Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,542 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

How To Get Your Music On Over 100 Music Blogs Including 360nobs For FREE - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Get Your Music On Over 100 Music Blogs Including 360nobs For FREE (411 Views)

Falling Off From A Luxury Car Pose Nw Trendin Including A Santa Claus See Photos / Over 100 Cheats Death As Dana Aircraft Overshoots Runway In Port Harcourt / Policeman Attached To Okwelle Police Station , Kills Tipper Conductor Over #100 (2) (3) (4)

How To Get Your Music On Over 100 Music Blogs Including 360nobs For FREE by gospelguy: 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2017
Okay, I will go straight to the point. Many folks told me how bad the Nigerian music system was. In their own words "Everything for Naija na money money". This was scary at first, but with time I got to find out that it was all lies. Nigerians love to blame something for their inefficiency and that is the sad truth. I can beat my chest and tell you that you can get nearly 80% of Nigerian music blogs to post about your song for free. Nigerians are not as BAD as Nigerians think they are.

Okay, let me tell you how I got my music on over 100 music blogs including 360nobs and BusySinging for free!

1. YOU NEED TO RECORD A GOOD SONG
2. YOU NEED TO PROPERLY MIX AND MASTER YOUR MUSIC
3. YOU NEED TO GO FOR A GOOD PHOTOSHOOT
4. YOU NEED TO HAVE A KICKASS COVER ART
5. YOU NEED TO WRITE A BRIEF YET COMPELLING NOTE ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR SONG
6. YOU NEED TO VISIT MUSIC BLOGS, GET THEIR CONTACTS AND EMAIL THEM
SIMPLE!

Now let's start with No. 1
1. YOU NEED TO RECORD A GOOD SONG
Go to the studio and wax out a good song. Now a good song is a combination of a good beat, a good rhythm, and a kick-ass lyrics.
Get a good producer to produce a great beat for you. In my case, I used the A-list producer; DJ Klem. Now sit back and master your beat. Own it and let it be part of you. Put that headphone on and play that beat throughout the day. Now get down to writing that song. Don't rush it; every good thing takes time. It can take you as much as a month to write it depending on how good you are. In my case, it just took me 3 days. Now that you have that hit song in your head, sing it till it becomes part of you. Keep singing it and singing it throughout the day. I sang mine for almost a week. Perfect it. Now return back to the studio and sing it with all your heart. SIng it like your future depends on it; because it DOES!
Now name your song and keep it short. In my case, I went for just "HIGHER"

2. YOU NEED TO PROPERLY MIX AND MASTER YOUR MUSIC
A good song with a bad audio quality is a total turn off. Nobody will love it. Meet someone who is good at mixing and mastering songs in your genre. Don't give your song to someone who specializes in mixing and mastering rap songs when you are the R&B guy. In my case, I gave it to "Crisace Andrae". Yes, this guy is good!

3. YOU NEED TO GO FOR A GOOD PHOTOSHOOT
Go out for a real photoshoot, the ones that cost around 10k. Get good clothes and put on and if possible carry your guitar along with you; it shows you mean business. Get them to take as many pictures as possible and choose from the best. I went with Ambassadors Image. They are the best in town!

4. YOU NEED TO HAVE A KICKASS COVER ART
Meet someone who can give you a standard cover art design. A cover Art is as good as the song. A bad cover art tells them you don't mean business and that the song is probably as wack as the cover art. So make it GOOD! Make it count. They say don't judge a book by its cover. But unfortunately, the whole world does! (I have attached a copy of my cover art)

5. YOU NEED TO WRITE A BRIEF YET COMPELLING NOTE ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR SONG
Now open up your mail and start composing something to send to these bloggers. Type a brief about yourself and next type a little about what your music is about. Keep it short, classic and simple. In my case, I sent them these

...St. Chika delivers a Gospel song that will make you want to lift your voice in praise and move your feet.

The debut and hit single of the sensational gospel singer St. Chika. In 'Higher' St. Chika ministers in an unusual way. Listen to "Higher" off the 'Feel The Gospel' album

Now the first line I introduced myself and the other line I introduced the song. That simple!
If you have a website include it. Include your social media handles. In the beginning of the mail just before the point, you introduce yourself and your music include the artist name, song title, and the producer's names. Now attach to the mail your cover art and music file (mp3). Sometimes it is good to include a direct link to download. You can host it on cloudup, my.notjustok.com, Dropbox hulkshare et al.

6. YOU NEED TO VISIT MUSIC BLOGS, GET THEIR CONTACTS AND EMAIL THEM
Now visit your favorite music blogs (as many as you can). In my case, I visited over 150 music blogs. Go to their contact page and collect their email address. Collate all of them as you do so. Once you have all their email address, it is time to send your mail out. Put all these emails in your blind carbon copy (bcc) and not in the cc section or to section (You don't want them knowing you sent a similar mail to over 100 music blogs, it will look like spam). Now, send your mail.

IT IS TIME TO SIT BACK AND WATCH THEM TWEET ABOUT YOU ON TWITTER, POST ABOUT YOU ON FACEBOOK. Also, use google to track the links. Just type in your song title and your stage name and google will bring up all the links. Now you are famous, It is time to thank me! LOL

GOD BLESS YOUR HUSTLE!

These Smart Self-driving Buses Are Been Tested In China / The Near Music Hits Of Year 2017 / Student Suspended, Ordered To Buy 1000 Loaves Of Bread For Stealing Just 1 Loaf.