Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. (22421 Views)

Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank / Few Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Bank / Five Revealing Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by INTEGRITYA1(m): 6:38pm On Nov 05, 2017
LeoT1:
Good write up but the realities on ground are very different. I was an advocate of real estate and I have invested millions into property (houses, flats, lands, shops etc) over the last 5 years. I took time to do the maths recently and I realised that the opportunity cost clearly outweigh the ROI from these ventures. Here are the facts:
1. I had an opportunity to invest on treasury bills or by a shop in lekki for 5m . I opted for the later. The rental income was a paltry 250k per annum gross without discounting for maintenance cost and estate management agent cost. The asking price of the shop today is 6m. At treasury bills rate was 18% for 5 years. Do the maths.

I have other experiences that are less palatable than this. Rental income is normally between 5 to 7%. Normal property appreciation could even be lower. There are "trophy property " that could bring a lot of returns but they are one and far between. Go to the cemetery of lost investments from real estate, you may never touch it again from a dozen feet away. Remember only successful cases make the news. It's like a lottery.

Hello Sir, anyone and everyone have the potential to invest in real estate and win big Sir, you can buy low cost land in a strategic location, buying from some reliable real estate companies will put you in saver side. Sir, all you need to do is to ensure your location is clean so even if you've never occupied your property or build on it, keep it clean so it will be save environment for the inhabitants. If you choose to later sell in just 5 years later, that will ensure greater returns on your investment Sir.
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by INTEGRITYA1(m): 6:53pm On Nov 05, 2017
megastu:
I agree with you totally.

I bought a land for 6m around ajah in 2008 and when i was buying i was told a multinational was coming to build an estate there. They never came and road to the area was never built. I can hardly get a buyer for the land even at 10million. Imagine if those funds were locked up in T bills how much i would have. Again, poster said "good location" i guess that is the key.

Hello Sir, sooner or later you will definitely sell off and you will sing of Joy.

Most likely Sir, it's always nice to buy from low cost ones like what is going on Ibeju-Lekki. That location is growing at faster rate now and world standard projects like Dangote Refinery, Free Trade Zone Center and LA Campaign Tropicana Beach Resort and so on.

There some Estate selling currently for 600k per plot (exclude development and survey fees)
At that, promo option of buying 5 plots and getting 1 plot extra is applicable.

You might have people around you who intend to invest in landed properties. I will be glad to render effective and efficient services as a real estate consultant.
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 05, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Treasury Bills of 18% will give you a true yield of about 22%.

You also have the option of rollover, I have been rolling over some of my Treasury Bills investment for the past 3 years.

True Yield of 22% ? What happened to the implicit tax of Inflation , Nigeria’s inflation rate currently stands at c.16% and rates are currently dropping too. So, Fixed Income investments are not a bed of roses right now and don’t forget you also pay management fees to Asset Managers(However litte)

In all, you made some nice points.
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by INTEGRITYA1(m): 6:59pm On Nov 05, 2017
Klins2000:
I want to invest in Real Estate in South East. I need to be guided on how to go about it.

Would you Port Harcourt?
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by ehmasjet(m): 8:00pm On Nov 05, 2017
davidflipcy5856:
it's true. but how do I invest in real estate?

Pm me to tell you how for free
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2017
Fiyinfoluwa20:

True Yield of 22% ? What happened to the implicit tax of Inflation , Nigeria’s inflation rate currently stands at c.16% and rates are currently dropping too. So, Fixed Income investments are not a bed of roses right now and don’t forget you also pay management fees to Asset Managers(However litte)

In all, you made some nice points.

There is no asset manager fee for Trreasury Bills, except you invest in money market mutual funds.
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by Alkanoicacid(m): 9:29pm On Nov 05, 2017
iamord:
with 100k u can start with a wooden koisk.. real estate no be Ponzi ;-)

Chaai Nairalanders ehn grin
iamord:
with 100k u can start with a wooden koisk.. real estate no be Ponzi ;-)

Chaai Nairalanders ehn

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by lawyer(m): 9:30pm On Nov 05, 2017
dotcomnamename:
Real Estate? Ask them the below quetions:

Dear Real Estate Agent,

INFORMATION NEEDED.

As discussed on the phone, and as advised by my Lawyer, I would still like to get a response in writing to my questions for documentation purposes. You will agree with me that we are about to embark on a Business venture, hence I need documentations for future reference.

