Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? (1464 Views)

Christians Answer This Please / Christians, Answer These Questions If You Can / Christians, Come And Answer This Question. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by Martinez19(m): 6:07pm On Nov 03, 2017
You guys say faith without works is dead. Suppose I am an amputee and I prayed to God to restore my missing limb and I have great faith, what work must I do so that my faith won't be dead?

Lightblazingnow, hopefulLandlord, catfishbilly, HardMirror, 1Sharon, Johnydon22, akintom, adepeter2027, segunojo866, AgentOfAllah, Niflheim, dalaman, butterflylion aka felixomor, KingEbukasBlog, bennyann, analice107, enilove, 0temAtum, deicide, Sciencewatch, oaroloye, jiggaz, proudgorgeousga etc.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by greatnaija01: 6:17pm On Nov 03, 2017
1) You do not need great faith

2) Prayer is also a work of faith.... WE DO NOT PRAY TO HAVE FAITH... WE PRAY BECAUSE WE HAVE FAITH

3) We didnt say faith without works is dead..... its in our constitution- THE BIBLE.

4) 2 Kings 7:3-end 3Now there were four leprous men at the entrance of the gate; and they said to one another, "Why do we sit here until we die?... they moved from where they were and when they got to the place they were afraid to go they found out the food was free because people ran away and left all their belongings there.(NOW THAT IS WORK too)

5) In the prayer to God, WHATEVER GOD SAYS IN RESPONSE TO THE AMPUTEE is the next step to his recovery, God can lead him to someone that will minister the healing n restoration to him or will sponsor him for a new prosthetic arm/leg

EITHER WAY GOD WINS, THE AMPUTEE IS RESTORED. Prayer is not an application but a continuous discussion. ONCE HE HAS even the smallest Faith, and He takes it into prayer there is surely going to be a testimony.....

THE PROBLEM IS MOST PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO SHOUT AT GOD and not to really PRAY THE RIGHT WAY cry

Martinez19:
You guys say faith without works is dead. Suppose I am an amputee and I prayed to God to restore my missing limb and I have great faith, what work must I do so that my faith won't be dead?

Lightblazingnow, hopefulLandlord, catfishbilly, HardMirror, 1Sharon, Johnydon22, akintom, adepeter2027, segunojo866, AgentOfAllah, Niflheim, dalaman, butterflylion aka felixomor, KingEbukasBlog, bennyann, analice107, enilove, 0temAtum, deicide, Sciencewatch, oaroloye, jiggaz, proudgorgeousga etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by ScienceWatch: 7:58pm On Nov 03, 2017
Martinez19:

Thanks for the invite Martinez19, I trust you have finally registered as an Atheist. Sorry to hear that you are an amputee.
About faith ; your faith produced this works - this topic. Therefore your faith is alive.

To answer your urgent question on what work you must do so that your faith will not die. my best advice would be that you should continue posting topics like this for comic sexual relief.

I wish you every success with out your lost limb.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by Martinez19(m): 8:01pm On Nov 03, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Thanks for the invite Martinez19, I trust you have finally registered as an Atheist. Sorry to hear that you are an amputee.
About faith ; your faith produced this works - this topic. Therefore your faith is alive.

To answer your urgent question on what work you must do so that your faith will not die. my best advice would be that you should continue posting topics like this for comic sexual relief.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by ScienceWatch: 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2017
If we accept the argument against God on the basis of the evil around us, then miracles aren’t going to change your mind, anyway (Matthew 12:39).
But when you accept God and His Word, you can understand how Genesis explains the death and suffering as a result of the failure of humanity, not God.

God uses miracles in particular points of time for very specific purposes. God doesn't need to prove Himself to us (we’re on trial, not Him), nor does He “need” to bless us. When He does bless us, it is entirely out of His mercy.

Amputations are one element of the consequences of death, degradation, and suffering that humanity and all creation bear because of our rebellion and sin. God has done greater works than restoring limbs. If He created the entire universe out of nothing, spoke all plants and animals into existence, sculpted and breathed life into the first two humans, and raised His Son from death, it is clear that He has the power to heal amputees if and when it is His will.

