Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos (29029 Views)

PHOTOS: Ikorodu Roads Heavily Flooded Following Early Morning Rain / Makurdi Community Flooded In Benue State: Properties Jeopardized / People's Houses Flooded In Lekki After This Morning Rain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos by PMWSpirit(m): 11:00pm On Nov 04, 2017
seguno2:

Politicians are responsible for cleaning up the drainage regularly by EMPLOYING people and supervising them.
Is that easy enough for you to understand? If not, I can explain further. Please let me know.
oh good and its your civil responsibility to liter everywhere till drainages get clogged abi. Bro get sense na government is not just about politicians its about an average citizen doing their part to make it work. Do your part

1 Like

Re: 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos by seguno2: 11:35pm On Nov 04, 2017
PMWSpirit:
oh good and its your civil responsibility to liter everywhere till drainages get clogged abi. Bro get sense na government is not just about politicians its about an average citizen doing their part to make it work. Do your part

Citizens do their part based on education and sensitisation by government officials.
If government officials steal the money and do a few shagbe loju yoyo shine shine cheap and cheerful staff for which they are praised by gullible people, how will the citizens know the right thing to do?
Please tell us. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos by arleck(m): 11:39pm On Nov 04, 2017
dan4oster120:
Please friends did this rain fall today
cheesy
mehn! tha rain plus wind serious o..

e carry one mumu church roof next to my house cun knack ontop my slaty roof

have been packing water and patching my roof since evening angry
Re: 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos by PMWSpirit(m): 11:56pm On Nov 04, 2017
seguno2:

Citizens do their part based on education and sensitisation by government officials.
If government officials steal the money and do a few shagbe loju yoyo shine shine cheap and cheerful staff for which they are praised by gullible people, how will the citizens know the right thing to do?
Please tell us. Thanks.
ok sir i agree with you but honestly God punish your government teacher ooo
Re: 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos by seguno2: 11:59pm On Nov 04, 2017
PMWSpirit:
ok sir i agree with you but honestly God punish your government teacher ooo

I am curious. Why should God punish my government teacher?
Thanks.
Re: 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos by PMWSpirit(m): 12:10am On Nov 05, 2017
seguno2:

I am curious. Why should God punish my government teacher?
Thanks.
Your dependency on govt of course ,who else taught you this ? Do your part. Stop waiting for govt ,you know the right thing . Do it. Btw why do you think we are stuck with bad leaders, we know they are not right yet we vote them. Who is decieving who bro ? Imagine 2019 isn't here yet and we are still talking Atiku and the likes. Good governance is not miracle but making good choices by citizens,but we still need sensitization i guess

1 Like

Re: 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos by seguno2: 2:46am On Nov 05, 2017
PMWSpirit:

Your dependency on govt of course ,who else taught you this ? Do your part. Stop waiting for govt ,you know the right thing . Do it. Btw why do you think we are stuck with bad leaders, we know they are not right yet we vote them. Who is decieving who bro ? Imagine 2019 isn't here yet and we are still talking Atiku and the likes. Good governance is not miracle but making good choices by citizens,but we still need sensitization i guess

I see.
Thanks for your reply.
Holding government officials ACCOUNTABLE for what they are paid to do will reduce the bad leaders, don’t you agree?
Accountable for EMPLOYING people to clean gutters is one example.
Do you know how many Nigerians in London are working for the local government as drainage cleaners?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos by PMWSpirit(m): 3:18am On Nov 05, 2017
seguno2:

I see.
Thanks for your reply.
Holding government officials ACCOUNTABLE for what they are paid to do [/b]will reduce the bad leaders, don’t you agree?
[b]Accountable for EMPLOYING people to clean gutters is one example.

Do you know how many Nigerians in London are working for the local government as drainage cleaners?
I agree with you to some extent , but you need to understand that there is nothing like bad leaders we only have bad citizens in leadership post (thats the way i see it ) from what you said bolded; we have monetized leadership post and thats why people misbehave when they get there, they see it as a means to get rich. But my question to you as a citizen can you be held accountable as an upright in terms of your civic duties to this country. You see i really dont care about the leaders for now . A time will come all this crap will end but right now i just want to do my part, if everyone does there part judiciously, trust me no leader will try rubbish , have you ever wondered why we have institution such as kai, op mesa, vio, lastma and the others . In sane countries all this is done by just one which is the police and people dare not misbehave . In conclusion , im sorry to say this but we have more bad citizens than good ones

Btw thats the diff btw drainage cleaners of London and Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos by Kingbusssy(m): 6:54am On Nov 05, 2017
mgbadike81:
just three hours rain? I swear,if I manage to leave this country, even my corpse would never return to this zoo.

That's 'If'
But we're here together
Re: 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 05, 2017
Senseless citizens, when a million or more people throw refuse on the streets daily what do you expect? Besides, the rain was very heavy and this is just flash flood which will disappear in a few hours. Bloggers get a life!
Re: 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos by mgbadike81: 7:01am On Nov 05, 2017
Kingbusssy:

That's 'If'
But we're here together
lol,it's just a question of time my brother, instead of me not to leave this country, I would go for further studies in an African country like Ghana or Botswana and pick up a job there. this country have no bright future whatever.
Re: 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos by soath(m): 7:31am On Nov 05, 2017
It's not raining in Ibadan ooooo
Re: 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos by HomeOfMe(f): 8:40am On Nov 05, 2017
post=62072847:
Information reaching our news desk at Newshelm Nigeria has it that major roads into Ifako Ijaiye local government have been submerged by flood after the sky broke loose for about 3 hours non stop.

People going to Ogun state through Sango road are in for a long day and serious traffic is gathering.

Photos Below:

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/11/photos-3-hours-non-stop-rain-leaves.html

That yesterday's rain was something else. Started at 11 a m and stopped at about 2 pm. The thunder and lightening were the scariest.
Re: 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos by talkeasy: 11:31am On Nov 05, 2017
is dis flood? hmmm go to VGC to see what is called flood

1 Like

Re: 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos by Jekonmor(m): 7:10pm On Nov 05, 2017
[quote author=12345baba post=62078915]Rain still dey fall?

Nooo...na granite fall sad
Re: 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 05, 2017
This happen for mainland o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dapo Abiodun Visits Enugu State Governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Others - Photos / Yahaya Bello Asks Appointees To Show Election Results Of Their Polling Units / Governor Fayemi Visits Senator Orji Kalu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.