Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,479 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

'we Are All Guilty Of Using Government Money For Elections' -musiliu Obanikoro - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'we Are All Guilty Of Using Government Money For Elections' -musiliu Obanikoro (572 Views)

Musiliu Obanikoro Officially Joins APC (photos) / Musiliu Obanikoro Finally Dumps PDP, Joins APC / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Musiliu Obanikoro's Plan To Join APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'we Are All Guilty Of Using Government Money For Elections' -musiliu Obanikoro by Letenwam: 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2017
Nigeria's former ambassador to Ghana and a former Minister in President Jonathan's government, Sen. Musiliu Obanikoro, in an interview with Global Excellence, narrated his ordeal in the hands of EFCC .

The former Senator who decamped APC from PDP when he came under fire following EFCC's allegation/investigation against him, said;

'That matter is better left untouched. I will tell you why. For me, it is just politics. Every one of us, APC, PDP, we are all guilty of using government money for elections. That is it. If we want to clean the system, let us clean it at once so that nobody uses government money again for elections. I did not benefit a kobo from the money.

We were given money and we gave each state their due, we gave Governor Fayose, we gave others too. So, it’s not as if any money came to me. But people would rather play politics with everything than speak the truth of the matter. As I have said, few months ago, they passed the law that compels all political parties to advertise their donors. That is how you can clean up the system. If we say, okay we are the one in government, it is okay for us to use government money and it’s not okay for those who are not in government to do so, the system is not going to benefit anyone at the end of the day'.

He was asked about the money he said he gave Governor Fayose and the Governor's denial. Obanikoro said, 'well, the system knows the truth. I don’t even want to join issues with him because we only got to know each other only when he became governor. But the authorities know what happened to the money, and they are pursuing it. That’s all I have to say'.

https://www.lailasblog.com/guilty-using-government-money-elections-senator-musiliu-obanikoro/

Lalasticlala

Re: 'we Are All Guilty Of Using Government Money For Elections' -musiliu Obanikoro by GavelSlam: 1:40pm On Nov 04, 2017
You used security funds meant for the fight against insurgency for politics.

You should be in jail.

1 Like

Re: 'we Are All Guilty Of Using Government Money For Elections' -musiliu Obanikoro by aribisala0(m): 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2017
He has said the absolute truth.How were Obasanjo Yar'adua and Buhari's electttion campaigns funded
How did AC tae over the SW?

2 Likes

Re: 'we Are All Guilty Of Using Government Money For Elections' -musiliu Obanikoro by aolawale025: 2:03pm On Nov 04, 2017
Every elected official would be found wanting of that offence like Onanikoro stated.
Re: 'we Are All Guilty Of Using Government Money For Elections' -musiliu Obanikoro by GavelSlam: 2:10pm On Nov 04, 2017
So we should let you go because of that?

Re: 'we Are All Guilty Of Using Government Money For Elections' -musiliu Obanikoro by sarrki(m): 2:12pm On Nov 04, 2017
Like I said its a societal thing

We see immortality as morality

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'we Are All Guilty Of Using Government Money For Elections' -musiliu Obanikoro by muyibaba222(m): 2:29pm On Nov 04, 2017
This is just the plain truth. It applies to all political parties in Nigeria.
Re: 'we Are All Guilty Of Using Government Money For Elections' -musiliu Obanikoro by Isoko1stSon(m): 3:21pm On Nov 04, 2017
zombies know d truth

(1) (Reply)

El_rufai Also Fails Communication Skills Test / PHOTOS: Osinbajo At Premium Times Publisher, Dapo Olorunyomi Birthday Party / BREAKING NEWS: IPOB Sacks Nnamdi Kanu For Gross Financial Embezzlement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.