless as worshipping on the sabbath. It does not mean they're wrong, it just means that they have no effect when it comes to your spiritual being.
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by toplad97: 10:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
MasViews:

So you're comparing jesus with pastors?

Olodo! Jesus used an ass (donkey) not a horse. The act embodies humility and practicality, not extravagance.
Besides, the horse was not the most prestigious means of transportation then. There were more elaborate means e.g. chariots
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 03, 2017
toplad97:

Olodo! Jesus used an ass (donkey) not a horse. The act embodies humility and practicality, not extravagance.
Besides, the horse was not the most prestigious means of transportation then. There were more elaborate means e.g. chariots

Just go back and read what you mentioned and tell me if it is related in anyway to the trash you posted above.
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by Johnrake69: 10:56pm On Nov 03, 2017
holybabayo:

In analysis there is what is called "Application of Judgement". This is where you try to use equal scale to measure things that are of different dimensions. In Jesus days, the means of transportation was Foot, Donkey, and boat. Did Jesus not use all of these in His Days? Donkey was one of the most expensive back then. Jesus was to travel from Bethel to Jericho-all within Jerusalem. He had trek longer distance before but He chose that "luxury".
The OP has done a good work of analysis. He mentioned very good factors to use to measure this expenditure/luxury. The size of the church, the spread of the church, the organisational structure.
It will cost more to use "public jets" than to use private jets in these circumstances.
I think as one said here
The children of Lucifer should be more worried about activities in the kingdom of Lucifer and leave the children of God to be worried about the kingdom of God.

Wow... So Nigerian pastors are now Jesus of our time. You try.
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by istand49ja: 10:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
But you agree that Christianity is a modern form of ...COLONIZATION.... I still pity the fools that fall for their tricks. And I wonder how "HELL"(the major weapon) used to scaring them would be so populated if the ratio of heavenly candidates still remains ratio 5/100. Say No to hypocrisy and stop religions of lies and deciets. You can't fool God as you are fooling his people. Private jet..... What a Christianity affluence. The religion and moral justification of owing a private jet at the expense of poor worshippers is what freeze is demanding. Speak for yourself bro. Stop the hypocrisy.
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by toplad97: 11:06pm On Nov 03, 2017
MasViews:

Just go back and read what you mentioned and tell me if it is related in anyway to the trash you posted above.

lol. I misquoted you. I meant to reply to PointZerom's post you quoted
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by FrankGiel: 11:07pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointZerom:
During the earthly ministry of Jesus Christ, He used the highest means of transportation (Horse). It is not a sin if a pastor uses private Jet which is also the highest means of transportation as at today.
Still waiting for ur response to when Jesus rode on a horse..

1 Like

Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by toplad97: 11:15pm On Nov 03, 2017
[
Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by sunkieisland(m): 11:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
It is really obvious that the easiest place to find incredibly naive people and Nepios is Nairaland.

I'm really surprised at the so-called FREEZE and his numerous naive disciples on NL criticizing Pastors. The shame is that some Christians have joined in the criticisms.

The same bible that so many Christians on Nairaland claim to believe says

- Rom 14:4
Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. KJV

Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand. NKJV

Who are you to judge the servant of another? Before his own master he stands [approved] or falls [out of favor]. And he [who serves the Master--the Lord] will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. AMP

FREEZE and his many "sheeple" should look into the scripture and Mind their own business and do their own work and stop criticizing "Men of God".

The law of Karma dictates that you cannot tear down someone else's church to build yours.... sooner or later yours will be flushed down the drain.

My advice to the very many NLanders supporting him is that only give opinions on things you are certain of.

I close with the Words of Gamaliel to the PhD holders of the law

in Acts 5: 34-39

34. Then stood there up one in the council, a Pharisee, named Gamaliel, a doctor of the law, had in reputation among all the people, and commanded to put the apostles forth a little space;

35. And said unto them, Ye men of Israel, take heed to yourselves what ye intend to do as touching these men.

36. For before these days rose up Theudas, boasting himself to be somebody; to whom a number of men, about four hundred, joined themselves: who was slain; and all, as many as obeyed him, were scattered, and brought to nought.

37. After this man rose up Judas of Galilee in the days of the taxing, and drew away much people after him: he also perished; and all, even as many as obeyed him, were dispersed.

38. And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:

39. But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.

#Peace

1 Like

Re: Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 03, 2017
Keneeby:

Because Jesus didn't own a house so pastors should not own a house. see dumpest reasoning. I know you are a bigot Catholic.

Chisos, u now have a software that can detect Catholicism in ur smartphone... Why should pastors own houses Aren't they not supposed to live a "Christ like" wofe grin.

Meanwhile I'm not a Christian, I'm a deist

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ / My Experience In Church This Morning / 2015 Prophecies That Never Occured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.