No human can perform healing miracles, it is entirely a product of spiritual force. NOT MANS ABILITY !

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2017
ScienceWatch:

LOL!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by ScienceWatch: 8:11pm On Nov 03, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

LOL!
lol VERY LOUD. religions must learn not to exhaust themselves against the ridicules testing of their faith by unregistered Low-level Atheists.

It is written, "DONT THROW YOUR PEARLS OF WISDOM TO THE SWINE, THEY WILL REND IT."

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:12pm On Nov 03, 2017
RIDE ON, BRO!

3 Likes

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by ScienceWatch: 8:17pm On Nov 03, 2017
Martinez19:

The title of the OP's topic should have been ; ATHEISTS ANSWER THIS ; WHAT WORK MUST BE DONE? that way Christians and Muslims can have a good laugh. It is weekend, for God sake lighten up.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by ScienceWatch: 8:17pm On Nov 03, 2017
Martinez19:

Now that you have amputated your leg, Let the fun begin..........
Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by ScienceWatch: 8:25pm On Nov 03, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
RIDE ON, BRO!
I apologize here for assuming that it was the OP's leg that was amputated. But when I read the OP it was as if he was limping while accusing.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
ScienceWatch:
lol VERY LOUD. religions must learn not to exhaust themselves against the ridicules testing of their faith by unregistered Low-level Atheists.

It is written, "DONT THROW YOUR PEARLS OF WISDOM TO THE SWINE, THEY WILL REND IT."

THEY ARE BLIND AND CANNOT SEE BEYOND THEIR NOSE...THEY ARE SPIRITUALLY DEAD AND CANNOT TAKEN IN SPIRITUAL TRUTH...

YET, THEY DON'T WANT TO COME TO JESUS THE LIFE, SO THAT THEY CAN HAVE LIFE...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
ScienceWatch:
I apologize here for assuming that it was the OP's leg that was amputated. But when I read the OP it was as if he was limping while accusing.

IF GOD IS NOT CONDEMNING YOU, WHO HAS THE BALLS TO CONDEMN YOU, MY FREIND?

NEVERTHELESS, IT IS A NOBLE DEED TO APOLOGISE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by ScienceWatch: 8:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

THEY ARE BLIND AND CANNOT SEE BEYOND THEIR NOSE...THEY ARE SPIRITUALLY DEAD AND CANNOT TAKEN IN SPIRITUAL TRUTH...

Unregistered Low-level Atheists have ulta-short noses. But still cant see beyond their noses, what a pity !

When I see a blind man that want to cross a very busy main road without asking for help, I find a quite place to sit and watch !!
Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by ScienceWatch: 8:53pm On Nov 03, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

Thanks Sir.
Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by ScienceWatch: 8:58pm On Nov 03, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

Thanks Sir you understand the abstract spiritual value of "Noble."

Maybe I should have one more word with the amputee Martinez19. If there is no God as you claim from your wheelchair, why should we care if people have lost limbs? To borrow from C. S. Lewis, "in a truly godless world, amputations wouldn’t be “good” or “bad”; they would simply be, a fact of life no different from a tree shedding leaves. Attacking theism on a moral basis undermines this type of amputated argument.
Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by vaxx: 9:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
ScienceWatch:
If we accept the argument against God on the basis of the evil around us, then miracles aren’t going to change your mind, anyway (Matthew 12:39).
But when you accept God and His Word, you can understand how Genesis explains the death and suffering as a result of the failure of humanity, not God.

God uses miracles in particular points of time for very specific purposes. God doesn't need to prove Himself to us (we’re on trial, not Him), nor does He “need” to bless us. When He does bless us, it is entirely out of His mercy.

Amputations are one element of the consequences of death, degradation, and suffering that humanity and all creation bear because of our rebellion and sin. God has done greater works than restoring limbs. If He created the entire universe out of nothing, spoke all plants and animals into existence, sculpted and breathed life into the first two humans, and raised His Son from death, it is clear that He has the power to heal amputees if and when it is His will.

