Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Maina: Presidency Speaks On Buhari’s Involvement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maina: Presidency Speaks On Buhari’s Involvement (605 Views)

Presidency Speaks On Buhari Seeking Medical Treatment During Private Visit To UK / BREAKING: Presidency Speaks On Plot To Arrest CJN, Frame Court Justices / Presidency Speaks On Senate’s Demand For Magu’s Removal As EFCC Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maina: Presidency Speaks On Buhari’s Involvement by Ebisco012: 9:11am On Nov 06, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, has said he is not aware if his principal was involved in the reinstatement of former chairman of the Pension Reform Task Team, Abdulrashed Maina.

Maina, who was accused of fraud of over N2billion had travelled out of the country, shortly after he was sacked by the immediate past administration.

However, Maina, who recently sneaked back into the country, was reinstated into the civil service under controversial circumstances.

Following Maina’s reinstatement, the Head of Civil Service of the federation, Winifred Oyo-Ita, had in a leaked memo, claimed that Buhari was aware of the ex-Pension boss’s recall.

But featuring on The Osasu Show with Osasu Igbinedion, the presidential spokesperson said all those who were mentioned in connection with Maina’s case should be asked of Buhari’s involvement.

Adesina also noted that until Oyo-Ita openly declares that she wrote the memo, it does not stand.

He said, “The head of service to the best of my knowledge has not come out to own that memo allegedly published and credited to her. Until she owns it and say this memo is from me, then I can comment on it.”

Responding to if Buhari ordered the reinstatement as the leaked memo suggests, Adesina said “It is those who did the reinstatement who can answer that question, not me. Those involved and those mentioned- federal civil service, head of service, and attorney general of the federation. I think you should rather pose that question to them.”

On if Maina’s reinstatement tainted the name of the administration, Adesina said: “Yes. But if it was a bad look, was it an error of judgement or a deliberate thing. That is something we should consider.

“If it was not deliberate, errors can be corrected.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2017/11/maina-presidency-speaks-on-buharis.html

1 Like

Re: Maina: Presidency Speaks On Buhari’s Involvement by Luckylife(m): 9:18am On Nov 06, 2017
When the head is sick and rotten nothing good comes from the remaining parts that are swimming on lies and propaganda.
Re: Maina: Presidency Speaks On Buhari’s Involvement by Ohammadike: 9:19am On Nov 06, 2017
The Kwarraupt govt invited mania to fund bubu election simple and short

BEWARE OF CLUBKONNECT IT IS A FRADULENT VENTURE
Re: Maina: Presidency Speaks On Buhari’s Involvement by TheTrueSeeker: 9:31am On Nov 06, 2017
Why do I always disagree with everything Femi Adesina keep dishing out in defense of his boss; @Mbuhari?

First of all, how else do you expect the HOS to own-up to the memo she wrote?

Can any one write a memo on the official seal or letter head of the HOS?
Is there a signature on the memo? if yes, whose signature is it?

That memo was addressed to Femi's boss and so we expect Femi to had sighted the memo, he should please answer my questions above....!!!

As the SSA to @Mbuhari he should stop spewing rubbish and advise his principal to take responsibility for errors and if his advise is ignored, he should simply toe the path of honor.

Femi Please learn from Sean Spicer who honorable resigned as Trump's Press Secretary
Re: Maina: Presidency Speaks On Buhari’s Involvement by three: 9:53am On Nov 06, 2017
Not aware... Hmm where have I heard that before
Re: Maina: Presidency Speaks On Buhari’s Involvement by Nasa28(m): 9:56am On Nov 06, 2017
Funny dude.....

What corruption can do.
Re: Maina: Presidency Speaks On Buhari’s Involvement by Desyner: 10:42am On Nov 06, 2017
'Scam-eria' is our quantry.
Re: Maina: Presidency Speaks On Buhari’s Involvement by unohbethel(m): 10:56am On Nov 06, 2017
chai sir if only u had taken the place of tinibu's son....let me stop here.

(1) (Reply)

Rivers APC Condemns The Plot To Assassinate Amaechi / Congrats Our People In Anambra / The God Of Africa Must Be Crazy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.