Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Corps Members Stranded In Abuja Over Non-payment Of "Allawee'' - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corps Members Stranded In Abuja Over Non-payment Of "Allawee'' (1853 Views)

Corpers In Sokoto Protest Non-Payment Of INEC Allowances / NYSC Non Payment Of Allawee / Kaduna Corpers & Ex Corpers Protesting Non-Payment Of Allowances (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corps Members Stranded In Abuja Over Non-payment Of "Allawee'' by Idokojimmy: 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2017
Some Batch B Stream 1 National Youth Service Corps Members who completed their one year compulsory youth service programme in the Federal Capital Territory on Thursdays (yesterday) are now stranded in the nation's capital following reported delay by the management of the scheme to pay them their allowance to enable them travel back to their various states of origin or resident.

On Friday, a female corps member who served in the Ministry of Federal Capital Territory Administration said she had to go back to her Place of Primary Assignment to beg for transportation to enable her travel home. According to her "you know NYSC has not paid us the last allawee, so I don't even have money to transport myself home. I have come to see if I can get money from some of my former 'Ogas'.

Even FCTA refused to pay us for some months. It is frustrating. Go to our various lodges as well as the NYSC Camp in Kubwa, Corpers are still there. Some of them, their rent expired last month yet there is no money to go back home. We hope they pay us soon" Meanwhile, the Management of NYSC has released a statement on its Facebook page blaming the delay in the payment of the allowance on technical problems with the payment platform. The statement added that a team of experts are working round the clock to address the issue.

The statement read "the Management of the National Youth Service Corps regrets the delay being experienced in the payment of personal allowance to Corps members.

"Management wishes to inform Corps members and the rest of the public that funds have since been released by the Federal Government, but the delay is as a result of technical problems with the payment platform. We wish to further inform that the service providers are working round the clock to restore connectivity so as to allow seamless crediting of Corps members’ accounts. We are confident that this will be achieved in a couple of days"

"Management appreciates the patience shown by Corps members in the face of this unforeseen challenge, and appeals for more understanding as we are working assiduously with the relevant agencies to address the problem. Payment of Corps members’ allowance is a top priority for the Federal Government and the NYSC Scheme, and wish to restate our commitment to the welfare of the youth on national service at all times".

Recall that similar fate was suffered previously by outgoing corps members, with some of them staging protest against the management of the scheme.

https://www.vigil360.com.ng/politics/22-trending-now/3989-corps-members-stranded-in-abuja-over-non-payment-of-allawee.html

Re: Corps Members Stranded In Abuja Over Non-payment Of "Allawee'' by Young03(m): 1:21pm On Nov 05, 2017
money no dey to pay
Re: Corps Members Stranded In Abuja Over Non-payment Of "Allawee'' by hakeem4(m): 1:40pm On Nov 05, 2017
They should probably scrap this stuff abeg

2 Likes

Re: Corps Members Stranded In Abuja Over Non-payment Of "Allawee'' by Stooi76(m): 2:12pm On Nov 05, 2017
Is all the federal parastatal that's having technical issue. Nobody has been paid
Re: Corps Members Stranded In Abuja Over Non-payment Of "Allawee'' by Dreydoe(m): 2:31pm On Nov 05, 2017
mtcheeeww you people are in d heart of this nonsense and you are complaining....instead of all of una corpers in Abuja to march to Nysc secretariat and go blast demmm deree,... Nigeria suffering and smiling

1 Like

Re: Corps Members Stranded In Abuja Over Non-payment Of "Allawee'' by tammyboy1(m): 5:42pm On Nov 05, 2017
shiit is funny,today is 5th and ex corp members are roaming about their ppa,u'l think they are staying behind,smh

Re: Corps Members Stranded In Abuja Over Non-payment Of "Allawee'' by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 4:15pm On Nov 06, 2017
it is not only in abuja but all over the country.
Am stranded too in Benin City.
Re: Corps Members Stranded In Abuja Over Non-payment Of "Allawee'' by shankara7: 4:39pm On Nov 06, 2017
ABIOLAXYZ:
it is not only in abuja but all over the country.

Am stranded too in Benin City.
Eyaa.
Re: Corps Members Stranded In Abuja Over Non-payment Of "Allawee'' by samsard(m): 7:56am On Nov 07, 2017
Welcome to Nigeria, where nothing works as it's suppose to work.
Re: Corps Members Stranded In Abuja Over Non-payment Of "Allawee'' by Idokojimmy: 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2017
Young03:
money no dey to pay

lol where e go?
Re: Corps Members Stranded In Abuja Over Non-payment Of "Allawee'' by chumada: 5:45pm On Nov 07, 2017
I'm really stranded, I have parked my bags since last week Thursday oooo, here I am still in this stupid city called abuja

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Printing Of Call-up Letters By The 2016 Batch ‘b’ (stream Ii) Pcms / Batch C Passing Out Date / What You Need To Know About Orientation Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.