No human can perform healing miracles, it is entirely a product of spiritual force. NOT MANS ABILITY !
you are just too funny...... It will be interesting to meet you ....by the way where is butterflion?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by ScienceWatch: 9:16pm On Nov 03, 2017
vaxx:
you are just too funny...... It will be interesting to meet you ....by the way where is butterfyl1on?
Evening master. Lol very loud. I love amputees, but if they dont ask for help, I find a quite place to sit and watch. Lol.

Butterfly1on is moving in the spirit, Sir. We should meet over a Philosophy Webinar with you as the magnificent host.

1 Like

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by ScienceWatch: 9:19pm On Nov 03, 2017
Martinez19:

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by 1Sharon(f): 11:37pm On Nov 03, 2017
God's ran out of spare limbs I'm afraid, stumpy

1 Like

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by ScienceWatch: 7:43am On Nov 04, 2017
1Sharon:
God's ran out of spare limbs I'm afraid, stumpy

LOL very loud !! This is a good one for Martinez19.
1Sharon, I know that you are using the nickname, Stumpy as a term of endearment. Your compassion for Martinez19 is heart warming.

One day God was handing out free limbs, there were long ques but Martinez19 became impatient and asked an Atheist amputee to hold his place in the line while he go to have a drink in a pub near-by. 4 hours later he came out of the pub mentally and spiritually intoxicated with a bottle of water in his hand, he got back to the line just as he was next to get his limb, but then he started arguing with God.

Martinez19 asked God with slurred speech to prove that he is God by turning his bottle of water into Richelieu Brandy. God remained silent. He then complained that he works long hours as a Security Guard at an institute for the disabled and criticized God for creating the world with long 24hr days. He said he will believe in God if God can change the days to more reasonable 15 hr days. God remained silent.

God remained silent.

1 Like

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by Martinez19(m): 8:02am On Nov 04, 2017
ScienceWatch:
LOL very loud !! This is a good one Martinez19. 1Sharon, I know that you are using the nickname, Stumpy as a term of endearment.
Your compassion for Martinez19 is heart warming.

One day God was handing out free limbs, there were long ques but Martinez19 became impatient and asked an Atheist amputee to hold his place in the line while he go to have a drink in a pub near-by. 4 hours later he came out of the pub mentally and spiritually intoxicated with a bottle of water in his hand, he got back to the line just as he was next to get his limb, but then he started arguing with God.

Martinez19 asked God with slurred speech to prove that he is God by turning his bottle of water into Richelieu Brandy. God remained silent. He then complained that he works long hours as a Security Guard at an institute for the disabled and criticized God for creating the world with long 24hr days. He said he will believe in God if God can change the days to more reasonable 15 hr days. God remained silent.

God remained silent.
why are you insisting that I am an amputee? I am not an amputee.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by ScienceWatch: 8:26am On Nov 04, 2017
Martinez19:

And so say all of us. And so say all of us. Most people will never admit that they are disabled.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by vaxx: 8:55am On Nov 04, 2017
ScienceWatch:
LOL very loud !! This is a good one for Martinez19.
1Sharon, I know that you are using the nickname, Stumpy as a term of endearment. Your compassion for Martinez19 is heart warming.

God remained silent.
your sense of humour is 101 percent high. .......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by ScienceWatch: 9:17am On Nov 04, 2017
vaxx:
Lol Vaxx , I have seen your real funny humour yesterday. Rol on the ground laughter, Stomach cramping laughter.
Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by ScienceWatch: 9:23am On Nov 04, 2017
Martinez19:

Martinez19, try hard not to be ashamed of your disability Sir. I too have a few disabilities, some real and some imagined. But it remains disabilities. My most serious disability is worse than your amputation. Mine is ignorance and lack of understanding the truth of others testimonies.
Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by ScienceWatch: 9:27am On Nov 04, 2017
Martinez19:

God uses miracles in particular points of time for very specific purposes.

