Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Are You Interested In Breeding Rabbit? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Are You Interested In Breeding Rabbit? (1224 Views)

Grasscutter Breeding Stock For Sale / Start A Lucrative Business This Year(rabbit Farming) / Rabbit Farmers Association Of Nigeria (RAFAN) Meet In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Interested In Breeding Rabbit? by odjr: 2:17am On Nov 05, 2017
Breeding rabbits is an emotional experience, and rightly so, for it’s taking on a lot of responsibility to bring new lives into the world. Also, part of dealing with new life is dealing with death. A significant percentage of baby rabbits do not survive past weaning age. The mother is also at risk of death. First-time rabbit mom’s also have a track record of losing their entire litter. They usually do fine the next time, but most breeders count on about 50% of first litters dying entirely.
A rabbit breeder must be equipped with a few vital tools:

1. A stated purpose for breeding rabbits. A clear objective will help you make good judgements in selecting breeding pairs and solving problems. Examples include meat production, improving a breed, and increasing the vitality and health of your herd.

2. A reliable demand for the bunnies you produce. Let me tell you, the market for pets is shaky at best. The world just does not need more pet rabbits produced.

3. Ample equipment to keep multiple animals. Three cages is not enough. Remember, there is usually no guarantee that you will sell any of the babies, and you need to be prepared to keep them all. Male and female baby rabbits must be separated from each other by about 10 weeks of age, and rabbits thrive the best if they are given their own private cage by 3 or 4 months. Overcrowding of young rabbits leads to fights, injury, and poor condition.

4. Ample budget. Rabbits are relatively low-cost animals. Compared to horses or dogs, breeding rabbits is very inexpensive. But you just might be amazed at that feed bill.

5. Sufficient knowledge. The adage, “read before you breed” is 100% good advice. Learn as much as you can about rabbit husbandry before you mate your first pair. This website is a great place to start! If you are new to rabbit ownership, I definitely recommend keeping them for several months to learn their habits before you breed them. A relationship with an experienced breeder is invaluable, because you will almost certainly run into questions!

6. Flexible schedule. Bunny mothers may give birth any time during the day or night. In case she has difficulty in labor, or kindles on the wire, you need to be on hand to check her regularly. Once the babies are born, they must remain in the nest box to keep warm. Wandering kits under 10 days of age can easily die of exposure if not caught soon enough. Plus, you must have enough time to maintain good sanitation in your rabbitry. Growing kits can make a mess of their house as fast as growing kids!

If you a you are prepared for smiles, tears, joyous laughter, and even the occasional shock, read on. Raising rabbits is a lot of work, but brings a rich reward.

Why Not give a try at raising some rabbit,contact DOLLYBUNNIES RABBIT PLANET ON 08165050790,07065365671,09055692440 TO PLACE YOUR ORDER,ORDERS UP TO #8000 WILL GET A #1000 DISCOUNT ,OFFER AVAILABLE TILL 1st OF DECEMBER 2017

Re: Are You Interested In Breeding Rabbit? by 4kings: 2:26am On Nov 05, 2017
Interesting. I thought rabbits would be very expensive.
Re: Are You Interested In Breeding Rabbit? by Hardeydorlarpor: 8:02am On Nov 06, 2017
Of Course Not,if U Are Really Ready To Go Into It
Thats My Digits Below
Re: Are You Interested In Breeding Rabbit? by odjr: 8:39am On Apr 07, 2018
still available
Re: Are You Interested In Breeding Rabbit? by Iseoluwani: 9:04pm On Apr 07, 2018
Check my signature
Re: Are You Interested In Breeding Rabbit? by tunmch: 6:15pm On Nov 20, 2018
Greetings to all my fellow rabbits farmers I present to you IDENTITY RABBITS FEEDS as a small company, this small humble company is specialized in production of rabbits feeds,kick starting first sales in ilorin, kwara state. This feeds specially made for weaners, growers and the pregnant does..this feeds is certified and tested by different commercialize rabbits farmers in Nigeria. as I was told,this formula(attached bellow test trails) is brought from Associate of rabbits breeders in Germany. which I see the significant impacts in my weaners, growers and pregnant does (given birth to 8,9,10, kits at a go) ...the era of bloats of young and adult death of weaners is over. For now they produce5kg 10kg and 25kg for easy access to growing weaners to overgrown their delicate period.it can be supplied within ilorin for now.
contact me on how to get to you on.
whatsapp 08124446541
cal 08124446541 and 08160817795 Thanks.we will reap from the fruits of our labour, amen.

(1) (Reply)

The New Fufu Pounder That Gave Nairalanders Millions / Food For The Gods! Strange ‘snake-like’ Banana Tree Appears In Anambra Village / Profitable Business Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.