1. I am interested in buying a Plot from your company and would want to know if the roads are paved.
2. Can I see the plan of the Master Plan of the general Layout showing the Landmarks, Major Roads etc.
3. Can I see the Survey showing the Coordinates and Survey Number?
4. Are the areas developed yet?
5. How is the drainage network?
6. Can I have the Coordinates i.e. Longitude & Latitude.
7. Is there a Transformer installed? How will electricity get there?
8. I want to know if there are street lightings installed.
9. What Documentations will I get when I make the first Installment?
11. Will I be shown the plot after my first deposit? My Lawyer has advised, It has to be in every documents I get from your company; the Block & Plot Number. He said even if I pay any amount as agreed upon as deposit, it is incumbent upon your company to show me the area and it has to be documented so long as I do not default in my obligations to pay the balance and I do not build on the land until I finish payment.
12. After paying installment, is there a guarantee that the price will not fluctuate thereafter and I be asked to pay the difference?
13. Do you have a Block Industry nearby, where one can buy blocks?
14. What is the cost the Documentation Fee and Survey?
15. After completing payment, am I at liberty to design and build whatever design of house I want for my family without following your own designs?
16. Am I allowed to erect whatever height of Fence I so desire?
17. When I complete payment, can I sink a borehole on my property, if I want to?

I really want to know before taking the next step, however, if there are any other questions, I will let you know.

Thanks.

In Reality, watch how 98% of them will apply Usain Bolt style grin grin grin

Wonderful response!!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by SleekyP(m): 9:40pm On Nov 05, 2017
dotcomnamename:
Real Estate? Ask them the below quetions:

Dear Real Estate Agent,

INFORMATION NEEDED.

As discussed on the phone, and as advised by my Lawyer, I would still like to get a response in writing to my questions for documentation purposes. You will agree with me that we are about to embark on a Business venture, hence I need documentations for future reference.

1. I am interested in buying a Plot from your company and would want to know if the roads are paved.
2. Can I see the plan of the Master Plan of the general Layout showing the Landmarks, Major Roads etc. Sure
3. Can I see the Survey showing the Coordinates and Survey Number? Sure
4. Are the areas developed yet? (yes,80% developed)
5. How is the drainage network? Fantastic kiss
6. Can I have the Coordinates i.e. Longitude & Latitude. Yes!!
7. Is there a Transformer installed? How will electricity get there? Of course there is
8. I want to know if there are street lightings installed. yes,yes
9. What Documentations will I get when I make the first Installment?A duly executed Purchase Receipt and Contact of Sale
11. Will I be shown the plot after my first deposit? My Lawyer has advised, It has to be in every documents I get from your company; the Block & Plot Number. He said even if I pay any amount as agreed upon as deposit, it is incumbent upon your company to show me the area and it has to be documented so long as I do not default in my obligations to pay the balance and I do not build on the land until I finish payment.
you won't be allocated yet until you are ready to build and pay the developmental fees grin
12. After paying installment, is there a guarantee that the price will not fluctuate thereafter and I be asked to pay the difference? At all
13. Do you have a Block Industry nearby, where one can buy blocks? of course there is smiley
14. What is the cost the Documentation Fee and Survey? it varies,depending on our estates
15. After completing payment, am I at liberty to design and build whatever design of house I want for my family without following your own designs? yes,yes but we dont allow face me and face
16. Am I allowed to erect whatever height of Fence I so desire? Nope, just Average..that your neighbor can see through smiley
17. When I complete payment, can I sink a borehole on my property, if I want to? why not? you owned it grin

I really want to know before taking the next step, however, if there are any other questions, I will let you know.

Thanks.

In Reality, watch how 98% of them will apply Usain Bolt style grin grin grin

This is not a problem with Adron Home and Properties...call me for more info and site inspection 08148450760
adronhomesproperties.com/
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by dennisworld1(m): 10:14pm On Nov 05, 2017
yanshDoctor:
ok. i like to buy in warri.
very hard
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by dotcomnamename: 11:29pm On Nov 05, 2017
SleekyP:

This is not a problem with Adron Home and Properties...call me for more info and site inspection 08148450760
adronhomesproperties.com/

You think you are doing me?

Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by SleekyP(m): 11:31pm On Nov 05, 2017
dotcomnamename:

You think you are doing me?

what else buddie? undecided

Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by olujastro: 12:19am On Nov 06, 2017
wickyyolo:
Great write-up. As an investor the only money I transfer to my savings account is what I intend to spend for the Month.

My money is in one investment or another. F*ck the Banks
ezionye, this is how to be rich. tongue
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by Partnerbiz(f): 5:50am On Nov 06, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

You rollover at the current rate. The average true yield in the last 3 years is about 18%.