God doesn't need to prove Himself to us (we’re on trial, not Him), nor does He “need” to bless us. When He does bless us, it is entirely out of His mercy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by ScienceWatch: 10:04am On Nov 04, 2017
Martinez19:

You said that you may be an amputee Sir. Forgive my assumption that you may have lost a leg. When I saw your sly sarcasm toward your creator, I got to wondering if you were suggesting a mental Amputation ?

As an unregistered Low-level Atheist your sarcastic argument against God on the basis of the evil and suffering around us dont make sense because then miracles aren’t going to change your mind, anyway.
Read (Matthew 12:39).
It is only after you accept God and His Word, you can understand how Genesis explains the death and suffering as a result of the failure of humanity, not God.

Human freely choose. God never interfere. The alleged gay/bi-sexual actor Jim Iykes received the miracle of demonic deliverance from God, but he choose to mock God because he felt ashamed in front of his peers. He will always be free to choose his action but never the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by ScienceWatch: 10:32am On Nov 04, 2017
Martinez19:

butterfly1ion, felixomor, KingEbukasBlog, Vaxx, bennyann, analice107, enilove, 0temAtum, deicide, Sciencewatch, oaroloye, jiggaz, proudgorgeousga etc.
Who told you that your faith is dead ? I see your faith in scientific superstitions are very much alive.

Your faith lives, Sir !!

Dont be afraid Sir, you have have faith in a Big-bang, fantasy evolution, dark matter, limited logic and aliens. Your faith lives.

Martinez19, a big up for you ! I do admire your trick question that is designed to make those that have faith in a living creator look foolish.
Will they fall for your trap ?

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by ScienceWatch: 9:14pm On Nov 04, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

THEY ARE BLIND AND CANNOT SEE BEYOND THEIR NOSE...THEY ARE SPIRITUALLY DEAD AND CANNOT TAKE IN SPIRITUAL TRUTH...

Yes Sir. As you rightly say that the ignorant wont come to the true life. There is a major shift happening in the world right now to help the spiritually ignorant SEE the evidence of the mighty power of Jesus Christ. Thousands of church honest leaders globally are being shaken up to bring their ministry in-line with the true Holy Gospels.

For years I had great difficulty reconciling the Gospels with reality. I was not seeing the promises Jesus made to all that believed in Him.
All this changed and my faith in Jesus and the Gospels increased dramatically after making a study of Emmanuel TV. The thousands of live global testimonies convinced me, rather than the one sided preaching of a pastor.

ALL JESUS' PROMISES ARE TRUE !!
Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:20pm On Nov 04, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Yes Sir. As you rightly say that the ignorant wont come to the true life. There is a major shift happening in the world right now to help the spiritually ignorant SEE the evidence of the mighty power of Jesus Christ. Thousands of church honest leaders globally are being shaken up to bring their ministry in-line with the true Holy Gospels.

For years I had great difficulty reconciling the Gospels with reality. I was not seeing the promises Jesus made to all that believed in Him.
All this changed and my faith in Jesus and the Gospels increased dramatically after making a study of Emmanuel TV. The thousands of live global testimonies convinced me, rather than the one sided preaching of a pastor.

ALL JESUS' PROMISES ARE TRUE !!

THE PROMISES OF CHRIST JESUS ARE LIVING AND ACTIVE TODAY, TOMORROW AND FOREVER. HALLELUYAH!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians Answer This. What Work Must Be Done? by ScienceWatch: 12:41am On Nov 05, 2017
vaxx:
This may interest you as a student of experiential reasoning. It is now 1am and I Am watching thousands of international pastors line up to attend a pastors conference and learn from TB JOSHUA. It is most valuable to learn what a global audience have to say about the same experience.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kaduna State Imam, Ibrahim Kazim Converts To Christian In Rome / Mods, Why Is There Almost No Christian Thread On Front Page Today Sunday? / Pastor Alph Lukau Exposed (video). Controversial Ressurrection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.