Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

How Do I Connect An Android Phone To A Laptop Wlan Internet - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Connect An Android Phone To A Laptop Wlan Internet (1468 Views)

How To Connect An Android Phone To An Old CRT TV / 3 Ways To Connect An Iphone Or Ipad To Your TV / 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Connect An Android Phone To A Laptop Wlan Internet by magnificient7: 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2017
hello peeps,

i have a laptop which is connected to a wlan. now i want to share this internet network with my android phone, but currently experiencing problem with it.
firstly. i have tried connectify, but a get the error message of ''wifi adapter drive does not support AP mode''.
i have tried virtual router and it says ''the group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation'' .
i have tried all the netsh wlan set..... but cannot still host.

how else can i connect my phone to my laptop wlan.
PS; i use Dell 6400 series running on windows 7 ultimate

mods no vex if i have to duplicate this post in computer and phone section
Re: How Do I Connect An Android Phone To A Laptop Wlan Internet by Xtopher123(m): 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2017
If youve got WIN 10 Installed then its Easy, just click on your Network Icon and youll see Mobile Hotspot, Windows 10 has the feature as default

Else...

Google and download OsToTo Hotspot.. Its Light, fast and reliable..
Re: How Do I Connect An Android Phone To A Laptop Wlan Internet by guji12(m): 9:29pm On Nov 04, 2017
Just create hotspot with ur laptop. Using command prompt. Follow dis link
http://faq.micro-pctech.com/2016/12/14/create-wifi-hotspot-using-command-prompt/
Re: How Do I Connect An Android Phone To A Laptop Wlan Internet by magnificient7: 9:35am On Nov 05, 2017
guji12:
Just create hotspot with ur laptop. Using command prompt. Follow dis link
http://faq.micro-pctech.com/2016/12/14/create-wifi-hotspot-using-command-prompt/

thank you @ guji12, when i executed the “Hosted Network support” , it cam out as no. so i couldn't host it
Re: How Do I Connect An Android Phone To A Laptop Wlan Internet by magnificient7: 9:38am On Nov 05, 2017
Xtopher123:
If youve got WIN 10 Installed then its Easy, just click on your Network Icon and youll see Mobile Hotspot, Windows 10 has the feature as default

Else...

Google and download OsToTo Hotspot.. Its Light, fast and reliable..

thank you xtopher123, tried it also but saying please update portable wifi hotspot.

not sure how to update the hotspot drive.

(1) (Reply)

How To Enable The Hidden Night Mode On Nougat / Why Does Glo Data Network Disappears Every Weekend / Enjoying My Leagoo Kiicaa Power Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.