Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married (516 Views)

Patienceyisa: I'm Tired Of Being A Virgin, Is It Biblically Right To Masturbate? / Drake Requests For Niniola's Song On Radio, She Reacts / If Given The Chance, I Will Marry All My Baby Mamas – Wizkid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Realloading(m): 5:57pm On Nov 04, 2017

Pope Francis has requested that Roman Catholic priests be given the right to get married. The request applies to priests in Brazil, and is on the agenda for an upcoming synod (church council) in the Amazon region.

A small number of married Roman Catholic priests already exist, including previously married Anglican vicars who have joined the church.
A request to lift the ban on marriage was made by Brazilian bishop Cardinal Claudio Hummes, who reportedly asked the Pope to consider ‘viri probati’, meaning married of great faith, as priests.

Source:http://pluscelebritygist..com.ng/2017/11/pope-francis-requests-roman-catholic.html

Derry priest Father Paddy O’Kane suggested that Pope Francis may move to end celibacy earlier this month, saying there was support amongst the church for the idea.

Earlier this year the Pope told Die Zeit newspaper: ‘We must consider if ‘viri probati’ is a possibility. Then we must determine what tasks they can perform, for example, in remote communities.’

Francis and his predecessor Benedict XVI have both stated that celibacy is not a matter of inflexible church dogma unlike, and could be debated.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by kunlesufyan(m): 5:59pm On Nov 04, 2017
Lol! Father too wan dey chop puna...

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by DuchessLily(f): 6:03pm On Nov 04, 2017
That's better ooo... I am happy for them oo
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by globalkay(m): 6:40pm On Nov 04, 2017
If you support click LIKE if you oppose the marriage idea click SHARE.

(1) (Reply)

dot / Low Life Girl Steals From Uber's Tip Jar / Nollywod Bad Boy Jim Iyke Convicted For Fraud, To Repay Businesswoman N15.7 Mil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.