I hope you understand the meaning of true yield?

Treasury Bills of 18%, will give a true yield of about 22%.

Yes roll over at current rate. That's why i made that comment.

I know true yield.

Again, average in the past 3 yrs had not been 18%

Tb was as low as 9% some time last yr.
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:56am On Nov 06, 2017
My
Partnerbiz:

Yes roll over at current rate. That's why i made that comment.

I know true yield.

Again, average in the past 3 yrs had not been 18%

Tb was as low as 9% some time last yr.

The 9% was early year, and lasted 6 weeks out of 52 weeks in a year.
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by Partnerbiz(f): 5:58am On Nov 06, 2017
emmanuelewumi:
My

The 9% was early year, and lasted 6 weeks out of 52 weeks in a year.

lol
you already awake. lol
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by bigcil2(m): 6:07am On Nov 06, 2017
CaptPlanet:

Why can't you just answer him here for others to learn.?

This is a forum, there's no limit to people you can reach.

He wants to invest in real estate and I run a real estate firm. I think that pretty adds up
https://Letout.com.ng
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by CaptPlanet(m): 6:11am On Nov 06, 2017
bigcil2:

He wants to invest in real estate and I run a real estate firm. I think that pretty adds up
https://Letout.com.ng

Everyone on the thread has a reason for being here. You don't know who you might be reaching out to if you answerd him on the thread instead of going private was what I meant but whatever floats your boat.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by lereinter(m): 7:33am On Nov 06, 2017
real estate also experience burst
such that happened in ireland
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:24am On Nov 06, 2017
*THE PENINSULA Homes 2*

Why not join the wise investors that will be getting value for their money within the shortest possible time?

The Peninsula Homes 2 is just a perfect investment for you to key in.

The Peninsula Homes is a prime estate located 5 minutes drive after the prestigious La Campaigne Tropicana Beach Resort and 10 minutes drive from the Lekki Free Trade Zone.

PROMO PRICE: *600K*
HOTTEST PROMO: *Buy 6 get 1 free*
ORIGINAL PRICE: *900K*
TITLE: *EXCISION IN PROGRESS*
SIZE: *600SQM*

*WHY YOU NEED TO INVEST IN PENINSULA HOMES 2*

�Over 250 Return On Investment in Shortest possible Time
�Close Proximity to LA Campaigne Tropicana Beach Resort and lekki free trade zone.
�Directly facing the major Road
�Selling at a promo price, the price will be increase in few days time.

Buying Real Estate is not only the best way, it's the quickest way and the safest way but the only way to become wealthy

For more information| Inspection| Payment Details 08062342001
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by Marcdon10(m): 5:05pm On Nov 06, 2017
Contact Adeshina now for free inspection on +2348125429017.Thanks, God Bless.
Marcdon10:
Dear Friend,

Some feel that saving money in the bank is a good strategy to building wealth. Though, it is very good to save, it is not a good wealth building strategy. The gains of real estate investment far outweigh that of saving in the bank for the following reasons:

1. *Currency always diminish in value while real estate appreciates:*

The purchasing power of money continually diminishes. The things One million naira could buy five years ago are not the same things it can buy today. However, real estate always appreciates. If you buy a plot of land in a good location, take effective possession and perfect necessary
documentation today, in five years’ time, you can sell it for up to 10× or more of the price you bought it.

2. *Return on savings is infinitesimal while returns on real estate investments are huge:*

When you save your money in the bank or do a fixed deposit, your returns on investment are usually single digit per annum. Conversely, based on the rate of development in the area you purchase your landed property or building, the return on investment are often huge. If you buy a house for example and let it out to tenants, between a decade to two, you will have recovered your investment and you will continue to make profit for the rest of your life.

3. *Your money in the bank simply makes the banker richer while your money in real estate makes you richer:*

If you save money in the bank, the money will be used by the bank to give
out loans and you will be paid an interest. The difference between the interest given by the customer who loans your money and the amount given to you is taken by the bank. Thus making the banker richer. On the other hand, when you invest in real estate, the difference between the price you bought the property and the price you are selling it is taken completely by you.
Thus making you richer.

4. *Expenses always arise to deplete your savings but your property is always there appreciating in value:*

When you have money saved in the bank, no matter how disciplined you are,
there will always be expenses that will arise to deplete the savings. When
you invest such funds into real estate, your cash is tied into an
investment that will be appreciating in value no matter how lose you are
with the remaining cash in your possession.

5. *None of the rich ascribe their success in gathering wealth to saving but most of them have impressive property portfolios (more than 90% of them):*

Of all the wealthy individuals in the world, I do not know of anyone whose wealth strategy was saving in the bank. However, a cursory look at the wealthiest individuals in the world, in Africa and even in Nigeria show that property investment is the preferred wealth building option.
Now you know, It's time to act
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by realtorNG17: 6:15pm On Nov 06, 2017
Don’t wait to invest rather invest then wait. Stay informed about the real estate world with realtor.ng. Visit realtor.ng today… Follow us @realtor.ng on facebook, instagram, twitter and LinkedIn...
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by realtorNG17: 6:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
INTEGRITYA1:

Hello Sir, sooner or later you will definitely sell off and you will sing of Joy.

Most likely Sir, it's always nice to buy from low cost ones like what is going on Ibeju-Lekki. That location is growing at faster rate now and world standard projects like Dangote Refinery, Free Trade Zone Center and LA Campaign Tropicana Beach Resort and so on.

There some Estate selling currently for 600k per plot (exclude development and survey fees)
At that, promo option of buying 5 plots and getting 1 plot extra is applicable.

You might have people around you who intend to invest in landed properties. I will be glad to render effective and efficient services as a real estate consultant.

Don’t wait to invest rather invest then wait. Stay informed about the real estate world with realtor.ng. Visit realtor.ng today… Follow us @realtor.ng on facebook, instagram, twitter and LinkedIn...
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by realtorNG17: 6:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
Marcdon10:
Contact Adeshina now for free inspection on +2348125429017.Thanks, God Bless.

Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by realtorNG17: 6:18pm On Nov 06, 2017
INTEGRITYA1:
*THE PENINSULA Homes 2*

Why not join the wise investors that will be getting value for their money within the shortest possible time?

The Peninsula Homes 2 is just a perfect investment for you to key in.

The Peninsula Homes is a prime estate located 5 minutes drive after the prestigious La Campaigne Tropicana Beach Resort and 10 minutes drive from the Lekki Free Trade Zone.

PROMO PRICE: *600K*
HOTTEST PROMO: *Buy 6 get 1 free*
ORIGINAL PRICE: *900K*
TITLE: *EXCISION IN PROGRESS*
SIZE: *600SQM*

*WHY YOU NEED TO INVEST IN PENINSULA HOMES 2*

�Over 250 Return On Investment in Shortest possible Time
�Close Proximity to LA Campaigne Tropicana Beach Resort and lekki free trade zone.
�Directly facing the major Road
�Selling at a promo price, the price will be increase in few days time.

Buying Real Estate is not only the best way, it's the quickest way and the safest way but the only way to become wealthy

For more information| Inspection| Payment Details 08062342001

Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by kingralu: 7:50pm On Nov 06, 2017
wickyyolo:
Great write-up. As an investor the only money I transfer to my savings account is what I intend to spend for the Month.

My money is in one investment or another. F*ck the Banks

invest in things like... how can I invest 200k in real estate or other meaningful things? ?
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by INTEGRITYA1(m): 4:28am On Nov 07, 2017
kingralu:

invest in things like... how can I invest 200k in real estate or other meaningful things? ?

You have the opportunity to pay instalmentally for up to 3 months for our low cost estates in Ibeju-Lekki between #600,000 to #700,000 thousand.

For more information: 08062342001
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by Marcdon10(m): 6:27pm On Nov 07, 2017
Call Adeshina now
+2348125429017.Thanks, God Bless..
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by Marcdon10(m): 6:30pm On Nov 07, 2017
Invest now and watch your investment grow 100%
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by Marcdon10(m): 6:40pm On Nov 07, 2017
Call/Whatsapp Adeshina now
+2348125429017
Peacemindglobalrealestate@yahoo.com
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by Marcdon10(m): 7:07pm On Nov 07, 2017
For more info, Inspection/Enquiries pls call: Adeshina +23408125429017

Email:
peaceminndglobalrealestate@yahoo.com

Blog:
http://peacemindglobal..com

Vconnect:
http://peacemindglobalrealestate

Facebook
www.facebook.com/peacemindglobalrealestate/

Instagram

www.instagram.com/peacemindglobalrealestate/
Re: Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. by Marcdon10(m): 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2017
Call Adeshina now on
+2348125429017 or Vicky on 07033985387..thanks..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My House Sold Without A Quit Notice To The Tenants / Fire Razes School, Hotel In Akwa Ibom (Pictures) / Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.